Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:12 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:22 am 
Geoff Southby

Yeah but we picked Clem Smith
What about this one
Lochie O’Brien
Pretty much everyone from pick 11 onwards

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:33 am 
Wayne Johnston

CK95 wrote:
BlueJean wrote:
I’ve bitten my tongue numerous times BV but Walsh really does seem clueless.

No way, thought he & Weiters were sensational today

Walsh hit the post too many times for my liking….

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:37 am 
Wayne Johnston

Did anyone notice the shirtfront on Dangerfield last night? I think it was Newness, I loved seeing it but I predict he’ll be rubbed out for 1-2 weeks for doing it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:38 am 
Craig Bradley

With our shit goalkicking, shit kicking going forward, where does that leaves Geelong. On face value (we know if they were goals the games changes but we'll run with it), if we kicked poorly for 6.10 instead of 2.14 at 3/4 time we'd be in front. No wonder a number of their fans said they were happy to just take the 4pts and move on.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:43 am 
Wayne Johnston

Geelong would have just lifted their intensity if we had kicked straighter, we still would have lost.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:48 am 
Harry Vallence

Carlton should be sponsored by VISA. At least when you've scored a diabolical 1.12 or 1.14 or whatever it was you should be able to go out and buy a goal.
That was woeful last night.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:53 am 
Craig Bradley

sinbagger wrote:
Geelong would have just lifted their intensity if we had kicked straighter, we still would have lost.
Hard to say. It would have been an edge of your seat game at least.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:34 pm 
Craig Bradley

sinbagger wrote:

Yeah we had a moment in the first qtr but Geelong played the game on their terms... 38 inside 50's won't win you many games, let alone against a top 5 team

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:51 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

WOW wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Put up a dam wall and hope it doesn't burst. If this is the type of football they wanted to play they should have kept Bolton.
On wet slippery nights you lose be 20 to 30 points on dry tracks you get belted.

This club needs to stop allowing the Monday night media commentary determining who we pick and who we play.

The players know the plan.
The forwards know they aren't going to get to many opportunities to kick goals so when they do get a chance the pressure is so much greater and that is why you see goal kicking like last night.

That was a massive step backwards yesterday.
Stkilda has been playing like this all season up until the bye . The last three weeks they changed it up.
Collingwood like this all year

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

I agree with your sentiments

Yesterday was Bolton era footy

Not sure why we are pleased with that

A big concern is the lack of output from our so called big name recruits who are offering nothing and will take up a big slice of our salary cap for a few years yet

They will need a rocket over the pre season, otherwise our list management will be restricted over the next few years

Not sure how Walsh will feel if his salary continues to be less than a player like Williams, who needs to show a lot more next year to justify his pay packet

Front loading Williams and Martin in their first 2 years will ease the burden. Its money we had and had to spend it or we'd lose that extra 5% of the 105% war chest 2 years in a row.

Walshy wil be looked after.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:54 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

aboynamedsue wrote:
Walsh wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Docherty
Charlie
Marchbank
Pittonet
Jones
Fisher
Cunningham
Gibbons (?)

Would have been nice today fit and firing.

Geelong had some fair outs this week too.

Cameron
Duncan
Selwood

A team can cope with 2-3 key players out especially when you are top four type team

We are missing too many key players to establish a playing style good enough to play finals.

Those 3 are pretty big names! Imagine being good enough to win comfortably with talent like that in the stands. Dahlhaus would walk into our team too.

Anyway, I agree with the main point - we have too many injuries. We need to be careful not to use it as a cop out though. Some of our problems have little or nothing to do with our injury list.

Dalhaus isn't the same player he was last year. He would struggle to fit in our team too if we had only 3-4 out injured.

The point is our injury list hurt us more than their injury list hurt them.

The main point

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:08 pm 
Ken Hunter

CK95 wrote:
BlueJean wrote:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:24 pm 
Bruce Doull

sinbagger wrote:

I reckon that would've been the case. Having said that my cats mates thought we kicked ourselves out of it

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:42 pm 
Rod Ashman

CK95 wrote:
BlueJean wrote:

I think thus is confusing sometimes because our best player's name is Walsh and our best poster's name is also Walsh. :garthp:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:01 pm 
Craig Bradley

Pros:

Team defence, until we had to take risks late in the game.
Walsh, Weiters, De Koning, SOJ, Plowman.
I like the way Cripps has been playing recently.

Cons:

Inaccuracy.
Body size compared to the opposition.
Small forwards were slaughtered.
Dangerfield again recklessly (almost) seriously injures one of our players.
Nowhere near enough from Martin, Betts, Fogarty, Setterfield, Dow and SPS.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:02 pm 
Rod Ashman

sinbagger wrote:

I disagree, but I don't have a crystal ball! At quarter time we should have been 6.1 and if those 3 turnovers hadn't occurred during the 1st quarter at crucial parts of the ground, then Geelong wouldn't have scored a goal. We owned the first quarter.

Also no-one has mentioned Plowman's game which given he barely came to Ratagolea's shoulder and is at least 10kg lighter I thought he was sensational. I thought Stocker had a shocker though but the post game review will provide him with plenty of learning opportunities. We clearly missed Jones and shows how desperate we are for another key back.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:20 pm 
Craig Bradley

Again more of the usual crap from Chris Scott. Carlton finally manages to hit the scoreboard with a few goals late (after countless misses). No credit to Sam Walsh or the opposition. But rather the game goes too long. :banghead:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:29 pm 
Craig Bradley

I don’t think Stocker has a shocker made some mistakes but is really developing well

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:27 pm 
Robert Walls

carntheblues wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

I disagree, but I don't have a crystal ball! At quarter time we should have been 6.1 and if those 3 turnovers hadn't occurred during the 1st quarter at crucial parts of the ground, then Geelong wouldn't have scored a goal. We owned the first quarter.

Also no-one has mentioned Plowman's game which given he barely came to Ratagolea's shoulder and is at least 10kg lighter I thought he was sensational. I thought Stocker had a shocker though but the post game review will provide him with plenty of learning opportunities. We clearly missed Jones and shows how desperate we are for another key back.

Isn't that just our DNA ctb?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:29 pm 
Robert Walls

sinbagger wrote:
CK95 wrote:
BlueJean wrote:

Walsh hit the post too many times for my liking….

It all makes sense now

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:59 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
WOW wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Put up a dam wall and hope it doesn't burst. If this is the type of football they wanted to play they should have kept Bolton.
On wet slippery nights you lose be 20 to 30 points on dry tracks you get belted.

This club needs to stop allowing the Monday night media commentary determining who we pick and who we play.

The players know the plan.
The forwards know they aren't going to get to many opportunities to kick goals so when they do get a chance the pressure is so much greater and that is why you see goal kicking like last night.

That was a massive step backwards yesterday.
Stkilda has been playing like this all season up until the bye . The last three weeks they changed it up.
Collingwood like this all year

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

I agree with your sentiments

Yesterday was Bolton era footy

Not sure why we are pleased with that

A big concern is the lack of output from our so called big name recruits who are offering nothing and will take up a big slice of our salary cap for a few years yet

They will need a rocket over the pre season, otherwise our list management will be restricted over the next few years

Not sure how Walsh will feel if his salary continues to be less than a player like Williams, who needs to show a lot more next year to justify his pay packet

Front loading Williams and Martin in their first 2 years will ease the burden. Its money we had and had to spend it or we'd lose that extra 5% of the 105% war chest 2 years in a row.

Walshy wil be looked after.

We should never overpay players who don’t deserve it. Don’t care how it’s structured.

It has been an issue since we bent over and paid Whitnall enourmous sums of money for happily putting on weight

Sets a bad example and a sense of entitlement

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next