Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:55 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:46 pm 
Bob Chitty

CK95 wrote:
When Harry went off it just showed how incredibly reliant we are on him. We've looked Fev era at times this year & today proved it.

SOS had a good crack though. Fisher did a couple of good things but we didn't learn from Martin with him, just faded out for long periods.

Just a rubbish performance, lost centre clearance after centre clearance in the 2nd qtr & never recovered. Fkn terrible.

agree with this.

been thinking along the same lines the last few weeks .. if its not a bag from harry, it doesnt happen ... very much fevola like in that regards.

this was a dissappointing loss.

season is done. every time, for the last 18 months we have faced a test ... i.e. win a game to keep finals alive etc.. we have failed, and failed without a whimper ... thats what hurts the most. if the players think the effort is acceptable and it just needs to click sack the lot of them ... we have so many dumb footballers its unreal.

play stocker in midfield, play dow in midfield .. we need to blood these players ...

murphy has had a great career, but gives us nothing ... he should not be played at the expense of youth (i dont care if he finishes on 299 games) .. cotrell needs a spell, fisher didnt show much etc.. etc..

just too many passengers .. not sure its ever going to click with this team.

we need a coaching overhaul ... and i dont think that means getting rid of teague ... but we have to have the worst assistants in the comp. other than L.Power, id show the rest the door tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:48 pm 
Harry Vallence

keogh wrote:
I have been banging on about this club for a long time and how it is almost clueless about what it takes to be a success on the field
The recruiting of Saad Williams Martin McGovern on such big money and long term contracts not forgetting the draft picks and the overall poor recruiting of mids
It’s a disgrace
When will the club finally act and do something different other than sack the coach

Shameful effort today
So many blokes who simply lack the skill and/or effort
No depth
Gifting games to players who are soft
Atrocious

Today was the result that should finally put to rest that this rebuild is a bust

Probably the worst rebuild of all time

Never made it close to making finals

The early draftees not coming on was the first nail in the coffin

Topping up with big money on players like McGovern, Martin, Williams and Saad was the final nail in the coffin

The only silver lining is that reality may have finally set in and phase out players who won’t be there if we ever win our next premiership

I said this years ago but if you are relying on Ed Curnow to be in your best midfielders then you are in trouble. Nothing has changed. Although I do admire his efforts.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:51 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Lowey_47 wrote:
Just wondering what these guys talk about in their team meetings

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
PS5 and Xbox mostly I suspect.

It's a very stressful job and they need an outlet.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:51 pm 
Rod Ashman

I saw many times where our players pulled up on a chase/tackle/smother when they thought the Eagles player was about to get rid of the ball - this resulted in a few missed opportunities to complete the tackle or disrupt the disposal. By contrast, the Eagles didn’t stop until the ball was out of the area which resulted in a few tackles, smothers and generally more pressure.
And a number of times our boys were jogging alongside the opposition ball carrier or jogging up and down the field when we didn’t have the ball or when another of our players had the ball.
By contrast, I’ve seen players in other teams run hard to create an option or lend support at the other end.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:52 pm 
Rod Ashman

showbag wrote:
When does Stocker get to turn in to Brett Ratten? I'm sick of watching him being mismatched in the back pocket.

One of the few that plays with an sort of conviction.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:53 pm 
Banned

So Weitering, H, Charlie, Jack, Stocker, De Koning Cunners, Fisher are busts? Okay.

Maybe abit of Champaign comedy. Bad loss today...but these youngsters have 10 years in front of them not 2 thats what the rebuild is for. What happens next 2-5 years is to be seen.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:57 pm 
Craig Bradley

No they aren’t busts and that’s the point with the talent at the coaches disposal 4 out of 12 is deplorable

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:59 pm 
Rod Ashman

Walsh wrote:
So Weitering, H, Charlie, Jack, Stocker, De Koning Cunners, Fisher are busts? Okay.

Maybe abit of Champaign comedy. Bad loss today...but these youngsters have 10 years in front of them not 2 thats what the rebuild is for. What happens next 2-5 years is to be seen.

Seriously, what were your expectations for the year? Did you think 4-8 would be the result half way? Do you think it’s acceptable?

Walsh Weitering and McKay are the only proven players on the list above. Charlie is unlucky but it’s a long road back. Stocker should make it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:59 pm 
Banned

Group needs confidence and momentum or we are going no where fast this year.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:00 pm 
formerly King Kenny

DesEnglish wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Seriously, what were your expectations for the year? Did you think 4-8 would be the result half way? Do you think it’s acceptable?

Walsh Weitering and McKay are the only proven players on the list above. Charlie is unlucky but it’s a long road back. Stocker should make it.

Stocker should be played in the midfield. Couldn’t give a @#$%&! about his ability to run outs games, he will never build an engine playing back pocket.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:03 pm 
Banned

DesEnglish wrote:
Walsh wrote:

It depends on many factors and weigh up each season on its merits. Need more key players in the midfield. Maybe 1 or 2

I think spine is in good shape when everyone is fit and firing. Need slight adjustments to game plan but most of all need a little bit of luck.

Key midfield talent without it we are not going anywhere fast.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:03 pm 
Ken Hunter

Even if we are allowed to go to the footy again this year I am not sure I want to.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:04 pm 
Geoff Southby

As I said in the game thread, the TV was turned off by Mrs Teddy at quarter time as I had a headache from watching.

What happened.

Same as every week.

First time since 1999 the weagles have won at SCG.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:04 pm 
Harry Vallence

Underperforming players must be dropped, no gifting of games to anyone. Reputations, high priced recruits, no matter; you're not performing you're out. You want to stay at this club? You have to show you are deserving of a place on our list. We must be ruthless on and off field.

It's all about next year now. I well remember last year saying that making finals in 2021 was not negotiable, we HAD to make finals, yet here we are again. For the future of our club, for our supporter base, this just can't continue year after year, we are losing the next generation of supporters. We are a joke and rightly so.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:06 pm 
Craig Bradley

Coach doesn’t instil confidence in players has not got a game plan that works and apart from 2 players on the list everyone is player worse than last year
Good on you for being positive but be realistic 4 out of 12 is a bust and how many more this year are we going to win
Any chance of beating Port GWS Fremantle away -nope
Never beat Collingwood and Elliot was warming up to kick 6 against us
Generally lose to Adelaide and the GC and we crap ourselves when we are faced with Ziebell and Cunnington so North we might be in trouble
This is worse than Bolton poor bastard didn’t have the cattle but this guy has much more in terms of playing stocks but is being outcoached every week

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:08 pm 
Rod Ashman

CK95 wrote:
When Harry went off it just showed how incredibly reliant we are on him. We've looked Fev era at times this year & today proved it.

SOS had a good crack though. Fisher did a couple of good things but we didn't learn from Martin with him, just faded out for long periods.

Just a rubbish performance, lost centre clearance after centre clearance in the 2nd qtr & never recovered. Fkn terrible.

It's not that we are reliant on him so much as as we have no idea how to attack unless we bomb it forward.
We clog our forward line, we are stagnant, we go slow, we limit out options by our positional entry and we have midgets pretending they are kpp.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:09 pm 
Laurie Kerr

This was the game for me.

Never thought I'd be saying this but the missus and I have decided we won't be renewing our memberships next season. We have wasted thousands of dollars over the last few years for almost zero enjoyment. We've had enough. This club has finally broken me.

Horrie Clover

So glad we have the bye next week because tbh I am over this team's pea hearted performances and lack of effort.

Harry Vallence

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
As I said in the game thread, the TV was turned off by Mrs Teddy at quarter time as I had a headache from watching.

What happened.

Same as every week.

First time since 1999 the weagles have won at SCG.

Every other time at the SCG they've played a team that gives a Sh#t ....... they're the Sydney Swans

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:10 pm 
Bruce Doull

david31 wrote:
Smacked in contested ball and tackles. And the Eagles aren’t a tackling team. Just so weak. Players can’t motivate themselves and set high standards. Coaches can’t drag it out of the playing group either. Until we become a genuinely hungry and desperate team we can forget about it. That’s the biggest reason this rebuild has failed - no standards have been developed. We ignored the basic (like playing hard nosed hungry footy) and thought we could just amass talent and all of a sudden we’d be a premiership contender. We’re as soft as we were in 2015 when we started this rebuild. No tangible improvement in mentality in 6 years

:clap:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next