Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:32 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:55 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
I think I'd prefer we went with the smaller ruck option again

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

I like having an option, although Zac Smith isn't that damaging, and Jack could beat him.

Its great what Jack brings around the midfield group.

Wouldn't mind too much to see Jack ruck this week, but definitely not against Port.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:47 pm 
Ken Hunter

Love what SoS produced last week but we are being totally unrealistic expecting SoS to ruck a full game against Smith. He was completely spent and not only that, but have you thought about who would ruck if god help us anything happened to him?
That’s just crazy talk.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:48 pm 
Ken Hunter

jake_h03 wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Hopefully CAS gets up if TDK doesn’t.

Would rather play Betts in the ruck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for your input.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:34 am 
Bruce Doull

Surrey I would bring in McGovern this week to share the ruck & half forward with JSOS, if TDK doesn't come up.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:46 am 
Rod Ashman

SurreyBlue wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Hopefully CAS gets up if TDK doesn’t.

Would rather play Betts in the ruck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for your input.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:00 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

SurreyBlue wrote:
Love what SoS produced last week but we are being totally unrealistic expecting SoS to ruck a full game against Smith. He was completely spent and not only that, but have you thought about who would ruck if god help us anything happened to him?
That’s just crazy talk.

It has only been considered because all the ruckmen are out injured, and the developing ruckman we used got injured after only one quarter.

The cupboard is bare.

Who would ruck if SOS got injured and TDK doesn't get up?

Cripps

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:27 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
That’s just crazy talk.

It has only been considered because all the ruckmen are out injured, and the developing ruckman we used got injured after only one quarter.

The cupboard is bare.

Cripps

Jones is a possibility

But god help us if we get to that point

The way Phillips rucked in the VFL last week, I do wonder why we traded him

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:36 pm 
Bruce Doull

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/99060 ... kNx9Aar6G0

Quote:
After returning from a long layoff due to injury, Mitch McGovern was put to the test as he seemingly played every position possible. Starting off strongly in the forward line by kicking the first goal of the game, McGovern was also pinch-hitting in the ruck and able to neutralise the contest, despite being significantly undersized. His competitiveness was rewarded with a free kick in the third term which gave him his second goal for the day. When the Blues were kicking into the breeze, McGovern often swapped with Toby Wooller in being stationed behind the ball, where he continued to be involved by taking several intercept marks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:40 pm 
Wayne Johnston

bondiblue wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
That’s just crazy talk.

The cupboard is bare.

Cripps

Cripps has been a failure pinch hitting in the ruck, he can’t jump at centre bounces, he’s not strong to wrestle with the other ruckman (although he tries and fails) and he’s not agile enough to dominate them like JSOS did around the ground.

Jones or McGovern would be much better options.

Even Casboult or McDonald if they come up ok.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:08 pm 
Rod Ashman

CK95 wrote:
Surrey I would bring in McGovern this week to share the ruck & half forward with JSOS, if TDK doesn't come up.

I think so to. Hopefully TDK can play.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:48 pm 
formerly King Kenny

killpies wrote:
CK95 wrote:
I hope they don’t sack Dow mid week

I think you'll find it's pronounced SAKC

Tipping SAKC will be back in vogue soon.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:53 pm 
Bob Chitty

just flower win

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:31 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

sinbagger wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
That’s just crazy talk.

The cupboard is bare.

Cripps

Cripps has been a failure pinch hitting in the ruck, he can’t jump at centre bounces, he’s not strong to wrestle with the other ruckman (although he tries and fails) and he’s not agile enough to dominate them like JSOS did around the ground.

I'm not sure if there's a right and wrong answer.

Conundrum.

You were asking who would ruck if SOS didn't/got hurt.
You can't pick Casboult or McDonald.

I can't believe Gov as being stronger than Cripps.
I know what you've seen with Cripps to give you that idea, but he's carrying injury no doubt.
I'd accept Gov too.

Like I said, there's no right or wrong, its a conundrum. Damn if you do or don't.

Who wouldve said SOS could do a good job? No one. He got thrashed in the ruck. Its on the ground level he did the damage as the extra mid. Ditto Cripps imo.
Gov looks leaner and hopefully more mobile than recent times.

Jones vs Gold Coast probably could work, but I'm usually against robbing Peter to pay Paul.

I don't think the game will be won or lost in the ruck this week. If Witts was playing, well.....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:53 am 
Rod Ashman

If TDK is out, I might bring in McGovern but mainly so he can play in defence and put Jones in the ruck.
However, I would also continue to play JSOS in the middle. I sense he could become our Jobe Watson and the bullocking mid we’ve been looking for to support Cripps.
(Certainly over pre season, I’d get him ready for that role next year.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:56 am 
Stephen Kernahan

17th Premiership wrote:
I sense he could become our Jobe Watson and the bullocking mid we’ve been looking for to support Cripps.
(Certainly over pre season, I’d get him ready for that role next year.)

I’ll get the nurse.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:37 am 
Wayne Johnston

bondiblue wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
That’s just crazy talk.

The cupboard is bare.

Cripps

Conundrum.

I know what you've seen with Cripps to give you that idea, but he's carrying injury no doubt.
I'd accept Gov too.

Like I said, there's no right or wrong, its a conundrum. Damn if you do or don't.

Who wouldve said SOS could do a good job? No one. He got thrashed in the ruck. Its on the ground level he did the damage as the extra mid. Ditto Cripps imo.

Jones vs Gold Coast probably could work, but I'm usually against robbing Peter to pay Paul.

I don't think the game will be won or lost in the ruck this week. If Witts was playing, well.....

Ok, if TDK doesn’t get up then Casboult, MacDonald and Guv are in the mix (haven’t seen anything official but Casboult and MacDonald must be close to returning).

If JSOS is injured during the match while playing as second ruck then Kennedy is probably the best option to pinch hit around the ground while Jones would take ruck deep in the defence and Harry deep in the fwd line. Kennedy can jump at least and is more mobile than Cripps.

Cripps 2019 would be a good option, Cripps 2021 is not.

I chose Guv over Cripps as he’s more mobile and can jump.

Leave Cripps to concentrate on inside bollocking work, let’s not ask anything more of him right now, he needs to learn to play his role.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:47 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

sinbagger wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
That’s just crazy talk.

The cupboard is bare.

Cripps

Conundrum.

I'd accept Gov too.

Ok, if TDK doesn’t get up then Casboult, MacDonald and Guv are in the mix (haven’t seen anything official but Casboult and MacDonald must be close to returning).

If JSOS is injured during the match while playing as second ruck then Kennedy is probably the best option to pinch hit around the ground while Jones would take ruck deep in the defence and Harry deep in the fwd line. Kennedy can jump at least and is more mobile than Cripps.

Leave Cripps to concentrate on inside bollocking work, let’s not ask anything more of him right now, he needs to learn to play his role.

Casboult and McDonald listed as one more week.

TDK and Betts likely to play, and Gov got through unscathed.

I think Cripps round 20 was different from Cripps round 19.
I too would like to see Cripps continue with the same vigour and role he played last week.

When we talk about 190cm Gov and Kennedy for the ruck we really are scaping the bottom of the barrel (Grigg like).

Bottom line for us last week with Jack in the ruck, is our mids stood up and Jacks clearances helped square the clearance ledger.

Semantics.

Thank good ness TDK looks likely, and Jack was seen as a clearance player last week...food for thought. Always loved the idea of Jack in the midfield after tagging Fyfe which he set himself up to do with a great preseason reinventing himself.

I still have Jack ahead of Gov as the 3rd tall until Gov shows something more than he did in his highlights reel of last week's VFL game, let alone the embarrassing performances before this latest injury.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:34 pm 
Wayne Johnston

bondiblue wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
[quote="SurreyBlue"]Love what SoS produced last week but we are being totally unrealistic expecting SoS to ruck a full game against Smith. He was completely spent and not only that, but have you thought about who would ruck if god help us anything happened to him?
That’s just crazy talk.

The cupboard is bare.

Cripps

Conundrum.

I'd accept Gov too.

Casboult and McDonald listed as one more week.

TDK and Betts likely to play, and Gov got through unscathed.

I think Cripps round 20 was different from Cripps round 19.
I too would like to see Cripps continue with the same vigour and role he played last week.

When we talk about 190cm Gov and Kennedy for the ruck we really are scaping the bottom of the barrel (Grigg like).

Bottom line for us last week with Jack in the ruck, is our mids stood up and Jacks clearances helped square the clearance ledger.

Semantics.

Thank good ness TDK looks likely, and Jack was seen as a clearance player last week...food for thought. Always loved the idea of Jack in the midfield after tagging Fyfe which he set himself up to do with a great preseason reinventing himself.

I still have Jack ahead of Gov as the 3rd tall until Gov shows something more than he did in his highlights reel of last week's VFL game, let alone the embarrassing performances before this latest injury.[/quote]

I’d have JSOS ahead of Guv too, but I can’t help thinking if Guv was allowed to run around in the ruck and get off the leash he’d be pretty good, like Casboult seemed to often thrive from being let off the leash for a run in the ruck.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:53 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I'm a fan of Kennedy but he was useless in the ruck. Too short. At least Jack competed and got his hands to a few.
Jack and McGovern for me if TDK doesn't come up. Kennedy is playing well as a mid. His defensive work is very good so let him continue where he is flourishing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:20 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Could we look to play Jones in the ruck (as the main ruck) with JSOS as the backup? Then play McNuggets in defence?

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next