Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:07 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 84  Next

Who should coach us next year?
Brad Scott 16%  16%  [ 16 ]
Michael Voss 20%  20%  [ 19 ]
Mark Williams 11%  11%  [ 11 ]
Don Pyke 22%  22%  [ 21 ]
Danny Daly 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Scott Burns 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Giansiracusa 5%  5%  [ 5 ]
Jaymie Graham 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
Adam Kingsley 16%  16%  [ 16 ]
Adam Yze 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
Nigel Lappin 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Jarrad Schofield 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Steven King 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 97
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:13 pm 
Geoff Southby

Donstuie wrote:
I'm starting to think that the genuine ITK's (Barass, Red Pill, Forty3 etc) are part of the club's communication strategy, drip-feeding bits and pieces so it doesn't look like the club is sitting on its hands.

Either way, I'm preparing for a great deal of pissing and moaning.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:21 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Drewgirl wrote:
Apparently someone from Brisbane said it was Gubby Allen who wanted to have a final tilt at the premiership to recruit Fev before everything turned to shit.
Voss said it himself, he regrets what happened between him and Bradshaw. He said the Fev trade came across his desk and he had to tell Bradshaw they may be trading him to Carlton.

In the final years of Voss coaching, most of their players were old.

We shall see. There is no guarantees about anyone. Even Clarkson. If we had to beg him and pay him $12M for 7 years and he reluctantly said yes, then that could have gone to shit as well.

I think its the relationship with the players and getting their buy in that is going to be the key here.

Not friend friend but a tough respect. The whole coaching group is going to have to move in the right direction to achieve this.

Well said. There has been a lot of "crazy Vossy" talk in relation to trades, but more than one person has input into trading. These days especially with list managers and the like the coach alone wouldn't dictate the whole thing.
Also, Voss was a young and inexperienced coach and coaching the club he was a legend of. Not an easy thing to do. History has told us that senior coaches with little or no experience are unlikely to succeed. I wasn't a fan of Voss coaching us but am coming around. He is a winner. He demands success. He is now experienced. He is older and wiser. I think if it is him, he'll do well.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:40 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

More from BF:

I’m told it’s still Clarkson. Expect him to clearly leave the door open for a return to coaching next year when interviewed this evening.

RoyalBlues said:
People are jumping the gun here! It’s still Clarkson.

Between this and what's going on at CFMEU HQ, I ain't getting much work done

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:56 pm 
Harry Vallence

17th Premiership wrote:
HeraldSun (Tony Sheehan) reporting that Voss impressed Carlton bosses and is likely to get the senior job, unless we land Clarkson...
Also says he will bring Nigel Lappin with him.

Pheww if tony Sheehan saying that , he like Tom Browne !!

It definitely won’t be Voss as senior coach

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:58 pm 
Rod Ashman

Nigel Lappin as 2ic would be good.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:58 pm 
Harry Vallence

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
More from BF:

I’m told it’s still Clarkson. Expect him to clearly leave the door open for a return to coaching next year when interviewed this evening.

RoyalBlues said:

Agreee I need Carlton to finalise our senior coach , our trades , delistings , draft , other coaching appointments , oh and fixture

I need to get back to work ...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:01 pm 
Robert Walls

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
More from BF:

RoyalBlues said:

:grin:

But the guy that kicked that dog :mad:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:12 pm 
Bruce Doull

I suppose one thing in support of Voss he was smart enough to offload Hendo :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:21 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Voss wasn't bad at the coaching caper imo.

He came across as a good tactician, and good feel for the game.

He had a chance at a flag with the addition of Fevola to Brown as KP's and they looked dangerous.

The Fev stuffed up and hospitalised, younger players left the place which didn't even have a proper gym, the old players retiring the Board had enough, like we did with Teague.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:41 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Had a piss up...I mean picnic yesterday with a Hawks family down the beach.
He was partners with one of the Hawks Board members.
Had a great chat about Carlton and Hawks issues with coaches etc over a couple.

It seems they are not a happy team at Hawthorn with this messy and disrespectful divorce with Clarkson.
It has all the makings of the Malthouse Buckley hand over....might work, might not work.

Jeff Kennett has blood on his hands.
He effectively planned Clarkson's end.
He must have thought he had the soft cap under control for next year, and Clarkson would do as he's told.

Clarkson not happy with situation, and doesn't have a problem with Mitchell.
Clarkson got what he wanted from Jeff. Played his cards really well.
Effectively, formally ending the contract and being paid out for next year, to get out of there.

Clarkson wants Hawks to pay for next year whether he coaches or not.
I get the feeling its something to do with having the last laugh. 2 bulls want to win the battle.
Kennett, with the support of the AFL, doesn't want to handover money to Clarkson is he's paid to coach elsewhere.
Kennett agreed to Clarkson leaving early and thought he wouldn't have to pay for next year because Clarko is a man in demand.

I got the feeling that the line that Clarkson is not interested in coaching Carlton is bullshit..
That's a Herald Sun led, SEN copied headline for clicks.
Clarkson is still in our stratosphere. It seems he wants his money...and the choice to do whatever he chooses without having to pay it back.
I'm sure he's gettable....money talks...but I don't think Jeff is the type who will pay Clarko for next year, on Jeff's terms.

Not a good way to treat a legendary coach.
A lot of hawks people not happy with how this has been played out.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:00 pm 
Craig Bradley

rhino27 wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:
Apparently someone from Brisbane said it was Gubby Allen who wanted to have a final tilt at the premiership to recruit Fev before everything turned to shit.
Voss said it himself, he regrets what happened between him and Bradshaw. He said the Fev trade came across his desk and he had to tell Bradshaw they may be trading him to Carlton.

In the final years of Voss coaching, most of their players were old.

We shall see. There is no guarantees about anyone. Even Clarkson. If we had to beg him and pay him $12M for 7 years and he reluctantly said yes, then that could have gone to shit as well.

I think its the relationship with the players and getting their buy in that is going to be the key here.

Not friend friend but a tough respect. The whole coaching group is going to have to move in the right direction to achieve this.

Well said. There has been a lot of "crazy Vossy" talk in relation to trades, but more than one person has input into trading. These days especially with list managers and the like the coach alone wouldn't dictate the whole thing.
Also, Voss was a young and inexperienced coach and coaching the club he was a legend of. Not an easy thing to do. History has told us that senior coaches with little or no experience are unlikely to succeed. I wasn't a fan of Voss coaching us but am coming around. He is a winner. He demands success. He is now experienced. He is older and wiser. I think if it is him, he'll do well.

He had a worse winning record than Teague. Question is, why change, especially when Clarko is around in a year if that's the case? You get a new coach to upgrade. Ok if he struggled a little, no issue, but he set Brisbane back years.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:22 pm 
Bruce Doull

Best get used to Voss the Boss everyone!

(Christ Almighty the melts on BF)

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:24 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Presumably Voss is a much better coach than he was however many years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:26 pm 
formerly Fevola

I just hope we dont get desperate enough to call Ross Lyon and just give him the job now.

Says a lot where he feels entitled to not present for a job. Red Flags I think. He is too arrogant.

Give Voss credit, he gets knocked down but keeps on trying.

Good role model I reckon.

There are no guarantees with anyone we get . Everything needs to click.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:26 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Presumably Voss is a much better coach than he was however many years ago.
Well we'll see to that pretty quickly...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:27 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Courtesy of @Upthebaggers on Twitter

Ollie Wines on Michael Voss: "I don't think I've met a person more motivating than Vossy. He's run our resilience & leadership program over the past 12-18 months & what he's done with our group & the connection & trust he's built within that playing group is enormous."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:28 pm 
Bruce Doull

Rumoured to be a 4 year deal sub $500k per year.

If true (and with Teague now off our soft cap) we can hopefully invest more in quality assistants.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:31 pm 
Bob Chitty

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Courtesy of @Upthebaggers on Twitter

Ollie Wines on Michael Voss: "I don't think I've met a person more motivating than Vossy. He's run our resilience & leadership program over the past 12-18 months & what he's done with our group & the connection & trust he's built within that playing group is enormous."

Its pretty good timing to hear that type of thing.

Honestly, I get why we would be going after clarkson

But I'm good with the decision if the likes of parkin, diesel and now cook have agreed upon him.

He brings lappin, power is already at the club, all qe need is black and we will have one he'll of a midfield ... coaching team

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:31 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Drewgirl wrote:
I just hope we dont get desperate enough to call Ross Lyon and just give him the job now.

Says a lot where he feels entitled to not present for a job. Red Flags I think. He is too arrogant.

THIS.
The man has a winners mentality.
He'll be far better prepared this time

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:37 pm 
formerly Fevola

rhino27 wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:

THIS.
The man has a winners mentality.
He'll be far better prepared this time

I hope he will do wonders with our midfield too. Someone like Cripps, Walsh and Dow will really have the ultimate midfielder to learn from. Maybe he may put Stocker in the midfield. They both have gigantic thighs. Haha.

I am getting behind this selection now so I hope it does happen.

I dont want Lyon as the head coach. Unless he comes on as a mentor to Voss that is. Now that would be ideal.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 84  Next