Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:53 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:59 am 
Robert Walls

Apparently Charlie is in the coaches ear about playing this week as it's Ed's 200th...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:13 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bluechampion wrote:
Apparently Charlie is in the coaches ear about playing this week as it's Ed's 200th...

Ed is almost my favourite player - but if they want to play his 200th together I'd much prefer Ed to take a fortnight off and play his 200th when Charlie is fit.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:34 am 
Craig Bradley

Heavs wrote:
bluechampion wrote:

Ed is almost my favourite player - but if they want to play his 200th together I'd much prefer Ed to take a fortnight off and play his 200th when Charlie is fit.

Agree. Cripps for Ed would be a reasonable change this week. Although I’d prefer to keep Ed and drop Cottrell or Newnes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:44 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

I really hope the 2 weeks off the tools for Cripps has done his battered body wonders.

If Cripps can come back and play a role to feed the likes of Walsh and Dow, like Kennedy did last week, then this may be the beginning of the future.

Kennedy has grown into the role with his new body shape and improved running, but he is also known for his forward craft too. Kennedy Cripps waxing between midfield and forwardline could be a revelation IF Crippa's body has taken enough time off to repair his body.

DeKoning-in the ruck with Jack providing chop out.

Cripps-Kennedy Inside mid/ 2nd tall forward

Walsh - runs all day/ SPS

Dow - Fisher/Martin

Curnow - will be HF but will tag or run with anyone dangerous

We can win in the engine room with new found confidence building amongst the boys.

Starts with DeKoning vs Goldstein. Great experience for Tom, and I feel he can do OK.
After all Tommy had 9 hit outs to advantage last game vs Grundy's 7. His 3rd quarter was very good.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:45 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluechampion wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd like to see that, but will not happen.
Maybe Ed has a rest this week...yeah, nah..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:16 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

He can give brother a hug when he comes off the ground.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:59 pm 
Bruce Doull

Wouldn't bother me if Cripps was rested again this week. And that's not to disrespect North, more to take care of our 6 year investment who appears to be need a rest for his leg, back, & shoulders.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:02 pm 
Geoff Southby

bluechampion wrote:

Just play him and then med sub him out half way through the game if he needs to rest.
Or is this being too keen?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:03 pm 
Geoff Southby

CK95 wrote:
Wouldn't bother me if Cripps was rested again this week. And that's not to disrespect North, more to take care of our 6 year investment who appears to be need a rest for his leg, back, & shoulders.

100% on this.
Going by the midfields output last weekend against some great midfielders, resting him until he's 100% should now be non-negotiable.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:15 pm 
Rod Ashman

Heavs wrote:
bluechampion wrote:

We'd prefer it Charlie, if you are able to be playing consistently when Ed hits 250!

PS. If Ed plays, I'd sic him onto Cunnington.
PPS. Having said that, I reckon Ed is playing injured, given his drop in output which to me is too sudden to attribute to just getting old.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:07 pm 
Geoff Southby

Getting back to the game, Cunnington is norf's best player and a mid. Ed on him in his best role as a tagger.

Number 2 is Ziebell who marshalls the backline but plays loose. Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:46 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
Getting back to the game, Cunnington is norf's best player and a mid. Ed on him in his best role as a tagger.

Number 2 is Ziebell who marshalls the backline but plays loose. Any suggestions?

Not sure how 'taggable' Cunnington is. I think you just have to accept he is going to win a shittonne of clearances and focus on their outside run. Simpkin, Thomas and LDU have all been in really good form and will chop us if we don't go both ways with them.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:33 pm 
Ken Hunter

We have been playing without a tag in the midfield over the past 2/3 games. We have made sure the our on ballers are individually more accountable for their immediate opponents. I would like this to continue. Unfortunate for Ed but Kennedy, Walsh and Cripps, as the main group will take care of Cunington per 1 v 1.
TkD vs Goldstein is the real concern.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:29 pm 
formerly BlueRob

I am not very confident. 1 good quarter of football won't cut it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:34 pm 
Geoff Southby

SurreyBlue wrote:
We have been playing without a tag in the midfield over the past 2/3 games. We have made sure the our on ballers are individually more accountable for their immediate opponents. I would like this to continue. Unfortunate for Ed but Kennedy, Walsh and Cripps, as the main group will take care of Cunington per 1 v 1.

Must disagree on Cunington. He is norf's bull and to put an effective stopper on him will help our other on ballers clear the ball. Anyway ED has not been at his best in recent weeks so why not put him back to do what he does best.

Goldstein is still a very good player but not the power he once was. Plus TDK is getting better as shown by his performance against Grundy (or maybe Grundy was at the bank counting his $).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:42 pm 
Banned

SurreyBlue wrote:

Yup - two bulls and an outside jet that can mix it with the inside.

Good combo on paper if all things go well - all about building that cohesion now. Wings are going to be left a little weak with Walsh not getting minutes there.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:58 pm 
Geoff Southby

Walsh wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Good combo on paper if all things go well - all about building that cohesion now. Wings are going to be left a little weak with Walsh not getting minutes there.

Ed was playing wing on the weekend, 491m gained.
Walsh had 84% CBA's and Ed had 0.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/651170/fantasy-stats-every-clubs-cbas-and-kick-ins-for-r18

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:07 am 
Banned

Sidefx wrote:
Walsh wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/651170/fantasy-stats-every-clubs-cbas-and-kick-ins-for-r18

Hopefully Ed can play for few more years yet -despite his ball butchering he can be inspirational. Just a special kind of guy.

Prefer Cottrell for the long term on one wing - Carroll who is a left footer on the other wing seems to have a good tank and go from contest to contest.

Put some bulk on him and build his tank over pre season and will be ready to go.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:05 am 
Geoff Southby

Walsh wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
Walsh wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Hopefully Ed can play for few more years yet -despite his ball butchering he can be inspirational. Just a special kind of guy.

Prefer Cottrell for the long term on one wing - Carroll who is a left footer on the other wing seems to have a good tank and go from contest to contest.

Put some bulk on him and build his tank over pre season and will be ready to go.

Cottrell is still a ?? for me, but I do agree Carroll will fit that role with inside cameos like we did with Walsh.
I think Ed will go another year as he's not being pushed out of the side yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:53 pm 
Geoff Southby

I predict we control the play early but fail to capitalise. A key Carlton player gets injured before quarter time and is subbed out. North get on top shortly before halftime and lead by 5 goals during the 3rd quarter. We come back in the last quarter and either narrowly fall in or fall short.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next