Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:10 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:10 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

R17: Carlton v Geelong (Post match discussion)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:13 pm 
Serge Silvagni

It’s getting pretty tiring talking about this mob. Jumper looks the same, the blokes representing it for the most part under DT have not done it proud. What will change that will come out in the wash with this Review. 6 more games for DT as a Carlton coach it appears.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:13 pm 
Bruce Doull

Weird game. Only kicked 5 but didn't look terrible.

Setterfield & Fogarty would have to be on the chopping block for next week I reckon. Owies battled away but was frustrating at times.

Good game from Silvagni, love his efforts. And Weiters was just super.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:14 pm 
Bob Chitty

Not too much to say about this one apart from we won’t win games with only 38 inside 50s and 5.14
Walsh and Weitering outstanding
A few other solid players but not much else
The Setterfield inclusion and performance was all very underwhelming

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:14 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

At least we didn't chair Hendo off I guess.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:17 pm 
Ken Hunter

@#$%&! how good is Walsh!
Weiters AA
Actually the lads fought and fought, bit hard when you're short down bad and short up front.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:17 pm 
Banned

Played better than expected - than I excpected.

Now I'm even more positive than ever providing we get our best players on the park.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:19 pm 
Craig Bradley

BlueJean wrote:
It’s getting pretty tiring talking about this mob. Jumper looks the same, the blokes representing it for the most part under DT have not done it proud. What will change that will come out in the wash with this Review. 6 more games for DT as a Carlton coach it appears.

That could well have been a win with any sort of accuracy. At least an "on the edge of your seat" game. Teague won't lose much out of that.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:20 pm 
Harry Vallence

Surely Fisher, providing he was fit, would've given us more than setters.
Bizarre selection

Battled hard.
Missed countless easy shots

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:21 pm 
Wayne Johnston

I guess the good thing about no VFL was that we barely had any AFL listed players who could have played anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:22 pm 
Banned

TDK best ruck on the ground
Solid games by Kennedy, Dow, Fogarty and SPS but still hmmmm one big pre season away to AFL bonafides.

r.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:24 pm 
Geoff Southby

Had a red hot go i thought.Cats were clean and didn't fumble unlike us..............didnt chuck in the towel.I think our spirit is good.They are trying there best.

Banned

jim wrote:
BlueJean wrote:

That could well have been a win with any sort of accuracy. At least an "on the edge of your seat" game. Teague won't lose much out of that.

Still havent lost to more than 5 goals to top four sides and could have won most of these games with abit of polish.

Ken Hunter

wonder if Kemp was considered?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:29 pm 
Geoff Southby

We are carrying a few conditional players. Setterfield, SPS & Williams are at the top of that list. They should give their match payments to Walsh & Weitering.

Not since Cain Ackland have I been as frustrated with a player as I am with Setterfield at the moment. The difference between his best (last year) and his worst (this year) is staggering.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:31 pm 
Ken Hunter

yes I really liked his work last year, was keen to see how'd he'd kick on this year, had kicked himself backwards.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:31 pm 
Ken Hunter

dannyboy wrote:
wonder if Kemp was considered?

I did wonder about that, but sticking the kid in as a last-minute emergency tall might not have been the ideal intro to AFL. Or it could have been a fairytale, shrug.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:35 pm 
Banned

Kemp will be good for the team. But should be no rush - missed too much football.... but Kemp, Philp and Carrol should get pre season games.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:41 pm 
Robert Walls

BlueJean wrote:

Yep...injuries aside, it's just a rinse-repeat with conditional intensity and commitment in a structure-less maelstrom that on the ground defies the fact that there are 18 footballers against 18 other footballers...not sure where our players are but there's either half the team trying to tackle one player or not a player in sight during a chain of disposals

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:53 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

aboynamedsue wrote:
We are carrying a few conditional players. Setterfield, SPS & Williams are at the top of that list. They should give their match payments to Walsh & Weitering.

Not since Cain Ackland have I been as frustrated with a player as I am with Setterfield at the moment. The difference between his best (last year) and his worst (this year) is staggering.

His stark lack of intensity infuriates me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next