Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:26 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:01 pm 
formerly Fevola

I spent two days fixing a hole i smashed into a door after WC loss. I am a small girl too and I smashed a hole in that damn door. Such was my anger. For what ? They dont care. Bright Side, I did my first patch up job !!

I have no more words for how bad we are.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:03 pm 
Bruce Doull

ScottSaunders2 wrote:
not sure how much more i can take, before i just hand in my membership and be done with the game, but hope springs internal, and i think what if ... what if curnow gets fit, what if cripps gets back to his best form, what if walsh gets even better, what if we get some decent assistnants to help teague ... and what if, what if we get to finals again ... and what if we win the big one ... then something will be lost ... most likely my wallet, phone and keys as i will be too drunk to give a shit about anything ....

stupid optimism!!

:lol: :clap:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:06 pm 
Ken Hunter

ScottSaunders2 wrote:
footy has slowly died for me ... and im hanging by a thread ...

i miss the old social club .. nothing better than being in my early 20's heading to the game, going to the top level of the social club and having a few beers and watching the game ... that was the pinnacle for me. Did it every home game, even though the tram ride was a nightmare.

then we got shafted and moved to Etihad, social club was never the same and something was lost

then we got shafted by the afl, the club has taken twenty years and still not quite there and something was lost

then we started to lose our way, and would rather get draft picks than win, and something was lost

then we sacked ratten for malthouse, and something was lost

then we tinkered with the game, and suddenly cheats where rewarded (diving for a free kick "is professional"), and soemthing was lost

then we penalise the person going for the ball, becuase they have 5 blokes on top of him and he cant get it out, and something was lost

then we plowman gets two weeks, for playing football, and something was lost

the game has changed, and its hasnt always change for the good, and something was lost

then we go through all that shit, and start to hopefully develop something, but it hasnt happened, and something was lost

every test we face, for the last 18 months we have failed, and something was lost

just about think, if they dont get the latest "review" right, something will be lost

not sure how much more i can take, before i just hand in my membership and be done with the game, but hope springs internal, and i think what if ... what if curnow gets fit, what if cripps gets back to his best form, what if walsh gets even better, what if we get some decent assistnants to help teague ... and what if, what if we get to finals again ... and what if we win the big one ... then something will be lost ... most likely my wallet, phone and keys as i will be too drunk to give a shit about anything ....

stupid optimism!!

I remember those days in the social club.
We would get there early and sit at the same table, inside and at the window where we could watch the game.
Good days.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:08 pm 
Bruce Doull

I remember moderating an argument between scottsaunders & Synbad in the social club :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:23 pm 
Robert Walls

bondiblue wrote:
CFC8795 wrote:
Thanks once again Bondiblue for your optimism
Cheers :thumbsup:
I'm going to watch the 1995 Grand Final again tonight.

Watch the Carlton vs Lions game at The dome: Teague's first game as interim coach.

We were 42 points down at 1/4 time....and we fight every inch to win.

Have a look at the personnel. A lot of those names are still on our list.

Can they find that desire again. It wasn't that long ago.

I know we won that game but the mould for how we played was cast

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:24 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

GWS wrote:
ScottSaunders2 wrote:
footy has slowly died for me ... and im hanging by a thread ...

i miss the old social club .. nothing better than being in my early 20's heading to the game, going to the top level of the social club and having a few beers and watching the game ... that was the pinnacle for me. Did it every home game, even though the tram ride was a nightmare.

then we got shafted and moved to Etihad, social club was never the same and something was lost

then we got shafted by the afl, the club has taken twenty years and still not quite there and something was lost

then we started to lose our way, and would rather get draft picks than win, and something was lost

then we sacked ratten for malthouse, and something was lost

then we tinkered with the game, and suddenly cheats where rewarded (diving for a free kick "is professional"), and soemthing was lost

then we penalise the person going for the ball, becuase they have 5 blokes on top of him and he cant get it out, and something was lost

then we plowman gets two weeks, for playing football, and something was lost

the game has changed, and its hasnt always change for the good, and something was lost

then we go through all that shit, and start to hopefully develop something, but it hasnt happened, and something was lost

every test we face, for the last 18 months we have failed, and something was lost

just about think, if they dont get the latest "review" right, something will be lost

stupid optimism!!

Not so rapted then...
Crapted?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:35 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Drewgirl wrote:
I spent two days fixing a hole i smashed into a door after WC loss. I am a small girl too and I smashed a hole in that damn door. Such was my anger. For what ? They dont care. Bright Side, I did my first patch up job !!

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:06 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I can generally watch the games on TV win lose or draw with no issue.
But having attended the last 2 games live I don't think I have cringed so much in my life. I felt myself pulling at what little hair I have left.
It was frustrating to say the least and I am tossing up if I will go to Giants game.

I haven't seen Carlton win live since the Judd game on Wedding night.
I used to go every week in Melbourne and sat through some floggings one game that sticks out was a Collingwood game at Waverley where Mckenna played for us and we were flogged.

Having watched so many floggings in recent years on TV being at the game watching dumb footballers making dumb mistakes was off putting to say the least.

The worst thing at the moment is that there are parts of the game where we look like world beaters and with a flick of a switch we turn into keystone cops.

These players have the ability to go a long way which it is why it is so frustrating to watch

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:34 pm 
Geoff Southby

I feel the same way but hang on to maybe there will be real change
If I felt there was no hope I wouldn’t be here

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:40 pm 
Ken Hunter

AGRO wrote:
Aside from everyone thinks about me constantly criticising and torching the club for their inane decisions and poor management over the past 20 years - come game time I turn into “feral supporter” and get exceedingly P1S5ed when we are losing, getting stiffed by the umpires and when we lose.

And everyone in the family knows what poor company I am after a loss - needless to say I’ve been generally very poor company for most of the past 20 years.

:oops: :lol:

:lol:

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:42 pm 
Ken Hunter

Despite my outbursts of 'hopeless' and 'pathetic' and 'we deserve to lose if Murphy gets picked', I love my Blueboys.

Always.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:03 pm 
Robert Walls

AGRO wrote:
Aside from everyone thinks about me constantly criticising and torching the club for their inane decisions and poor management over the past 20 years - come game time I turn into “feral supporter” and get exceedingly P1S5ed when we are losing, getting stiffed by the umpires and when we lose.

And everyone in the family knows what poor company I am after a loss - needless to say I’ve been generally very poor company for most of the past 20 years.

:oops: :lol:

My 22 y.o son can't watch it with me because he finds my my psychotic behaviour didturbing. Usually goes to his room. My wife has a go at me and says, "can you stop screaming at the TV...half the street can hear you"

Bring on the review. Our rebuild is ok (not perfect but ok)
Our coaching appointments have been poor
Get the next coaching appointments right and watch us launch into a new period of success...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:12 pm 
Harry Vallence

Drewgirl wrote:

Alison Clarkson?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:22 am 
Ken Hunter

I find I have a bit of a sense of dread before games now. Which Carlton will show up? Who will go off injured in the first ten minutes?

I still get mad when we lose but it doesn't affect me as much these days.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:53 am 
Laurie Kerr

I go every week to Carlton matches and watch the vast majority of non-Carlton games every weekend. I'm more relaxed than ever now, but I don't mind it. I like that I can judge Club performance and decisions in a really unemotional and unbiased way. I didn't come into season 2021 with high expectations. Team selection did nothing to alter that feeling. It's amazing how often the fans have been ahead of the Club over the last 20 years.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:35 am 
Rod Ashman

My wife refused to attend games after one too many outbursts, the straw that broke the camels back was when I argued with some junkie mole about them being cheats. Then, not long after, I fell out with Clinton Brown over the club wanting to relocate me after 12 years of sitting in the same spot and my membership was not renewed. That was the week after we beat Richmond in the EF and the last time I attended a Carlton game.
I started watching from home and would wait with expectation only to watch us get beaten more often than not. Now I record the game and find myself fast forwarding once I think we’re done.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:50 pm 
Bert Deacon

we need to get out of this slumber and win some respect back/ lets win our next 2 games after the bye and all the media can then say Where was this effort 2 weeks ago blah blah blah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:22 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Scotty12000 wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:

Alison Clarkson?

Both great posts !!! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:50 pm 
Harry Vallence

I tried to get my girls to be Lions supporters, as they were born up here, but sadly my obsession with all things Blue has made them follow Carlton.

I have to say I tried to help them but they have come on board as supporters to their own detriment.

Time to turn it around, so they dont have to have years of heartache like we all have.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:03 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

GMCbris wrote:
I tried to get my girls to be Lions supporters, as they were born up here, but sadly my obsession with all things Blue has made them follow Carlton.

I have to say I tried to help them but they have come on board as supporters to their own detriment.

Time to turn it around, so they dont have to have years of heartache like we all have.

Don't do it now GM.

Oh, maybe on the other hand.....

They will be barracking for the Lions, who may not win a flag (ala Buckley and his Pies), when carlton list finally matures and starts winning again...games and flags.

Ive seen in happen with other teams in the last 20 years.

Mates giving up on Tigers, and getting their kids to barrack for swans.
Ive even seen Lions supporters convert kids to Swans.