Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:31 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:10 pm 
Ken Hunter

Walsh wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Celebrate the depth on our list today.

Agree. How can you not see what Kennedy, Stocker, Fisher, Dow, SPS and amongst others TDK have in talent and quality. Never in doubt. Just play them.

Ps. I never doubted your selections SoS. :thumbsup:

Bam Bam, Cottrell and Owies are all on the rookie list and played a role.

Thats all we want.... the whole squad buying in up to rookies who realistically should rarely get games.

Speaks volumes of the development and patience of our development coaches.

Bam Bam should have never been on the rookie list and you are selling him short. His past month, since being played in the correct position has been BOG next to Walsh.
Cottrell lifted his output in the last, a little but he should be first out next week.
Owies has been good, no issue.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:12 pm 
Banned

SurreyBlue wrote:
Walsh wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Celebrate the depth on our list today.

Agree. How can you not see what Kennedy, Stocker, Fisher, Dow, SPS and amongst others TDK have in talent and quality. Never in doubt. Just play them.

Ps. I never doubted your selections SoS. :thumbsup:

Bam Bam, Cottrell and Owies are all on the rookie list and played a role.

Thats all we want.... the whole squad buying in up to rookies who realistically should rarely get games.

Speaks volumes of the development and patience of our development coaches.

Bam Bam should have never been on the rookie list and you are selling him short. His past month, since being played in the correct position has been BOG next to Walsh.
Cottrell lifted his output in the last, a little but he should be first out next week.
Owies has been good, no issue.

Bam Bam has been woeful past two years... but got his game together now so thats only a positive of our development coaches helping his game and even raising it to a new level. Should never be dropped again.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:17 pm 
Harry Vallence

Walsh wrote:
Scotty12000 wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Hornet wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Bam Bam and Walsh is a good combo moving forward.

Need one more... Curnow is good but not for the future and maybe Cripps not the answer but the aura of Cripps demanding attention is a positive. I am sure the coaching team will work this out.

Dow? :lol:

Ummm.. No.

Teague’s a mastermind coach and Dow’s a dud

Tune in next post for more of “Walsh’s Wowsers” :screwy:

I dont understand your point - but I feel Dow is still abit way off it no tackles today - again. What he did was good but if a mid doesnt tackle then he shouldnt play AFL football imo.

Teague is an excellent young coach the best we have had since Brett Ratten and potential to be even better with the right support around him.

All professionals in the industry rate Teague as a coach from Eagles to Crows.

Clearly you are drunk !! Who are these industry professionals that rate Teague ??

And you don’t rate dow ,,, hmmm was Walsh ok for you today ??

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:21 pm 
Ken Hunter

Good to win against the Pies.
I unfortunately had to watch it with two Collingwood supporters at my home.
Certainly didn't see that final quarter coming.
Interesting we won the clearances without Cripps and with only one ruckman.
What can we say about Walsh? He is a star.
I am watching the replay now and I will sit back and enjoy it.
Go Blues.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:22 pm 
Banned

azzablue wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Scotty12000 wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Hornet wrote:
[quote="Walsh"

Clearly you are drunk !! Who are these industry professionals that rate Teague ??

And you don’t rate dow ,,, hmmm was Walsh ok for you today ??

Dow didnt lay any tackles (ZILCH) - Walsh had five.

Sorry but he was a liability in the middle letting tackles slip or not desperate enough applying pressure that could have led to a tackle.

I have watched him live as well.... and he doesn't tackle enough for an AFL footballer....and feel we can do better while he develops his game as its not at good AFL standard.

Doing more good things more consistently now - but needs time to develop and that shouldnt be in AFL when we want to win games.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:23 pm 
Harry Vallence

The way this match started I thought Grundy was on his way to a 50 - 60 possession game but we turned it around.
Extremely happy for JSOS ..... great game on a very emotional day for him
Walsh .... just awesome
Kudos also to our other mids.

North will be tough next week and they'll have Cunnington back.
Let's just keep rolling

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:24 pm 
Harry Vallence

DesEnglish wrote:
Glad we won, would have been a blood letting had we lost.

JSOS, what a warrior, if we had 18 of him we’d be top 4.

He was Brillant today with a few others

And that tdk goal after giving away a crucial goal and then that one on one with Grundy in the goal square in the last !! How brillant was that , Grundy has 8 pre seasons on him and he didn’t let Grundy out mark him In that goal square !!

That was special last qtr and half

Adrenaline is still high and re collecting my thoughts of what I have just witnessed

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:32 pm 
Rod Ashman

Great finish.
Excruciating 3/4 before that. Our plan still appeared to be bomb it in long, hope Harry brings it to ground and then have the small forwards put the pressure on, scrabble a point and then watch them slice through us for easy goals. Agree with previous posters who argued individual brilliance kept us in it. (mind you individual stupidity kept them in it!)
If we made a brilliant coaching mode at 3/4 time (moving defenders up) why did we wait until then?
If Harry was getting swamped why keep going to him?

Having said all that I am so glad SPS, Dow, Harry, Kennedy, JSOS have come good - they were always going to be our hope.
Weiters we can rely on and Walsh is a star. Need Martin, Williams, Stocker to find consistency and TDK to continue to develop.

Still have a missing piece in the F50.
Owies gets it but misses. Gibbons probably better. Fog just cant get it right. Still relying on Eddie to do it at ground level.
Of course add Cunners & Charlie and it should look a whole lot better.
Newnes, Willo & Cotterall didn't really set the world on fire - hopefully we get some pressure from the seconds. My as well try LOB over Cotterall or Newnes...

Probably the biggest take away for me was seeing grit and pressure.
Well done Blues!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:33 pm 
Harry Vallence

RickJ wrote:
Totally unexpected making it all the more joyous. Lots of contributors. Impressed by Dow’s recent development. Have been very critical of him for some time. Much much better when he is in and under and handballing rather than kicking. 17 possessions today 4 kicks 13 handballs, continuing recent trends. Clearly under instruction, so whoever is responsible for this needs a pat on the back.

Hmmm John barker leaves , luke power having more involvement in the midfield structure with Stanton and Dow plays every game in the midfield and looks like assured afl footballer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:41 pm 
Craig Bradley

Pros
Walsh
Weitering Jones Eddie JSOS Dow Kennedy stocker H
Thought SPS and Willo ok

Owies needs to nail those goals but like his efforts

Newnes and Newman still just going
Cotterells pace helped but disposal didn’t
Good effort to fit back TDK
Great win given our injuries reached tipping point
Good for the coach job was on the line if we lost
Cons
Start
First half
Pressure on Carringbush waltzing out of our forward line so easily for 2.5 quarters
A good team would have murdered us if we played like that

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:42 pm 
Craig Bradley

Look at the way the fixture is structured, win the next 2 weeks and I reckon we sit in the 8.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:43 pm 
Craig Bradley

PS good to see you back Rick J

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:43 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Couldn’t watch the second half due to my sons footy. Was absolutely livid with the first half.

Greatly looking forward to watching the replay to see what changed.

Always very happy to win.

Have seen footage of JSOS in tears after the game. Basically made me do the same.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:44 pm 
Ken Hunter

azzablue wrote:
RickJ wrote:
Totally unexpected making it all the more joyous. Lots of contributors. Impressed by Dow’s recent development. Have been very critical of him for some time. Much much better when he is in and under and handballing rather than kicking. 17 possessions today 4 kicks 13 handballs, continuing recent trends. Clearly under instruction, so whoever is responsible for this needs a pat on the back.

Hmmm John barker leaves , luke power having more involvement in the midfield structure with Stanton and Dow plays every game in the midfield and looks like assured afl footballer

Kennedy as well. D1ckhe@d how no idea.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:44 pm 
Craig Bradley

Arnhem blues wrote:
Great finish.
Excruciating 3/4 before that. Our plan still appeared to be bomb it in long, hope Harry brings it to ground and then have the small forwards put the pressure on, scrabble a point and then watch them slice through us for easy goals. Agree with previous posters who argued individual brilliance kept us in it. (mind you individual stupidity kept them in it!)
If we made a brilliant coaching mode at 3/4 time (moving defenders up) why did we wait until then?
If Harry was getting swamped why keep going to him?

Having said all that I am so glad SPS, Dow, Harry, Kennedy, JSOS have come good - they were always going to be our hope.
Weiters we can rely on and Walsh is a star. Need Martin, Williams, Stocker to find consistency and TDK to continue to develop.

Still have a missing piece in the F50.
Owies gets it but misses. Gibbons probably better. Fog just cant get it right. Still relying on Eddie to do it at ground level.
Of course add Cunners & Charlie and it should look a whole lot better.
Newnes, Willo & Cotterall didn't really set the world on fire - hopefully we get some pressure from the seconds. My as well try LOB over Cotterall or Newnes...

Probably the biggest take away for me was seeing grit and pressure.
Well done Blues!

Owies was a pretty good shot for a while.............then got Carltonised...lol.

He's been a nice find though. Certainly a positive.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:45 pm 
Harry Vallence

Very good last quarter, credit to Teague and the players for changing the game plan to go shorter more often.

The first 2 and a half quarters were some of the worst we have played this year. I wonder what the hell we planned prior, sometimes I wonder if we even do (I am sure we do, it’s sarcastic). Probably why I’m so unsure of our coach.

The last quarter was great ro watch, backs played so high, locked the ball in.

Dow was good for his midfield minutes, Kennedy was great too. Love stocker and our captain just did his job.

Harry, that last quarter was how you should always play. The kicking was laser like.

And Walsh, there is nothing to say. Top 10 in the competition.

We are still missing a few. I think some of them may make us worst, ie doc, but depth is always great!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:49 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Arnhem blues wrote:

Generally agree however am still not convinced about SPS.
Stocker has been consistent IMO and am looking forward to him moving into the midfield.
Fingers crossed Charlie makes a successful return, Cripps can get back to the player he used to be and the likes of Kemp, Philp and Carroll can all make the grade.

One thing today's match confirms is that we don't need to play Casboult.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:51 pm 
Craig Bradley

Robert Harvey:

"It was the dam wall
Their midfield really got on top
We just couldn't stop it".

Never thought i'd hear that! Players and coaches have got a few things right recently even if we did take our time today.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:52 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Good win.
Today emphasised what our midfield is capable of when Cripps isn't there. Give opportunities to players and they step up.
We've been beaten at the centre clearances since Round 10 and the coaches didn't have the balls to take Cripps out. Even though his clearance stats and defensive game have been terrible. In fact they've provided him with far more opportunities than anyone else.
Today they're forced to make changes and the other players step up!
Good coaching my arse.

It was only when the players lowered their eyes and our forwards started to lead at the ball carrier that we got back into the game. Our forward craft is terrible. Surely before the game the instruction should have been to hit up leads instead of smashing it in long. Yet we continue with the Harry or nothing game plan.
First port of call should be a competent forward coach. When we win the ball at stoppages like today, we're a far more potent team.
Credit to Kennedy, Walsh, Dow and our defensive unit.

Once again we looked well structured behind the ball. Those who were whinging about us putting numbers behind the ball last week have gone quiet. That's the diversity of game style that brings players like Saad and Williams into the game and makes us harder to defend.
A quality win.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:56 pm 
Rod Ashman

The Normal One wrote:
Stocker text book hip and shoulder. Watch him get done.

Man that was awesome.

and he got thre right prick too
love this guy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next