Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:09 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:42 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluedog wrote:
Hate to say it, but I think a good analogy for our performance today, is Liam Stocker's underwear.

Yeah, tripping out.
WTF was he thinking?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:44 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

99prelim wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Effort was there done well in tackles and 1% ers

Wasting energy to throw hissy fits. Hopefully Harry, Charlie & Levi come into the side next week

Great stuff Yvonne. :lol:

I'm not surprised at all by the loss. I tipped us to lose. We've reached the personnel tipping point.
You can adapt with the loss of key players but you still require on area of strength. We don't have it.
A boy against a gun ruckman gave them silver service at the stoppages. When we won it back in defence, we had no structural integrity up the ground to direct the ball to. Eventually the dam wall was going to burst. I wouldn't sack Teague on that performance.
Let the review run its course and make an informed decision from there.

Disappointed we didn't give Jones a run in the ruck though to try and wrestle back some ascendancy.

Enjoy your analysis but will disagree on the 'personnel tipping point'

It is still 18 v 18 and if anybody can tell me that our 18 wanted to win more than their 18 (regardless of ability), I'd be shocked

18 Jack Silvagni's would've put up a better show.

Jack has the intrinsic motivation. Teague has shown over and over and over and over again that he cannot ignite the player's extrinsic motivation to win at all costs

It's all between the ears. Of course, injuries don't help...but that aint the reason for the rinse repeat insipid efforts we see

I agree and understand the personnel tipping point., but I also agree with your comment too.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:51 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I'm so sad for Teague, and Carlton, and the supporters and my kids.

This is rock bottom, again.

Tipping point allright.

The Media are after blood, its awful.

The personal attack on Weitering by that f wit free lance journo, james mottershead who Chief footy write, Mark Robinson must have hired, to discredit Weitering by blaming him for Larkey's 7 goals.

Horrible slander on poor Weiters. Jones was on Larkers in the main. Swap happened when Larkey peeled off and Weiters man was handed over to Plow. I remember that. But Larkey was Jones' man.

Horrible slanderous media. We don't need Fake News in the footy media ffs.

but the stuff on Teague is really bad

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/news/afl-2021-carlton-v-north-melbourne-david-teague-woes-grow-after-disgraceful-effort/news-story/e4b1b5b4841eb705228892b3d6c7e647

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:59 pm 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:

Tipping point allright.

The personal attack on Weitering by that f wit free lance journo, james mottershead who Chief footy write, Mark Robinson must have hired, to discredit Weitering by blaming him for Larkey's 7 goals.

Horrible slander on poor Weiters. Jones was on Larkers in the main. Swap happened when Larkey peeled off and Weiters man was handed over to Plow. I remember that. But Larkey was Jones' man.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/news/afl-2021-carlton-v-north-melbourne-david-teague-woes-grow-after-disgraceful-effort/news-story/e4b1b5b4841eb705228892b3d6c7e647

can you copy and paste the article?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:24 pm 
Robert Walls

bender wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Tipping point allright.

Some BS highlights….
Teague has absolute belief in this group.
To North’s credit their ball use was better than ours.
Their ability to win the ball back and then go through us I thought was superior to ours. I also thought they got on top in the centre bounce and got the ball going in their half and we had trouble getting it down to our end and then when we did get it down to our end our ability to finish our work and hit the scoreboard wasn’t good enough.
I thought North Melbourne were just stronger than us. I thought they did the fundamentals, the basics, better than us. Some simple things like spoiling from behind, for whatever reason I thought there was a slight shift in our mindset. We weren’t at our ruthless best. :banghead: Since when?
This one was a hard one because we were getting our looks,” Teague said
When they got through us they were able to finish their plays and at one stage they’d had nine inside-50s and seven or eight shots. It wasn’t that we weren’t getting it in our half, it was more that we weren’t using it offensively.
I believe there’s a lot more. I think we’ve seen some growth over the last period and today was really disappointing because we didn’t follow that trend so that hurts. That hurts the playing group, the coaching staff, our fans.
We’ve got some work to do. We’re not good enough, clearly, and that’s why we’re not playing finals. But going forward this group can play finals. I’m very confident of that.

So much :garthp: I don’t know what to say

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:34 pm 
Craig Bradley

Just tell us why for 5 or 6 or 7 weeks in the season the side doesn’t turn up and give effort
Don’t say that you believe in this group when it is obvious the team performances mean the team doesn’t believe in you if they did they wouldn’t do this regularly they wouldn’t treat their supporters with contempt by serving up this utter GARBAGE

Don’t expect to win all the time obviously but why can’t after 2 years being in charge He can’t get them to bring grit and effort every week
I don’t get it why can the bottom 3 teams even if they don’t win generally give effort and play for the jumper
This is just rancid this club it stinks to high heaven
For god sake someone do something or we will continue to career out of control like we have for at least the last 10 years

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:36 am 
Garry Crane

From Teagues mouth Murphy was not right to play a faull game then why the @#$%&! was he poicked. No intergrity!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:12 am 
Harry Vallence

The other thing that grabbed me in the press conference was when he talked about changing our plan to go shorter in forward 50 cause Harry wasn’t there.
Kinda confirmed the mindless long bombing we do is actually the plan.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:17 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

sandramcd67 wrote:
From Teagues mouth Murphy was not right to play a faull game then why the @#$%&! was he poicked. No intergrity!!!!!!!!!

He shouldn't get sacked for this at this stage of the year. We know why he's being played these last 4 games.

Its the decisions not made earlier in the year that may have demoralised and derailled some of the young players who were performing in the twos. Players should have been dropped for their selfish conditional performances, injured and underdone. Culture.

Teague picked players because he believed in them. He backed the wrong horse. His gut feelings were not at the level they needed to be to develop the team and players in it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:19 am 
Banned

Jonosc1 wrote:
The other thing that grabbed me in the press conference was when he talked about changing our plan to go shorter in forward 50 cause Harry wasn’t there.

The plan is actually to put speed on the ball and give H as many one one contests as possible. Playing too slow and he will be double triple teamed. Thats why we play long - using strengths to get quality shots on goal.

Cripps just had to break even one on one contest and did that well. Its the right way to go about it if you want key forwards getting quality shots on goal.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:28 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Juanita Jones wrote:
bender wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Tipping point allright.

Some BS highlights….
Their ability to win the ball back and then go through us I thought was superior to ours. I also thought they got on top in the centre bounce and got the ball going in their half and we had trouble getting it down to our end and then when we did get it down to our end our ability to finish our work and hit the scoreboard wasn’t good enough.
I thought North Melbourne were just stronger than us. I thought they did the fundamentals, the basics, better than us. Some simple things like spoiling from behind, for whatever reason I thought there was a slight shift in our mindset. We weren’t at our ruthless best. :banghead: Since when?
When they got through us they were able to finish their plays and at one stage they’d had nine inside-50s and seven or eight shots. It wasn’t that we weren’t getting it in our half, it was more that we weren’t using it offensively.
I believe there’s a lot more. I think we’ve seen some growth over the last period and today was really disappointing because we didn’t follow that trend so that hurts. That hurts the playing group, the coaching staff, our fans.
We’ve got some work to do. We’re not good enough, clearly, and that’s why we’re not playing finals. But going forward this group can play finals. I’m very confident of that.

That's the crux of Teague's view, but its the headlines and blame from the writers which were awful.

Quote:
AFL 2021 Carlton v North Melbourne: David Teague woes grow after ‘disgraceful’ effort

David Teague’s coaching tenure is under serious threat after Saturday’s performance against North Melbourne. But he still believes the Blues are on the right track.

Quoting The Prendercast Tweet

Quote:
We’ve enough evidence to suggest Teague doesn’t have what it takes to be a senior coach.

He’s consistently out-coached and regularly saved by the efforts of talented individuals who hold whatever the @#$%&! his philosophy/game plan is together.

Another Tweet

Quote:

Quote:
I honestly don't know what's worse.

Thousands of absolute cooked units protesting lockdowns across the country. Or Carlton.

Quote:
Nick Larkey towelled Jacob Weitering up, to the point the Carlton vice-captain was moved to the forward line in the last quarter, and Tarryn Thomas showed glimpses to suggest he could be one of the AFL’s best players in the near future.

Larkey finished with seven goals, and Thomas four, while Ben Cunnington ran the show in the middle of the ground.

North Melbourne was able to make the most of their forward-50 entries in the first quarter and took a two-point lead into the first change despite trailing inside-50s 15-7.

Nick Larkey was able to find acres of space on Jacob Weitering and slotted two first-quarter goals.

Quote:
Liam Jones, who is showing he may be Carlton’s most reliable defender, collected six intercepts to halftime and proved too much for Tristan Xerri to handle, keeping the key forward to just two touches.

Having a serious go at Carlton KPD Weitering who is obvious AA form when jones was Larkey's main opponent. Its inaccurate. Agenda? Pretty obvious this reporter doesn't want weitering as an AA, or the thought of 3 AA's from bottom team, Carlton. imo

I don't care any more. We have to fight our way out of this and get our team in the top 4, and with our list we can do it, but with Teague in charge, I doubt it.

Some of the commentary was deserved but the headlines are scathing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:30 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Walsh wrote:
Jonosc1 wrote:

The plan is actually to put speed on the ball and give H as many one one contests as possible. Playing too slow and he will be double triple teamed. Thats why we play long - using strengths to get quality shots on goal.

Cripps just had to break even one on one contest and did that well. Its the right way to go about it if you want key forwards getting quality shots on goal.

22-9 centre clearances and you think Cripps broke even. You are blinded by your love for cripps.

One avenue to goal is not a game plan, its a tactic to go for when it presents. A coach needs to prepare his troops for the day his KPF's are injured, maimed or out of form imo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:35 am 
Banned

bondiblue wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Jonosc1 wrote:

22-9 centre clearances and you think Cripps broke even. You are blinded by your love for cripps.

One avenue to goal is not a game plan, its a tactic to go for when it presents. A coach needs to prepare his troops for the day his KPF's are injured, maimed or out of form imo

I wasn't referring to clearances I was referring breaking even when he played forward and kicking long to him.

But on clearances if he wasn't playing it would have been 22-4

If thats the way you want to read it. He was the only one that was winning them and played mostly forward- we dont have the spread nor quality to spread the load around.

That midfield needs to be nuked and start again

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:40 am 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
Juanita Jones wrote:
bender wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Tipping point allright.

Some BS highlights….

That's the crux of Teague's view, but its the headlines and blame from the writers which were awful.

Quote:
AFL 2021 Carlton v North Melbourne: David Teague woes grow after ‘disgraceful’ effort

David Teague’s coaching tenure is under serious threat after Saturday’s performance against North Melbourne. But he still believes the Blues are on the right track.

Quoting The Prendercast Tweet

Quote:
We’ve enough evidence to suggest Teague doesn’t have what it takes to be a senior coach.

He’s consistently out-coached and regularly saved by the efforts of talented individuals who hold whatever the @#$%&! his philosophy/game plan is together.

Another Tweet

Quote:

Quote:
I honestly don't know what's worse.

Thousands of absolute cooked units protesting lockdowns across the country. Or Carlton.

Quote:
Nick Larkey towelled Jacob Weitering up, to the point the Carlton vice-captain was moved to the forward line in the last quarter, and Tarryn Thomas showed glimpses to suggest he could be one of the AFL’s best players in the near future.

Larkey finished with seven goals, and Thomas four, while Ben Cunnington ran the show in the middle of the ground.

North Melbourne was able to make the most of their forward-50 entries in the first quarter and took a two-point lead into the first change despite trailing inside-50s 15-7.

Nick Larkey was able to find acres of space on Jacob Weitering and slotted two first-quarter goals.

Quote:
Liam Jones, who is showing he may be Carlton’s most reliable defender, collected six intercepts to halftime and proved too much for Tristan Xerri to handle, keeping the key forward to just two touches.

Having a serious go at Carlton KPD Weitering who is obvious AA form when jones was Larkey's main opponent. Its inaccurate. Agenda? Pretty obvious this reporter doesn't want weitering as an AA, or the thought of 3 AA's from bottom team, Carlton. imo

I don't care any more. We have to fight our way out of this and get our team in the top 4, and with our list we can do it, but with Teague in charge, I doubt it.

Some of the commentary was deserved but the headlines are scathing.

Sorry bondi but F!@# them they deserve it.
We have been putting up with this shit for years, and yesterday was another embarrassing showing.
Not only for them but us as supporters.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:42 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Their strength is our weakness. Their midfield smashed ours and when you look at their players standing up in tackles or Goldstein giving them silver service for easy clearances, the loss wasn't unexpected.
We've lost 5 of our previous 6 games to North by an average of 58 points. (Not including yesterday) It's why I absolutely expected us to lose and stated so here. (In fact, I rarely bet but I put $500 on North as the odds were stupid)

For those advocating Clarkson, let's not forget Hawthorn also lost to North with far fewer injuries than we have.

We needed a counter to their strength and we didn't have it. Not because of coaching but because of personnel. We were smashed in the midfield, the 6,6,6 didn't give us an opportunity to protect our back half and when we won the ball in defence, a lack of a tall target robbed us of an opportunity to move the ball forward.
So we tried to widen the ground, chip the ball forward and hit up short targets. The trouble is when you want your players to have constant movement, to lose their opponents and to create space, it's easy transition for the opposition when you turn the ball over.
Look at Norths scoring profile yesterday. Most of their goals were coming from our forward half. We had no defensive integrity when we turned it over.

I know some posters wont listen and we're all hurting but taking out the frustration on Teague and calling for his head achieves nothing. Let the review run it's course. Let yesterdays game be properly scrutinised and we can make informed decisions based on the outcome. Does anyone truly believe a different coach would have made a big difference yesterday?
It's personnel that would have mattered. Any of Harry, Curnow, Casboult, McGovern, Pittonet. A couple of our talls would have made a huge difference. We needed structure to compete in the middle. TDK will be a player but he's a boy and Goldstein was always going to take him apart. We needed structure to compete in the air so our smalls could have a reference point coming into the front half. As I said elsewhere, the loss of Harry was the eventual tipping point and it played out as I expected.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:45 am 
Rod Ashman

Yesterday showed that Teague cannot coach without individual players bailing him out.
Come on in this day and age 7 F!@#$%^ goals against the bottom side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:57 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Walsh wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Jonosc1 wrote:

I wasn't referring to clearances I was referring breaking even when he played forward and kicking long to him.

But on clearances if he wasn't playing it would have been 22-4

If thats the way you want to read it. He was the only one that was winning them and played mostly forward- we dont have the spread nor quality to spread the load around.

That midfield needs to be nuked and start again

Sorry walshy, I dig your support for the boys but I can't agree with you. Its a cop out.

Cripps did not have 5 centre clerarances. He had 5 clearances all up. All up.
He used to win 20 plus. So what if he was winning most. Not good enough nor acceptable to be happy with low standards.
4,5, 9 they are all substandard and he's not playing to his standards, neither is the team relying on him to play his simple role as the bull in the clearances.
i'm under no illusion what his prime role is for the team. He had his fair share in the middle. I saw Cunington move him aside often. I also saw Cripps go and press up on Cunington like a tag too. Why? Cripps was being dominated. Why? I don't know why?

Take out his crap disposals by hand in particular and you will note midfielders in every team, including ours have gone past him.
There's a reason for that. he's gone backwards and he's not doing his role justice.

In the first half Cripps didn't break even in the forwardline. He got beaten to the ball because he was focussed on wrestling.
The 3 goals he scored he was playing an outside mid role, not sure if that was planned or his role, but game was over by then.
I'm grateful for the 3 goals, but I prefer the 20 clearances from him: he's a big part of our engine room. We build a midfield group around him, not feed him.

Anyway, that's the way I see Cripps the last 2 years. Has not improved. Has gone backwards.
He can improve, because we know what he can do. He must win clearances and feed out to walsh and dow and so on. Has a chop out and then Kennedy plays the same role.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:02 am 
Banned

Cripps used to win 20 clearances all up in a game?

Wow........

Shit loss - but somewhat expected. No training session to train and plan without key position players.

We just have to soldier on and yeah I support the boys - not their fault drafting and recruiting has been poor.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:06 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Walsh wrote:

Wow........

Shit loss - but somewhat expected. No training session to train and plan without key position players.

We just have to soldier on and yeah I support the boys - not their fault drafting and recruiting has been poor.

Allright, I'm pissed off with him.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:07 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

bondiblue wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Wow........

Allright, I'm pissed off with him.

Should have said it from the outset....contested possessions that connected with a team mate....now its 8 and the handballs don't hit his team mate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next