Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:43 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:31 pm 
Geoff Southby

Walsh wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Its the midfield for sure so i agree with Walsh.But i have been saying that for a long time well before Walsh arrived on the scene.Wouldn't have to be a rocket scientist to see that............unfortunetaly your mate Teague Walshy aint gonna be the man to take us forward.Rightly or wrongly he's gone.I think it will be a good decision to look elsewhere.

Teague is whats best for the club not me.

We beg to differ.He'll never coach a premiership side with us or anybody else.Terrific bloke for sure but that aint gonna deliver a flag.

PS.......i admire your loyalty Walshy,and whats more i reckon you know a bit about the game.But its time to stop flogging a dead horse.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:35 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Walsh wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Its the midfield for sure so i agree with Walsh.But i have been saying that for a long time well before Walsh arrived on the scene.Wouldn't have to be a rocket scientist to see that............unfortunetaly your mate Teague Walshy aint gonna be the man to take us forward.Rightly or wrongly he's gone.I think it will be a good decision to look elsewhere.

Sayeth the poster who signed up three days after Teague was appointed. :lol:

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:37 pm 
Banned

Mickstar wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

We beg to differ.He'll never coach a premiership side with us or anybody else.Terrific bloke for sure but that aint gonna deliver a flag.

PS.......i admire your loyalty Walshy,and whats more i reckon you know a bit about the game.But its time to stop flogging a dead horse.

I don't care if he stays or goes tbh - but needs a fair run at it with a healthy list. No one could have imagined Luke Beveridge will win a flag 10 years ago and he has 10 years on Teague.

I'd like to see the club finally develop a career coach. Hinkley, Lyon these blokes havent won any flags and dont think they ever will.

Hardwick was almost sacked twice.

He has an edge to him... just doesnt show it in front of cameras which is due to marketing. But from what I have seen his win ratio is the best the club has seen in over a decade.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:53 pm 
Harry Vallence

Walsh wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

I don't care if he stays or goes tbh - but needs a fair run at it with a healthy list. No one could have imagined Luke Beveridge will win a flag 10 years ago and he has 10 years on Teague.

I'd like to see the club finally develop a career coach. Hinkley, Lyon these blokes havent won any flags and dont think they ever will.

He has an edge to him... just doesnt show it in front of cameras which is due to marketing. But from what I have seen his win ratio is the best the club has seen in over a decade.

firstly, i dont believe your first line. we all care one way or another, as it is our club we support, thus we are invested emotionally. if he stays or goes, the club risks further pain whatever decision they make. the pain gets inflicted upon us supporters and we hurt. hence we all care

secondly, the rest of your post is probably the best post for a while - i dont want lyon, imo he has done well as a coach, but not well enough. i dont want clarkson coz he is a flog. but i want clarkson coz he has an amazing footy brain

we need to see teague show a bit of mongrel. its all good and well to say he has it, lets see the emotion come through, as all we see is blandness. i wanna see his show some ruthlessness and stop playing his mates. make a statement. call out the players for the bullshit they deliver.

make us believe he can do it, coz thats my biggest frustration with him. i watched him at the bullants, and i know he can coach, i'm not convinced he can coach at the top level

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:00 pm 
Banned

bender wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

firstly, i dont believe your first line. we all care one way or another, as it is our club we support, thus we are invested emotionally. if he stays or goes, the club risks further pain whatever decision they make. the pain gets inflicted upon us supporters and we hurt. hence we all care

secondly, the rest of your post is probably the best post for a while - i dont want lyon, imo he has done well as a coach, but not well enough. i dont want clarkson coz he is a flog. but i want clarkson coz he has an amazing footy brain

we need to see teague show a bit of mongrel. its all good and well to say he has it, lets see the emotion come through, as all we see is blandness. i wanna see his show some ruthlessness and stop playing his mates. make a statement. call out the players for the bullshit they deliver.

make us believe he can do it, coz thats my biggest frustration with him. i watched him at the bullants, and i know he can coach, i'm not convinced he can coach at the top level

Maybe he is told not to show mongrel to the general public because from I have been told he throws hell-sprays behind closed doors. He was a hard uncompromising and brave player just because you're a coolcat to the general public doesnt mean you cant have mongrel about you. You need to even as an assistant coach.

He just needs a Football Director to tick off everything off like Dunstall did to Clarkson in his first three years and possibly a Director of Coaching as well... and this will be the path taken prior to any sackings. If Teague is sacked and next coach fails to get results the Carlton board will be in turmoil......

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:28 pm 
Harry Vallence

Walsh wrote:
Maybe he is told not to show mongrel to the general public because from I have been told he throws hell-sprays behind closed doors. He was a hard uncompromising and brave player just because you're a coolcat to the general public doesnt mean you cant have mongrel about you. You need to even as an assistant coach.

He just needs a Football Director to tick off everything off like Dunstall did to Clarkson in his first three years and possibly a Director of Coaching as well... and this will be the path taken prior to any sackings. If Teague is sacked and next coach fails to get results the Carlton board will be in turmoil......

i just wanna see some passion. if the club has told him not to do that, its a mistake on their behalf, as they have made him look like he just doesnt care. perhaps i'm a bit old skool - i want to see some fire and brimstone. i know its not pc and he may offend some, but if thats the case, they shouldnt be playing top line competitive footy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:29 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

The Carlton Board doesn’t do turmoil these days.

They do “meh”.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:34 pm 
Banned

bender wrote:
Walsh wrote:

i just wanna see some passion. if the club has told him not to do that, its a mistake on their behalf, as they have made him look like he just doesnt care. perhaps i'm a bit old skool - i want to see some fire and brimstone. i know its not pc and he may offend some, but if thats the case, they shouldnt be playing top line competitive footy

That comes from being used to seeing Carlton coaches leading top teams.

You can't do that to struggling sides - standards need to be set but its more about keeping morale high, education and intense coaching.

You see coaches go into intense relentless mode when teams are playing well and in finals to get better and not get complacent. The better the team gets the more ruthless the coach gets.... but beating a dead horse if morale is 50/50 and you definitely dont get stuck into players if on a losing run. I think Teague is going about it the right way - keep morale and confidence high when team is travelling well ensure complacent doesn't set in and set higher standards. Man Management 101

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:40 pm 
Harry Vallence

Walsh wrote:
bender wrote:
Walsh wrote:

That comes from being used to seeing Carlton coaches leading top teams.

You can't do that to struggling sides - standards need to be set but its more about keeping morale high, education and intense coaching.

You see coaches go into intense relentless mode when teams are playing well and in finals to get better and not get complacent. The better the team gets the more ruthless the coach gets.... but beating a dead horse if morale is 50/50 and you definitely dont get stuck into players if on a losing run. I think Teague is going about it the right way - keep morale and confidence high when team is travelling well ensure complacent doesn't set in and set higher standards. Man Management 101

you may be right, but i feel that telling them all is good all of the time breeds complacency. lets agree to disagree on this one

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7