Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:11 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:27 pm 
Robert Walls

keogh wrote:
The personal isn’t there
It’s recruiting
I keep saying it
We need to start again

BULLSHIT Keogh

If we had 18 Jack Silvagni's (with his ability) out there wanting to win for the jumper at all costs, the narrative would be a polar opposite to what we have

It's so f%^^&) easy to say that we have f^&*()ed up our drafting/recruiting for most years

We have f^((_^%%$ed up our COACHING and our DEVELOPMENT significantly more than our recruiting

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:49 pm 
Harry Vallence

Yep it's not only recruiting. Like all clubs, we have had a few we didnt get right (McGovern, Setterfield). But so have Richmond. They swapped two second round picks for Chris Yarran who didn't play a game. Pick 17 got them Higgins who didnt play in any of their flags. Swans picked Dylan Stephens and Matthew Ling in the first round. But development and gameplan also play a part. You have to get all three right. And it's fair to say those two clubs do those two things a helluva lot better than we do.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:52 pm 
Ken Hunter

99prelim wrote:
keogh wrote:
The personal isn’t there
It’s recruiting
I keep saying it
We need to start again

BULLSHIT Keogh

If we had 18 Jack Silvagni's (with his ability) out there wanting to win for the jumper at all costs, the narrative would be a polar opposite to what we have

It's so f%^^&) easy to say that we have f^&*()ed up our drafting/recruiting for most years

We have f^((_^%%$ed up our COACHING and our DEVELOPMENT significantly more than our recruiting

:clap:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:24 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Stefchook wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Stefchook wrote:
Sad, but I suspect Weitering has lost any chance of being all-Australian.

Most of the game Weitering wasn't on Larkey.

For instance the last quarter when he played full forward.

Perhaps that's because he was being towelled up.

I might be wrong but tell me did Jones play on Larkey or Weitering in the first 3 quarters?

I'm sure I saw Jones going to larkey and standing Larkey most of the time.

I don't want to watch the game again TBH. I saw enough for now.

We are in lockdown, so there's always a chance to watch it again as we get closer to the Saints game.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:25 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

This is what I want from our captain week in week out

Quote:
Josh Kennedy was also sensational for the Swans with 34 disposals, seven tackles and seven clearances.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:21 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Stefchook wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Stefchook wrote:

No, it was because Cripps was an embarrassment at full forward where we tried to hide him.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:38 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
I might be wrong but tell me did Jones play on Larkey or Weitering in the first 3 quarters?

Based on the scoreline I’d say Jones played on Weitering.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:03 pm 
Craig Bradley

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:41 pm 
Bruce Doull

99prelim wrote:

Can't we just have both?

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:52 pm 
Bob Chitty

On Cripps:
Larkeys first goal in the third came as a direct result of Cripps lack of defensive effort.
If you can stomach watching the replay, the behind the goals vision showed Cripps at half forward next to Hall when they get the ball. He let's Hall drift off him and just stands in space near the ball carrier. Hall keeps going, gets the ball in the middle and gives it to Larkey.
The lack of defensive intent was appalling: and he's meant to be our leader.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:52 pm 
Ken Hunter

Just saw on the news that Betts is on crutches.
I think we can safely say he will not play this week.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:58 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
Stefchook wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Stefchook wrote:

I'm sure I saw Jones going to larkey and standing Larkey most of the time.

I don't want to watch the game again TBH. I saw enough for now.

We are in lockdown, so there's always a chance to watch it again as we get closer to the Saints game.

Might be best watch the Norf game again Bondi. The Saints game won't be pretty. They get Marshall back and we get no one (McKay is no certainty, Williams has a hammy and Eddie ???). You gotta feel for TDK and JSOS .......... and pretty much everyone else who is fit enough to get on the park.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:30 pm 
Rod Ashman

The only surprise for me was the margin, I couldn't believe some on here were not only expecting a win but a big win, what have you been watching for the last 20 years. Surely you couldn't expect a big win based on the last quarter we played against the Pies.

We have no desire or energy to put the foot on the throat of a bottom team. Just like North did to us over and over when we were last.

Weak and insipid effort not to mention the coaching - allowing North players to get goal side when they were coming out of our forward line.

Not surprised at all. Just like our club I just accept this crap.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:11 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue4ever wrote:
The only surprise for me was the margin, I couldn't believe some on here were not only expecting a win but a big win, what have you been watching for the last 20 years. Surely you couldn't expect a big win based on the last quarter we played against the Pies.

We have no desire or energy to put the foot on the throat of a bottom team. Just like North did to us over and over when we were last.

Weak and insipid effort not to mention the coaching - allowing North players to get goal side when they were coming out of our forward line.

I was living in hope. I was hoping for a big win.

Dreaming big. Big fall. Ouch.

We beat Dogs last year by 50 points with a few injured players out.

Once Harry was gone, so dis all hope TBH. Too many out injured.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:14 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue4ever wrote:

Guilty as charged your honour....................doesn't hurt to dream.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:14 pm 
Robert Walls

sinbagger wrote:
Stefchook wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Stefchook wrote:

No, it was because Cripps was an embarrassment at full forward where we tried to hide him.

I hope I don't offend too many people but Cripps has been an embarrassment for 18 months

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:16 pm 
Robert Walls

CK95 wrote:
99prelim wrote:

Can't we just have both?

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

Yeah we can...but I know which one I believe has impacted us significantly more

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:27 pm 
Rod Ashman

Mickstar wrote:
Blue4ever wrote:

Guilty as charged your honour....................doesn't hurt to dream.

Sorry Mick, didn't mean to have a crack. I'm just broken with a loser mentality :sad:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:38 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Quote:

I hope I don't offend too many people but Cripps has been an embarrassment for 18 months

It's staggering how far he has fallen. Cripps at his best was top 5 if not higher in the league. He wouldn't be top 50 now. He'd be lucky to be top 100 if we're honest.

It feels like a number of us just want to stick the boots into him, but I think it's just the disappointment of the promise he showed not being delivered. We just want him to be something that he isn't at the moment and may never be.

These were the years he was supposed to dominate the competition and drag us into finals. Instead his fall from grace is a sad reflection of team as a whole

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:50 am 
Robert Walls

The_Cranium wrote:
Quote:

It's staggering how far he has fallen. Cripps at his best was top 5 if not higher in the league. He wouldn't be top 50 now. He'd be lucky to be top 100 if we're honest.

It feels like a number of us just want to stick the boots into him, but I think it's just the disappointment of the promise he showed not being delivered. We just want him to be something that he isn't at the moment and may never be.

These were the years he was supposed to dominate the competition and drag us into finals. Instead his fall from grace is a sad reflection of team as a whole

A lot of that is him not playing to his strengths and believing the BS that his coach places on him. He never takes the best option first in many clearances. Bash and crash is his motto. Does nothing for the team.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next