Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:01 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:11 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Walsh wrote:

Problems with defensive structure is overrated. Defence is always going to come under pressure when we don't control the football and butcher it. If we lose clearances as we have then it will ping into our forward 50 with one or two disposals. What is defensive transitioning going to do exactly. Getting hands on the ball and executing to AFL standards and winning one on one contests more often than not along with scoring heavily from turnovers is what is going to stop supply and win games. The way we set behind the ball is more important than defensive transitioning.

Please read the parts that I’ve underlined.

It’s contradictory and makes a self-mockery of your arguments.

Did you see how many times we never had a defensive player goal side of GWS when they got their hands on the contested ball? That’s a structure issue.

Did you see how many uncontested marks we allowed versus how many times we were forced to kick to a contest?

Whether it’s the players or the coaches is a chicken and egg argument but it remains that you can’t blame players if they have no structures to execute.

What it doesn’t excuse is effort and the body language of too many last night was one of resignation.

- Igor Stravinsky

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:15 pm 
formerly King Kenny

muzza wrote:
It’s all starting to feel like previous coach culls…..not smelling great

Have to agree. As much as I would like Teague to succeed, last nights effort was not supporting the coach.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:25 pm 
Rod Ashman

Agree with this.
I was on the Teague Train. And I also did not want Ross Lyon appointed a couple of years ago.
But, over the past couple of months, I’ve been wobbling on Teague.
Last night made a big impression - we just looked dispirited. When we had the ball, we were hesitant, made bad decisions and poor execution which then increased the frustration among the players. When they had the ball, they did what the pleased incl more than once Josh Kelly with no-one near him.
And now, I try to imagine how this team would look with someone like Ross Lyon in charge: No passengers, everyone knows the plan, everyone knows their role, everyone fit, committed and skilled up to deliver.
Anyone who doesn’t fit that bill would not be in the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:10 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Pro: we didn't take the gas when they put the pressure on us.
Con: they didn't need to put any pressure on us

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:32 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Walsh wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Are you David Teague’s mum? Can’t imagine a single other person in the world who would be able to defend the shit we are being served up so staunchly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have to agree with this post.

Walshy, it doesn't make sense to look at the positives of Teague when the negatives far outweigh the positives.

He can't motivate.

There is no evidence he cant motivate. Even last night after being beaten up in the middle the team fought back to come within two goals with 15 minutes remaining in the last. Showed good fighting spirit despite all our flaws.

Just need to accept the fact GWS midfield had superior talent that have been playing together for few years. Thats where we need to get to.

Evidence? OK.
Lets start at the beginning.

Watch the first 15 minutes first.
Look for the signs Teague hasn't motivated the players.
Then watch the next 15 minutes.

Now, you will see a pattern. Yeah? Nah?

Try and get a feel if the the players were breathing fire from the get go, and played an energetic brand of footy, fully recharged after a week off with the BYE?
Try and focus on the Teamwork and the Defensive system, and if you notice any semblance of a system, did the players adhere to the system?

Teague's in too deep. He out of his depth.
A great Assistant Coach is Teague.
The proof is in the eating. He needs replacing.

Interview everyone, and let Teague coach, if its true Teague has offered to move aside.

Teague got the job as an interim coach, and ends it as an interim coach at Carlton. There's the headline.

He's a good person to keep at the club. Hey he might turn the ship before year's end.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:43 pm 
Banned

Teague has been in the job for as long as Matthew Nicks at Adelaide.

We were destined wooden spooners in 2019 and they were wooden spooners in 2020

If anyone cant see the improvement from 2019 to now then woe is me. Many things need to be worked on and improved and that's a given from a wooden spoon team thats low on morale and self belief.

We have a fantastic core of up and coming players and need everyone working collectively to get the club out of this mess on field. That's the challenge not sacking people due to perceptions.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:47 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

17th Premiership wrote:
Agree with this.
I was on the Teague Train. And I also did not want Ross Lyon appointed a couple of years ago.
But, over the past couple of months, I’ve been wobbling on Teague.
Last night made a big impression - we just looked dispirited. When we had the ball, we were hesitant, made bad decisions and poor execution which then increased the frustration among the players. When they had the ball, they did what the pleased incl more than once Josh Kelly with no-one near him.
And now, I try to imagine how this team would look with someone like Ross Lyon in charge: No passengers, everyone knows the plan, everyone knows their role, everyone fit, committed and skilled up to deliver.
Anyone who doesn’t fit that bill would not be in the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too have resigned to the above. Ditto

I'd like everyone possible interviewed; the process(unlike last time).
But, if I had to choose someone right this minute, my uneducated guess is Lyon, or Buckley.
I'd love to know what Vossy does and has been doing with the Port midfield group.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:16 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Walsh wrote:

If anyone cant see the improvement from 2019 to now then woe is me. Many things need to be worked on and improved and that's a given from a wooden spoon team thats low on morale and self belief.

We have a fantastic core of up and coming players and need everyone working collectively to get the club out of this mess on field. That's the challenge not sacking people due to perceptions.

You aren't helping yourself. Anyone that can't see one team working hard for each other and understanding the game plan vs one that jogs and points is beyond help

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:21 pm 
Banned

Heavs wrote:
Walsh wrote:

You aren't helping yourself. Anyone that can't see one team working hard for each other and understanding the game plan vs one that jogs and points is beyond help

Doesn;t discount the fact we have improved since 2019 and there are plenty of things to work on and require more talent.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:31 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

We have regressed. Significantly.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:35 pm 
Banned

Heavs wrote:

Since 2019 - I think you have forgotten what 2019 was like. Unless you enjoyed the regular 10-15 goal thumpings.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:22 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Walsh wrote:
Heavs wrote:

Since 2019 - I think you have forgotten what 2019 was like. Unless you enjoyed the regular 10-15 goal thumpings.

2019 results are shown in the attachment.

Attachments:
GamesExp.PNG
GamesExp.PNG [ 25.97 KiB | Viewed 2443 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:25 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Drop the hammer.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:19 pm 
Banned

Effes wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Heavs wrote:

2019 results are shown in the attachment.

Thanks for proving my point.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:19 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Heavs wrote:
Drop the hammer.

Bit harsh.

I've made shit posts for years but now you want action?

Watch out or the Hammerites will come for you.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:21 pm 
Banned

bluehammer wrote:
Heavs wrote:
Drop the hammer.

Bit harsh.

What do you expect from nuffites? We talk football they don't like your angle so they want to quieten you down until the forum narrative is singular and in unison.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:23 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Walsh wrote:
bluehammer wrote:
Heavs wrote:
Drop the hammer.

Bit harsh.

What do you expect from nuffites? We talk football they don't like your angle so they want to quieten you down until the forum narrative is singular and in unison.
Whoosh. I think. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:02 pm 
Rod Ashman

Why is there no poll? Let's get this out of our system and move on.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:56 am 
Bruce Doull

You know those games where it's obvious about 5 seconds after the first bounce that you're never going to be in it?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:05 am 
Craig Bradley

Yes and every game starts the same forwards of the opposition kick easy goals with little or no pressure and our forward line is clagged no system in going forward and when we do have an opportunity no one wants to take the risk or responsibility to kick the goal so we do those bloody handball to someone else usually under more pressure so we take the pressure off the one with the ball

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next