Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:14 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:26 pm 
Ken Hands

I was about to go to that game, it would have been my first game there, but decided not to go last minute. Boy was I happy with that decision.
I recall how filthy the dogs players were when Arceri kicked that goal....his ex- teammates too!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:30 pm 
Geoff Southby

dablues wrote:
I was about to go to that game, it would have been my first game there, but decided not to go last minute. Boy was I happy with that decision.
I recall how filthy the dogs players were when Arceri kicked that goal....his ex- teammates too!

Did Arceri play with the Dogs? I don’t think so. I’m pretty sure he came to us from North.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:35 pm 
Ken Hands

aboynamedsue wrote:
dablues wrote:

Did Arceri play with the Dogs? I don’t think so. I’m pretty sure he came to us from North.

I think you are correct. Memory is not what it used to be. Maybe I’m confusing him with Matthew Hogg.
He came from the dogs, no?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:48 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Hogg - dogs
Arceri - north

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:32 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
ColourMan wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
WOW wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Put up a dam wall and hope it doesn't burst. If this is the type of football they wanted to play they should have kept Bolton.
On wet slippery nights you lose be 20 to 30 points on dry tracks you get belted.

This club needs to stop allowing the Monday night media commentary determining who we pick and who we play.

The players know the plan.
The forwards know they aren't going to get to many opportunities to kick goals so when they do get a chance the pressure is so much greater and that is why you see goal kicking like last night.

That was a massive step backwards yesterday.
Stkilda has been playing like this all season up until the bye . The last three weeks they changed it up.
Collingwood like this all year

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

I agree with your sentiments

Yesterday was Bolton era footy

Not sure why we are pleased with that

A big concern is the lack of output from our so called big name recruits who are offering nothing and will take up a big slice of our salary cap for a few years yet

They will need a rocket over the pre season, otherwise our list management will be restricted over the next few years

Not sure how Walsh will feel if his salary continues to be less than a player like Williams, who needs to show a lot more next year to justify his pay packet

Front loading Williams and Martin in their first 2 years will ease the burden. Its money we had and had to spend it or we'd lose that extra 5% of the 105% war chest 2 years in a row.

Walshy wil be looked after.

That’s not correct….

Isn't it? Tell me more, and I will add the following.

Do you know we had enough money to go for another player too, but we gave away Pick 8.
Where do you think that extra money we had saved to get us to 105% salary cap went when we didn't go for the extra player?

Martin the year before, and Williams this year.

Its our modus operandi.
Media always asking questions about our cap, telling you we are tight...Cripps was front loaded year after year because the money had to go to someone. We weren't going to front load peripheral players, after all, they were not a financial burden, they are depth or seat warmers.

We did go after another player, that was public knowledge, the offer/the player aligned with our salary cap situation… it was a small contract offer

Your post talks about easing the burden…

Try adding up all our bloated contracts…

I’m sure you have great sources

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:32 am 
Rod Ashman

kezza wrote:
Walsh scored a perfect 10 votes from the coaches.

Walsh will win the Brownlow this year. When you're BOG in a losing team then it's going to happen.

He is streets ahead in our MVP.

Bontempelli, Oliver, Wines, Petracca, Parish, Macrae are not as good as our Sammy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:45 am 
Harry Vallence

sinbagger wrote:
bluehammer wrote:
Arceri at the kennel

OMG that brings back bad memories

I Was there. Cold and wet, I think we kicked the first couple of behinds. What a slog. Required a big kick from Aceri, lucky.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:00 am 
Bruce Doull

bluehammer wrote:
Me too. Never again.

Blues took your advice.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:06 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Important information

Sharnelle Vella
@SharnelleVella
·
1m
The MCG link:
The man in his 60s from the apartments went to the MCG.

Here’s the info:

Tier 2

Level 2 of MCC Members' Reserve, Carlton v Geelong game
Exposure period
10/07/2021 4:00pm - 8:00pm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:13 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Richmond
Level 2 of MCC Members' Reserve, Carlton v Geelong game
Melbourne Cricket Ground, Brunton Ave, Richmond
Richmond VIC 3002
10/07/2021 4:00pm - 8:00pm Case attended game. Some staff and patrons present will be made Tier 1 primary close contacts, and will be directly contacted by the Department of Health. 14/07/2021 11:00am
Tier 2 - Get tested urgently and isolate until you have a negative result
Anyone who has visited this location during these times should urgently get tested, then isolate until confirmation of a negative result. Continue to monitor for symptoms, get tested again if symptoms appear.

Richmond
MCG, Carlton v Geelong game (excluding Level 2 of MCC Members' Reserve)
Melbourne Cricket Ground, Brunton Ave, Richmond
Richmond VIC 3002
10/07/2021 4:00pm - 8:00pm Case attended game. 14/07/2021 11:00am
Tier 3 - Monitor for symptoms
Anyone who has visited this location during these times should monitor for symptoms - If symptoms develop, immediately get tested and isolate until you receive a negative result.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:14 pm 
Ken Hunter

Great, not only did we have to watch the crap game we now have been to an exposure site.
I hope these removalists get the book thrown at them.
This is just so unfair.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:19 pm 
Bruce Doull

I'm more pissed off with the NSW government for letting it run.

But that's a conversation for the other thread :grin:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:32 pm 
Ken Hunter

CK95 wrote:
I'm more pissed off with the NSW government for letting it run.

But that's a conversation for the other thread :grin:

Their gold standard stuff up.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:37 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

kezza wrote:
Walsh scored a perfect 10 votes from the coaches.

Somebody better tell the Herald Sun Journo that no one in the football world agrees with her bias votes for the game vs Cats.

She gave her 3 votes to Cats defender Stewart for his 26 possession game floating in the Cats backline with no opponent whilst Walsh has his 36 possessions, 7 score assists, 2 goals, 15 contested possessions, and at the other end of the ground, Weitering's demolition of Hawkins was considered the best performance by a key backman this year. Hawkins hasn't been kept scoreless this year.

I don't think she watched the game TBH.

Herald Sun, whilst AFL reporting is run by bias Effendopes* supporting journo Robbo, the write ups will always be rubbish and bias.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:40 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
Useless trivia: his daughter is dating Lachie Fogarty

Chris Scott???

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:05 pm 
Bruce Doull

Mark Arceri's daughter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:48 pm 
Ken Hunter

Did anyone who attended this game receive a txt about being at an exposure site?
I have received nothing
There have been another 2 cases from the game today.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:53 pm 
Harry Vallence

kezza wrote:
Did anyone who attended this game receive a txt about being at an exposure site?
I have received nothing

Got a text message from DHHS at 1626 yesterday. I had heard from my wife 2 hours previously who doesn’t even follow football that there were 2 cases from Level 2 MCC members, where she had heard I had been sitting. I was half way through my clinic at the RCH yesterday, decided I’d better up and leave, headed for the COVID clinic, jumped the queue, pushed some little kids with runny noses out of the way, got tested and went home. Got my result in 6 hours. There were 2000 people on the MCC balcony level 2 who received tier 2 notifications to get tested immediately and quarantine pending a negative result.
So that’s now 4 cases from Level 2, with notifications 4 days after the event.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:23 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

All levels are now being treated as tier 2...isolate, get tested and keep isolating until result

(I know a few that were level one and they have received the updated texts)

Go Blues

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:05 am 
Stephen Kernahan

RickJ wrote:
kezza wrote:
I have received nothing

Got a text message from DHHS at 1626 yesterday. I had heard from my wife 2 hours previously who doesn’t even follow football that there were 2 cases from Level 2 MCC members, where she had heard I had been sitting. I was half way through my clinic at the RCH yesterday, decided I’d better up and leave, headed for the COVID clinic, jumped the queue, pushed some little kids with runny noses out of the way, got tested and went home. Got my result in 6 hours. There were 2000 people on the MCC balcony level 2 who received tier 2 notifications to get tested immediately and quarantine pending a negative result.
So that’s now 4 cases from Level 2, with notifications 4 days after the event.

Hopefully your result came back negative Rick.
The health department spend too much time patting each other on the back instead of doing their job. I heard an interview yesterday with a person who had the 60 year old guy from the units at his home for lunch on Friday. ( the unfortunate guy who appears to be the one infecting most people).
As of yesterday, he hadn't heard from the health department and had not been able to contact them. Abysmal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next