Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:03 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:21 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

There's next to no chance he gets gravely ill and doesn't make it so we can all relax.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 4:50 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Interesting times indeed.

Following the 66 game rebuild by SOS, we now hear we are in a 75 game plan to reach our peak

Quote:
Carlton chief executive Brian Cook has revealed the Blues plan to reach their on-field peak “in game 75” of his and Michael Voss’ three-year deals at the end of the 2024 season.

Having overseen the club’s best start to a season in 26 years, Cook is confident the Blues have an on-and-off field team and program in place to satisfy the long-suffering Carlton faithful.

While he isn’t promising flags in the club’s soon-to-be-ratified mission and purpose statements, he says every decision that has been made has been aimed at chasing sustained success.

“If you are talking about myself or Vossy, we are eight games into a 75-game contract, that’s the way I am looking at it,” Cook said this week.

“We’ve been here for six months and we have a long way to go. I hope we are at our absolute best during that period in our 75th game. That’s the peak.”

How he defines the 75 games?

Quote:
Then he added: “You will notice with those 75 games, it is 25 per year – on average.”

He is already counting the F.......word starting this year.

Quote:
While the man who turned Geelong into a football and financial powerhouse across the past two decades is loath to use the ‘f’ word this season, his arithmetic shows the club believes it can play an average of three finals per year until the end of 2024.

“It is going to need three years of list management … it is going to need three years of working in the new facilities … it will take a while,” he said of the time frame that takes in both his and Voss’ contracts.

Target Free Agents still on the Agenda.

Quote:
HE sees “a bit of a young Joel Selwood” in Sam Walsh while he remains confident forwards Charlie Curnow and Harry McKay will recommit long term as Walsh, Patrick Cripps and Jacob Weitering have already done;

THE club can still play a role in the free agency/trade window later this year.

Respectful players that show humility, which hasn't been part of our DNA since the 70's.

Quote:
He also pleased the Blues have had the fewest 50m penalties paid against them on the field so far this season, saying that goes back to respect.

Quote:
Cook knew the Blues’ playing list had “a terrific spine” and good overall potential when he signed on, but has been pleased with the recruitment of Adam Cerra and George Hewett.

Quote:
He was impressed by how “resource-rich” Carlton was, but said that also came with an obligation.

You want the players to have the best facilities, the best leaders and the best medical team. but while you want to pour all your support around them, they have to be accountable too,” he said.

“We will do our darnedest to give you the best environment whether you are in the AFL or AFLW programs, or whether you are a staff person, but you also need to play your part.”

“It’s a central headquarters and training facility for the men’s and women’s programs. It has a new gym; it has a new restaurant and cafe, it will have a new function space for 250 people and an indoor facility for indoor training … that will be the best indoor facility of all the AFL clubs.[/quote]

Quote:
Cook has been buoyed by the support the club has always had from its loyal fans.

“We are the most attended and most watched (club) and the most eyeballed on most of the media channels,” Cook said. “I just love the passion, the excitement and decibel levels.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 4:54 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
Interesting times indeed.

Following the 66 game rebuild by SOS, we now hear we are in a 75 game plan to reach our peak

Quote:
Carlton chief executive Brian Cook has revealed the Blues plan to reach their on-field peak “in game 75” of his and Michael Voss’ three-year deals at the end of the 2024 season.

Having overseen the club’s best start to a season in 26 years, Cook is confident the Blues have an on-and-off field team and program in place to satisfy the long-suffering Carlton faithful.

While he isn’t promising flags in the club’s soon-to-be-ratified mission and purpose statements, he says every decision that has been made has been aimed at chasing sustained success.

“If you are talking about myself or Vossy, we are eight games into a 75-game contract, that’s the way I am looking at it,” Cook said this week.

“We’ve been here for six months and we have a long way to go. I hope we are at our absolute best during that period in our 75th game. That’s the peak.”

How he defines the 75 games?

Quote:
Then he added: “You will notice with those 75 games, it is 25 per year – on average.”

He is already counting the F.......word starting this year.

Quote:
While the man who turned Geelong into a football and financial powerhouse across the past two decades is loath to use the ‘f’ word this season, his arithmetic shows the club believes it can play an average of three finals per year until the end of 2024.

“It is going to need three years of list management … it is going to need three years of working in the new facilities … it will take a while,” he said of the time frame that takes in both his and Voss’ contracts.

Target Free Agents still on the Agenda.

Quote:
HE sees “a bit of a young Joel Selwood” in Sam Walsh while he remains confident forwards Charlie Curnow and Harry McKay will recommit long term as Walsh, Patrick Cripps and Jacob Weitering have already done;

THE club can still play a role in the free agency/trade window later this year.

Respectful players that show humility, which hasn't been part of our DNA since the 70's.

Quote:
He also pleased the Blues have had the fewest 50m penalties paid against them on the field so far this season, saying that goes back to respect.

Quote:
Cook knew the Blues’ playing list had “a terrific spine” and good overall potential when he signed on, but has been pleased with the recruitment of Adam Cerra and George Hewett.

Quote:
He was impressed by how “resource-rich” Carlton was, but said that also came with an obligation.

You want the players to have the best facilities, the best leaders and the best medical team. but while you want to pour all your support around them, they have to be accountable too,” he said.

“We will do our darnedest to give you the best environment whether you are in the AFL or AFLW programs, or whether you are a staff person, but you also need to play your part.”

“It’s a central headquarters and training facility for the men’s and women’s programs. It has a new gym; it has a new restaurant and cafe, it will have a new function space for 250 people and an indoor facility for indoor training … that will be the best indoor facility of all the AFL clubs.

Quote:
Cook has been buoyed by the support the club has always had from its loyal fans.

“We are the most attended and most watched (club) and the most eyeballed on most of the media channels,” Cook said. “I just love the passion, the excitement and decibel levels.
[/quote]
Good times …

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 7:39 pm 
Geoff Southby

Great move getting Cook to the club . It always starts at the top . The bloke wreaks " Nous ".

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 9:45 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Go cookie monster go

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:56 pm 
Ken Hunter

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/11600 ... -happening

Good chat.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:03 pm 
Craig Bradley

Sayers - Cook - Voss

Vs

LoGiudice - Liddle - Teague

What a remarkable turnaround

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:30 pm 
Geoff Southby

jake_h03 wrote:
Sayers - Cook - Voss

Vs

I get what you’re saying, but a lot of the groundwork for what’s happening now was laid by those there before. LoG wasn’t perfect but I feel like he put in a lot of hard work during the tough times and helped set us on a good path.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:16 pm 
Geoff Southby

aboynamedsue wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Sayers - Cook - Voss

Vs

I get what you’re saying, but a lot of the groundwork for what’s happening now was laid by those there before. LoG wasn’t perfect but I feel like he put in a lot of hard work during the tough times and helped set us on a good path.

Absolutely spot on Sue . LoGo worked his backside off for our Club . Great credit to him .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:42 pm 
Bob Chitty

100%

no one from the past should be missed whilst looking to potential success moving forward. All have played their role in our success today and tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:49 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

ScottSaunders2 wrote:
100%

no one from the past should be missed whilst looking to potential success moving forward. All have played their role in our success today and tomorrow.

Each little step forward and out of the mess we were in following the 90's should be recognised and celebrated.

We are all part of the Carlton story....members, supporters, players, admin, sponsors......

We should not leave anyone behind. We all make mistakes.

Proud to be Bluebaggers.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:21 pm 
Geoff Southby

ScottSaunders2 wrote:
100%

Including Malthouse?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:22 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

I met LoG a couple of months ago. True gentleman and Carlton though and through.
Was still very enthusiastic about the club.
Was disappointed we couldn't meet his expectations before he stepped down

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:23 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Sidefx wrote:
ScottSaunders2 wrote:
100%

Including Malthouse?

Let's not get carried away....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:47 pm 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
ScottSaunders2 wrote:
100%

Each little step forward and out of the mess we were in following the 90's should be recognised and celebrated.

We are all part of the Carlton story....members, supporters, players, admin, sponsors......

We should not leave anyone behind. We all make mistakes.

Proud to be Bluebaggers.

Brilliantly put Bondi . Let bygones be bygones .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:56 pm 
Rod Ashman

Mickstar wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Sayers - Cook - Voss

Vs

Absolutely spot on Sue . LoGo worked his backside off for our Club . Great credit to him .

Those who came before did a reasonable job eliminating debt and building a list

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:48 pm 
Bruce Doull

That’s right folk….

a great man once said…”when carrying weight…
it’s best to put down the stuff that makes
your weight heavier…especially when you no
longer need said weight in the first place………..that is”…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:54 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
ScottSaunders2 wrote:
100%

Including Malthouse?

Let's not get carried away....

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:56 pm 
Harry Vallence

tommi wrote:
That’s right folk….

a great man once said…”when carrying weight…
it’s best to put down the stuff that makes
your weight heavier…especially when you no
longer need said weight in the first place………..that is”…!

kindest regards tommi

Lance Whitnall?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:02 pm 
Bruce Doull

Racist….!

kindest regards tommi

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next