Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:45 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: EGM
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:04 pm 
Banned

Sidefx wrote:
Walsh wrote:
carntheblues wrote:
I thought half the board is now new?

We dont even know who they are and were never democratically elected on the board.

All we know they are Sayers yes men puppets.

You know there are two other organisations that democratically vote in their members?
The council and the government, case and point.

I'd prefer to let the board look for appropriate replacements with the skills that are required to help push the organisation forward, over letting people who have no idea of upper management vote in some numpty because he's a good bloke and loves Carlton.
Just my opinion.

Sure as I said if you think the club is well run then why even bother wasting your energy?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:27 pm 
Geoff Southby

Walsh wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
Walsh wrote:
carntheblues wrote:
I thought half the board is now new?

We dont even know who they are and were never democratically elected on the board.

You know there are two other organisations that democratically vote in their members?
The council and the government, case and point.

I'd prefer to let the board look for appropriate replacements with the skills that are required to help push the organisation forward, over letting people who have no idea of upper management vote in some numpty because he's a good bloke and loves Carlton.
Just my opinion.

Sure as I said if you think the club is well run then why even bother wasting your energy?

You're right.
I guess I'm just trying to provide a balanced ear, especially with all the chicken little, the sky is falling and jumping at shadows that seems to be getting pushed in here.
Maybe backing your point with some facts would be good, for a change.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:17 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sidefx wrote:
Phew.....I thought the Trump thread brought out the lunacy on TC.
Folks we have a new winner, this is a whole new level of bat shit crazy.

Quoting Malthouse on how bad our club is, the same person they are saying ruined our club. Wow, that's mind blowing stuff right there kids.

And then there's the straight up hypocrisy of "old" Carlton people wanting to make changes to something new, while at the same time professing this current board wreaks of "old" Carlton.

:banghead:

I don't subscribe to Facebook, but I can work out from what you've posted the type and quality of the Group's body of evidence to support their cause. Thanks for that.

They are obviously gullible and easily influenced by media. Just the type of Board we don't need. It was the media spruiking by Malthouse that prompted Kerna to sack Ratts.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:22 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

thryleon wrote:
Sidefx wrote:

Quoting Malthouse on how bad our club is, the same person they are saying ruined our club. Wow, that's mind blowing stuff right there kids.

And then there's the straight up hypocrisy of "old" Carlton people wanting to make changes to something new, while at the same time professing this current board wreaks of "old" Carlton.

I believe him.

Why don't you?

The definition of insanity is repeating the same process expecting different results.

The only other people I speak to about Carlton are Carlton supporters and the odd ex player.

Why wouldn't I believe a coach who went through the crap we are seeing?

Because he's paid to comment and then writes an article that highlights exactly why we hired him and were wrong to do so?

I dont know about you but making up stories based on my external perspective seems to be more lunacy than following the comments of the ex coach, particularly looking at how our current coaches tenure ended.

You believe that the reason for Malthouse's failure was the Board? Go fot it. Each to their own.

Too much evidence not in the Malthouse article that contradicts this assertion.

Both the Board and Malthouse were failures post 2012 in their own right.

We have a new Board now, and a new direction, and a good list to build a team that will give a good tilt at the Premiership.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:23 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Walsh wrote:

More baseless supposition.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:30 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
I thought he raised some relevant points about the club in article - the problem is it's massively hypocritical of him given he, leading up to his departure, totally screwed our future, big time.

That's exactly how I see it too.

I'm not dismissing the problems Malthouse saw with the Board in his time, and I hope the new Board looks at this article for the right reasons.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:46 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

thryleon wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
thryleon wrote:
Sidefx wrote:

I believe him.

Why don't you?

The definition of insanity is repeating the same process expecting different results.

The only other people I speak to about Carlton are Carlton supporters and the odd ex player.

Because he's paid to comment and then writes an article that highlights exactly why we hired him and were wrong to do so?

I dont know about you but making up stories based on my external perspective seems to be more lunacy than following the comments of the ex coach, particularly looking at how our current coaches tenure ended.

Simply, because I'm not gullible and especially not to the ravings of deluded old man that has a chip on his shoulder with a club that gave him what he deserved - The end of his coaching career.
Try re-reading it with the perspective he has an axe to grind.
He hardly says anything other than blaming the board for his own failings to deliver what was expected of him when he was hired, through DT.

He is right about one thing, where there is smoke there is fire. But unfortunately for him, it's his smoke and his fire.

Pi$$ off Mick, again.

He does say he shouldn't have taken the job. He's owning his mistake.

He doesn't go into any great details about whats wrong with the place, but his comment about history holding us back (its played a factor with sacking both Ratten and Teague) is actually true.

The salary cap, once again, true. I have little doubt he contributed to that with daisy, but thats beyond the point.

I don't like malthouse. I never wanted him at Carlton, and whilst he was there, I hoped it would end well rather than believed in it.

Anyway, we are drifting here. Need to look past who he is, and look at what he's stating.

If the EGM doesn't get up, we just have to hope they pull it together, but I tell you what, if we expect finals in the next two years with yet another game plan change, we are likely to offside a few players, some required some not, and that reinforces more of the same disunity. It's setting the next bloke up for failure.

I appreciate the first half of your post thryleon, but its fanciful to think if the Rebel Group doesn't spill the Board at the EGM Carlton will be in a worse position to achieve finals in the next 2 years.

A good game plan, using the right personnel already on our list to execute the game plan has a great chance to achieve finals next year, just as Effendopes* did. You're assuming this group can't make finals with anew coach. There's good reason why a lot of scribes feel we underdelivered in 2021 with the list we have, and most of them, like most of the supporters, had concerns about the "all out offense Game plan" let alone other reasons with the coach and the MC....you know, the Football dept.

... and when the coach tweaked the game plan to introduce a much needed attention to Defense, we lost by greater margins than the 5 goals we were use to, from the North game onwards.

Teague couldn't defend.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:49 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

thryleon wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
thryleon wrote:
Sidefx wrote:

I believe him.

Why don't you?

Simply, because I'm not gullible and especially not to the ravings of deluded old man that has a chip on his shoulder with a club that gave him what he deserved - The end of his coaching career.
Try re-reading it with the perspective he has an axe to grind.
He hardly says anything other than blaming the board for his own failings to deliver what was expected of him when he was hired, through DT.

He is right about one thing, where there is smoke there is fire. But unfortunately for him, it's his smoke and his fire.

Pi$$ off Mick, again.

He doesn't go into any great details about whats wrong with the place, but his comment about history holding us back (its played a factor with sacking both Ratten and Teague) is actually true.

The salary cap, once again, true. I have little doubt he contributed to that with daisy, but thats beyond the point.

I don't like malthouse. I never wanted him at Carlton, and whilst he was there, I hoped it would end well rather than believed in it.

Anyway, we are drifting here. Need to look past who he is, and look at what he's stating.

If the EGM doesn't get up, we just have to hope they pull it together, but I tell you what, if we expect finals in the next two years with yet another game plan change, we are likely to offside a few players, some required some not, and that reinforces more of the same disunity. It's setting the next bloke up for failure.

He doesn't say he spruiked for the job whilst on radio in 2012.
He doesn't say he said the list Ratten had should be a top 4 team.

He spruiked for the job.

Forget that he reports he shouldn't have taken the job. At the time he took the job, he had tickets on himself, and thought he could go on a tour to sell books around the country with his daughter when he should have been focusing on the full time job he took on.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:50 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

JK wrote:
they are going to look even sillier if we get our preferred candidates at CEO and senior coaching level . All they are doing now is disrupting that process.

Precisely.

I don't know what they want to achieve, nor can I ssee what they think they can achieve.

Totally disorganised, anarchic and disruptive.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:52 pm 
Banned

Blue Vain wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Not this time - nothing baseless about this one.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:09 pm 
Horrie Clover

Sidefx wrote:
thryleon wrote:

This is the issue, he has his own internal biases and everything he writes or says is based on those.
Just like you have yours and you are looking to seek reasons the board is bad and no change has been made that is significant enough to satisfy you.
Hence why you are happy to believe the rantings of a bitter old man who sells drama, stories and controversy for a living.

Personally, I like to take peoples perspective with a pinch of salt and an open mind. But for Mick, I will take nothing.

Just like you have yours against him so anything he says is dismissed.

FWIW, odds are Malthouse doesn't need to do this to make a living. He's a well respected part of the football community, and is likely more doing it in much the same way we do on these forums.

We paid him a good 500k a year, and I doubt he was on much less at Collingwood when he departed them. Do the maths. These guys arent just bitter twisted pay for comments people. Theyve earned money we can only ream about in their last 20 years.

The book thing is always easily dismissed by emotional supporters too. He was contractually unable to begin work with us until October 31st as per his departure from Collingwood, and his book tour was done by then.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:19 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

thryleon wrote:

The book thing is always easily dismissed by emotional supporters too. He was contractually unable to begin work with us until October 31st as per his departure from Collingwood, and his book tour was done by then.

I can't remember that. I knew there was a "valid" excuse around he had made the commitment to his daughter before he took the job at Carlton.

Anyway, I prefer my view of Malthouse.

He was past it, spruiked for the job in the media by degrading Ratten, and came to Carlton for his super payment $1.5M on his terms and his people. Hence he failed Carlton, and therefore himself.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:47 pm 
Horrie Clover

^^ Your view isnt any less correct because of anything to do with the book tour.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/mal ... 262l6.html

We changed a few things for the super coach, but THIS is where our rotten club culture is really and truly highlighted:

Quote:
Ratten commented in a radio interview three days ago that the Blues had suddenly found the significant extra money to fund Arizona, with the team departing along with the new coach on November 8.

Ratten also expressed on 3AW how disappointed he was at the club's treatment of senior assistant Mark Riley, who has been offered a development role with the club after being a midfield assistant. Riley is understood to have taken sick leave while weighing up his future.

The club's other midfield coach, Paul Williams, has been sacked.

He was just a bitter ex coach though, right?

That's not to say that these things aren't the correct decisions, but this is the way we do things. We treat people as disposable, and then when they don't bleed for the club, we wonder why.

This is how you build a strong culture. With Brendan Bolton, it was the first time I thought we had bucked the trend and turned the corner. He had his chances, and it wasnt working and it needed a breathe of fresh air.

We got, we did it, and he was gone. Even Caro was saying that she was surprised he lasted that long, which made me think that perhaps we didnt go too early on him, and that the change was required.

Sure enough, under Teague things lifted. We did go through a process to hire a coach, interviewed at least Michael Voss, and then elected to stick with Teague. Under Teague we have been at worst, competitive. Our 2020 given COVID was actually quite good, and we fell short on finals just. The 5 goal run ons became the problem. Thing is, they werent an opponent rampaging. To my mind, they came in periods where we didnt convert rather than the opponent had us on toast with only the recent Port Adelaide game being the one time I can think of that we were truly uncompetitive, but that was with Teagues sacking imminent, and the club already looking at Clarkson and Lyon.

Its all quite distasteful, and disrespectful.

Lets hope this time it will be different, but something tells me that it will simply be another piece of history repeating. At the start of the year, I thought Collingwood would be the biggest train wreck of the season, unfortunately it was the Teague Train instead.

Now we wait and see. My forecast is that we will have another split changing room which will simply cement in the next generation of guys going through the motions.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:06 am 
Stephen Kernahan

thryleon wrote:
That's not to say that these things aren't the correct decisions, but this is the way we do things. We treat people as disposable, and then when they don't bleed for the club, we wonder why.

it's an elite environment. The strong survive and the turnover of people is significant.
The AFL system delisted in excess of 100 players last year. That doesn't include forced retirements, trades etc. That's well over 100 people who lost their livelihoods because they couldn't or wouldn't meet the standard required.
It's a cut throat environment and anyone who thinks the other 17 clubs don't treat their people as disposable is in fairy land.
Go to the AFL thread and have your whinge there because it's a competition wide practice. Coming into the EGM thread and using it to denigrate our club is disingenuous at best.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:09 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Walsh wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Unless you can present proof of your claim, then yes, it is more baseless supposition.
Over to you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:13 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

thryleon wrote:
My forecast is that we will have another split changing room which will simply cement in the next generation of guys going through the motions.

A division in the playing group is self destructive, and serves no purpose at all.

This must not happen. There are professionals who can help...please, not Leading Teams.

Whatever happens, if division is there, it must be squashed.

Purpose and selflessness must be the players' objective and harnessed to bring momentum into the preseason.

Playing group will recover short term sadness from Teague's absence.

Start by playing Liam Stocker's recent interview to the group. Then bring back the Bluebirds in a covid sake manner..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:43 am 
Banned

Blue Vain wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Unless you can present proof of your claim, then yes, it is more baseless supposition.
Over to you.

Provide proof? Sure just contact Hollingsworth and Loccisano if you so dearly want that "proof".

You dont need to call out everyone a liar just because it doesn't fit in your narrative - they are Sayers puppets. End.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:30 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I'm not here to run around validating your baseless claims. :lol:
If you can't verify your continuous accusations, no worries. I'll just treat them as they appear. Fictitious guess work.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:37 am 
Geoff Southby

thryleon wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
thryleon wrote:

This is the issue, he has his own internal biases and everything he writes or says is based on those.
Just like you have yours and you are looking to seek reasons the board is bad and no change has been made that is significant enough to satisfy you.
Hence why you are happy to believe the rantings of a bitter old man who sells drama, stories and controversy for a living.

Personally, I like to take peoples perspective with a pinch of salt and an open mind. But for Mick, I will take nothing.

Just like you have yours against him so anything he says is dismissed.

FWIW, odds are Malthouse doesn't need to do this to make a living. He's a well respected part of the football community, and is likely more doing it in much the same way we do on these forums.

We paid him a good 500k a year, and I doubt he was on much less at Collingwood when he departed them. Do the maths. These guys arent just bitter twisted pay for comments people. Theyve earned money we can only ream about in their last 20 years.

Nope, defiantly not.
I'll let you do the math.

http://www.talkingcarlton.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37286&start=500

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:13 am 
Ken Hunter

Walsh wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Over to you.

Provide proof? Sure just contact Hollingsworth and Loccisano if you so dearly want that "proof".

You dont need to call out everyone a liar just because it doesn't fit in your narrative - they are Sayers puppets. End.

hang on, so facts are facts when someone other than me, that I say says so, says they are (so long as they agree with my version of the facts that is)?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next