Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:14 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:09 pm 
Craig Bradley

DesEnglish wrote:
Sack the coach, and strip both the captains of their titles too.

The most piss weak, spineless, clueless wastes of space to ever disgrace the jumper.

Changing coaches will produce the same result. Players have to we want to succeed badly.

Chris Judd said it 3 years ago. At the Eagles the only focus was on how they can get better and challenge for the flag. When he came to Carlton all he heard from the players was about their next contract.

Last edited by jim on Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:10 pm 
Banned

jake_h03 wrote:
Jonosc1 wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Better disposal effieciency and efficiency inside 50

Got smashed in hit outs and clearances

Eagles were too big, too good in the middle...Crippa not top of his game we will get smashed in the clearances. Can't depend on Cripps doing everything on the inside just has no help and had no forward targets today.

Nonetheless media is going to roast my beloved club... some get their jollies out of it when the club gets roasted , I don't.

So are you honestly telling us all you think that was ok?

He’s trolling. Don’t take the bait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm trolling now am I because I dont agree with your nauseating clueless negative views? okay.

Harry Vallence

Gee Fogarty out, Murphy in went well

As did the Fisher 10 selection after 10 week absence

We stifle our young players like Honey because they feel like they don't belong.

11 set shots missed ... pathetic

Bob Chitty

Shocking today as per usual
Can’t believe we were considered a favourite - overrating players and underrating system. Eagles have a tried and tested system and we’ve got the worst system in the competition (no defensive structure)
Who was a winner on the day? Walsh like always. Maybe a few others
They lost me last week but this week was even worse

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:11 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

The grimmest thing is that the media won't roast us, we are Fremantle levels of relevant.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:13 pm 
Garry Crane

Teague has an excuse today Harry was of early

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:13 pm 
Bruce Comben

That was so hopeless. So many players that don’t care. The lack of desperation (apart from Walsh) is appalling. Teague just can’t seem to motivate them. Cripps only seemed to care in the last quarter and he is a liability as he has no defensive side to his game. Murphy should not play again. He doesn’t deserve to get to 300 games. I could go on and on. This is worse than the Pagan years. Perhaps the board needs to go

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:16 pm 
Harry Vallence

I have changed my mind.... I think our Club is going in the right direction.... we just need more time!

Secret to my change of heart: So I been told and corrected that We got Martin & Williams for Free! We lost nothing for them!!

WOW.....Over the Moon.... who else did we get for Free?? :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:17 pm 
Rod Ashman

jim wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:

The most piss weak, spineless, clueless wastes of space to ever disgrace the jumper.

Changing coaches will produce the same result. Players have to we want to succeed badly.

Chris Judd said it 3 years ago. At the Eagles the only focus was on how they can get better and challenge for the flag. When he came to Carlton all he heard from the players was about their next contract.

Part of his job is to set the culture but he looks like a frightened child sitting in the box. Might be one of this guys that’s a god assistant coach but he’s got NFI as senior coach

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:18 pm 
Craig Bradley

woofa wrote:
That was so hopeless. So many players that don’t care. The lack of desperation (apart from Walsh) is appalling. Teague just can’t seem to motivate them. Cripps only seemed to care in the last quarter and he is a liability as he has no defensive side to his game. Murphy should not play again. He doesn’t deserve to get to 300 games. I could go on and on. This is worse than the Pagan years. Perhaps the board needs to go

Motivation comes from within. As Parko said a couple of months ago a coach can encourage but the motivation, drive, want has to come from the playing group. Psychology 101. Can tell you from experience and it drives you crazy. No-ones been able to do it here properly since the 90s. Same at St.Kilda, same at Richmond for 35 years until finally there found a group of players willing. Those clubs just chew up and spit coaches out.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:19 pm 
Banned

jim wrote:
woofa wrote:

Motivation comes from within. As Parko said a couple of months ago a coach can encourage but the motivation, drive, want has to come from the playing group. Psychology 101. Can tell you from experience and it drives you crazy. No-ones been able to do it here properly since the 90s. Same at St.Kilda, same at Richmond for 35 years until finally there found a group of players willing. Those clubs just chew up and spit coaches out.

Correct - we need to keep improving the list. It's as obvious as daylight.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:20 pm 
Craig Bradley

DesEnglish wrote:
jim wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:

Part of his job is to set the culture but he looks like a frightened child sitting in the box. Might be one of this guys that’s a god assistant coach but he’s got NFI as senior coach

That's up to the players. Any coach will tell you that. Motivation is 90% internal. We have a group that don't want it enough and no-one in 20 years has been able to change that. Ratts come the closest. Can't believe he went on to coach a similar club in St.Kilda. you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Until that changes we have a number of years of frustration ahead.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:22 pm 
Craig Bradley

I’m starting to like Ross Lyon as an option

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:23 pm 
Laurie Kerr

I thought we were no chance once Harry went down.

Still disappointed with how many passengers and/or poor users of the footy we have in the team. Our bottom 6 are just too heavy to carry and a number of senior players are out of form.

We continue to be hopeless at stoppages. Honestly cannot detect a plan on there. Pitto may as well strap a jumping pad to his arm, because he plays like a step ladder. I shudder to think what our midfield would be without Walshy.

Then to make matters worse we are shocking at defending the transition. Zero pressure once they find a release kick. We never look like forcing a turnover.

On the positives, I think Stocker shows a bit. Owies finds a way to bob up. And I thought Dow worked his way into the game as it went on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:24 pm 
Geoff Southby

Apologies to betts for bagging him not long ago. Can actually do something

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:25 pm 
Bruce Doull

When Harry went off it just showed how incredibly reliant we are on him. We've looked Fev era at times this year & today proved it.

SOS had a good crack though. Fisher did a couple of good things but we didn't learn from Martin with him, just faded out for long periods.

Just a rubbish performance, lost centre clearance after centre clearance in the 2nd qtr & never recovered. Fkn terrible.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:27 pm 
Bob Chitty

Smacked in contested ball and tackles. And the Eagles aren’t a tackling team. Just so weak. Players can’t motivate themselves and set high standards. Coaches can’t drag it out of the playing group either. Until we become a genuinely hungry and desperate team we can forget about it. That’s the biggest reason this rebuild has failed - no standards have been developed. We ignored the basic (like playing hard nosed hungry footy) and thought we could just amass talent and all of a sudden we’d be a premiership contender. We’re as soft as we were in 2015 when we started this rebuild. No tangible improvement in mentality in 6 years

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:33 pm 
Geoff Southby

Just wondering what these guys talk about in their team meetings

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:35 pm 
Craig Bradley

Lowey_47 wrote:
Just wondering what these guys talk about in their team meetings

What ever they talk about they talk shit. They talk about what they should do then run onto the ground and don't do it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:44 pm 
Ken Hunter

At no stage today did we look like we would win.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next