Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:46 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:02 pm 
Bruce Doull

It's well known that my emotional connection to this team has well and truly petered out. Not even today can illicit anything from me.

That said, I really feel for grro and our other WA Blues who have to front up to work tomorrow.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:04 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

At the very least I'm sending an email to cancel auto-renew. We live interstate and seldom attend, the money is a donation. But if all these cauliflower are going to continue being conditional them so am I

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:08 pm 
Bruce Doull

Donstuie wrote:
It's well known that my emotional connection to this team has well and truly petered out. Not even today can illicit anything from me.

That said, I really feel for grro and our other WA Blues who have to front up to work tomorrow.

Public Holiday :cool:

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:13 pm 
Bruce Doull

Thank Christ

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:14 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

grrofunger wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

Public Holiday :cool:

I work with an Ess supporter who literally had the best week of all time with all the WCE fans this week. He said it’s your turn next. My response, no @#$%&! chance. We’ll blow it.

I was right.

@#$%&! you Carlton. @#$%&! you.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:17 pm 
Bruce Doull

Most people have given up trying to stir me up.

Because like our football team, I've stopped caring and just shrug it off.

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:17 pm 
Rod Ashman

Girlfriend wanted me to spend the afternoon with her. I declined and I stayed home with the wife to watch the footy instead.
What a mistake :donk:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:20 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Lol.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:21 pm 
Robert Walls

rhys87 wrote:
Could see it happening very early in the game.
It's ok to mediocre at the Carlton Football Club.

It's ok for the coach to accept mediocrity at the CFC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:24 pm 
Harry Vallence

99prelim wrote:
rhys87 wrote:
Could see it happening very early in the game.
It's ok to mediocre at the Carlton Football Club.

It's ok for the coach to accept mediocrity at the CFC

That’s our club’s mission statement now

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:26 pm 
Bruce Doull

CFC8795 wrote:
Girlfriend wanted me to spend the afternoon with her. I declined and I stayed home with the wife to watch the footy instead.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:28 pm 
Ken Hunter

CFC8795 wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:31 pm 
Ken Hunter

SackedByMack wrote:
This was the game for me.

Never thought I'd be saying this but the missus and I have decided we won't be renewing our memberships next season. We have wasted thousands of dollars over the last few years for almost zero enjoyment. We've had enough. This club has finally broken me.

:cry:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:38 pm 
John James

jim wrote:
If I was a prospective coach there a two clubs I would avoid like the plague, Carlton and St.Kilda. Ratts has done both...lol. They don't have it in them to want to achieve success. Just happy with the contract and job security. Those clubs kill coaches. Used to be Richmond to but after 35 years they finally found players who wanted to achieve success.

Watch the dynasty doco (or whatever it’s called) on Richmond and it wasn’t just about players. Was about the culture of the club. This is the team with supporters who used to spit on their players as they left the field down the race.

That’s a really bad culture for a start but they did a lot to become more mindful and less combative and egotistic at the board and executive level. Honestly don’t know what the Carlton culture is like on the inside these days but what I’m seeing from the outside is that it’s not good.

First game I haven’t listened to intently on the radio while it was played. figured if they couldn’t get this one done against a wounded WC on the road without me willing them on then what’s the point. Q has been answered.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:44 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Run don't jog.
Lead dont just stand there.
Shepherd don't call for it.
Handball to your team mate not the ground.
Get the ball, not the tv
Kick it through the 2 big sticks, not the big and little stick.
Don't kick it to their talls.

FMD.

Russell, you have conditioned these blokes for syncronised swimming, coz they dan't tackle, they don't chase and they don't last. You have failed.

Teague, your game plan stinks. Bombing the ball to a pack of taller opponents? That's it? FMD

Teague, going wide because forwards don't lead. Why don't they lead?

Teague, they don't tackle or chase or go in hard. Why?

Murphy was pathetic today. Didnt attack the ball. Waited for the ball to hit him, only to see someone else get it because they wanted it more. Got caught. No tricks.No heart.

WTF!

There's no spirit.

Change the coach! Yeah yeah...typical Carlton. Bullshit. I'm not interested in watching this nonesense game plan. There's nothing clever about it.

Get Lyon.
Get someone who knows what they are doing.

Hearts and Minds? Teagues lost them.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:53 pm 
Harry Vallence

diesel95 wrote:
jim wrote:
If I was a prospective coach there a two clubs I would avoid like the plague, Carlton and St.Kilda. Ratts has done both...lol. They don't have it in them to want to achieve success. Just happy with the contract and job security. Those clubs kill coaches. Used to be Richmond to but after 35 years they finally found players who wanted to achieve success.

Watch the dynasty doco (or whatever it’s called) on Richmond and it wasn’t just about players. Was about the culture of the club. This is the team with supporters who used to spit on their players as they left the field down the race.

That’s a really bad culture for a start but they did a lot to become more mindful and less combative and egotistic at the board and executive level. Honestly don’t know what the Carlton culture is like on the inside these days but what I’m seeing from the outside is that it’s not good.

First game I haven’t listened to intently on the radio while it was played. figured if they couldn’t get this one done against a wounded WC on the road without me willing them on then what’s the point. Q has been answered.

In my view, culture is the most important ingredient for success

It’s what binds teams, builds belief, sets standards, sustains success, allows younger players to develop and prosper etc

The club needs an independent review. It’s staggering that it has yet to occur. Not sure what it is waiting for.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:54 pm 
Garry Crane

bondiblue wrote:
Run don't jog.
Get the ball, not the tv

FMD.

Russell, you have conditioned these blokes for syncronised swimming, coz they dan't tackle, they don't chase and they don't last. You have failed.

Teague, your game plan stinks. Bombing the ball to a pack of taller opponents? That's it? FMD

Murphy was pathetic today. Didnt attack the ball. Waited for the ball to hit him, only to see someone else get it because they wanted it more. Got caught. No tricks.No heart.

WTF!

There's no spirit.

Change the coach! Yeah yeah...typical Carlton. Bullshit. I'm not interested in watching this nonesense game plan. There's nothing clever about it.

Get Lyon.

Or Don Pyke
Teague will be gone by the end of the year
Apparently there are some people within the club are not happy with him especially the treatment he’s has been giving to a lot of younger players and he’s favouritism towards senior players
To me he looks clueless and shows no emotions at all maybe that is rubbing off on to the players

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:56 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Stranger wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Run don't jog.
Get the ball, not the tv

FMD.

WTF!

There's no spirit.

Get Lyon.

Or Don Pyke
Teague will be gone by the end of the year
Apparently there are some people within the club are not happy with him especially the treatment he’s has been giving to a lot of younger players and he’s favouritism towards senior players
To me he looks clueless and shows no emotions at all maybe that is rubbing off on to the players

Ive been hearing the same for a while now.

WTF did he do all summer with 44 fit blokes (only Charlie was injured for most of the preseason).

Teague said they were going in hard and hurting each other.

Yeah rught. They are too scared to tackle or chase.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:58 pm 
Craig Bradley

Still opposed to getting Buckley

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:00 pm 
John James

david31 wrote:
Shocking today as per usual
Can’t believe we were considered a favourite - overrating players and underrating system. Eagles have a tried and tested system and we’ve got the worst system in the competition (no defensive structure)
Who was a winner on the day? Walsh like always. Maybe a few others
They lost me last week but this week was even worse

I used to feel for Cripps two years ago as he tried to carry the team on his shoulders. Now I feel for Walsh. Carlton the “destination club” will struggle to hold good players if this doesn’t stop. Meaning good players will be able to command more money bc the club doesn’t want to insult members further by letting them go. Vicious cycle and the only thing that can stop that is winning those games of football that we can easily win with existing players, decent system and a culture which promotes stronger team values than what is we see the fruits of.

Was reading Marlion Pickett interview in the Hearld Sun Filth “news”paper yesterday (don’t worry I didn’t buy it) talking about when #BLM was starting to rise up in the US and how he had a little smile when his player leaders’ group decided they needed to have a meeting and talk about #BLM and how it effected them as players and as a team and a club. I might be wrong (hopefully i am) but even with seven or so listed indiginous players at blues I can’t imagine that kind of player initiated/driven response happening at PP. too busy planning the next business networking event with rich and connected club members more like it.

richmond consciously decided that they needed to cut out the rot. and became a club which they are at least proud of and which has and lives values that bread success.

We had some bad luck today with injury and goal kicking but I think bad luck is another word for bad karma. I hope a Teague didn’t mention it in the presser or he’s looking for excuses for bad game day prep, bad system, bad mindset.

In other words, the bad news is the good news. if you know how to observe truth and learn from it tou move to a better place. If you don’t then you stay the same. Or go backwards. Rant over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next