Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:26 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: EGM
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:33 pm 
John Nicholls

Mickstar wrote:
Ok...........we all know Vince . Who are the blokes who are gonna run with him ? timing is everything and i reckon now is not the time . Let this new Prez do his thing . BUT by the same token i want to know who this alternative mob is and what they intend to do . I don't like this closed shop silence all critics business . Should all be out in the open . I gotta admit Sayers spoke well and he came over well . Also plenty of what Vince has to say is very close to the bone . Don't think Sayers should dismiss Vince outright coz Vince has been around a long time and thrown a heap of dollars into the club . I would like " em to get together and trash out there differences . Sort it out and move forward TOGETHER and UNITED ...............Nuh , now aint the time to quarrel and bicker . Nows the time to come together and move forward as one .

The Carlton Football Club . Now , Always , Forever .

When is the "right" time ?

It's not that I disagree with your sentiments, I agree.

But if ever there was a right time, I would have thought it's now...

We need a "don't think, do" moment.

Only in our case, it's "don't just do... think!" :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:35 pm 
Ken Hunter

Disagree with an EGM at this time.
New president in Sayers and half of the board replaced. That’s 5 new positional changes.
Need to give them time form here with such changes. Also feel Sayers might be the ‘strongest’ President we have had in a while. Just my opinion.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:51 pm 
Bruce Doull

Mickstar wrote:
we all know Vince . Who are the blokes who are gonna run with him ?

Get ready to take a ride on the wild side at Carlton....

Post subject: EGM
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:16 pm 
Harry Vallence

Mickstar wrote:
Rocco Iguana wrote:
Whether people like it or not there will be an EGM, if the required numbers per the constitution are met.

If the resolution is for a spill of all Board positions, then all current directors and those aspiring to be directors can put their hands up for election per the constitution requirements.

Then the members will vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We get that Roccy . Who is Vince's team ? name names .

No idea whose on his ‘team’ or anyone else who aspires to the board for that matter.

We’ll know who’s putting their hand up when nominations close.

Members can pick and choose from the smorgasbord of candidates.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:40 pm 
Bruce Doull

the smorgy's board of candidates.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:50 pm 
John Nicholls

As opposed to Smorgon's board.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:58 pm 
Harry Vallence

Ok smarty bums, a conga line of candidates then.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:59 pm 
Geoff Southby

Boys , not having a crack at anyone . But having been around the joint for well over a half century i want to know . I " m not a Sayers fan , but i gotta say since he has taken the reigns he comes across as a hard man . A bloke with a bit of drop punt in him . I like a tough cookie at the top . But it aint everything . Where has it been for the last ten years . At the moment i am happy to give him a go . But i still want to know about this other mob . Reckon they are more than entitled to put there case as we have been woeful for twenty years plus . Good on Vince for having a go . We need a big shake up . If Sayers is any sort of bloke he should welcome the challenge . What i find EXTREMELY concerning is these new board members having been drinking from the same swill as the others . In other words YES MEN . We need a bit of new talent from outside rather than a bunch of cronies swapping deck chairs . As a good start Sayers needs blokes in there from out of his circle . Not just his clique ..............nice for Sayers to get Vince in and get him to chuck a couple of names in . Compromise deal , avoid the AGM , and for faaark sake get rolling together coz i am sick to death of this pathetic shit that has been dished up for the last twenty years plus . ENOUGH .

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:02 pm 
Trevor Keogh

I think a lot of mistakes were made but let's give the new-look board a chance to see if they're any good. But I'm always open to the idea, considering what we've had to put up with to this time.

Last round Carlton made the final four for the first time.

Eventual premiers.

That's what I'm talking about!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:08 pm 
Harry Vallence

Mickstar wrote:
Boys , not having a crack at anyone . But having been around the joint for well over a half century i want to know . I " m not a Sayers fan , but i gotta say since he has taken the reigns he comes across as a hard man . A bloke with a bit of drop punt in him . I like a tough cookie at the top . But it aint everything . Where has it been for the last ten years . At the moment i am happy to give him a go . But i still want to know about this other mob . Reckon they are more than entitled to put there case as we have been woeful for twenty years plus . Good on Vince for having a go . We need a big shake up . If Sayers is any sort of bloke he should welcome the challenge . What i find EXTREMELY concerning is these new board members having been drinking from the same swill as the others . In other words YES MEN . We need a bit of new talent from outside rather than a bunch of cronies swapping deck chairs . As a good start Sayers needs blokes in there from out of his circle . Not just his clique ..............nice for Sayers to get Vince in and get him to chuck a couple of names in . Compromise deal , avoid the AGM , and for faaark sake get rolling together coz i am sick to death of this pathetic shit that has been dished up for the last twenty years plus . ENOUGH .

Genie out of the bottle, egm to be called.

if resolutions to spill the board is accepted by the members, then it’s going to happen.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:54 pm 
Bruce Doull

I maintained that this was a circus in name only before due to meedya BS.

Now these @#$%&! clowns have come to town and made it official.

We seriously have some of the @#$%&! stupidest people in the world supporting this club.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:14 pm 
Geoff Southby

If you listen to Sayers’ comments on SEN yesterday, he said he tried to reach out to Vince and sit down for a chat over a coffee, but Vince wouldn’t entertain it.
Thus ‘Carlton Now’ ticket reeks of an Elliott backed agitation.
It’s our version of the Tiges ‘‘Focus On Footy’ board spill attempt, except they had the sense to eventually back down instead of humiliating themselves further.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:34 pm 
Ken Hunter

can't wait for the new season to roll around and that first loss to Richmond so everything will settle down.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:41 pm 
Bruce Doull

Dominator_7 wrote:
If you listen to Sayers’ comments on SEN yesterday, he said he tried to reach out to Vince and sit down for a chat over a coffee, but Vince wouldn’t entertain it.
Thus ‘Carlton Now’ ticket reeks of an Elliott backed agitation.
It’s our version of the Tiges ‘‘Focus On Footy’ board spill attempt, except they had the sense to eventually back down instead of humiliating themselves further.

They also seemed to have some sort of plan, with some actual names attached.

These idiots just have yelling, hyperbole and whining about the good old days when Elliott ran things.

And if some reports can be believed, they were part of the reason Clarkson was scared off. So well done muppets.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:44 pm 
Geoff Southby

Yep, the instability these idiots brought virtually cost us any chance of getting Clarko. Well done Vince, you stronzo!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:01 pm 
Ken Hunter

I look forward to reading his complete Agenda for the Club and the list of persons he plans to have take a seat on the Board. Hopefully those persons are standing shoulder to shoulder with him at the EGM.

The proof is in the facts and the fine print not the rhetoric from the loudest voice.

If he wants genuine change, let’s hope he gives genuine alternatives to choose from and not just an angry man shouting at clouds.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:52 pm 
Harry Vallence

Maybe the agenda is to simply give members a chance to cast their judgement on the last decade of those at the helm.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:56 pm 
Harry Vallence

Mickstar wrote:

Absolutely second that ... let’s just make a deal and get on with Carlton winning games

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:15 pm 
Ken Hunter

Rocco Iguana wrote:
Maybe the agenda is to simply give members a chance to cast their judgement on the last decade of those at the helm.

So 50 old men yelling at clouds. :yikes: :yikes:

Rocco don’t give us problems, give us solutions.

Sounds like the 15 guys who sat in the outer at Princess Park acting as the Unoffical Selection Committee. I loved their spirit and they certainly helped oust Elliot, but each one had a different opinion. I know because I had to listen to everyone one of them over and over.

It was like herding cats. But passionate they were I will give them that :lol: :lol:

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:24 pm 
Craig Bradley

Yep
Cazz those were the days and agree everyone in the USC had a different opinion and they weren’t ashamed to voice it

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next