Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:37 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:29 am 
Rod Ashman

Didn't watch the game but thought we would lose by more especially given all the outs through injury. Glad our season is over.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:38 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue Vain wrote:
Cons?

Teague in his press conference saying Jesse Hogan was the difference and Brodie Kemp will learn from the experience.
Nah, we didn't lose because a kid in his second game had 3 goals kicked on him.
Our inability to win enough ball, be effective with the ball and defend when the opposition had the ball was the problem. That's not on Brodie Kemp. Give the kid something positive to go into the future with. Not a public whack in the final game of the year.

Some other comments from Teague

"He (Cripps) chose to handball, so I'm guessing there may have been something in it. It wasn't something I was aware of going into the game, he was kicking at training during the week. I don't know if he hurt it early or he was choosing not to handball. That hurt us a little bit around the contest at times, I thought our ability to get the ball was good but our ability to get distance off it, that hurt us, so that's something from a leadership point of view and a group point of view we've got to get better at."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:17 pm 
Craig Bradley

Pros:

We didn't throw in the towel.
The season and Teague reign are over. Get to see if a new coach can make us much harder to beat.
Thought we used LOB well as the designated kicker.
Weitering and Ed.
Walsh still found lots of ball despite the attention of De Boer. His overhead marking has become a real weapon.
Thought Cripps was pretty good. Same with Fisher. Loved his pressure.
Liked Stocker's game.
Liked De Koning's willingness to tackle and compete at ground level.
Nice flashes from Durdin.
Kemp also. Although he looks much better at ground level right now than in the air. Got badly beaten in marking contests.
Dow had a good quarter and a half. Found as much ball as he did in the whole game last week.

Cons:

Out tackled again. Only 42 tackles, and 1 forward tackle (compared to the opposition's 60 and 19).
Again were cut up out of the centre bounces in the second half.
Can't win games when a third of your team don't win possessions (Williamson 12, Plowman 11, Newnes 10, Betts 9, Honey 5, Durdin 3).
Charlie was again very wasteful with the ball. Could easily have kicked 3-4 goals.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:27 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Vain wrote:
Cons?

Teague in his press conference saying Jesse Hogan was the difference and Brodie Kemp will learn from the experience.
Our inability to win enough ball, be effective with the ball and defend when the opposition had the ball was the problem. That's not on Brodie Kemp. Give the kid something positive to go into the future with. Not a public whack in the final game of the year.

Yes I was surprised hearing Teague make those comments.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:03 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Humpers wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Cons?

If he said that, he was either taking the p!ss, or confirming that he has no idea....
Slaughtered in the clearances and tackles once the game slowed... after about 1 1/2 quarters...
We haven't learnt... Need to control and play some momentum footy, even if we are only a goal or two up...

We keep going crazy, headless chooks... Works if you are scoring, doesn't if you are running back to defend and are exhausted...

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:11 pm 
Robert Walls

Humpers wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Cons?

I wasn't...how much more evidence do we need...he is exiting disgracefully for mine

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:15 pm 
Craig Bradley

99prelim wrote:
Humpers wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Cons?

I wasn't...how much more evidence do we need...he is exiting disgracefully for mine

Disgracefully? Serious? Ridiculous comment no matter whether one thinks he should go or not.

He will leave as our 2nd best performed coach this century. Even better than Malthouse. Not that the bar was very high. You must've really hated most of the others then. Hard to coach a side with a shit culture that lacks the drive and motivation to succeed. Everything looks bad.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:59 am 
Geoff Southby

I like this kid Durdin..........going back a long time , but i reckon he has got a lot of Fraser Murphy about him .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:31 pm 
Harry Vallence

wanted to comment on our tackling

no need, its been highlighted enough in the thread already

So, I cancel Kayo for another 6 months, wait for the draft and the trade period and get sucked into the offseason hype by the Carlton media... I love this time of year

:)