Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:43 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:09 pm 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:41 pm
Posts: 4139
SurreyBlue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
I said Ed went onto Sheed when the damage was done. Our midfield were getting smashed throughout the game. Cripps had 1 centre clearance to 3/4 time yet they persisted with him and flicked Dow. Unfortunately Crippa was a defensive liability. I watch Cripps during a set play kick out by West Coast in the last quarter. Cripps was standing next to Sheed. Sheed jogged off, and Hurn easily hit up Sheed 60 metres away from our goal whilst Cripps guarded grass achieving nothing. Our set plays are abysmal. Stoppages, Defensive kickouts, offensive kickouts.
There's zero accountability.


:clap:
It's been that obvious - even I can see it.


BV, always appreciate your analysis...

BUT I have to disagree with you AND Surrey...

I can't see what our set plays are?? At all??.. Or what they are MEANT to be??

I'm serious... It really looks like 'U12s... Just win the ball and kick long to the big kid'

Does my head in..

-First kick out and we're chatting about who takes it and players stroll to seemingly random spots
-(other than Eddie) has anyone ever laid a block??
-Recieve from Saad and turn to see who to give to... (give it back to Saad and block 4 him you nuffie!... and BLOCK )

About 10 times a game (at the ground).. I say 'we're f~@ed here'... as I watch three opposition players drop away from the contest (station out and behind) while we barrel in to a 10 man contest... Ball only needs to bobble out... even if we win, it's a short handball to a player about to be tackled or a rushed kick to a well set up defence...

There is a million other examples

WTF did they practice all summer...

BTW Weiters torp was reminiscent of exactly the same play in the Bombers game when Bolts got the chop...that one action tells me a lot about what's going on in the head of one of our best and smartest players

Go Blues

_________________
“Every single element of the Club has to be the best in the league, meticulously and methodically, and only by doing this will we be elite and challenge for number 17.”
Greg Lee


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:59 pm 
Offline
Geoff Southby

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:14 pm
Posts: 5621
Location: Melbourne
Blue Vain wrote:
Ed played half back. He went onto Sheed in the last quarter when the damage was done. So we couldn't hold our nerve and went back to the old firm of Ed, Cripps and Walsh.
Dow should have been there., not Cripps. To 3/4 time, Dow had 4 centre clearances. Cripps had 1. But no, when the heat was on, the coaches again didn't have the guts to back the younger option in. To our detriment.

Selection integrity also applies to game day positional selection.


I still find it totally bizarre that if we have guys who seemingly aren’t starting midfielders in the centre square can’t get involved in the game at all, does this happen at other clubs?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:34 am 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 15745
Location: Bondi Beach
billc3 wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
I said Ed went onto Sheed when the damage was done. Our midfield were getting smashed throughout the game. Cripps had 1 centre clearance to 3/4 time yet they persisted with him and flicked Dow. Unfortunately Crippa was a defensive liability. I watch Cripps during a set play kick out by West Coast in the last quarter. Cripps was standing next to Sheed. Sheed jogged off, and Hurn easily hit up Sheed 60 metres away from our goal whilst Cripps guarded grass achieving nothing. Our set plays are abysmal. Stoppages, Defensive kickouts, offensive kickouts.
There's zero accountability.


:clap:
It's been that obvious - even I can see it.


BV, always appreciate your analysis...

BUT I have to disagree with you AND Surrey...

I can't see what our set plays are?? At all??.. Or what they are MEANT to be??

I'm serious... It really looks like 'U12s... Just win the ball and kick long to the big kid'

Does my head in..

-First kick out and we're chatting about who takes it and players stroll to seemingly random spots
-(other than Eddie) has anyone ever laid a block??
-Recieve from Saad and turn to see who to give to... (give it back to Saad and block 4 him you nuffie!... and BLOCK )

About 10 times a game (at the ground).. I say 'we're f~@ed here'... as I watch three opposition players drop away from the contest (station out and behind) while we barrel in to a 10 man contest... Ball only needs to bobble out... even if we win, it's a short handball to a player about to be tackled or a rushed kick to a well set up defence...

There is a million other examples

WTF did they practice all summer...

BTW Weiters torp was reminiscent of exactly the same play in the Bombers game when Bolts got the chop...that one action tells me a lot about what's going on in the head of one of our best and smartest players

Go Blues


Astute!

_________________
Lets stick together. Don't believe everything Robinson, Landsberger and Cornes say about Carlton. Shock jocks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:36 am 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 15745
Location: Bondi Beach
Adam Chatfield wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Ed played half back. He went onto Sheed in the last quarter when the damage was done. So we couldn't hold our nerve and went back to the old firm of Ed, Cripps and Walsh.
Dow should have been there., not Cripps. To 3/4 time, Dow had 4 centre clearances. Cripps had 1. But no, when the heat was on, the coaches again didn't have the guts to back the younger option in. To our detriment.

Selection integrity also applies to game day positional selection.


I still find it totally bizarre that if we have guys who seemingly aren’t starting midfielders in the centre square can’t get involved in the game at all, does this happen at other clubs?



Apt question.

Probably should ask if there are any players in opposition teams who start as midfielders and don't get involved.

There must be some, but the impact is probably far less.

Even North's mids go in hard and make their presence felt throughout the game, and they are bottom of the ladder.

_________________
Lets stick together. Don't believe everything Robinson, Landsberger and Cornes say about Carlton. Shock jocks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:43 am 
Offline
Wayne Johnston
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 9:02 pm
Posts: 8523
Location: Melbourne
A few things that stood out in the half a game or so I bothered to watch.

Do our players know how to run hard? The vast majority just jog around.

Why do we constantly kick the ball just short so it lands about half a metre from the receiver and they've got an awkward half volley to deal with, rather than a simple mark?

Did anyone else get flashbacks to the Essendon* game which led to Bolton getting the sakc?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:48 am 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:18 pm
Posts: 4401
Location: Singapore
The lack of hard running stood out like dogs balls to me when I attended my first live match in four years last week, and I saw it again this week when I went again.

It’s either lack of commitment, being told to run to the wrong places, or they’re just unfit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:19 am 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:18 pm
Posts: 4401
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Ryan was held goalless and to three disposals against Carlton when the two teams met in 2020, with the matchup largely falling to veteran Kade Simpson.

The Blues made the call to delist Simpson at the end of the season, despite the club great wishing to play on.


https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/06/07/ ... david-king

Food for thought, Kade was one guy who wasn’t conditional, he did his job every week the the utmost of his ability, similar to Ed. Maybe it’s no coincidence that our defensive structure has been exposed since we sacked him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:06 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:06 pm
Posts: 27724
Location: Half back flank
missnaut wrote:
Did anyone else get flashbacks to the Essendon** game which led to Bolton getting the sakc?



I went back further, to the Ratts Gold Coast game

_________________
#DonTheStash


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:13 pm 
Offline
Wayne Johnston
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 9:02 pm
Posts: 8523
Location: Melbourne
CK95 wrote:
missnaut wrote:
Did anyone else get flashbacks to the Essendon*** game which led to Bolton getting the sakc?



I went back further, to the Ratts Gold Coast game


Ooh yeah that was a bad one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:53 am 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:35 am
Posts: 17076
Location: 父 父 父 父 父 父
It wasn't Walls v Brisbane level but definitely Bolton v Essendon*. You just knew we were never ever in it

_________________
Congratulations CK95


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:59 am 
Offline
Wayne Johnston
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:32 am
Posts: 8812
sinbagger wrote:
Quote:
Ryan was held goalless and to three disposals against Carlton when the two teams met in 2020, with the matchup largely falling to veteran Kade Simpson.

The Blues made the call to delist Simpson at the end of the season, despite the club great wishing to play on.


https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/06/07/ ... david-king

Food for thought, Kade was one guy who wasn’t conditional, he did his job every week the the utmost of his ability, similar to Ed. Maybe it’s no coincidence that our defensive structure has been exposed since we sacked him.


Great points. Simmo received much unwarranted negativity.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:51 am 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:35 am
Posts: 17076
Location: 父 父 父 父 父 父
From whom?

I would say most fans absolutely loved him.

_________________
Congratulations CK95


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:21 am 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 15745
Location: Bondi Beach
SurreyBlue wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Quote:
Ryan was held goalless and to three disposals against Carlton when the two teams met in 2020, with the matchup largely falling to veteran Kade Simpson.

The Blues made the call to delist Simpson at the end of the season, despite the club great wishing to play on.


https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/06/07/ ... david-king

Food for thought, Kade was one guy who wasn’t conditional, he did his job every week the the utmost of his ability, similar to Ed. Maybe it’s no coincidence that our defensive structure has been exposed since we sacked him.


Great points. Simmo received much unwarranted negativity.


I think the negativity to continue came from List Management.

Fans were generally oif the belief that Simmo, Murphy, Betts are all at the end of their career and Simmo was the one who continued to perform better than the other 2 last year. BUT, we did see Simmo had lost a yard of pace too, and the real question was do we retire them, or do we still need them to fill gaps the kids couldn't.

_________________
Lets stick together. Don't believe everything Robinson, Landsberger and Cornes say about Carlton. Shock jocks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:03 am 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:18 pm
Posts: 4401
Location: Singapore
bluehammer wrote:
It wasn't Walls v Brisbane level but definitely Bolton v Essendon**. You just knew we were never ever in it


Johnston on Hardie, Stocker on Ryan….


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Blue Vain, chief, choo, cortez, david31, GreatEx, Headplant, Heavs, Humpers, jezzarules, jim, killpies, MPH78, mymanmurph, Paddycripps, sticksaftersiren87, Walsh and 34 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group