Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:01 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:46 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

GWS wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Bluey44 wrote:
Can someone remind me what was Cook's involvement in relation to the whole Dank stink at Geelong?
What did he know, what was his role, what did he do..

Not trying to cast mud, just trying to understand how he approached the situation. The fact that Goodwin is now coaching for a grand final has got me thinking about all this stuff again

Dank only got found out after Carlton put the spot light on the drug cheatin Effendope*, when our ears pricked up after they literally violently smashed up our guys only 4 games after we eliminated them by nearly 100 points in the Elimination final.

I doubt anyone knew what Danks and the other bloke, the muscle and fighting coach whose escapes me for now, Rob something??? Good name for a guy who robs integrity.

Are you thinking of Shane “Dr Ageless” Charter bondi?

The guy who personally trained James Hird, Luke Darcy, Shane Wowoedin and Scott West and miraculously cured Hird’s irreparable navicular foot injury in a matter of months.

Or maybe Dean “The Weapon” Robinson?

Why do all these idiots have nicknames like they’re comic book characters?

@#$%&! I hate that club.

The weapon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:47 pm 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
GWS wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Bluey44 wrote:
Can someone remind me what was Cook's involvement in relation to the whole Dank stink at Geelong?
What did he know, what was his role, what did he do..

Not trying to cast mud, just trying to understand how he approached the situation. The fact that Goodwin is now coaching for a grand final has got me thinking about all this stuff again

Dank only got found out after Carlton put the spot light on the drug cheatin Effendope*, when our ears pricked up after they literally violently smashed up our guys only 4 games after we eliminated them by nearly 100 points in the Elimination final.

I doubt anyone knew what Danks and the other bloke, the muscle and fighting coach whose escapes me for now, Rob something??? Good name for a guy who robs integrity.

Are you thinking of Shane “Dr Ageless” Charter bondi?

The guy who personally trained James Hird, Luke Darcy, Shane Wowoedin and Scott West and miraculously cured Hird’s irreparable navicular foot injury in a matter of months.

Or maybe Dean “The Weapon” Robinson?

Why do all these idiots have nicknames like they’re comic book characters?

@#$%&! I hate that club.

The weapon

The Tossers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:50 am 
Geoff Southby

I stopped listening to SEN many years back. I got on air once with regards to the Gibbs trade and that Richmond old flower laughed at me and treated me like a clown, but I ended up being pretty spot on. I took umbrage. I’m sure the attitude was worse because I’m a woman.

I don’t like media personalities that show their bias. A lot of the time their supposed expert opinion or knowledge are all just reflections of what they would like to happen and not informative at all. Bunch of wankers.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:48 am 
Ken Hunter

Even Whateley has done a backflip about the state of Carlton under Sayers.

Pre the Cook announcement the club was apparently a basket case and rudderless with no direction and less hope.

1 hour ago he was raving on about Cook's abilities. 2 Premierships at West Coast and 3 at Geelong. Today he said if Cook can land Clarkson he could well land a 6th Premiership to his list at Carlton in 3 years. Talk about blowing smoke up the proverbial derriere.

As a Cats supporter, he obviously has a bottomless pit of love for Cook, but I think he is going abit hard abit soon.

I'm all for the media to stop piling on the Blues, but talk of a Premiership is abit much, even for a supporter of 57 years.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:18 am 
Bruce Doull

Unless there was an apology in his spiel to the club for the shit he’s been spewing, IDGAF how much he’s now puckering up because it’s not genuine.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:03 pm 
Bruce Doull

He still tempered it by putting it in the framework of only Cook could clean up the mess.

But yes he was very positive

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:19 pm 
Ken Hunter

CK95 wrote:
He still tempered it by putting it in the framework of only Cook could clean up the mess.

But yes he was very positive

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:31 pm 
Horrie Clover

Now that we have appointed him, they are going to talk us up, and how it was a good bit of business, and he is the chosen one, so that way they can pat themselves on the back for calling it early, or ridiculing us if it goes wrong stating that even the best in the business couldnt fix carlton irrespective of what goes wrong.

Its all very easy to be in their shoes.

Make it up. Condemn when it appears warranted, congratulate when it appears warranted, do it loudly, and the echo chamber you cater too will laud you for calling it early in both situations.

The ones who eat up the negative crap, wont listen to the Cook stuff and vice versa.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:48 pm 
John Nicholls

Not too long ago Bulldogs, Melbourne, Brisbane and even EFC**** were "basket cases" off field. First two are playing off in the big dance this weekend. The third has been firmly embedded in finals two years in a row. The final.... well still hasn't won one of those in a while :lol: but seem to have got their sh*t together.

Our turn now. Bring on Lyon (I hope) and lets get down to business.

As Safia would say: make them wheels roll!

Put me back together
Fix my broken mind
Make them wheels roll
Oh lord
Make them wheels roll

Back to the grind
Conform or redesign, you know
No place for a cog that thinks all on their own
Just flesh and bone
Oh just flesh and bone

Put us back together!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:23 pm 
Bruce Doull

https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/14 ... 8183981056

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:16 am 
Ken Hunter

so the area its looks like he is going to focus on - accountability...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:02 am 
Bruce Doull

Just like an accountant? Walsh will love that :grin:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:33 pm 
Ken Hunter

CK95 wrote:
Just like an accountant? Walsh will love that :grin:

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:18 pm 
Rod Ashman

Anyone know what coin Brian Cook would be on?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:49 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CFC8795 wrote:

It’s all good it’s coming out of his SMSF.

:lol:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:12 pm 
Ken Hunter

I would estimate Cook to be on between 400-500k on the club’s revenue and his experience.

https://chiefexecutive.net/wp-content/u ... y_2014.pdf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:15 pm 
Rod Ashman

SurreyBlue wrote:
I would estimate Cook to be on between 400-500k on the club’s revenue and his experience.

I could imagine a reasonable uplift on that when packaged up (Id be surprised if he wasn’t on +750k incl. super and variable components)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:17 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

thryleon wrote:
Now that we have appointed him, they are going to talk us up, and how it was a good bit of business, and he is the chosen one, so that way they can pat themselves on the back for calling it early, or ridiculing us if it goes wrong stating that even the best in the business couldnt fix carlton irrespective of what goes wrong.

Its all very easy to be in their shoes.

Make it up. Condemn when it appears warranted, congratulate when it appears warranted, do it loudly, and the echo chamber you cater too will laud you for calling it early in both situations.

The ones who eat up the negative crap, wont listen to the Cook stuff and vice versa.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:17 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CFC8795 wrote:

Bit?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:19 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

london blue wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

I could imagine a reasonable uplift on that when packaged up (Id be surprised if he wasn’t on +750k incl. super and variable components)

I think you're closer to the mark london ... you must know.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next