Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:56 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:20 am 
Bruce Doull

I agree Heavs, 80k on the back of 2020 just seemed laughable to me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:09 pm 
Harry Vallence

Gold Coast have now claimed 2 Carlton coaches , after a loss

Ratts and Teague

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:14 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

frank dardew wrote:
Surrey when you have Walsh supporting you you know you are on the wrong side of the argument

We would not have a football club without collo -Did he do everything right no
Did he save the Carlton football club after Elliott killed it yes he did and I for one are very grateful if he wasn’t president then we would have gone under
Others at the time we’re going to throw in the keys to the AFL Collo was the main person with the force of personality stood firm and we survived

And before you say that is myth I know this first hand

True

They were going to hand the keys over to the AFL.

Collo stood up and took the reigns and work through it. hats off.

Duplicitous is how he is viewed when he trusted the AFL with the info and signed the Docklands deal and end of Princes Park as our home ground...for money we needed.

Awful situation.

But I believe it was bluffing that we would hand over the keys...not with Pratt and Mathieson in the background. Its just a hunch.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:17 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Walsh wrote:
Bahhh.. so many lambs.

Collo was CEO of Docklands and President of Carlton.

Attendance breakeven at Docklands was 33k and breakeven at MCG was 25k..... yet he took us on a long highway to double down on debt to appease his agenda and quotas as CEO of Docklands.

That's the part that hurts.

But by going to Docklands there was an interest free loan attached, which we paid off this year. MCG didn't give us that sort of incentive.

Anyway, Princes Park was run down and couldn't fit more than 28,000.

Would have preferred MCG to watch our losses :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:31 pm 
Craig Bradley

Just so there is no revisionist history here the club wanted to play all its home games at the MCG and approached the MCG the AFL made clear that it didn’t matter if the club did a deal with the MCG they would fixture them at Etihad in any case
They also were clinically dependant on the AFL financially so we had absolutely no room to move

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:35 pm 
Geoff Southby

frank dardew wrote:
Just so there is no revisionist history here the club wanted to play all its home games at the MCG and approached the MCG the AFL made clear that it didn’t matter if the club did a deal with the MCG they would fixture them at Etihad in any case
They also were clinically dependant on the AFL financially so we had absolutely no room to move

Yeah , baggin " Collo . What a joke . He was in a fight with his hands tied behind his back . Half a loaf of bread is better than no loaf of bread .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:30 pm 
Ken Hunter

Collo is a very smart man.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:09 am 
Geoff Southby

SurreyBlue wrote:
Collo is a very smart man.

Extremely

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:20 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

frank dardew wrote:

I thought they said they would withdraw the interest free loan if we decided on MCG over.

I can't recall the fixturing threat. Was that the case? If so, the AFL would be at loggerheads with the MCG Trust. I can't see that working well for either party.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:22 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mickstar wrote:
frank dardew wrote:

Yeah , baggin " Collo . What a joke . He was in a fight with his hands tied behind his back . Half a loaf of bread is better than no loaf of bread .

Would have handed over the keys if he didnt receive the AFL lifeline.

AFL stitched us up. Penalised us to the extent we couldn't pay up. End of story.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:27 pm 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
frank dardew wrote:

AFL stitched us up. Penalised us to the extent we couldn't pay up. End of story.

Yep ! yep to Frankie , and yep to Bondi .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:03 pm 
Robert Walls

Walsh wrote:
Bahhh.. so many lambs.

Collo was CEO of Docklands and President of Carlton.

Attendance breakeven at Docklands was 33k and breakeven at MCG was 25k..... yet he took us on a long highway to double down on debt to appease his agenda and quotas as CEO of Docklands.

Scum of a man.

What a load of bollocks. It was unbelievable that so many Carlton people were still supporting the drunkard ex President. A preview of Trumpism to come.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:08 pm 
Robert Walls

Mil Hanna wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Its been a very productive year - hopefully the club has finally realised where our weaknesses are and finally do something about it.

The season hasn't finished yet.

But with Port and GWS left to play, I don't think we will win anymore games. Both of those teams really want to play finals and don't fear them.

I really haven't enjoyed this year. I feel we have gone backwards TBH

2020 we lost games we led by a lot during the first half, or fought back in the last

2019 we lost 4 games by less than a goal and 3 games less than 2 goals, and we showed a lot of promise.

IMO we started to look like a destination club by the end of 2019, and by the end of last year, we felt we needed to add some speed and did.

This year was promising, but we still haven't won more than 2 in a row, and our efforts in too many games has been questionable.

I have more questions about our coach and our list, and therefore our shor term future than previous 2 years.

Nah, this year had all the promise in the world, only for those promises to be broken.

Yesterday we had our best team in for the year, with only 5 of our best 22 out injured, like other teams: Marchbank, Docherty, Williams Cuningham and Pittonet.

We lost to a team that got smashed by more than 100 points last week, with younger kids than us on every line.

How does the club know what our weaknesses are? We haven't improved on last year...oh you mean the Review? I get it. Yes, thank goodness for that, we need to know more and do something about our predicament. We are in an awful state. A laughing stock. Insignificant. An easy target.

This post is absolutely spot on Bondi. It really resonates with me - especially coming from a supporter who always sees it as a glass half full.

Apart from Walsh, McKay, Weitering and Stocker having brilliant years, I can't really think of anything that has given me confidence or made me excited about the future of this club.

We are mentally weak, inept, poorly coached and a complete and utter laughing stock of the competition. We are at rock bottom when we should be making our charge towards No. 17. Sad state of affairs indeed.

I am still hopeful that a decent coach can get something from Dow ... he has shown glimpses, but if you are the style of players who needs a bit of team mate support to show your stuff, why would you bother busting your gut when some high priced imports, and a former skipper, are not?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:14 pm 
Robert Walls

Mickstar wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
frank dardew wrote:

Yep ! yep to Frankie , and yep to Bondi .

Yep ! to you too, Mickstar.

And thanks to Swan McKay as well, specially when the drunken pig bagged him re '72 GF.

Last edited by Headplant on Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:17 pm 
Craig Bradley

Good to hear from you Heady and agree met Swan McKay in the city many moons ago to sign the petition to get meeting up to get rid of Black Jack
Was part of Collos ticket

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:22 pm 
Robert Walls

frank dardew wrote:
Good to hear from you Heady and agree met Swan McKay in the city many moons ago to sign the petition to get meeting up to get rid of Black Jack

Yes Frank, we remember those days, and still in the doldrums after 20 years. So sad after rising to be the best Club brand in Australia, when the Heatley stand used to rock and Percy used to almost blush in the goalsquare.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:45 pm 
Ken Hunter

frank dardew wrote:

Funny, so did I. We all make mistakes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:34 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Stewie Dew clearly has GCS humming....

Makes the tripe we're serving up even more galling

Oh dear...

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:46 pm 
Geoff Southby

billc3 wrote:

Oh dear...

Go Blues

Coppin " a floggin ' from the Bombers today . Currently looking like Little Leaguers .............shit it changes so quick .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:17 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Mickstar wrote:
billc3 wrote:

Oh dear...

Go Blues

Coppin " a floggin ' from the Bombers today . Currently looking like Little Leaguers .............shit it changes so quick .
Didn't change... We played worse than little leaguers :thumbsup:

Go Blues

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next