Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:02 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:51 pm 
Geoff Southby

Walsh wrote:
Juddy&theKruezers wrote:
Comparing our coach to Klopp … Lol Walsh …

Why not?

Brandon Rodgers played the kids.... didnt get the results and got sacked

Jurgen Klopp took him four years to build a team

You get worse, Rodgers nearly won the league with Liverpool, before regressing and getting sacked.

Arteta and Teague is a better analogy, neither have done anything any neither any guarantee to do so.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:53 pm 
Rod Ashman

Mods can you please ban me for a week?
Some posters on TC are making this loss feel worse than it was. :banghead:
I don't have the self-discipline to stay off TC :donk:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:53 pm 
Banned

Adam Chatfield wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Juddy&theKruezers wrote:

Why not?

You get worse, Rodgers nearly won the league with Liverpool, before regressing and getting sacked.

Arteta and Teague is a better analogy, neither have done anything any neither any guarantee to do so.

Rodgers got sacked because he wasn't good enough and it took Klopp years (8 transfer windows) to build the team he wants.

I know you blokes are hurting after todays loss - but seriously this is just aimless nonsense.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:54 pm 
Geoff Southby

Walsh wrote:
Adam Chatfield wrote:
Walsh wrote:
jim wrote:
mymanmurph wrote:
Feel sorry for Murph he deserved a better effort than that last 2.5 quarters from the team.
Game passed him 18 months ago but deserves to be in the list of all time games at Carlton. He gave his all for a long time in some VFL standard teams let’s be honest. Hat off to him not sure I would have hung around so long.
Gotta feel for Teague too not many coaches last after that sort of defeat especially at Carlton

That was a Bolton/Paganesque defeat that happened many times. Under Teague, until today, we had suffered anything close to that, always competitive on the scoreboard. Just shows the players have given up on Teague, as they have with our other coaches. My worry, after 20 years of this rubbish, is will be be able to attract a coach. They would know there is every chance their reputation would be left in total tatters with no chance then of another senior job.

Unless we fix player culture and their lack of motivation and will to succeed then the club is fk'ed for years. I got lucky to see 8 flags but it must kill younger supporters.

Yep team culture takes years to build it doesn't take 1-2 years as some wish. If you want long term sustained success they you need one coach to instil it. Be patient back them in to get the players he wants to play the brand he wants. Is the only way. Hinkley has been at Port for 10 years and hasnt won a flag.

Clarkson and Lyon are too old to do that.

Again it’s weird as I’m not even anti Teague but you keep shooting yourself in the foot with your analogies.

Hinkley made finals first 2 years with Port and they have been right there or thereabouts since he’s taken over. How is that remotely similar to Teague?

Has he won a flag?

So any coach without a flag is the same?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:56 pm 
Bruce Doull

CFC8795 wrote:
Mods can you please ban me for a week?
Some posters on TC are making this loss feel worse than it was. :banghead:
I don't have the self-discipline to stay off TC :donk:

Done :thumbsup:

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:59 pm 
Craig Bradley

Adam Chatfield wrote:
Walsh wrote:
jim wrote:
mymanmurph wrote:
Feel sorry for Murph he deserved a better effort than that last 2.5 quarters from the team.
Game passed him 18 months ago but deserves to be in the list of all time games at Carlton. He gave his all for a long time in some VFL standard teams let’s be honest. Hat off to him not sure I would have hung around so long.
Gotta feel for Teague too not many coaches last after that sort of defeat especially at Carlton

That was a Bolton/Paganesque defeat that happened many times. Under Teague, until today, we had suffered anything close to that, always competitive on the scoreboard. Just shows the players have given up on Teague, as they have with our other coaches. My worry, after 20 years of this rubbish, is will be be able to attract a coach. They would know there is every chance their reputation would be left in total tatters with no chance then of another senior job.

Unless we fix player culture and their lack of motivation and will to succeed then the club is fk'ed for years. I got lucky to see 8 flags but it must kill younger supporters.

Yep team culture takes years to build it doesn't take 1-2 years as some wish. If you want long term sustained success they you need one coach to instil it. Be patient back them in to get the players he wants to play the brand he wants. Is the only way. Hinkley has been at Port for 10 years and hasnt won a flag.

Again it’s weird as I’m not even anti Teague but you keep shooting yourself in the foot with your analogies.

Hinkley made finals first 2 years with Port and they have been right there or thereabouts since he’s taken over. How is that remotely similar to Teague?

While we argue coaching merits at this club we're on the wrong track.

If Teague coached Port and Hinkley Carlton I bet Hinkley we'd be saying that Teague was alot better coach. Once side has a culture, the other doesn't. Can't coach bad culture. Hinkley would have been long sacked by now here. Imagine if Clarko came to us in 2013 when Mick did. Rather than an all-time great 4 time premiership coach his reputation would be in tatters.

Sometimes it depends on your environment.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:59 pm 
Banned

Adam Chatfield wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Adam Chatfield wrote:
jim wrote:
mymanmurph wrote:

Has he won a flag?

So any coach without a flag is the same?[/quote]

if he wins the flag this year it would have taken him 10 years.

Teague took over a team that was last on the ladder two years ago and Covid stricken last year.

Hinkleys team didnt play finals between 2015-2019 so not so much long term sustained success here. But got the players he wanted and doing better and thats what we all should want to see. Get better quality players on the list and thats that damn midfield

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:02 pm 
Geoff Southby

Walsh wrote:
Adam Chatfield wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Juddy&theKruezers wrote:

Why not?

Rodgers got sacked because he wasn't good enough and it took Klopp years (8 transfer windows) to build the team he wants.

I know you blokes are hurting after todays loss - but seriously this is just aimless nonsense.

I’m not even anti Teague like some here, I merely see there are many problems and he is just a piece. I think with the current board we could have clarko and co and on field it will be pretty much the same.

However I still don’t see the similarity to Teague and Klopp.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:03 pm 
Harry Vallence

Bluetears wrote:
Waterman wrote:
So who is going to put there hand up now to coach us next year? Somebody , Anybody , is there someone out there .

I'll do it for 60k p/a.

I pledge that betts (wants to play on next year) and docherty will be gone.
I will use a phone to make changes during a match. I will throw temper tantrums for shit performances so ferocious, the players will be scared to lose. No enjoyment of mid season wins. Only flags are to be celebrated for the next 3 years. Anything other than a win and you better be in damn despair with/ without tears.

You have my vote

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:04 pm 
Geoff Southby

jim wrote:
Adam Chatfield wrote:
Walsh wrote:
jim wrote:
mymanmurph wrote:

While we argue coaching merits at this club we're on the wrong track.

If Teague coached Port and Hinkley Carlton I bet Hinkley we'd be saying that Teague was alot better coach. Once side has a culture, the other doesn't. Can't coach bad culture. Hinkley would have been long sacked by now here. Imagine if Clarko came to us in 2013 when Mick did. Rather than an all-time great 4 time premiership coach his reputation would be in tatters.

Sometimes it depends on your environment.

I agree really, as our coaches this century have shown changing makes FA difference with the board we have.

So sad to say we are stuffed, until they’re gone.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:05 pm 
Banned

You guys need to get realistic in terms of quality it was a top four side v VFL quality team

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:13 pm 
Craig Bradley

Walsh wrote:
You guys need to get realistic in terms of quality it was a top four side v VFL quality team

Us get realistic? “The ironing is delicious…”

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:15 pm 
Geoff Southby

Walsh wrote:

I don’t really hold today against Teague, but he isn’t blameless up to this point.

In saying that I think a proper well run club would back him in and give him proper support in the football department.

I don’t think we are though and we will most likely throw the world at Clarko and then let him have too much power and we will be here again in 2024-25.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:41 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:44 pm 
Laurie Kerr

azzablue wrote:
Bluetears wrote:
Waterman wrote:
So who is going to put there hand up now to coach us next year? Somebody , Anybody , is there someone out there .

I'll do it for 60k p/a.

I pledge that betts (wants to play on next year) and docherty will be gone.
I will use a phone to make changes during a match. I will throw temper tantrums for shit performances so ferocious, the players will be scared to lose. No enjoyment of mid season wins. Only flags are to be celebrated for the next 3 years. Anything other than a win and you better be in damn despair with/ without tears.

You have my vote

Thanks guys. Seems like i have as much support as having no coach, but still more than for teague. Haha!

Oh i forgot to mention, i would require to wear a balaclava and be an anonymous coach, due to some reasons. :sly:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:03 pm 
Bruce Doull

Was Saad actually injured? or was he just.....sad

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:07 pm 
Ken Hunter

CK95 wrote:
Was Saad actually injured? or was he just.....sad

I didn't remember him being injured.
He had just had a free paid against him before he went to the bench.
It looked like he was crying. I think we all felt like crying.
Hope he is okay.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:13 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I think maybe it had just dawned on him that staying on at the most morally and ethically corrupt sporting team in the entire world may not have been the worst option available to him this time last year.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:17 pm 
Bruce Doull

At least he's hurting I guess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:19 pm 
Harry Vallence

CK95 wrote:
At least he's hurting I guess

Saad’s GAF factor has never been in question. A big group of smiling spuds behind him in the firing line though

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next