Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:29 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:40 pm 
Harry Vallence

Worst game I've seen Setterfield play but watching Rozee, oops I mean Walsh strut his stuff was something else. Pretty much BOG in a losing team.

Pity we can't get a settled lineup. Jones and Caz were big losses for us. Yes they had 3 out but we can't afford losing any more players with the injury list that we have plus there's a few playing hurt.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:51 am 
Bruce Doull

BlueJean wrote:
I’ve bitten my tongue numerous times BV but Walsh really does seem clueless.

No way, thought he & Weiters were sensational today

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:14 am 
Bruce Doull

Blue Vain wrote:
I thought our defensive cohesion and intent was high quality and up to AFL standard.

I agree. Perhaps it's because this game officially closed the door on our season, but there's been a bit of an overreaction to the loss from some supporters IMO. Geelong are quite likely to play in the GF & they didn't absolutely belt us, at all. Our efforts were overall pretty good, but our execution in front of goal was infuriating. FWIW we got a bit lucky the other way against Freo last week, so there you go.

Stewart is a 2 x All Australian & a gun. Do supporters just expect us to quell every opposition star each week? Are Geelong spewing that Saad got 25?

Yes it's frustrating but for a side that lost its CHB & relief ruck on the day, I thought we acquitted ourselves pretty well. Having to use Cripps Weiters SOS in the ruck would not have been something we would have budgeted for this season, but we just adjusted.

The games this year that have killed me have been the ones where we've had 6, 7 or 8 absolute passengers, & I didn't think that was the case today.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:25 am 
Ken Hunter

CK95 wrote:
BlueJean wrote:
I’ve bitten my tongue numerous times BV but Walsh really does seem clueless.

No way, thought he & Weiters were sensational today

:lol: :clap:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:28 am 
Bruce Doull

CK95 wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
I thought our defensive cohesion and intent was high quality and up to AFL standard.

I agree. Perhaps it's because this game officially closed the door on our season, but there's been a bit of an overreaction to the loss from some supporters IMO. Geelong are quite likely to play in the GF & they didn't absolutely belt us, at all. Our efforts were overall pretty good, but our execution in front of goal was infuriating. FWIW we got a bit lucky the other way against Freo last week, so there you go.

Stewart is a 2 x All Australian & a gun. Do supporters just expect us to quell every opposition star each week? Are Geelong spewing that Saad got 25?

Yes it's frustrating but for a side that lost its CHB & relief ruck on the day, I thought we acquitted ourselves pretty well. Having to use Cripps Weiters SOS in the ruck would not have been something we would have budgeted for this season, but we just adjusted.

The games this year that have killed me have been the ones where we've had 6, 7 or 8 absolute passengers, & I didn't think that was the case today.

I should add though, if we lose to Collingwood I will EAT MY OWN SHIT

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:07 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

keogh wrote:
Setterfield hasn’t played for a month and is gifted a game and delivers turd of the highest order

Still working out how he pushed it out - as that usually requires a bit of intent.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:47 am 
Geoff Southby

Our midfield has not improved at all in 2021
Setterfield useless played on a wing and did SFA
Williams played as a floating HB
Average and some of his efforts tonight were softer than warm butter
Martin played mostly as a HF
He did play MF briefly in the third. So overrated
That fumble in the third was Pooh your pants time
These 3 guys cost us plenty still cost us plenty and were meant to be the midfield
Teague can’t trust them to play there
Our recruiting flowers up again
SPS played mostly forward
Once again some of his efforts were weak
Top 10 pick who can’t play midfield
Fogarty small forward
Totally hopeless
Another midfielder who can’t play midfield
Dow was average don’t hold your breath. The guy will be average at best. He lacks footy smarts and isn’t involved enough
Kennedy was marginally better

Geelong had no Selwood Duncan is fantastic and Dangerfield had a quiet won
But the Cats have
Guthrie
Higgins
Menegola
Parfitt
Smith
Even Miers, Holmes were more effective than the “ big names” at The Blues
And don’t forget Tuohy who we pretty much gave to Geelong for Smedts and a few rejects from GWS
I thought he played very well
The rucks were even Steven

We still have Walsh Curnow Cripps daylight the rest when it comes to our mids

Positives
DeKoning was ok
Newman ok
Saad
JSOS
Newnes stays in for another week although I reckon thats a negative

Hopefully Walsh gets 3 and Weitering gets 1 vote in the Brownlow
Stewart 2 votes
The next best player after Weitering
????

Our skill level is terrible
We make crucial errors at crucial times
Seriously Teague has to fast track Kemp Carroll Ramsay and Honey
I can cop blokes who arnt great skill wise but give a shit but not blokes who give only 75% effort

I also want JOS and Owies Stocker given goes as mids
They seem to give a crap
Teague has to try something different to support Cripps Curnow and Walsh

If this external doesn’t address the woeful recruiting and list management of the past 6 years and it’s conveyed to the members it’s a complete waste of time

Last edited by keogh on Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:01 am 
Banned

Lacking a top quality midfielder that gets hands on the ball to control the play with constant good decisions by hand and foot. Knows where and when to run to fill holes to receive and defend

Need to get someone like Tom Mitchell into this team to hit next level football.

Need to get all our best players out there to build cohesion but that midfield in terms of top four quality leaves alot to be desired.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:02 am 
Bob Chitty

im at abit of a loss to understand some of the comments here ...

i thought at times, we had great defensive structures in place, that really prevented their ball movement ... granted we couldnt keep it up for 4 quarters and that IMO is out biggest issue, and has been for the last 18 months, but the defensive structure was there at times.

you could see it with the way they where setting up ...

now, you could have the best defensive structures in the world, but if you cant execute the kick it matters naught. some of our skills at times where horrendous. 1 goal 14 points in unfathomable .. how can anyone blame that on the coach has my mystified.

i wasnt happy with the game yesterday, but i wasnt distraught either ... im not one to give up on players but SPS and Setterfield ... as much as i want them to succeed i just cant see. At least with Dow you can see that he is trying, and he shows the glimpses that if can adjust to the pass he will dominate ... doesnt always get it right, but he is having a crack (if i was DOW i would be watching tapes of Parish .. another who i didnt think could make it, but gee he must of the J. Watson vitamens ...)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:07 am 
Bob Chitty

CK95 wrote:
CK95 wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

I should add though, if we lose to Collingwood I will EAT MY OWN SHIT

agree, CK will eat his own shit.

(but i agree with the other statements as well, i thought we where okay against a side that is easily top 4

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:12 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Put up a dam wall and hope it doesn't burst. If this is the type of football they wanted to play they should have kept Bolton.
On wet slippery nights you lose be 20 to 30 points on dry tracks you get belted.

This club needs to stop allowing the Monday night media commentary determining who we pick and who we play.

The players know the plan.
The forwards know they aren't going to get to many opportunities to kick goals so when they do get a chance the pressure is so much greater and that is why you see goal kicking like last night.

That was a massive step backwards yesterday.
Stkilda has been playing like this all season up until the bye . The last three weeks they changed it up.
Collingwood like this all year

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:51 am 
Geoff Southby

Fun fact - Setterfield was pick #5 in the 2016 ND and Stewart was pick #40 in the same draft.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:55 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Here’s another fun fact Touk Miller was pick 29 in the 2014 Draft and Dylan Viojo-Rainbow was pick 28.

:lol:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:56 am 
Geoff Southby

AGRO wrote:
Here’s another fun fact Touk Miller was pick 29 in the 2014 Draft and Dylan Viojo-Rainbow was pick 28.

:lol:

Ouch. Very, very ouch.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:12 am 
Harry Vallence

Sydney Blue wrote:
Put up a dam wall and hope it doesn't burst. If this is the type of football they wanted to play they should have kept Bolton.
On wet slippery nights you lose be 20 to 30 points on dry tracks you get belted.

This club needs to stop allowing the Monday night media commentary determining who we pick and who we play.

The players know the plan.
The forwards know they aren't going to get to many opportunities to kick goals so when they do get a chance the pressure is so much greater and that is why you see goal kicking like last night.

That was a massive step backwards yesterday.
Stkilda has been playing like this all season up until the bye . The last three weeks they changed it up.
Collingwood like this all year

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

I agree with your sentiments

Yesterday was Bolton era footy

Not sure why we are pleased with that

A big concern is the lack of output from our so called big name recruits who are offering nothing and will take up a big slice of our salary cap for a few years yet

They will need a rocket over the pre season, otherwise our list management will be restricted over the next few years

Not sure how Walsh will feel if his salary continues to be less than a player like Williams, who needs to show a lot more next year to justify his pay packet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:23 am 
Banned

Skill execution and a lack of link up player between mids and deep forwards didn't help and probably needed to defend more than usual considering the talent that was missing.

But don't believe this is the game plan just slipped into a plan B type scenario due to lack of personnel executing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:00 am 
Geoff Southby

2014 AFL draft
Pick 60 Clem Smith
Pick 61 Harris Andrews

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:04 am 
Craig Bradley

We all get the performance in part was better but did show the last 2 matches against fairly ordinary opposition didn’t mean much
Frustrating part is that every loss we find new ways to lose and we can never string more than 2 winning games together
Once again a defeat to Geelong maybe not happy but having said that they must win next week against Collingwood no if’s or buts or we didn’t start well etc etc

Need to win and win well for a change
Players who aren’t fit Martin and Cripps should not play

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:12 am 
Geoff Southby

2016 National draft
Pick 59 Polson
Pick 60 Narkle(can play )
Pick 65 Kerr
Pick 73 Larkey

The torture continues :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:20 am 
Garry Crane

keogh wrote:
2014 AFL draft
Pick 60 Clem Smith
Pick 61 Harris Andrews

Good one Trev
Harris Andrews was part of the Lions academy
By all means be a revisionist but try and stay accurate and balanced

How's your love child Shane gone the last few weeks?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next