Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:28 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:54 pm 
Geoff Southby

redback wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
redback wrote:
Shit club.
Bring in someone that hasnt played in two years without any form.
The reason we have been a pathetic club for the last twenty odd years.

I think there's other reasons for our failures in the last 20 years. Curnow has only been around for 4, and he makes us better.

There's some players who are just good better than others available. He played OK in the 2 scratch matches from all reports.

Judd didnt need reserves games to know he was better

Bradley was like that.

Diesel was like that.

Curnow is like that...I think...lets just wait and see.

I prefer Curnow in the forward line than Cripps and kennedy in key posts.

Four plus two years off the field. :razz:
Two years off and not even a gallop in a low intensity scratch match.
I am glad he is back bondi but there is a serious lack of standards and ethics presented to certain integral players regardless of form or fitness.
Standards must be set and adhered to.

Well it seems we have been holding him back if anything, proof will be in the pudding I guess whether that was more wishful thinking or not.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:25 am 
Harry Vallence

DesEnglish wrote:
Jack off the leash.

Hhmmm, not sure I’m super keen on watching that[/quote]

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:05 am 
John James

SurreyBlue wrote:
Now I know the AFL are taking the p1$$ with us by scheduling us on prime time this week.
Oh dear.....

someone is definitely scheduling this for prime time and hoping for a blues catastrophe to see all the journalists write our obituary.

there's plenty of haters in the football world of commenters, especially ex-players, the list is too long, but the relish they turn one bad quarter into Blues are an inept, lazy, skill-less team is profoundly motivated by something other than objectivity. (not talking about last week talking about better games). expect Gill CEO being a uni blue player is also a blues supporter? who signs off on the scheduling, will be Chief Operations Officer or something wont it? 2IC and heir apparent to lord Gill.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:14 am 
John James

Paddycripps wrote:
Why would they bring back McGovern via the VFL and play Charlie in the senior side?
Charlie hasn't played a senior game in 2 years, whereas McGovern has played some.
Seems weird to me.

Because Gov's form and goal kicking was pretty sub-par. And at they'd know if Charlies goal kicking is going to be somewhat reliable or not based on what they're seeing in scratch matches and training. But mostly because he's an inspirational player, something Gov has yet to emulate.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:19 am 
John James

17th Premiership wrote:
What a strange position we are in as supporters!
Hard to know how to feel or what I want beyond things to get better!
I realise things are never as bad (or as good) as they seem. But I find myself on such an emotional rollercoaster this season!

that's a football barracker's lot! even some bulldogs fans are constantly pissed with Luke Beveridge for not playing the right players and tactics etc etc and worried about finishing top 2 or top 4. though last week will have soothed some nerves.

Last edited by diesel95 on Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:26 am 
John James

deano35 wrote:
So our Teams lack of tackling was a major reason why we capitulated last week yet we drop SPS who had the 2nd most tackles for the team and was in our top 5 for pressure acts.
Once again Teague proves his favouritism towards the senior players and the treatment of SPS is disgraceful.

Yeah someone said SPS was terrible last week but the first half I saw he laid some big tackles and he's been doing more of that in the midfield than i recall him doing in the backline. Let's face it, there's something going on mentally with most of the team for parts of games and they all went off the boil in third quarter, if SPS was one of them, why single him out?! At least he's a clean ball user unlike so many others.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:37 am 
Geoff Southby

Cur now playing is either a master-stroke or toilet. I wonder what it will be

And not sure what Lyon is going on about. The amount of calamitys recently. what was he expecting?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:59 am 
Rod Ashman

diesel95 wrote:
deano35 wrote:
So our Teams lack of tackling was a major reason why we capitulated last week yet we drop SPS who had the 2nd most tackles for the team and was in our top 5 for pressure acts.
Once again Teague proves his favouritism towards the senior players and the treatment of SPS is disgraceful.

Yeah someone said SPS was terrible last week but the first half I saw he laid some big tackles and he's been doing more of that in the midfield than i recall him doing in the backline. Let's face it, there's something going on mentally with most of the team for parts of games and they all went off the boil in third quarter, if SPS was one of them, why single him out?! At least he's a clean ball user unlike so many others.

Because it’s easy to single him out, the media certainly did.

Again, the Carlton failed early pick narrative for clicks. Just wait until LoB makes a mistake, pitchforks at the ready

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:06 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

DesEnglish wrote:
diesel95 wrote:
deano35 wrote:

Because it’s easy to single him out, the media certainly did.

Again, the Carlton failed early pick narrative for clicks. Just wait until LoB makes a mistake, pitchforks at the ready

Don’t forget the lit torches as well.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:14 am 
Ken Hunter

diesel95 wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Now I know the AFL are taking the p1$$ with us by scheduling us on prime time this week.
Oh dear.....

someone is definitely scheduling this for prime time and hoping for a blues catastrophe to see all the journalists write our obituary.

there's plenty of haters in the football world of commenters, especially ex-players, the list is too long, but the relish they turn one bad quarter into Blues are an inept, lazy, skill-less team is profoundly motivated by something other than objectivity. (not talking about last week talking about better games). expect Gill CEO being a uni blue player is also a blues supporter? who signs off on the scheduling, will be Chief Operations Officer or something wont it? 2IC and heir apparent to lord Gill.

:clap:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:16 am 
Ken Hunter

diesel95 wrote:
deano35 wrote:

Someone had to be a scapegoat and surprise, surprise.......

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:28 am 
Banned

Too many talented pea hearts on the list that dont defend very well.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:33 am 
Stephen Kernahan

SPS doesn't get out of a jog. When did you last see the bloke actually sprint. He's even slower when the ball is going the other way. Sadly he's a victim of having it too easy. Didn't play reserves in his first few years and he doesn't know what it's like to work hard and earn your spot.
He has a lot of talent but he also has a distinct lack of urgency.
I like the changes. (Other than O'Brien) Charlie has been training flat out for 6 weeks and played 2 scratch matches. You don't run thoroughbreds around on shit paddocks. Bring him into the elite environment.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:07 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

A wise man once said “If you’re gonna ride in the Kentucky Derby, you don’t leave your prize stallion in the stable”.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:44 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

diesel95 wrote:
deano35 wrote:

Agree that SPS was much better than Cottrell, and not good enough to take Plowman's spot.
Doesn't provide the same pressure of Owies but has more skills.
Could easily have taken Williamson's role, unless they've gone for Willo for size being 10cm taller and a match up in mind. Similar situation vs Newman.

All the above did not produce as much as SPS last week.

Chairs on the Titanic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:46 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
SPS doesn't get out of a jog. When did you last see the bloke actually sprint. He's even slower when the ball is going the other way. Sadly he's a victim of having it too easy. Didn't play reserves in his first few years and he doesn't know what it's like to work hard and earn your spot.
I like the changes. (Other than O'Brien) Charlie has been training flat out for 6 weeks and played 2 scratch matches. You don't run thoroughbreds around on shit paddocks. Bring him into the elite environment.

I can't remember seeing SPS sprint or play with a sense of urgency, other than a token sprint chasing 5 metres behind with arms flapping manically making it look like he's trying.

SPS is half a footballer. There's a good half with skills, and a bad half for effort. Its that obvious.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:47 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

AGRO wrote:
A wise man once said “If you’re gonna ride in the Kentucky Derby, you don’t leave your prize stallion in the stable”.

You're a beauty, son of a petrol bowser man.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:51 pm 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
diesel95 wrote:
deano35 wrote:

Agree that SPS was much better than Cottrell, and not good enough to take Plowman's spot.
Doesn't provide the same pressure of Owies but has more skills.
Could easily have taken Williamson's role, unless they've gone for Willo for size being 10cm taller and a match up in mind. Similar situation vs Newman.

All the above did not produce as much as SPS last week.

Chairs on the Titanic

But what would be the point of putting him back into the backline where he was a failure? He has produced his best in the midfield so if he is not playing there then running around in the magoos is better for him. The forward line is starting to resemble something to salivate over.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:07 pm 
Robert Walls

Blue Vain wrote:

Just wish it wasn't the concrete slabs of Marvel that he was getting his first run in 700+ days.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:16 pm 
Bruce Doull

diesel95 wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Oh dear.....

Gil's team is Saints

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next