Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 11:08 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1841 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2022
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:13 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sidefx wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
jpulice1969 wrote:
who ever we draft has to be strong and quick ,no more soft bodies,eg coll player maqueery (spelt wrong) he is quick and hard.

Agree. A Dustin Martin clone would take us to the next level :thumbsup:

Yes.
How about Rowell or A Brayshaw.

LDU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:56 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

FarmerBlue wrote:
jpulice1969 wrote:
who ever we draft has to be strong and quick ,no more soft bodies,eg coll player maqueery (spelt wrong) he is quick and hard.

If you could clone Dustin Martin once, you'd clone him 15 times. Stick a few key position players around them and win every flag ever

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:57 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

FarmerBlue wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
jpulice1969 wrote:

Yes.
How about Rowell or A Brayshaw.

LDU
Would love Rowell, LDU or Brayshaw but pipedreams all of em...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:18 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I think the club should try and get the highest pick they can and select a KPP. Preferably a forward. Aside from TDK who is more a ruck than a KPF IMO, we really have no young developing tall forwards on our roster which is not ideal. I just think Charlie and Harry are hitting mid age now and it takes years for talls to develop so we should get a young KPP now (or two) and by the time they've developed Charlie and Harry will be late 20s.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:26 am 
Harry Vallence

Paddycripps wrote:
I think the club should try and get the highest pick they can and select a KPP. Preferably a forward. Aside from TDK who is more a ruck than a KPF IMO, we really have no young developing tall forwards on our roster which is not ideal. I just think Charlie and Harry are hitting mid age now and it takes years for talls to develop so we should get a young KPP now (or two) and by the time they've developed Charlie and Harry will be late 20s.

Is there any good prospects in this years draft?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:46 pm 
Craig Bradley

FarmerBlue wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

There’s maybe half a dozen of them that will go in the first couple of rounds. Then there’s the overagers that would be good for a late/rookie pick. Plenty of options, if we’re desperate.

I’d try and get the Big Cohuna, Josh Treacy, out of Freo. If they’re into Jackson AND want to hang on to Lobb… Amiss in the wings… there might be a squeeze.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:31 pm 
Harry Vallence

Crusader wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

There’s maybe half a dozen of them that will go in the first couple of rounds. Then there’s the overagers that would be good for a late/rookie pick. Plenty of options, if we’re desperate.

I’d try and get the Big Cohuna, Josh Treacy, out of Freo. If they’re into Jackson AND want to hang on to Lobb… Amiss in the wings… there might be a squeeze.

What would he cost and would he come across to sit behind Curnow McKay TDK? If there are some talented talls in the draft I would rather do that. 3 Picks inside Top 30 could work well for us

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:36 pm 
Craig Bradley

FarmerBlue wrote:
Crusader wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

What would he cost and would he come across to sit behind Curnow McKay TDK? If there are some talented talls in the draft I would rather do that. 3 Picks inside Top 30 could work well for us

Pretty sure he’s on their rookie list, so the only costs would be time & effort. Maybe a few airfares.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:42 pm 
Rod Ashman

Preuss could get pushed out at GWS if the Grundy rumours are true. Given Pittonet gets injured a bit he could be a reasonable addition

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:42 pm 
Garry Crane

our problem is defence this where Austin should be concentrating in 22 draft . (march/Gov) unreliable ,(doc/saad) 27,28 yr old . We have weitering and young ,stocker and kemp our youngster havent really cemented a spot in /out. need to recruit quick defenders. Hawks main fwd is p72 in draft doing well.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:39 pm 
Harry Vallence

jpulice1969 wrote:
our problem is defence this where Austin should be concentrating in 22 draft . (march/Gov) unreliable ,(doc/saad) 27,28 yr old . We have weitering and young ,stocker and kemp our youngster havent really cemented a spot in /out. need to recruit quick defenders. Hawks main fwd is p72 in draft doing well.

Boyd 23
Williams 27
Durdin 26
McDonald 26
Young 23
Weitering 24
Kemp 21
McGovern 27
Marchbank 25

Doc, Saad have 3-4 years left at the top level

Says to me our defence is in it's "window" over the next few years. If we can somehow keep them fit it's a heck of a defence

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:42 pm 
Harry Vallence

Crusader wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
Crusader wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

Pretty sure he’s on their rookie list, so the only costs would be time & effort. Maybe a few airfares.

Bits I have seen he looks good but hardly seems to get a game

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:44 pm 
Harry Vallence

jpulice1969 wrote:

I think we have several issues.

1. Consistent run and ball use around wings
2. Fit players
3. Ball use

IMO the top 20 of the draft should be a bout picking the BEST player available. Then you start looking at needs.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:19 pm 
Harry Vallence

Time to go to the draft the next few years, we've bought in more than enough mature age players. We don't want to end up like North. They kept buying in mature players at the expense of young draftees thinking they could win a premiership. Dare I say look at them now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:35 pm 
Harry Vallence

cortez wrote:
Time to go to the draft the next few years, we've bought in more than enough mature age players. We don't want to end up like North. They kept buying in mature players at the expense of young draftees thinking they could win a premiership. Dare I say look at them now.

I'm sure Austin said that's what we will do and I agree. We need to go back to the draft and bring in young talent. I think we will be quiet come trade period.

Sholl from Crows is rumoured and won't cost much
Maybe a back up tall like Sinclair cheap
Then I reckon we will go to draft and have a pick in the pre season

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:35 pm 
Harry Vallence

DesEnglish wrote:
Preuss could get pushed out at GWS if the Grundy rumours are true. Given Pittonet gets injured a bit he could be a reasonable addition

Another injury prone player?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:40 pm 
Harry Vallence

We need another mature durable Ruckman & KPD ideally, hopefully we’re pro active we can’t sit back, list must be improved.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:47 pm 
Harry Vallence

Also need to draft a quality versatile tall with our 1st rounder as they take 3 to 5 to develop .
There’re quite a few quality talls in the top 15 picks / draft 2022.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:38 pm 
Craig Bradley

40 players used this year goes to horrendous injury run but probably good in the longer term for list development

Fourth youngest list augurs well also for the future also

Ed will go (oldest on our list )Williamson also gone and Newnes you would think is touch and go

The biggest problem with the list is those senior players largely brought in from other clubs that over a number of years have long term injury issues McGovern Marchbank Williams Martin and Cunningham

This needs to be sorted in some way so that we get team continuirty and whilst people get hysterical here when you mention salary most are on significant salaries taking up a huge slab of the cap so it affects us in recruiting but also maintaining our guns on the list

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:58 pm 
Rod Ashman

FarmerBlue wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:

Another injury prone player?

I like him. Big and hits hard. Everything we need

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1841 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 93  Next