Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:12 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:45 am 
Garry Crane

WOW wrote:
The recruitment of Betts is an example of a club that has lost its way

Thank you! Absolutely spot on.

I said it first when there was a rumour he was coming back. FFS, what a ridiculously panicked, myopic decision.

I would have loved to have been in that meeting (obviously Marketing department personnel only because they run the club without fear or favour). No doubt the person who suggested it received a raise and a promotion - we are THAT incompetent.

Oh, and @WOW - we both forgot to preface our comments by saying, “I love Eddie but …” [eye roll]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:14 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bender wrote:
Walsh wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Drop Dow not good enough needs time and weakening an already weak midfield.

Doesnt get his hands on the ball enough and shows very little class.

Kennedy needs to keep going and at the right age to step up. Suspect he can follow it up - hopefully he surprises.

Out : Dow Parks Martin

Drop Dow he says! You’re hilarious

Considering he had no tags on him and couldnt get his hands on the football its an absolute no brainer. He is a liability. When he finds VFL not a challenge because he is too good for it then he can play AFL again for the time being he is not good enough.

seriously????? did he kick your cat or something???? are you blaming him for the loss, while you let others off scott free????? interesting to see what you thought of fog's game, or doc's, or martin's....

Nah. He knows Dow isn't the problem. It's a case of "look over there" to deflect your attention from the real problem.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:39 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bender wrote:
i want walsh as captain. he will provide inspiration for a long, long time. cripps and doc dont have it anymore

Walsh the player? Or Walsh the poster?

If the latter, at least we know he'd play for the coach.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:41 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bluehammer wrote:
bender wrote:
i want walsh as captain. he will provide inspiration for a long, long time. cripps and doc dont have it anymore

Walsh the player? Or Walsh the poster?

If the latter, at least we know he'd play for the coach.

Champagne comedy.gif

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:42 am 
Geoff Southby

Tonight Walsh was tagged out of it Cripps had an average game. Who stepped up. Kennedy. That’s it
Midfield is woeful.
Recruiting

You have Docherty captain
Williams on huge money sad on huge money
You play Newman on the guy who is the most dangerous in Green.

Jack Martin is so lazy
Fogarty is average

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:47 am 
Harry Vallence

Without the ball, there are two options you can find a man, or find the relevant space to fill, amazingly we take option three: hide and point.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:48 am 
Banned

I'll go even deeper than dropping Dow to revitalise this inept midfield. Midfield needs to be nuked from those that are not up to it due to tackling pressure , poor skills, poor ball hunting skills and all round not up to a standard to go up against mediocre midfields of the competition

Ball butchers and Poor performers Paddy Dow is not the only one but that performance was very poor. Ed Curnow was no better mind you but trust Ed more than Paddy that hasn't got the credits yet and not quite sure whether he ever will.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:04 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Bookie wrote:
Without the ball, there are two options you can find a man, or find the relevant space to fill, amazingly we take option three: hide and point.
Hey that's a bit harsh bookie, we actually lead the league in pointing.

Some of our pointers have really stepped up this year and are having career best pointing numbers.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:11 am 
Rod Ashman

jake_h03 wrote:
Blue4ever wrote:
Walsh wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Best thing about this loss is it’s one step closer to blowing up the entire coaching box and starting from scratch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great so what do you believe that will achieve?

I'm tipping it will be better than the crap we are getting now Walshy!

I'd love a coach that shows passion, have a look at the coaches of the top sides, what do they have in common? Even the oldest coach going around, Fagan shows passion. Our coach looks like he is sedated and it seems it reflects our team.

Exactly! Have a look what happened at Brisbane when they brought Fagan in. Bottom of the ladder with a massive culture problem with all their young kids wanting out. Brought in a STRONG leader in Fagan and they’ve been top 4 ever since.

You can’t just keep standing for this shit we’re dishing up. Teague has shown ZERO improvement in his 2 years, in fact we’re regressing.

Time to go

:clap:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:18 am 
Rod Ashman

GreatEx wrote:
choo wrote:
Out Martin tdk Dow parks fisher newnes
In honey Levi Carroll plow Ramsay Murphy

TDK didn't have a great one tonight but surely he has to play out the season? Lot of upside, and Levi needs a spell to get fully fit (unlike most here, I still think Levi has value).

Parks has escaped scrutiny tonight but I thought he was dreadful, seemed to lose every contest and I can't actually remember him having a possession. I agree, he's had a taste, but he needs more VFL, hopefully Plow returns and Parks can look forward to a big preseason.

Also agree with Martin (stop half baking players) and Newnes (what happened? Was such a solid contributor last year). I'd like SPS to get another run but it seems we've given up on him, maybe a destination has already been chosen.

Parks got a knee in the back from Briggs when he backed into his space, i think close to the start of the game.
This is what our kpf need to do. Take my running room and you pay the price.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:25 am 
Rod Ashman

jim wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Blue4ever wrote:
Walsh wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Best thing about this loss is it’s one step closer to blowing up the entire coaching box and starting from scratch

Great so what do you believe that will achieve?

I'm tipping it will be better than the crap we are getting now Walshy!

I'd love a coach that shows passion, have a look at the coaches of the top sides, what do they have in common? Even the oldest coach going around, Fagan shows passion. Our coach looks like he is sedated and it seems it reflects our team.

Exactly! Have a look what happened at Brisbane when they brought Fagan in. Bottom of the ladder with a massive culture problem with all their young kids wanting out. Brought in a STRONG leader in Fagan and they’ve been top 4 ever since.

You can’t just keep standing for this shit we’re dishing up. Teague has shown ZERO improvement in his 2 years, in fact we’re regressing.

Time to go

Culture was ok there. They recruited well, they wanted it and found a good coach. Here, same as the Saints, we have all sorts of changes for the same result. if Fagan coached here he'd probably be out of a job by now and a good coach would be lost.

No sorry Jim, a strong coach is what we need for a culture change.
If you weed our the bad seeds you begin the change for the better.
Teague has f!@#$ up time and time again. He has had his chance and blown it.
If he is not strong enough to stand up to whoever or for whatever needs to be done then he has to go.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:28 am 
Rod Ashman

jake_h03 wrote:
jim wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:

As I said in the game thread, an insider, who gets terrific information, said Teague wanted to quit before the bye. Seems they must've talked him out of it. Teague sees this effort, he's had tragedy in his family. Fair chance he has had enough and will probably not coach next year.

Players came to us because Teague was here when he was an assistant, has had great reports before coaching us, was a brilliant coach of the Bullants getting heaps out of an average side. Problem is, when you coach a side with a bad culture that lacks drive, motivation, hunger, or basically a care factor, then you have an impossible job. The only thing that has happened under Teague is that we have been alot more scoreboard competitive (as distinct for actually competitive) and he has the 2nd best record of any coach we have had this century, even if the bar is as low as it gets. Same again. A coach gets to the 3rd year and the players essentially turn their toes up.

Two sides you wouldn't touch, Carlton and St.Kilda as you senior coaching careers ends right there after a few years. Ratts must've have been a genius getting two sides with such poor cultures to 4 finals series in 6 years but he's struggling with the Saints now for similar reasons.

Can’t agree with this. If Teague was as great as you say and the players all loved him so much we wouldn’t be seeing the shithouse performances and lack of care and effort on the field that we are seeing. If Teague was a strong leader he’d be leading and changing the culture

:clap: Just read this, spot on

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:35 am 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:
We are abysmal defensively. Not our back 6 but our system when the opposition have the ball. I posted it after our previous game and we have done nothing to rectify it. Opposition teams pull our zone apart with ease. Our players have no concept of how to recognise/defend the dangerous space. We allow teams to create space and to easily use it.
If I could see any attempt to solve the issues I'd walk away with some hope but it's groundhog day and has been all season.
I read that Teague offered to walk (sounds like nonsense to me) but if he did, sack whoever talked him out of it.

We have a player who less than 2 years ago was voted by the AFL players as the best player in the game. Another who was an All Australian and was one of the most damaging half backs in the AFL for 3 consecutive years. They are a shadow of themselves. They are almost liabilities to the team. We have too many players who are playing outside their skillset and lacking understanding of their role. That is an indictment on the coaching group.
I rate Teague as a person and nothing would make me happier than to see him succeed. But he needs to perform. It's an elite sporting organisation and he's floundering at the moment.

I feel for players like Jack Silvagni. He is a very limited player but I tell you what, he gives a @#$%&!. He hates losing and I can see he is becoming increasingly frustrated by our situation. Not just the losing but the regression of the team.

:clap:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:37 am 
Rod Ashman

AGRO wrote:
The sugar coating has to stop, Teague has to go.

If it’s correct that he wanted to resign but was talked into staying then those responsible should resign too.

We are a rabble with zero respect throughout the football industry.

When one captain misses your other captain with a simple hand pass from 5 metres away :roll:

Was it that far

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:41 am 
Harry Vallence

I reckon there is a few blokes who posted on this thread last night while angry that should send a few apology emails.
Seriously the personal shit has gotta stop

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:44 am 
Harry Vallence

What I saw on the screen last night was confusing, uninspired, lacked cohesion, full of holes everywhere and was so disengaging I actually dozed off a few times, uttter garbage.

No I’m not talking about the game - I went to the cinema last night and saw the new ‘The Conjuring’ film instead rather than stay home and risk an almost certain weekend killer :grin:

Glad I did…as terrible as the film was, this game sounds like it was even worse than ‘The Conjuring,’ and even more of a horror movie…

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:49 am 
Robert Walls

Walsh wrote:

Kennedy needs to keep going and at the right age to step up. Suspect he can follow it up - hopefully he surprises.

Out: David "We'll win plenty of premierships under him" Teague

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:52 am 
Robert Walls

jake_h03 wrote:
Walsh wrote:

He also says that nothing will be achieved by clearing out the coaches box...that's not hilarious, it's either insane or bordering on troll-some

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:55 am 
Robert Walls

mymanmurph wrote:
Give me a fit sps over a limping Martin every day…used to be very few players that came straight back in after long lay offs.

Yeah...when you've got a coach who has the balls to tell an injured player to get some form back in the ressies before coming back to the seniors

We don't...and that's half your problem

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:56 am 
Banned

99prelim wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Walsh wrote:

He also says that nothing will be achieved by clearing out the coaches box...that's not hilarious, it's either insane or bordering on troll-some

Yeah well I am not your weak supporter - I stand by the club not some knobs that want to nuke the club every second year because it doesn't meet your unrealistic expectations.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next