Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:06 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:17 pm 
Harry Vallence

Walsh wrote:
Drop Dow not good enough needs time and weakening an already weak midfield.

Doesnt get his hands on the ball enough and shows very little class.

Kennedy needs to keep going and at the right age to step up. Suspect he can follow it up - hopefully he surprises.

Out : Dow Parks Martin

So dow is the scapegoat now !

But Docherty Williams fisher , Jones should keep playing, hmmm

Great analysis

I guess you want Murphy Back too

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:19 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue Vain wrote:
We are abysmal defensively. Not our back 6 but our system when the opposition have the ball. I posted it after our previous game and we have done nothing to rectify it. Opposition teams pull our zone apart with ease. Our players have no concept of how to recognise/defend the dangerous space. We allow teams to create space and to easily use it.
If I could see any attempt to solve the issues I'd walk away with some hope but it's groundhog day and has been all season.
I read that Teague offered to walk (sounds like nonsense to me) but if he did, sack whoever talked him out of it.

We have a player who less than 2 years ago was voted by the AFL players as the best player in the game. Another who was an All Australian and was one of the most damaging half backs in the AFL for 3 consecutive years. They are a shadow of themselves. They are almost liabilities to the team. We have too many players who are playing outside their skillset and lacking understanding of their role. That is an indictment on the coaching group.
I rate Teague as a person and nothing would make me happier than to see him succeed. But he needs to perform. It's an elite sporting organisation and he's floundering at the moment.

I feel for players like Jack Silvagni. He is a very limited player but I tell you what, he gives a @#$%&!. He hates losing and I can see he is becoming increasingly frustrated by our situation. Not just the losing but the regression of the team.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Harry Vallence

choo wrote:
Out Martin tdk Dow parks fisher newnes
In honey Levi Carroll plow Ramsay Murphy

Thank you for not wanting us to move forward

Banned

azzablue wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Kennedy needs to keep going and at the right age to step up. Suspect he can follow it up - hopefully he surprises.

Great analysis

Maybe because you are struggling.

Our problems stem from the midfield as they are responsible putting defence under pressure. As stated many times before we only have two legit midfielders and carrying all others - the biggest liability in the middle is Dow and that is without question.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:22 pm 
Harry Vallence

jake_h03 wrote:
ScottSaunders2 wrote:
Anyone that says Dow doesn't deserve to play next week, literally has no concept of the game.

Zero.

Zip.

To the point u should probably deactivate your account .. he was far from our worst today and clearly u have a unhealthy obsession with him ...

Spot on

Exactly the Dow heaters is beyond a joke but no mention of how bad our leaders are playing , next they will probably want stockers head
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:29 pm 
Harry Vallence

The team is bereft of confidence. Losing can do that to you.

The lack of cohesion both offensively and defensively is my big take from tonight.

The amount of crude kicks, errant hand passing and lack of tackling were not good enough.

Could describe it as a coach killing game.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:52 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

The sugar coating has to stop, Teague has to go.

If it’s correct that he wanted to resign but was talked into staying then those responsible should resign too.

We are a rabble with zero respect throughout the football industry.

When one captain misses your other captain with a simple hand pass from 5 metres away :roll:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:53 pm 
Ken Hunter

Walsh wrote:
azzablue wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Great analysis

Maybe because you are struggling.

Our problems stem from the midfield as they are responsible putting defence under pressure. As stated many times before we only have two legit midfielders and carrying all others - the biggest liability in the middle is Dow and that is without question.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:00 am 
Harry Vallence

AGRO wrote:

If it’s correct that he wanted to resign but was talked into staying then those responsible should resign too.

When one captain misses your other captain with a simple hand pass from 5 metres away :roll:

Nightmare stuff which caused a turnover (can't remember if they scored from it) ....... and then the fumble by the co-captain (and I had this feeling it would happen) that resulted in a goal.

And another thing .... this co-captain bullshit has to stop.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:54 am 
Harry Vallence

AGRO wrote:

Agree, 4 -13 is abysmal and I can’t see it getting any better soon , after all the misery we’ve had to endure over the last decade it’s unacceptable to still be in such wilderness.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:44 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

diesel95 wrote:
MPH78 wrote:
Listless. Uncompetitive. God awful.

That’s what we dish up after a bye and with all the scrutiny and the external review?

Forever destined to be cellar dwellars.

This whole club is legitimately detrimental to my wellbeing. Simply can’t take this utter shit much longer.

It’s you that’s not good for your well-being. Nobody’s making you watch this cellar-dweller team.

And let’s say you can’t help but watch them, it’s 100% on you for reacting the way you are that’s not good for you well-being. Remove the arrow, don’t put a second arrow in after the first arrow. Dont be so attached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geez give him a break. MPH just venting his frustration. I feel exactly the same. Like many of us, MPH would love the club and come on here to vent his disappointment and frustration... not get made to feel foolish for posting with a bit of passion and emotion.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:02 am 
Rod Ashman

Walsh wrote:

how do you expect dow to develop if he keeps getting dropped, while saad, martin, betts, cripps, doc get a free run? stop making him a scapegoat. remember the Essendon* game before he got injured????? 4 clearances in less than a quarter. this kid can play

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:10 am 
Rod Ashman

Walsh wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Drop Dow he says! You’re hilarious

Considering he had no tags on him and couldnt get his hands on the football its an absolute no brainer. He is a liability. When he finds VFL not a challenge because he is too good for it then he can play AFL again for the time being he is not good enough.

seriously????? did he kick your cat or something???? are you blaming him for the loss, while you let others off scott free????? interesting to see what you thought of fog's game, or doc's, or martin's....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:14 am 
Rod Ashman

WOW wrote:
sticksaftersiren87 wrote:
Jones good too I thought. And McKay for second half. Weitering as usual pretty solid.

Hard to find too many more outside Kennedy and stocker.

Jones good? Nah, got five kicked on him. Not good enough.

It’s another hole on our list that needs to be plugged.

we would need to trade in to replace him unfortunately, we havent anyone in the 2's who is a kpd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:16 am 
Rod Ashman

MPH78 wrote:
Jones is now one of my least favourite players. Prone to absolute howlers that directly cost goals and goes to ground and therefore out of the contest way too often. Liabilities outweigh the assets for mine.

not dow?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:18 am 
Rod Ashman

Walsh wrote:

Dow wouldnt get a game for any other team he is simply not ready.

you know a bloke called synbad per chance?????

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:22 am 
Rod Ashman

Walsh wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Are you David Teague’s mum? Can’t imagine a single other person in the world who would be able to defend the shit we are being served up so staunchly

I am defending nothing - don't know how many times I have to say our midfield is shit and has been for years.

yet you are only singling out dow. i agree the midfield is poor, but cripps, curnow and walsh spend more time in there than anyone. by your logic, they should all be dropped also, but you single out one bloke. seems like you have an agenda

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:24 am 
Rod Ashman

diesel95 wrote:
I said last week if we didn’t have Walsh we’d be getting flogged every week like most of last year. That’s no secret to GWS; tagged him out of the game and even with Cripps not playing a howler, there nothing going in our midfield other than when Kennedy in there. So we get flogged. I hope Walsh is able to shake the tag in future for most games. All great players get it at some point especially when playing in weaker teams that depend heavily on one or two players.

I reckon all new signings should have to sit an IQ test and score above 100. And maybe a test which can determine if their happy on a fat pay check and having a few laughs at training with ‘the boys’. Don’t sign those players with no care for tackling when we are getting our hands on it.

Maybe an old fashion ‘flog the life out of them at training all week’ is required. Who cares if they turn up to next weeks game dead on their feet. Keep doing the same until the end of the season and wipe the smiles off their faces at training at least. Oppositions must smell our middle-field fear at this point.

If Cripps is waiting to see what improvement he sees before singing with west coast I reckon we’d want to scout their young players to see what we can get in a trade for him. The Teague train is heading for a shonky bridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amen brother

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:29 am 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:
We are abysmal defensively. Not our back 6 but our system when the opposition have the ball. I posted it after our previous game and we have done nothing to rectify it. Opposition teams pull our zone apart with ease. Our players have no concept of how to recognise/defend the dangerous space. We allow teams to create space and to easily use it.
If I could see any attempt to solve the issues I'd walk away with some hope but it's groundhog day and has been all season.
I read that Teague offered to walk (sounds like nonsense to me) but if he did, sack whoever talked him out of it.

We have a player who less than 2 years ago was voted by the AFL players as the best player in the game. Another who was an All Australian and was one of the most damaging half backs in the AFL for 3 consecutive years. They are a shadow of themselves. They are almost liabilities to the team. We have too many players who are playing outside their skillset and lacking understanding of their role. That is an indictment on the coaching group.
I rate Teague as a person and nothing would make me happier than to see him succeed. But he needs to perform. It's an elite sporting organisation and he's floundering at the moment.

I feel for players like Jack Silvagni. He is a very limited player but I tell you what, he gives a @#$%&!. He hates losing and I can see he is becoming increasingly frustrated by our situation. Not just the losing but the regression of the team.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:31 am 
Rod Ashman

Navy One wrote:
AGRO wrote:

Nightmare stuff which caused a turnover (can't remember if they scored from it) ....... and then the fumble by the co-captain (and I had this feeling it would happen) that resulted in a goal.

And another thing .... this co-captain bullshit has to stop.

i want walsh as captain. he will provide inspiration for a long, long time. cripps and doc dont have it anymore

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next