Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:20 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:31 am 
Banned

sticksaftersiren87 wrote:
Cripps did have 22 possies 5 clearances and 3 goals. I get he has deficiencies, and he’s no Bont or Petracca, but that’s not a bad game.

Crippa was averaging 7 tackles - 9 clearances per game one point.

I think coaches structured things differently and likely directed to bring players into the play more. By laying off hand balls because in the past he used to win contested possession and put boot on ball in congestion and win clearance. Now he looks to handball instead.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:36 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

lucablue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
azzablue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Really robbed Kennedy from the midfield to spend more time as a forward.

He is a good forward.

I liked last weeks main midfield group Kennedy, Walsh, Dow.

Crippa will start Centre no doubt. He has to play a hard contested game and win contested ball.
Then give it off quickly to Dow or Walsh.

Against NM they won CC 22-9

DeKoning vs Marshall and Ryder. Poor bastard. Can bet the young skinny fella wont stop trying.

He's had to face OBrien, Darcy, Blicav, Grundy, Goldstein and this week 2 big boys.

Cripps has to ruck too. Jack will be eaten alive by Ryder.

This is all about learning for tdk and jsos , we aren’t playing for anyting except rd 23

So cripps doesn’t Ruck at all , that’s all we need to see , cripps going down

Wake up ,

Cripps is not a protected species. He is bigger and stronger than Jsos.

If he's playing injured, he shouldn't be playing.

Wake up and stop the excuses.
Cripps job is as the bull doing the tough stuff. He lacks finnesse. Has no left foot.
he made his reputation for clearances. Use to get 20 a game. hard ball gets, not soft ball gets.

Conditional commitment is an issue with our leaders. I don't want conditional players.
I want tough players like Cunington was towards Cripps when they contested.
Cunington brushed Cripps aside with what seemed to me with ease. My eyes popped.
Happened last week in a marking contest against Pies, Cripps against a smaller player.

Swans captain Kennedy has played 270 games over 13 years and he's still truckin'.
Plays the hardest role in the team doing the heavy lifting. When its his turn to ruck, he does it.
Swans haven't protected him. He, like the rest of the Swans are prepared to play a physical collission game week in week out.

No wonder we are soft as candy. It starts from the top. He's a captain and he has to lead the charge when its his turn.
Harden the @#$%&! up.

Cripps got brushed aside last week against a smaller Collingwood player? Really? You sure about that?

Yep. 100%. It happened. Did you watch the game?

Commentators mentioned how he was moved too easy. Basically, Cripps wasn't paying enough respect/ attention to the Pies player and the last second he bumped Crippa and took the mark. He was a good player ... player escapes me now.

I love Cripps, well the Cripps from circa 2019. His contested ball work is below his standards the last 2 years, and I'm sure everyone has noticed. Just have a look at the stats and see how many other mids, including 20yo Walsh have gone past him. It is obvious, and obvious why.

He can get back to his best, if he plays the midfield role we were accustomed to. Then others around him can play their roles.

This year there has been no midfield stability. The group chops and changes in an attempt to blood new plays, develop and find the right mix. Playing Cripps injured, then Cripps trying to take on the opposition 80% fit...man that's crazy stuff. I don't believe the coaches are encouraging him to be an outside receiver, and if they are, get rid of them. If its cripps' decision, whose running this show?

I'm sure good things will come from this Review and these awfully selfish experiences.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:39 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

sticksaftersiren87 wrote:
Cripps did have 22 possies 5 clearances and 3 goals. I get he has deficiencies, and he’s no Bont or Petracca, but that’s not a bad game.

It looks good with the 3 goals.

Disposal efficiency?

Rob Peter to pay Paul.

Whilst he's running around collecting handballs in the midfield and kicking a couple of goals whose winning the contested ball?

Its not just this week. Usually he doesn't kick the goals. The midfield group, led by Cripps, is a shambles.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:40 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
lucablue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
azzablue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

He is a good forward.

Crippa will start Centre no doubt. He has to play a hard contested game and win contested ball.

DeKoning vs Marshall and Ryder. Poor bastard. Can bet the young skinny fella wont stop trying.

He's had to face OBrien, Darcy, Blicav, Grundy, Goldstein and this week 2 big boys.

This is all about learning for tdk and jsos , we aren’t playing for anyting except rd 23

Wake up ,

Cripps job is as the bull doing the tough stuff. He lacks finnesse. Has no left foot.
he made his reputation for clearances. Use to get 20 a game. hard ball gets, not soft ball gets.

Conditional commitment is an issue with our leaders. I don't want conditional players.
Cunington brushed Cripps aside with what seemed to me with ease. My eyes popped.
Happened last week in a marking contest against Pies, Cripps against a smaller player.

Swans captain Kennedy has played 270 games over 13 years and he's still truckin'.
Plays the hardest role in the team doing the heavy lifting. When its his turn to ruck, he does it.
Swans haven't protected him. He, like the rest of the Swans are prepared to play a physical collission game week in week out.

No wonder we are soft as candy. It starts from the top. He's a captain and he has to lead the charge when its his turn.
Harden the @#$%&! up.

Cripps got brushed aside last week against a smaller Collingwood player? Really? You sure about that?

It was the week before. He didn't play against the Pies.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:49 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:

It was the week before. He didn't play against the Pies.

Geelong? My bad. :oops:

Thanks for correcting.

I've been in lockdown watching a lot of the last month's games.

Point is, he's not playing with the aggression we are accustomed to, nor using his brute strength to wins contests or clear paths like he use to and can.

I hope he finds that power again. He must have misplaced his cape. I'm a fan, but unhappy with his last 2 seasons.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:12 am 
Bob Chitty

bondiblue wrote:
lucablue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
azzablue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

He is a good forward.

Wake up ,

Harden the @#$%&! up.

Commentators mentioned how he was moved too easy. Basically, Cripps wasn't paying enough respect/ attention to the Pies player and the last second he bumped Crippa and took the mark. He was a good player ... player escapes me now.

I love Cripps, well the Cripps from circa 2019. His contested ball work is below his standards the last 2 years, and I'm sure everyone has noticed. Just have a look at the stats and see how many other mids, including 20yo Walsh have gone past him. It is obvious, and obvious why.

He can get back to his best, if he plays the midfield role we were accustomed to. Then others around him can play their roles.

This year there has been no midfield stability. The group chops and changes in an attempt to blood new plays, develop and find the right mix. Playing Cripps injured, then Cripps trying to take on the opposition 80% fit...man that's crazy stuff. I don't believe the coaches are encouraging him to be an outside receiver, and if they are, get rid of them. If its cripps' decision, whose running this show?

I'm sure good things will come from this Review and these awfully selfish experiences.

I agree with you about Cripps

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:14 pm 
Craig Bradley

Not a bad game by Cripps but no forward craft whatsoever instead of leading in McKay wanted to outwrestle him exactly what McKay wanted
Got one of his goal finally be leading and getting separation
If he has to spend more time in forward line needs to get much more savvy with forward craft

A couple of matches when playing forward earlier kept flying against H who was our best chance at marking and to top it off brought the other opposition defender with him
I don’t want to see him wrestle with Howard or Wilkie on the weekend the instruction should be to lead and keep leading and ball carrier lower the eyes for the leading players
Bombing on top of Eddies head ridiculous also

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:21 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Has this game def been moved to Friday night? AFL site still has the cheats v swans game scheduled for Friday night and ours at 4.35pm on Sat.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:06 pm 
Bert Deacon

saints play like north ,quick ball movement from our fwd 50 to saints open forward line (king and palm tree man on the lead ).over to teague and co now

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:21 pm 
Banned

Coaches need something that resembles a game day structure - hopefully we get a couple of talls back this week.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:02 pm 
Craig Bradley

Looks like Friday night magnificent -well deserved after last week
Perhaps we could see how we go in the underperforming cup with both teams completely inconsistent both have a penchant for not turning up to quarters and whole games -both shockingly inaccurate and both disappoint supporters regularly

Channel 7 should pay both money as the ratings for the Olympics on Friday night should be almost the best ever bumper viewing audience look forward to the synchronised swimming :grin:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:06 pm 
Ken Hunter

Now we get a Friday night game LOL

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:18 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

17 on the injured list.

Williams and Betts definitely not playing. Harry an outside chance.

Have to raid our reserves stocks. Honey was injured last week. He wasn't on the injured list last week. FMD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:20 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Surely we can't carry all the following VFL players against StKilda:

Cottrell
Williamson
Owies
SPS
Murphy
Newman
Fisher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:27 pm 
Banned

bondiblue wrote:
Surely we can't carry all the following VFL players against StKilda:

Cottrell
Williamson
Owies
SPS
Murphy
Newman
Fisher

No we cannot. I can add at least another three to four to that list that are not up to standard.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:52 pm 
Robert Walls

Here's who we have to choose from:

Silvagni
Dow
Murphy
O'Brien
Petrevski-Seton
Kennedy
Fogarty
Cripps
De Koning
Stocker
Jones
Carroll
Kemp
Walsh
Plowman
Martin
Weitering
Newman
Fisher
Parks
Durdin
C. Curnow
Williamson
Newnes
Ramsay
E. Curnow
Saad
Owies
Cottrell

Honey - maybe
McKay - maybe

Last edited by bluechampion on Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:34 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Confirmed Fri night match

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:45 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluechampion wrote:

Silvagni
Dow
Murphy
O'Brien
Petrevski-Seton
Kennedy
Fogarty
Cripps
De Koning
Stocker
Jones
Carroll
Kemp
Walsh
Plowman
Martin
Weitering
Newman
Fisher
Parks
Durdin
C. Curnow
Williamson
Newnes
Ramsay
E. Curnow
Saad
E. Curnow
Owies
Cottrell

Honey - maybe
McKay - maybe

E.Curnow twice. I wish.

IMO we have 14 goers from the above list and that includes Charlie and 2 maybes.

WE are only as good as our bottom 6. I say try something new. Add some spunk. Add some enthusiasm. Add some desire, and FFS coaches, some creativity and adaptability and something that's not easy to get through.

Can we? Against Saints, who are in a bit of form? Doubt it.

I just want a good show, and something to give me hope for the future, from the abovementioned, even if Murphy is 23rd man.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:45 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Humpers wrote:
Confirmed Fri night match

Bewdie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:46 pm 
Harry Vallence

bluechampion wrote:

Silvagni
Dow
Murphy
O'Brien
Petrevski-Seton
Kennedy
Fogarty
Cripps
De Koning
Stocker
Jones
Carroll
Kemp
Walsh
Plowman
Martin
Weitering
Newman
Fisher
Parks
Durdin
C. Curnow
Williamson
Newnes
Ramsay
E. Curnow
Saad
E. Curnow
Owies
Cottrell

Honey - maybe
McKay - maybe

Will the 2 x 2021 E. Curnows equate to one 2019 E. Curnow?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next