Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:06 am 
Rod Ashman

pros
none

cons
weak efforts and lazy chases
give our opponents 3-4 meters to the ball
guard the wrong space, for instance 5 meters behind the man on the mark, multiples guarding the same space while leaving free others
jog to defend
call for the ball to the detriment of the team, no !@#$% idea
multiple broken tackles
no outside pack representation for restricting opposition run
disgusting skills even under no or little pressure
no responsibility for goal kicking, afraid to have a kick for goal
crowding the forward line with midgets who think they are kp players
rucks just cannot find our mids

i know i have missed a few issues but it is just pathetic
we really have !@#$% up this year

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:07 am 
Robert Walls

Walsh wrote:
I'll go even deeper than dropping Dow to revitalise this inept midfield. Midfield needs to be nuked from those that are not up to it due to tackling pressure , poor skills, poor ball hunting skills and all round not up to a standard to go up against mediocre midfields of the competition

Ball butchers and Poor performers Paddy Dow is not the only one but that performance was very poor. Ed Curnow was no better mind you but trust Ed more than Paddy that hasn't got the credits yet and not quite sure whether he ever will.

What...than the hole you've already dug for yourself defending Teague??? You should be working for Rio Tinto

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:07 am 
Rod Ashman

99prelim wrote:
Walsh wrote:
I'll go even deeper than dropping Dow to revitalise this inept midfield. Midfield needs to be nuked from those that are not up to it due to tackling pressure , poor skills, poor ball hunting skills and all round not up to a standard to go up against mediocre midfields of the competition

Ball butchers and Poor performers Paddy Dow is not the only one but that performance was very poor. Ed Curnow was no better mind you but trust Ed more than Paddy that hasn't got the credits yet and not quite sure whether he ever will.

What...than the hole you've already dug for yourself defending Teague??? You should be working for Rio Tinto

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:10 am 
Banned

99prelim wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Well if you can absolutely guarantee a better replacement then I am all ears. I am happy to defend Teague to the tilt as stability and progress to the club is more important than hurting your cry baby estrogenic emotions.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:11 am 
Robert Walls

Walsh wrote:
99prelim wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Drop Dow not good enough needs time and weakening an already weak midfield.

Doesnt get his hands on the ball enough and shows very little class.

Kennedy needs to keep going and at the right age to step up. Suspect he can follow it up - hopefully he surprises.

Out : Dow Parks Martin

Drop Dow he says! You’re hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He also says that nothing will be achieved by clearing out the coaches box...that's not hilarious, it's either insane or bordering on troll-some

Yeah well I am not your weak supporter - I stand by the club not some knobs that want to nuke the club every second year because it doesn't meet your unrealistic expectations.

If I actually respected your opinion, I'd call you out on the personal comments because it would bother me...carry on

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:23 am 
Ken Hunter

It sucks being a Carlton supporter at the moment.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:45 am 
Harry Vallence

redback wrote:
pros
none

cons
weak efforts and lazy chases
give our opponents 3-4 meters to the ball
guard the wrong space, for instance 5 meters behind the man on the mark, multiples guarding the same space while leaving free others
jog to defend
call for the ball to the detriment of the team, no !@#$% idea
multiple broken tackles
no outside pack representation for restricting opposition run
disgusting skills even under no or little pressure
no responsibility for goal kicking, afraid to have a kick for goal
crowding the forward line with midgets who think they are kp players
rucks just cannot find our mids

i know i have missed a few issues but it is just pathetic
we really have !@#$% up this year

Carlton have become unwatchable ...... by far the worst team in the comp

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:04 am 
Ken Hunter

I'd say the pros were Kennedy, Pittonet and the fact that the only person in the league who can stop Harry McKay is Harry McKay... so drop Harry McKay and we'll be unstoppable.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:14 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

redback wrote:
pros
none

Kennedy and Stocker played well.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:23 am 
Rod Ashman

Humpers wrote:
redback wrote:
pros
none

Kennedy and Stocker played well.

You are right Humpers, Kennedy did and i really like Stocker but as a team and a coaching group we fail miserably.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:35 am 
Horrie Clover

Blue Vain wrote:
We are abysmal defensively. Not our back 6 but our system when the opposition have the ball. I posted it after our previous game and we have done nothing to rectify it. Opposition teams pull our zone apart with ease. Our players have no concept of how to recognise/defend the dangerous space. We allow teams to create space and to easily use it.
If I could see any attempt to solve the issues I'd walk away with some hope but it's groundhog day and has been all season.
I read that Teague offered to walk (sounds like nonsense to me) but if he did, sack whoever talked him out of it.

We have a player who less than 2 years ago was voted by the AFL players as the best player in the game. Another who was an All Australian and was one of the most damaging half backs in the AFL for 3 consecutive years. They are a shadow of themselves. They are almost liabilities to the team. We have too many players who are playing outside their skillset and lacking understanding of their role. That is an indictment on the coaching group.
I rate Teague as a person and nothing would make me happier than to see him succeed. But he needs to perform. It's an elite sporting organisation and he's floundering at the moment.

I feel for players like Jack Silvagni. He is a very limited player but I tell you what, he gives a @#$%&!. He hates losing and I can see he is becoming increasingly frustrated by our situation. Not just the losing but the regression of the team.

this is absolutely on the money. And the frustrating thing about watching us trying to play zone defence is not only that it obviously doesn't work with the group he's got but that the most recent winning teams don't use it - they've moved to full chase, hunt and kill team defences. Our zone is like setting witches hat lanes for the opp forward to channel through.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:17 am 
Ken Hunter

I am watching the Sunday footy show.
Matthew Lloyd was talking about Carlton and looked like he was quite emotional.
Tony Jones summed it up perfectly. He simply said Carlton supporters have had a gutful.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:24 am 
Ken Hunter

Reading social media today and last night and it is obvious Carlton supporters have had enough.
Last nights game was deflating and almost the final straw for some people.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:43 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

MPH78 wrote:
Jones is now one of my least favourite players. Prone to absolute howlers that directly cost goals and goes to ground and therefore out of the contest way too often. Liabilities outweigh the assets for mine.

He is not a disciplined backman/ footballer.

Plays Russian Roulette on the last line.

Can't afford to play an undisciplined player.

If Teague can't coach that weakness out of him, then both need to be replaced.

If anything, Jones might make a 3rd tall if he can't stick to his man ALL GAME, not when he picks and chooses.

Jones cost us MORE than the 5 goals his direct opponent kicked.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:45 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

jake_h03 wrote:
Are you David Teague’s mum? Can’t imagine a single other person in the world who would be able to defend the shit we are being served up so staunchly

Have to agree with this post.

Walshy, it doesn't make sense to look at the positives of Teague when the negatives far outweigh the positives.

He can't motivate.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:47 am 
Geoff Southby

Tale of the tape really aint it.Stats don't lie.Simply not enough blokes getting enough of the ball.
P itto battled hard as he always does.Battler for sure,but shit he's honest.Matt Kennedy great game.I'll be honest,i'm a doubter,but without doubt the best game i have seen him play for us.Cemented his spot for the rest of the year on that performance alone...............our bottom six where woeful ( Newness,Parks,Jack,Fogarty,Eddie,Martin ).Virtually no contribution whatsoever.Too many passengers.But its not all there fault coz the lack of system and teamwork was deplorable.They all look confused to me.No cohesion whatsoever.............worst of all is the lack of feeling amongst the players.Camaradrie they call it...............faaark,even i'm getting demoralised and it takes a fair whack to dint me.................

Nah,the club is bleeding............The board need an investigation of themselves before the footy dept..........just a whitewash for the real culprits...........its ridiculous........twenty five years of crap........i understand you can't have it good all the time,but twenty five years ?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:52 am 
Banned

bondiblue wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Are you David Teague’s mum? Can’t imagine a single other person in the world who would be able to defend the shit we are being served up so staunchly

Have to agree with this post.

Walshy, it doesn't make sense to look at the positives of Teague when the negatives far outweigh the positives.

He can't motivate.

There is no evidence he cant motivate. Even last night after being beaten up in the middle the team fought back to come within two goals with 15 minutes remaining in the last. Showed good fighting spirit despite all our flaws.

Just need to accept the fact GWS midfield had superior talent that have been playing together for few years. Thats where we need to get to.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:58 am 
Craig Bradley

No evidence he can motivate sorry 4-13 suggests that unfortunately
The fact that they couldn’t produce a performance after all the heat on them damning

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:59 am 
Banned

frank dardew wrote:
No evidence he can motivate sorry 4-13 suggests that unfortunately
The fact that they couldn’t produce a performance after all the heat on them damning

Maybe they did play to their potential but GWS was too talented and too good?

We were wooden spooners 1.5 years ago

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:00 pm 
Craig Bradley

Cons:

Conceded over 100 points again.
It's been obvious for about a month that the players no longer believe in the coaching panel. Playing without confidence or belief. Even an 'external review' couldn't generate any response.
Defensive/tackling pressure.
Earlier in the year we could at least move the ball forward. Can't even do that now. We've got some real 'outside' weapons in Martin, Fisher, Saad, Williams, Docherty and Newman. But the coaches seem clueless on how to exploit them.
Maybe it's the change in midfield coach/strategy, but there were a lot of strange handballs out of clearances.
Other than one terrific centre clearance in the 3rd time, Dow refuses to kick the ball. Kept handballing to disadvantage.
If we're not going to play extra numbers behind the ball like every other team. Then I'm not sure there's a place for Newman. He can't defend. He's just too slow.

Pros:

Kennedy, Stocker, Owies, Harry.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next