Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:59 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:37 pm 
Rod Ashman

I hope we get the 2am Wednesday timeslot.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:54 pm 
Ken Hunter

muzza wrote:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:58 pm 
Bruce Doull

So will Essendon* have to barrack for us in this match? I might follow bomberblitz on the day if that's the case :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:00 pm 
Ken Hunter

CK95 wrote:
So will Essendon** have to barrack for us in this match? I might follow bomberblitz on the day if that's the case :lol:

:lol:

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:02 pm 
Bruce Doull

Won’t make any difference unfortunately.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:05 pm 
Ken Hunter

muzza wrote:

Providing we get to start at midnight.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:34 am 
Geoff Southby

Mumford must be having a piece of himself over the party he will have next week. At worst he will be up against a raw De Koning and a busted up Casboult. Might need to rate this game R due to the graphic content that will be on display.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:37 am 
Banned

The melts and saltiness will be priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:40 am 
Bruce Doull

Walsh wrote:

From you, when Teague is given the boot in the coming days? @#$%&! yeah.

I'll take no pleasure in the sakcing, but I expect your response to be glorious.

Seriously, you do yourself absolutely no favours.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:41 am 
Stephen Kernahan

It depends how klopp performs

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:42 am 
Banned

Donstuie wrote:
Walsh wrote:

From you, when Teague is given the boot? @#$%&! yeah.

I have no reason to stop thinking he is the right coach to take us forward despite yesterdays result.

If he gets sacked , so be it. We will just be back to square one again and next time could be alot worse.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:44 am 
Banned

bluehammer wrote:
It depends how klopp performs

Parallels are there.

Except Teague managed his first team some 10 years earlier than Klopp.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:01 am 
Wayne Johnston

Walsh wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Walsh wrote:

I have no reason to stop thinking he is the right coach to take us forward despite yesterdays result.

If he gets sacked , so be it. We will just be back to square one again and next time could be alot worse.

Lol, you think we ever got past square one?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:02 am 
Wayne Johnston

How will be able to replace Murphy this match?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:03 am 
Harry Vallence

Extension lockdown coming and I need my Murphy fix !!

What am i to do ...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:04 am 
Banned

sinbagger wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Yes I do - we havent seen bottom four for awhile and thats without a midfield. So for me, that's a tick.

Expecting to play finals with this midfield is kinda hilarious.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:17 am 
Geoff Southby

Walsh wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Yes I do - we havent seen bottom four for awhile and thats without a midfield. So for me, that's a tick.

No shit Walshy . Plenty here have been sayin " that for five years plus . It aint fresh news Walsh . Chasin " HBFlankers expectin " " em to be midfielders overnight is wishful thinkin ". so , i agree with you on that point .Took a while for you to cotton on pal .

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:18 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Walsh wrote:

That’s one of the few things you’ve contributed that I agree with but it doesn’t excuse the fact that Teague’s game day coaching and lack of ideas when the flow is going against us shows no sign of improving and in fact is getting worse and clearly becoming demoralising for the team.

Like BV stated earlier (might have been another thread) the capacity of a coach to impact a match on game day is often overrated (I’m paraphrasing), but there are certain things that are definitely not working and Teague has done nothing to try to fix them. Why not play possession football for a while when the other side gets a run on? Or change the mix in the centre to unsettle the opposition match ups? They’re basic things that work at all levels of football and we’re probably the only team in the entire country that doesn’t do them.

That’s why I think it’s time for him to go.

No flexibility.

No learning from what’s not working.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:29 am 
Geoff Southby

GWS wrote:
Walsh wrote:

That’s one of the few things you’ve contributed that I agree with but it doesn’t excuse the fact that Teague’s game day coaching and lack of ideas when the flow is going against us shows no sign of improving and in fact is getting worse and clearly becoming demoralising for the team.

Like BV stated earlier (might have been another thread) the capacity of a coach to impact a match on game day is often overrated (I’m paraphrasing), but there are certain things that are definitely not working and Teague has done nothing to try to fix them. Why not play possession football for a while when the other side gets a run on? Or change the mix in the centre to unsettle the opposition match ups? They’re basic things that work at all levels of football and we’re probably the only team in the entire country that doesn’t do them.

Yeah , Walshy got that right . Finally cottoned on to what most of us have been saying for yonks . Gotta try something , anything . Nah , same old . Having faith in your players is good , but it became blind faith that is gonna cost him his job .

No flexibility.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:31 am 
Banned

GWS wrote:
Walsh wrote:

No flexibility.

Despite the backhander compliment which is kind of pathetic.

It's hard for us to judge exactly what is going on in the coaches box and on the training track.

We don't know whether players are following instructions or good enough to follow game plan. For sure Teague can put 18 players behind the ball but that's not his style - players need to play to the lists strengths. i.e., excellent one on one players in defence and excellent key marking forwards. These guys are being let down by poor quality in the midfield.

One thing is for certain - for Teague to succeed he needs his type of player to play his brand. Williams and Saad is an example

All coaches have done it - Teague shouldn't be any different to get the players he needs.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next