Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:49 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 110  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:04 pm 
Rod Ashman

PS
When do the betting agencies open the market for the 2022 AFL Premiership?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:06 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CFC8795 wrote:
PS
When do the betting agencies open the market for the 2022 AFL Premiership?

You can place a bet now if you want

https://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/au ... 22-6101192

https://www.ladbrokes.com.au/sports/aus ... fcc331f32d

Last edited by Sydney Blue on Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:08 pm 
Rod Ashman

Thanks Sydney Blue!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:02 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sydney Blue wrote:
There is often this perception with Voss that he took over a great Brisbane side
In the previous 4 years to Voss taking over from Matthews they had not made the finals and won 36 /88 -40% winning margin
Voss 1st first year he took them back to the finals but struggled from there on
I don't think Matthews left him much to work with and in hindsight Voss probably should have gone full rebuild mode but in a market like Brisbane at that time it would have been a tough call

I am like everybody else unsure on how it will work out
We can only hope for the best and surely with the talent he has at his disposal he can can get them believing in their own abilities

Glad you posted these facts SB.

Voss got em going again after Lethal's team went backwards before he bailed.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:55 am 
Rod Ashman

Btw, I'll be prepared to wager (well, if I was a betting man) that if we go well next year, the Teague supporters/Sayers haters will simply claim that the same would have happened under Teague.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:28 am 
Horrie Clover

17th Premiership wrote:
Btw, I'll be prepared to wager (well, if I was a betting man) that if we go well next year, the Teague supporters/Sayers haters will simply claim that the same would have happened under Teague.

Its impossible to quantify either way.

The main contention from people in support of Teague (I am/was one) was that it was really difficult to get a read on his ability to coach, with respect to the overall covid landscape, not much VFL footy meaning that the kids either played seniors and got development or didnt get any real ability to play, and that he did about as well as most people with moderate expectations (which is what I had) had. Did I think we could play finals in 2021? Not really. I didnt think our "time" had come yet and it would have taken a lot of good fortune for it to play out (the number of mounting injuries showed me it wasnt likely).

My gut said 2023 from the moment we ditched Bolton to change to Teague, so it wouldnt surprise me if we did worse next year anyway and even if that comes to pass, it wont matter. 2023 is the year where all the youngsters hit that sweet spot of 100+ games, and our senior better players are still performing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:43 am 
Rod Ashman

thryleon wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:

Its impossible to quantify either way.

The main contention from people in support of Teague (I am/was one) was that it was really difficult to get a read on his ability to coach, with respect to the overall covid landscape, not much VFL footy meaning that the kids either played seniors and got development or didnt get any real ability to play, and that he did about as well as most people with moderate expectations (which is what I had) had. Did I think we could play finals in 2021? Not really. I didnt think our "time" had come yet and it would have taken a lot of good fortune for it to play out (the number of mounting injuries showed me it wasnt likely).

My gut said 2023 from the moment we ditched Bolton to change to Teague, so it wouldnt surprise me if we did worse next year anyway and even if that comes to pass, it wont matter. 2023 is the year where all the youngsters hit that sweet spot of 100+ games, and our senior better players are still performing.

Your thoughts are clearly well considered. Cheers.
I was a big supporter of Teague but lost the faith during the season when I saw players who clearly seemed not to know where to run or what to do. And looked genuinely surprised when the opposition got through them.
I've also heard some commentators talk about Teague not being prepared to alter his approach, and contrasting this with Simon Goodwin who people say embraced the recommendations about his approach and weaknesses. Not sure how true this is or whether it is just propaganda.
Oh, and I think your point about expectations for least season is spot on. For those (like me) who thought we should have made the 8, we were obviously a lot more disappointed than those who didn't think we were quite up to that point yet.

In any event, I am now looking forward to seeing how Voss can put his stamp on this team.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:59 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Every Victorian team was in the same boat. The VFL restrictions applied to everyone and all Victorian teams suffered in their opportunity to develop players. Teague wasn't disadvantaged any more than a dozen other coaches.
He wasn't up to it, he's gone and we move on.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:03 pm 
Harry Vallence

I'm excited by Voss. I believe he will bring the hardness and standards we need.

One thing I would like to see is Charlie Curnow play like Stringer DeGoey or Petracca. Go into the middle at times and be that dynamic player that can turn a game. Almost like Kouta. He is 192cm and has a great running capability. He can still go forward but with Mckay DeKoning JSOS McDonald or McGovern up forward he can play a slightly different role

Anyway just my thoughts. I enjoy reading the comments on here. Go Blues

Last edited by FarmerBlue on Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:07 pm 
Ken Hunter

FarmerBlue wrote:
I'm excited by Voss. I believe he will bring the hardness and standards we need.

One thing I would like to see is Charlie Curnow play like Stringer DeGoey or Petracca. Go into the middle at times and be that dynamic player that can turn a game. Almost like Kouta. He is 192cm and has a great running capability. He can still go forward but with Mckay DeKoning JSOS or McGovern up forward he can play a slightly different role

Welcome. :thumbsup: Just what we need here.....a farmers logical, calm, common sense approach to life and football. :wink: Enjoy

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:37 pm 
Harry Vallence

I am excited for Voss as well. I liked the way he played and if we see half of that competitiveness in his coaching we are in for a hell of a ride.

I was also on the Teague train and yes I thought we would make the 8 this year. But, I also feel he was dealt a rough hand with our injury list. This isnt mentioned a lot in the media, but I think we ran out of talent and he had to piece a team together with what he had. Some of the talent wasnt up to it.

His lack of a plan B in games disappointed me. 5 goal runs annoyed me, and his refusal to change his overall game plan lost me completely.

Time for Voss to shine and for us to see some success in the W column again.

Go Blues.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:07 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

17th Premiership wrote:
All wagers must be accompanied by an offer to eat one's own shit.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:06 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

FarmerBlue wrote:

One thing I would like to see is Charlie Curnow play like Stringer DeGoey or Petracca. Go into the middle at times and be that dynamic player that can turn a game. Almost like Kouta. He is 192cm and has a great running capability. He can still go forward but with Mckay DeKoning JSOS McDonald or McGovern up forward he can play a slightly different role

Yep...
Swap Cripps and Charlie during games...... Like we could have swapped Kennedy and Cripps on occasion this year.....but didn't.... maybe that too was a COVID-19 thing.... (just for the Teague discussion above)

Go Blues

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:08 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bluehammer wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:
All wagers must be accompanied by an offer to eat one's own shit.

:lol:
I'm still hoping Polson makes it :lol:

Go Blues

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:46 pm 
Horrie Clover

billc3 wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

Yep...
Swap Cripps and Charlie during games...... Like we could have swapped Kennedy and Cripps on occasion this year.....but didn't.... maybe that too was a COVID-19 thing.... (just for the Teague discussion above)

Go Blues

You missed the game where did that and ruined both of their games.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:57 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I hope Voss has been listening to SOS. Not that he probably doesn't already know.
But SOS went whack and it is probably what came out in the review

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:15 pm 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:
Every Victorian team was in the same boat. The VFL restrictions applied to everyone and all Victorian teams suffered in their opportunity to develop players. Teague wasn't disadvantaged any more than a dozen other coaches.
He wasn't up to it, he's gone and we move on.

Except BV the impact would be more on developing players/teams. Richmond, Geelong and other well established teams had game plans only needing tweaking, not establishing and the players were already well practiced in how they were to play. No coincidence that Richmond and Geelong played off in the Grand final last year IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:01 am 
Ken Hunter

and this year?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:56 am 
Geoff Southby

dannyboy wrote:
and this year?

Exactly.
I'm happy we have Voss.
Let's all start looking forwards.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:33 am 
Rod Ashman

I am happy with the Voss appointment too. He was a tough uncompromising midfielder which will be good for our group if he applies the same as a coach.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 110  Next