Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:07 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:08 pm 
Rod Ashman

I have an idea. How about we play people where they best play? Docherty to the backline and Stoker to the middle.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:44 pm 
Harry Vallence

Did you say Fisher in the ruck?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:56 pm 
Rod Ashman

Nick wrote:

I don't know. Re-read my post.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:23 am 
Banned

B: Plowman Jones Newman
HB: Williams Weitering Saad
C: Docherty Stocker Williamson
HF: Fogarty McKay Fisher
F: Silvagni Cripps Owies
R: Pitto Kennedy Walsh
IC: Ed, TDK, Martin, Betts
E: Murphy, Casboult, Setterfield Dow, SPS,

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:49 am 
Harry Vallence

malbi wrote:
Nick wrote:

I don't know. Re-read my post.

Yes mirkov went down In the reserves and fisher can replace as long as he ain’t In the seniors

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:14 am 
Ken Hunter

^ has Williamson been any good in the ressies? If not, I wouldn't give him a game. He's had plenty of tastes, we know his weaknesses, it's up to him to show more.

I'd also drop Martin for a couple of games to get fit, and also consider "managing" Newman, who was great before the injuries but struggling now. We need more athleticism at the back.

I'd have Dow, SPS and Honey for those three. Means Stocker stays in defence a little longer, which is fine.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:09 am 
Bruce Doull

Really need Plowman back in the side. His importance to the team couldn't have been more obvious over the last few weeks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:19 am 
Craig Bradley

Give it a break with Dow walshy if only you applied the same standards to the coach whose press conference talking about holes in the middle defensively was embarrassing and after 13 weeks acknowledges defence is a problem

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:19 am 
Banned

GreatEx wrote:
^ has Williamson been any good in the ressies? If not, I wouldn't give him a game. He's had plenty of tastes, we know his weaknesses, it's up to him to show more.

I'd also drop Martin for a couple of games to get fit, and also consider "managing" Newman, who was great before the injuries but struggling now. We need more athleticism at the back.

I'd have Dow, SPS and Honey for those three. Means Stocker stays in defence a little longer, which is fine.

Williamson has been solid. Nothing that would yell out recall. But we are lacking running power down the wings and he brings it in spades.

Like to give him a chance has perfect build and fitness base to play in that position. Good in the air, good footskills and good endurance and can be very aggressive.

We are getting slaughtered to a pulp on the outside and have nothing to give the opposition to think about on the wings when we have the ball.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:21 am 
Banned

frank dardew wrote:
Give it a break with Dow walshy if only you applied the same standards to the coach whose press conference talking about holes in the middle defensively was embarrassing and after 13 weeks acknowledges defence is a problem

He isnt AFL standard - needs game time in VFL until he could be useful because at the minute he is no where near it and had his chances. Time for Dow to earn his spot in the team and give someone else a go.

Last edited by Walsh on Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:23 am 
Ken Hunter

Quote:
He is isnt AFL standard .

Make up your mind! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:24 am 
Banned

Sorry - Morning itis - fixed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:35 am 
Craig Bradley

Deflection deflection alert complete rubbish he is of AFL standard but hasn’t been developed properly at another team he would be flourishing like a lot of our young players
And who is responsible in part for development his coaches

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:41 am 
Banned

frank dardew wrote:
Deflection deflection alert complete rubbish he is of AFL standard but hasn’t been developed properly at another team he would be flourishing like a lot of our young players
And who is responsible in part for development his coaches

Deflection my left cheek - H, Weitering and Walsh are AA quality. Owies has been managed to perfection. Stocker has been managed to perfection Fisher has been constantly injured - SPS needs to improve his game - LOB needs to improve his game - more quality youngsters on the way - Kemp, Carrol, Philp and all need time that Dow and SPS wasn't afforded.

Nothing to do with development when the player has the physical attributes but lacks skill and mental attributes. Can't force him to play good football when he clearly is unable to. Nothing wrong with improving his game in the VFL to be a useful contributor as at this minute he simply isn't.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:59 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Dow and SPS were given plenty of time by Bolton but not by Teague, and SPS was then tried to ge developed into something he’s not ie a half back flanker.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:06 am 
Banned

AGRO wrote:
Dow and SPS were given plenty of time by Bolton but not by Teague, and SPS was then tried to ge developed into something he’s not ie a half back flanker.

Gifting them games isn't development. Thats just hoping they eventually turn into good players. They actually played games without senior bodies around them and where constantly 12 posession players under Bolton. The price you pay for gifting 18 year old bodies AFL games and expect them to come good without proper development.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:18 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Walsh wrote:
where constantly 12 posession players under Bolton.

Rounds 1-11 (under Bolton) SPS averaged 19.72 disposals

Rounds 1-11 (under Bolton) Dow averaged 17.45 disposals

You may recall that SPS received 2 Brownlow votes for his 35 disposal, 7 clearance, 15 contested possession game against the Bulldogs in round 5.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:21 am 
Craig Bradley

Yep both have gone backwards under the present regime and it is an indictment on them as each have talent
Both boys need to take control of careers but surely coaches should be providing the environment for players to develop and thrive

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:23 am 
Craig Bradley

And just before there is any confusion by development we are not just talking about getting games
Almost more important is what is done in preseason and during the week to instil confidence

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:30 am 
Banned

Effes wrote:
Walsh wrote:
where constantly 12 posession players under Bolton.

Rounds 1-11 (under Bolton) SPS averaged 19.72 disposals

Rounds 1-11 (under Bolton) Dow averaged 17.45 disposals

You may recall that SPS received 2 Brownlow votes for his 35 disposal, 7 clearance, 15 contested possession game against the Bulldogs in round 5.

This is true. But werent tackling averaging about 2 tackles per game and a few clangers but nothing serious his tackling game actually dropped off by ~20% in 2019 compared to 2018. Inside 50 to Goal Assist was poor. He was under developed and shouldnt have been gifted games.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next