Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:06 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 110  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:27 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sydney Blue wrote:
only GC ESS HAWKS and Crows fielded less experienced sides than us on weekend and the result reflected this
Brisbane had 132 games average to our 84 - thats over two seasons

It will get worse this week if Crippa gets suspended and Martin is injured again

Kingy is probably right but it doesn't make it any better the fall from grace since round 10 has been dramatic

Its not just the injuries and loss of players that have hurt it is the way the players have returned from injury have played

....underdone, half baked????

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:42 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

It's an interesting situation. Early in the season we were fast scoring, high scoring and we won plenty of games.
The "analysts" were claiming our offensive/defensive profile was poor and we couldn't go much further playing that style.
So we have evolved to become a better defensive team but we cant move the ball. The last quarter yesterday showed that when we move the ball with speed, we can score quickly. It's the balance that we require. Personally, I think we've pushed too far with the defensive ball movement and speed to our detriment. So we can't score but we also now can't move the ball out of our defensive half. We conceded 100 points for the first time yesterday.
We need to change it up and quickly. I suspect the players know we cant succeed playing as we currently are.

Get more speed on the ball, use the corridor more and give our forwards more opportunities. And mostly, take advantage when we have momentum instead of being rigid in our ball movement patterns.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:25 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
It's an interesting situation. Early in the season we were fast scoring, high scoring and we won plenty of games.
The "analysts" were claiming our offensive/defensive profile was poor and we couldn't go much further playing that style.
So we have evolved to become a better defensive team but we cant move the ball. The last quarter yesterday showed that when we move the ball with speed, we can score quickly. It's the balance that we require. Personally, I think we've pushed too far with the defensive ball movement and speed to our detriment. So we can't score but we also now can't move the ball out of our defensive half. We conceded 100 points for the first time yesterday.
We need to change it up and quickly. I suspect the players know we cant succeed playing as we currently are.

Get more speed on the ball, use the corridor more and give our forwards more opportunities. And mostly, take advantage when we have momentum instead of being rigid in our ball movement patterns.

THIS

Must play OUR style to WIN

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:00 pm 
Bruce Doull

Blue Vain wrote:

This times 1 million !!!

Especially against Melbourne, we can not let their defenders get set.

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:38 pm 
Harry Vallence

No point playing an attacking style of play when you can’t execute under pressure

I don’t think we are capable of dealing with sustained pressure. It’s been evident for a while.

We wilt and are mentally weak

This needs to change before we start thinking that we will be climbing the ladder in 2023.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:27 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

WOW wrote:
No point playing an attacking style of play when you can’t execute under pressure

I don’t think we are capable of dealing with sustained pressure. It’s been evident for a while.

We wilt and are mentally weak

This needs to change before we start thinking that we will be climbing the ladder in 2023.

Even when we continued to lose the centre bounce contest and proceeding clearance, its around the ground where our free flowing attack started in the last quarter. A similar full on forward thrust to create opportunities.

The point about mental weakness, I look at Richmond's most hated player, Lynch and compare his attack on the ball and man to Harry McKay. Harry needs to flick the switch and remember he's playing high stakes footy, not school footy, and near enough is not good enough. Have to make opportunities and take opportunities when they present.

I'd like someone to come into the club and get them fired up between the ears and play unsociable, dominating football.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:01 am 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

THIS

I agree but OUR style is still evolving but we were definitely better when we moved the ball quicker. It seems Collingwood has employed our earlier style. I also think that "confidence" thing has dropped off over time in the second half of the year and that manifests itself as "not hard enough at it". Voss has said we are playing the long game and I am sure he is still identifying the capabilities of each player and their limitations around an evolving game plan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:06 am 
Geoff Southby

carntheblues wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

THIS

I agree but OUR style is still evolving but we were definitely better when we moved the ball quicker. It seems Collingwood has employed our earlier style. I also think that "confidence" thing has dropped off over time in the second half of the year and that manifests itself as "not hard enough at it". Voss has said we are playing the long game and I am sure he is still identifying the capabilities of each player and their limitations around an evolving game plan

I'd say Voss knows exactly what game style he wants to play and we've seen that at the start of the season.
I just think with injuries, a long season and not having all the right pieces, he's had to adapt for the time being.
I expect to see an injection of players at the end of the year that plays his brand and better conditioning of current players to do so.
And we will see that fast midfield dominated play again.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:09 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/1193712/walsh-get-back-on-the-same-page

I love listening to our future captain.

Puts it all in perspective.

Those who think Voss isnt getting through to the players should carefully listen to this.

Those who think anyone other than the President has said anything about Finals and this years journey will need to listen to this.

I'm glad the leaders dont listen to the outside noise and stories some supporters are making up.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:33 pm 
Craig Bradley

Got the match ups wrong last week, but this week we had a terrific week in the box.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:07 pm 
Craig Bradley

Michael Voss wrote:
Our players were really brave throughout the whole night.

We're officially 'brave'... where to from here? :sly:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:24 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Did like it when he was asked in Hewett that he'd unlikely be available next week but should be for the finals.
Not if we get there. In his mind we are playing finals.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:00 pm 
Craig Bradley

Stefchook wrote:
Got the match ups wrong last week, but this week we had a terrific week in the box.

Was there anyone in the box?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:17 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

rhino27 wrote:
Did like it when he was asked in Hewett that he'd unlikely be available next week but should be for the finals.

I thought he said something like..."George has started to get going again a bit....the prognosis for him...if he is does start to train ....would be it would more towards to Finals ... I would think, more than anything else."

Training is very different to playing.

I think he was alluding that IF he's to start training would be during Finals...in a few weeks time...imo that's when his preseason training may start but nowhere near match fitness

Maybe you could read if we were to make a GF, and he dud start in a few weeks he might be available....long shot tho

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:24 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
rhino27 wrote:

I thought he said something like..."George has started to get going again a bit....the prognosis for him...if he is does start to train ....would be it would more towards to Finals ... I would think, more than anything else."

I think he was alluding that IF he's to start training would be during Finals...in a few weeks time...imo that's when his preseason training may start but nowhere near match fitness

Maybe you could read if we were to make a GF, and he dud start in a few weeks he might be available....long shot tho

I believe a point may have been missed

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:11 pm 
Geoff Southby

jezzarules wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
rhino27 wrote:

I believe a point may have been missed

Nah , the thought of not playing Finals didn't even enter Voss's head .

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:14 pm 
Craig Bradley

Sorry but 2022 is a fail imho... that mid season tweak to the game plan has cost us big time

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:39 pm 
Rod Ashman

Hornet wrote:
Sorry but 2022 is a fail imho... that mid season tweak to the game plan has cost us big time

Agree. You can’t be 10-4 and not make it.

Bares responsibility for mine. His job is to prepare them and he failed miserably

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:05 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Definite fail.
Game plan has not improved just personnel.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:24 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Average coach IMO.
We move the ball so slowly.
He hasn't implemented an unique game style whatsoever.
McRea on the other hand has a side that regularly loses clearances and hard ball gets in the top 4.
In the last 3 games we have a total of 2 goals in first quarters.
We picked the wrong coach.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 110  Next