Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:29 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:27 pm 
Garry Crane

Not sure about the anti-Dow comments. I’m seeing shades of Brett Ratten there.

If he becomes half as good as Ratts then …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garry Crane

Give me a fit sps over a limping Martin every day…used to be very few players that came straight back in after long lay offs.

Banned

Blue4ever wrote:
Walsh wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Best thing about this loss is it’s one step closer to blowing up the entire coaching box and starting from scratch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great so what do you believe that will achieve?

I'm tipping it will be better than the crap we are getting now Walshy!

I'd love a coach that shows passion, have a look at the coaches of the top sides, what do they have in common? Even the oldest coach going around, Fagan shows passion. Our coach looks like he is sedated and it seems it reflects our team.

Adam Simpson seems like a cool cat to me and put together a decent team don't you think?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:28 pm 
Harry Vallence

Out Martin tdk Dow parks fisher newnes
In honey Levi Carroll plow Ramsay Murphy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:29 pm 
Harry Vallence

sticksaftersiren87 wrote:
Jones good too I thought. And McKay for second half. Weitering as usual pretty solid.

Hard to find too many more outside Kennedy and stocker.

Jones good? Nah, got five kicked on him. Not good enough.

It’s another hole on our list that needs to be plugged.

Craig Bradley

Blue4ever wrote:
Walsh wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Best thing about this loss is it’s one step closer to blowing up the entire coaching box and starting from scratch

I'd love a coach that shows passion, have a look at the coaches of the top sides, what do they have in common? Even the oldest coach going around, Fagan shows passion. Our coach looks like he is sedated and it seems it reflects our team.

Exactly! Have a look what happened at Brisbane when they brought Fagan in. Bottom of the ladder with a massive culture problem with all their young kids wanting out. Brought in a STRONG leader in Fagan and they’ve been top 4 ever since.

You can’t just keep standing for this shit we’re dishing up. Teague has shown ZERO improvement in his 2 years, in fact we’re regressing.

Time to go

Rod Ashman

It’s almost like some players know their fate.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:31 pm 
Rod Ashman

Walsh wrote:
Blue4ever wrote:
Walsh wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:

Adam Simpson seems like a cool cat to me and put together a decent team don't you think?

When under the pump Simpson can be very prickly, go and listen to his pressers when under pressure.

By the way you want to drop Dow? say no more!

Bob Chitty

Anyone that says Dow doesn't deserve to play next week, literally has no concept of the game.

Zero.

Zip.

To the point u should probably deactivate your account .. he was far from our worst today and clearly u have a unhealthy obsession with him ...

John James

MPH78 wrote:
Listless. Uncompetitive. God awful.

That’s what we dish up after a bye and with all the scrutiny and the external review?

Forever destined to be cellar dwellars.

This whole club is legitimately detrimental to my wellbeing. Simply can’t take this utter shit much longer.

It’s you that’s not good for your well-being. Nobody’s making you watch this cellar-dweller team.

And let’s say you can’t help but watch them, it’s 100% on you for reacting the way you are that’s not good for you well-being. Remove the arrow, don’t put a second arrow in after the first arrow. Dont be so attached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:32 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Jones is now one of my least favourite players. Prone to absolute howlers that directly cost goals and goes to ground and therefore out of the contest way too often. Liabilities outweigh the assets for mine.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:32 pm 
Craig Bradley

ScottSaunders2 wrote:
Anyone that says Dow doesn't deserve to play next week, literally has no concept of the game.

Zero.

Zip.

To the point u should probably deactivate your account .. he was far from our worst today and clearly u have a unhealthy obsession with him ...

Spot on

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:33 pm 
Banned

Blue4ever wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Blue4ever wrote:
Walsh wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:

When under the pump Simpson can be very prickly, go and listen to his pressers when under pressure.

By the way you want to drop Dow? say no more!

Pressers mean nothing. It's the one on one conversations with the coach with CEO/Football Manger in the office that matter!

You can't slag players in pubic and beat the to a pulp thats done behind closed doors not to the general domain. Dow wouldnt get a game for any other team he is simply not ready.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:35 pm 
Craig Bradley

Are you David Teague’s mum? Can’t imagine a single other person in the world who would be able to defend the shit we are being served up so staunchly

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:36 pm 
Ken Hunter

choo wrote:
Out Martin tdk Dow parks fisher newnes
In honey Levi Carroll plow Ramsay Murphy

TDK didn't have a great one tonight but surely he has to play out the season? Lot of upside, and Levi needs a spell to get fully fit (unlike most here, I still think Levi has value).

Parks has escaped scrutiny tonight but I thought he was dreadful, seemed to lose every contest and I can't actually remember him having a possession. I agree, he's had a taste, but he needs more VFL, hopefully Plow returns and Parks can look forward to a big preseason.

Also agree with Martin (stop half baking players) and Newnes (what happened? Was such a solid contributor last year). I'd like SPS to get another run but it seems we've given up on him, maybe a destination has already been chosen.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:37 pm 
Banned

ScottSaunders2 wrote:

Zero.

Zip.

Really I think the opposite - if you think 13 disposals @ 50% disposal efficiency without a tag is acceptable for an AFL footballer. Then your bar is extremely low.

Must be dropped - simply not good enough.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:37 pm 
Craig Bradley

jake_h03 wrote:

As I said in the game thread, an insider, who gets terrific information, said Teague wanted to quit before the bye. Seems they must've talked him out of it. Teague sees this effort, he's had tragedy in his family. Fair chance he has had enough and will probably not coach next year.

Players came to us because Teague was here when he was an assistant, has had great reports before coaching us, was a brilliant coach of the Bullants getting heaps out of an average side. Problem is, when you coach a side with a bad culture that lacks drive, motivation, hunger, or basically a care factor, then you have an impossible job. The only thing that has happened under Teague is that we have been alot more scoreboard competitive (as distinct for actually competitive) and he has the 2nd best record of any coach we have had this century, even if the bar is as low as it gets. Same again. A coach gets to the 3rd year and the players essentially turn their toes up.

Two sides you wouldn't touch, Carlton and St.Kilda as you senior coaching careers ends right there after a few years. Ratts must've have been a genius getting two sides with such poor cultures to 4 finals series in 6 years but he's struggling with the Saints now for similar reasons.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:38 pm 
Craig Bradley

I don't understand the drop Dow comments... he needs to play every game this season

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:38 pm 
Banned

jake_h03 wrote:
Are you David Teague’s mum? Can’t imagine a single other person in the world who would be able to defend the shit we are being served up so staunchly

I am defending nothing - don't know how many times I have to say our midfield is shit and has been for years.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:40 pm 
Craig Bradley

jake_h03 wrote:
Blue4ever wrote:
Walsh wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:

Exactly! Have a look what happened at Brisbane when they brought Fagan in. Bottom of the ladder with a massive culture problem with all their young kids wanting out. Brought in a STRONG leader in Fagan and they’ve been top 4 ever since.

You can’t just keep standing for this shit we’re dishing up. Teague has shown ZERO improvement in his 2 years, in fact we’re regressing.

Time to go

Culture was ok there. They recruited well, they wanted it and found a good coach. Here, same as the Saints, we have all sorts of changes for the same result. if Fagan coached here he'd probably be out of a job by now and a good coach would be lost.

Last edited by jim on Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next