Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 8:48 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:29 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Hopefully Docherty is the 7th defender and not SPS
Will Harry be the relieving ruck?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:35 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Which Carlton will turn up on the day.

I haven't been so flat about a Carlton game since before Bolton days TBH.

I wonder if a win will spark me up? Doubt it, but I'll embrace it and celebrate.

I need 3 wins in a row to get excited...well really really excited.

I'll take a win

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:53 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:

Doubt it, maybe Cripps will for a bit of 'fun'.
:grin:

Last edited by Sidefx on Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:53 pm 
Harry Vallence

frank dardew wrote:
Murphy and Newnes very lucky in my view

Great to see we are rewarding a young kid like josh honey !!

What are we telling this kid !!

Williams was Luther at this week across the competition, with no intent and laziness

Newnes and Murphy no intent , or has Murphy worked that out in one week in the reserves !!

Shameful football club ,,,,, and their selections this week

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:15 pm 
Banned

Hilarious seeing how salty Murph makes people

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:18 pm 
Ken Hunter

Just heard on the news that the players had to isolate and get tested because we played in Sydney last week.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:29 pm 
Rod Ashman

Walsh wrote:

He’s done. The fact the club is gifting him games when the season is a bust speaks volumes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:04 pm 
Harry Vallence

DesEnglish wrote:
Walsh wrote:

He’s done. The fact the club is gifting him games when the season is a bust speaks volumes

Clearly honey doesn’t stir anyone’s pot at the blues

How many weeks left for the Teague train to finally crash and get to its last ststion and take muphy with him !!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:17 pm 
Banned

azzablue wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:
Walsh wrote:

How many weeks left for the Teague train to finally crash and get to its last ststion and take muphy with him !!

I would have liked to see Honey and his time will come. Needs to get involved a little bit more and reckon he will be a stayer. Murphy is ahead for his experience and clean use of the ball.
You will get a guaranteed 2-3 tackles and a goal or goal assist out of Murphy and 15 + touches. Honey not there yet.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:24 pm 
Harry Vallence

Walsh wrote:
azzablue wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:
Walsh wrote:

I would have liked to see Honey and his time will come. Needs to get involved a little bit more and reckon he will be a stayer. Murphy is ahead for his experience and clean use of the ball.
You will get a guaranteed 2-3 tackles and a goal or goal assist out of Murphy and 15 + touches. Honey not there yet.

HAhaa now that’s the funniest thing i have read in Long time , thanks mate !! I needed that!!

Lmao

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:51 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I could be wrong but is this the first game where all 5 indigenous boys have played together

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:11 pm 
Ken Hunter

Walsh wrote:

I for one hate the disrespect shown by our supporters towards a club great. I just feel he deserves better.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:33 pm 
Geoff Southby

SurreyBlue wrote:
Walsh wrote:

I for one hate the disrespect shown by our supporters towards a club great. I just feel he deserves better.

He certainly does Suzz.................a lot better.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:57 pm 
Bruce Doull

Blue Vain wrote:

Was thinking that....which shoulder is his dodgy one?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:38 am 
Laurie Kerr

The Adelaide players will be fighting over who gets to play on murphy and sps. It will be an easy day for whoever draws those straws.
Murphy is a galaxy far far away from being an all time carlton legend. Hes done SFA in a team thats been crap his whole career, which maybee made him look better than he is (to some).
I dont even think Carlton 1st's could beat a well coached VFL team at this point
Adelaide by 6 goals.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:28 am 
Bob Chitty

carntheblues wrote:
azzablue wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
O'Brien is a genuine wingman who runs the lines and takes the game on. We are crying out for wingman who can run and carry. I don't buy that he doesn't run defensively. I cannot see how we don't play this guy and SpS on the wings. Just ridiculous stubborn selections to have the likes of Cottrell and Newnes playing ahead of these 2 guys, just because they run many kilometers.......really????

Clearly you haven’t watched O’Brien play in the reserves , who has no impact at vfl level

If he can make it as a afl player , they will definitely write songs about him !!

If he can't be in our best in the reserves how can he be picked in the firsts. Has showed very little in the reserves all year and clearly has no hunger to make it in the AFL. This is one I agree that SOS got wrong. Waste of time selecting him.

Agree that he isn't showing enough in vfl (watched some games in person) and his ball use has too often been poor, even though his foot skills can be sublime. But he does work incredibly hard.
I strongly disagree that anyone here is in a position to say "he clearly has no hunger to make it".
But it looks over for him if they still choose Murphy and Newnes ahead of him.
Could be a decent role player in a good side: so never a pick 10. Pity, I liked him.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:30 am 
Bob Chitty

Bluetears wrote:
The Adelaide players will be fighting over who gets to play on murphy and sps. It will be an easy day for whoever draws those straws.
Murphy is a galaxy far far away from being an all time carlton legend. Hes done SFA in a team thats been crap his whole career, which maybee made him look better than he is (to some).
I dont even think Carlton 1st's could beat a well coached VFL team at this point
Adelaide by 6 goals.

Yes, no one is uncomfortable playing us at the moment.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:57 am 
Harry Vallence

Bluetears wrote:
Adelaide by 6 goals.

And the crows will also be hanging out to play on the doc and Williams !!

Geez if we win tomorrow it will be fair effort considering how many players we are carrying , and the crows were the wooden spooners of last year and are now above us this year

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:53 am 
Laurie Kerr

azzablue wrote:
Bluetears wrote:
Adelaide by 6 goals.

And the crows will also be hanging out to play on the doc and Williams !!

Geez if we win tomorrow it will be fair effort considering how many players we are carrying , and the crows were the wooden spooners of last year and are now above us this year

Yeah. We have huge holes from one half back, both wings, and one half forward. Probably why the opposition can give such good delivery to their forwards compared to our crap bomb ins under (percieved) pressure..
Adelaide have more determination than is, especially in front of their home crowd.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:16 am 
Bob Chitty

Seriously who do they expect to give TDK a chop-out in the ruck? Risk HMAc - hell no. Jones needed down back you would think - otherwise he'd be my suggestion. That leave Cripps and Silvagni - neither more than an emergency chop-out in my view. I accept there is no-one in the 2s that could come in given Levi's suspension (shocking timing) and Mirkov's injury (not that he isn't a million miles off ready for AFL but needs must). But that is where the MC has to think laterally. Can't find a ruckman? Then find a key defender and release Jones. Kemp may not be ready but you could find out. Parks may not be up to it but at least he gives a crack. Williamson has been playing third tall down back in the 2s. Or play Silvagni down back - at least he has discipline and endeavour. Any of those moves could free up Jones to play forward where he spent most of his admittedly disappointing early career and provide TDK with relief in the ruck. Jones may not be an AFL quality forward but he is closer than many on the list and I reckon could be interesting as a running ruckman in short bursts. But given the restraints we have I guess it will be Cripps and TDK as ruck and ruckrover with Kennedy relieving Cripps and Cripps relieving TDK as needed.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next