Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:42 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:05 am 
Harry Vallence

Walsh wrote:
jim wrote:
mymanmurph wrote:
Feel sorry for Murph he deserved a better effort than that last 2.5 quarters from the team.
Game passed him 18 months ago but deserves to be in the list of all time games at Carlton. He gave his all for a long time in some VFL standard teams let’s be honest. Hat off to him not sure I would have hung around so long.
Gotta feel for Teague too not many coaches last after that sort of defeat especially at Carlton

That was a Bolton/Paganesque defeat that happened many times. Under Teague, until today, we had suffered anything close to that, always competitive on the scoreboard. Just shows the players have given up on Teague, as they have with our other coaches. My worry, after 20 years of this rubbish, is will be be able to attract a coach. They would know there is every chance their reputation would be left in total tatters with no chance then of another senior job.

Unless we fix player culture and their lack of motivation and will to succeed then the club is fk'ed for years. I got lucky to see 8 flags but it must kill younger supporters.

Yep team culture takes years to build it doesn't take 1-2 years as some wish. If you want long term sustained success they you need one coach to instil it. Be patient back them in to get the players he wants to play the brand he wants. Is the only way. Hinkley has been at Port for 10 years and hasnt won a flag.

Clarkson and Lyon are too old to do that.

clarkson is only 53. he is far from past it. you and facts dont really go hand in hand do you?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:07 am 
Harry Vallence

Walsh wrote:
Juddy&theKruezers wrote:
Comparing our coach to Klopp … Lol Walsh …

Why not?

Brandon Rodgers played the kids.... didnt get the results and got sacked

Jurgen Klopp took him four years to build a team

yet you said it takes 10 yeard to build a culture, which is why clarkson and lyon are past it.

which one is it?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:09 am 
Harry Vallence

Walsh wrote:
Juddy&theKruezers wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Juddy&theKruezers wrote:

Why not?

Dude stop please … lol :lol:

Teague and Klopp even look the same same age.

So does Rodgers and Bolton.

I can see it all happening.

klopps older than clarkson, so he was older than teague when he took over his club

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:47 am 
Harry Vallence

Walsh wrote:
Adam Chatfield wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Juddy&theKruezers wrote:

Why not?

You get worse, Rodgers nearly won the league with Liverpool, before regressing and getting sacked.

Arteta and Teague is a better analogy, neither have done anything any neither any guarantee to do so.

Rodgers got sacked because he wasn't good enough and it took Klopp years (8 transfer windows) to build the team he wants.

I know you blokes are hurting after todays loss - but seriously this is just aimless nonsense.

then quit posting the same old crap

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:14 am 
Harry Vallence

Adam Chatfield wrote:
Walsh wrote:
You guys need to get realistic in terms of quality it was a top four side v VFL quality team

I don’t really hold today against Teague, but he isn’t blameless up to this point.

In saying that I think a proper well run club would back him in and give him proper support in the football department.

I don’t think we are though and we will most likely throw the world at Clarko and then let him have too much power and we will be here again in 2024-25.

spot on adam, spot on

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:21 am 
Ken Hunter

kezza wrote:
CK95 wrote:
Was Saad actually injured? or was he just.....sad

I didn't remember him being injured.
He had just had a free paid against him before he went to the bench.
It looked like he was crying. I think we all felt like crying.
Hope he is okay.

Apparently there is vision of him being wacked across the head late in the game. He retaliated and was paid a free against him.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:11 am 
Wayne Johnston

cortez wrote:
Debt free, loyal following, large membership. All big positives when trying to establish a club in Tassie. I can just see Gil rubbing his hands together at the prospect. That leaves PP as the home of the AFLW without having to worry about that pesky AFL team there cluttering up the place too. Draft concessions, an academy with first choice of Tasmanian players, I'm getting dizzy thinking about it. It will be the making of a proud new dynasty for the mighty Tassie Blues! Tasmania is now going ahead in leaps and bounds, our future there would be one of packed grounds every week and riches and premierships beyond our wildest dreams.

Get real, if Carlton relocate to Tasmania the AFL will take all concessions off the able “because Carlton is such a strong and well established club”. They’ll then give first pick on any Tasmanian talent to Gold Coast and north to make them more competitive.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:13 am 
Wayne Johnston

kezza wrote:
kezza wrote:
CK95 wrote:

Hope he is okay.

Apparently there is vision of him being wacked across the head late in the game. He retaliated and was paid a free against him.

Remember the umpire also accused him of dangerously tackling a player as well.

What was done to Saad makes the Rozee free for a minuscule touch after disposing the ball a joke.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:51 am 
Geoff Southby

sinbagger wrote:
kezza wrote:
kezza wrote:
CK95 wrote:

Hope he is okay.

Remember the umpire also accused him of dangerously tackling a player as well.

What was done to Saad makes the Rozee free for a minuscule touch after disposing the ball a joke.

Yeah , treatment of Adam was disgusting . Everything went against him for the whole game . The exasperation of it all got him in the end . Get around him boys .

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:27 pm 
Rod Ashman

Walsh wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Klopp still had his best players on the park and by that time (7 years) built a team culture... it only took him five years to get there with Liverpool

Apologies to the rest of the forum but I can't let this comedy magic die.

Klopp took over about 1/3rd of the way through the 15/16 season which,by the Walsh methodology, doesn't count.

In 16/17,his first full season, he took Liverpool to the Europa League final and qualification for the Champions League, which the team had managed just once in the previous 8 seasons. I won't mention CL qualification again because he's managed it every season, it is basically taken for granted now.

In 17/18 he took them to the CL final, where they lost after Madrid busted their star player's shouler and the Liverpool keeper made two historic howlers after a blow to the head.

In 18/19 he won the CL, the highest club honour in European (or world) football. His third full season. Also got 97 points in the league, the third highest total in history, but by a freak bout of bad luck, the 2nd highest total occurred in the same season.

In 19/20 he won the Euro Super League and World Club Championship (both invitations extended to CL winners only), but that was a mere footnote to Liverpool's first English top flight title in 30 years. And they didn't just win it, they set standards that were unthinkable. When the world went into lockdown, Liverpool's record was an astonishing 26 wins, 1 loss and 1 draw. They clinched the title with 8 games to spare, an all-time record.

All that in his first 4 full seasons. But yeah, make it 5 or 7 or whatever. His accomplishments in every single season dwarf anything Teague has even shown glimpses of. I've defended Teague on many occasions, but bringing Klopp into this was, shall we say, a gargantuan leap on your part, and I ain't having it.

I wouldn’t bother replying to this one Walshy. Know when you’re beat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4 or 5 seasons whatever? It still takes a long time.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:29 pm 
Geoff Southby

Anyhow , Durdin and Kemp got a go and showed something . Thats a plus .

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:29 pm 
Robert Walls

Nice of the Boys to give Murphy a final game like so many of those he played in over the course of his career.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:30 pm 
Harry Vallence

Mickstar wrote:
Anyhow , Durdin and Kemp got a go and showed something . Thats a plus .

That’s the one plus , and durdin and honey connection was great

Was honeys 2nd goal dusty like in the gf last year just before half time

How quick was that hand to foot ..

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:38 pm 
Bert Deacon

board ,culture, for me it is players in side are notv good enough until we replace mr plowman ,newnes etc etc does not matter who coaches

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:38 pm 
Craig Bradley

Cons:

19 goals in a row to the opposition. Teague's inability to stop the opposition plummeted to new depths.
Inaccuracy. Charlie was particularly guilty.
Pressure dropped away pretty quickly.
Easy centre clearances to the opposition.
The umpiring was diabolical. Some very, very cheap goals to Port. Seemed to be diametrically opposed adjudication in the marking contests. Port players regularly pushed players in the back or made front on contact, and were never penalised. But then received the same frees that our players weren't.
Murphy finished like he's been playing for 18 months. Timid. His disposal was pretty awful too.

Pros:

Pressure for the first 45 minutes.
Won the tackle count for one of the few times this year.
Walsh, Kennedy and Weitering.
Fisher's 1st half.
Honey shows enough.
McGovern can play.
Thought Saad and Williamson were decent.
Durdin showed more than he has at VFL level.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:25 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Stefchook wrote:
The umpiring was diabolical. Some very, very cheap goals to Port. Seemed to be diametrically opposed adjudication in the marking contests. Port players regularly pushed players in the back or made front on contact, and were never penalised. But then received the same frees that our players weren't.

The hands in the back rule is a farce. I don't mind most of the rule changes but Hocking is a total [REDACTED] for reversing this one. At least when the hands in the back was penalised, the rule was clear. Now it comes down to the interpretation and how the individual umpire feels on the day.
Shitful administration.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:39 pm 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:
Stefchook wrote:

The hands in the back rule is a farce. I don't mind most of the rule changes but Hocking is a total [REDACTED] for reversing this one. At least when the hands in the back was penalised, the rule was clear. Now it comes down to the interpretation and how the individual umpire feels on the day.
Shitful administration.

A worse rule is the stand on the mark rule. Totally ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:44 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Well it didn't end up being a turning point exclusively as we were just shit, but the 'dangerous tackle' really was the start of the malaise.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:59 pm 
Garry Crane

bluehammer wrote:
Well it didn't end up being a turning point exclusively as we were just shit, but the 'dangerous tackle' really was the start of the malaise.

Then there was Alir wrapping up Curnow as they tumbled over the boundary line. Free to Alir for holding the ball?!? WTF? Charlie took possession a nano second before momentum carried them both over. The commentators said NOTHING.
Watching scum v GC today and exact, EXACT same scenario - throw in, correct decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:05 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

There is no doubt we were stitched up by the umpires who really enjoyed the additional rogering they gave us - but wouldn’t have changed the result, maybe just the percentage

:wink:

Winston Churchill

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next