Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:09 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

SurreyBlue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
I said Ed went onto Sheed when the damage was done. Our midfield were getting smashed throughout the game. Cripps had 1 centre clearance to 3/4 time yet they persisted with him and flicked Dow. Unfortunately Crippa was a defensive liability. I watch Cripps during a set play kick out by West Coast in the last quarter. Cripps was standing next to Sheed. Sheed jogged off, and Hurn easily hit up Sheed 60 metres away from our goal whilst Cripps guarded grass achieving nothing. Our set plays are abysmal. Stoppages, Defensive kickouts, offensive kickouts.
There's zero accountability.

:clap:
It's been that obvious - even I can see it.

BV, always appreciate your analysis...

BUT I have to disagree with you AND Surrey...

I can't see what our set plays are?? At all??.. Or what they are MEANT to be??

I'm serious... It really looks like 'U12s... Just win the ball and kick long to the big kid'

Does my head in..

-First kick out and we're chatting about who takes it and players stroll to seemingly random spots
-(other than Eddie) has anyone ever laid a block??
-Recieve from Saad and turn to see who to give to... (give it back to Saad and block 4 him you nuffie!... and BLOCK )

About 10 times a game (at the ground).. I say 'we're f~@ed here'... as I watch three opposition players drop away from the contest (station out and behind) while we barrel in to a 10 man contest... Ball only needs to bobble out... even if we win, it's a short handball to a player about to be tackled or a rushed kick to a well set up defence...

There is a million other examples

WTF did they practice all summer...

BTW Weiters torp was reminiscent of exactly the same play in the Bombers game when Bolts got the chop...that one action tells me a lot about what's going on in the head of one of our best and smartest players

Go Blues

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:59 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:
Ed played half back. He went onto Sheed in the last quarter when the damage was done. So we couldn't hold our nerve and went back to the old firm of Ed, Cripps and Walsh.
Dow should have been there., not Cripps. To 3/4 time, Dow had 4 centre clearances. Cripps had 1. But no, when the heat was on, the coaches again didn't have the guts to back the younger option in. To our detriment.

Selection integrity also applies to game day positional selection.

I still find it totally bizarre that if we have guys who seemingly aren’t starting midfielders in the centre square can’t get involved in the game at all, does this happen at other clubs?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:34 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

billc3 wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
I said Ed went onto Sheed when the damage was done. Our midfield were getting smashed throughout the game. Cripps had 1 centre clearance to 3/4 time yet they persisted with him and flicked Dow. Unfortunately Crippa was a defensive liability. I watch Cripps during a set play kick out by West Coast in the last quarter. Cripps was standing next to Sheed. Sheed jogged off, and Hurn easily hit up Sheed 60 metres away from our goal whilst Cripps guarded grass achieving nothing. Our set plays are abysmal. Stoppages, Defensive kickouts, offensive kickouts.
There's zero accountability.

:clap:
It's been that obvious - even I can see it.

BV, always appreciate your analysis...

BUT I have to disagree with you AND Surrey...

I can't see what our set plays are?? At all??.. Or what they are MEANT to be??

I'm serious... It really looks like 'U12s... Just win the ball and kick long to the big kid'

Does my head in..

-First kick out and we're chatting about who takes it and players stroll to seemingly random spots
-(other than Eddie) has anyone ever laid a block??
-Recieve from Saad and turn to see who to give to... (give it back to Saad and block 4 him you nuffie!... and BLOCK )

About 10 times a game (at the ground).. I say 'we're f~@ed here'... as I watch three opposition players drop away from the contest (station out and behind) while we barrel in to a 10 man contest... Ball only needs to bobble out... even if we win, it's a short handball to a player about to be tackled or a rushed kick to a well set up defence...

There is a million other examples

WTF did they practice all summer...

BTW Weiters torp was reminiscent of exactly the same play in the Bombers game when Bolts got the chop...that one action tells me a lot about what's going on in the head of one of our best and smartest players

Go Blues

Astute!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:36 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Adam Chatfield wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Ed played half back. He went onto Sheed in the last quarter when the damage was done. So we couldn't hold our nerve and went back to the old firm of Ed, Cripps and Walsh.
Dow should have been there., not Cripps. To 3/4 time, Dow had 4 centre clearances. Cripps had 1. But no, when the heat was on, the coaches again didn't have the guts to back the younger option in. To our detriment.

Selection integrity also applies to game day positional selection.

I still find it totally bizarre that if we have guys who seemingly aren’t starting midfielders in the centre square can’t get involved in the game at all, does this happen at other clubs?

Apt question.

Probably should ask if there are any players in opposition teams who start as midfielders and don't get involved.

There must be some, but the impact is probably far less.

Even North's mids go in hard and make their presence felt throughout the game, and they are bottom of the ladder.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:43 am 
Ken Hunter

A few things that stood out in the half a game or so I bothered to watch.

Do our players know how to run hard? The vast majority just jog around.

Why do we constantly kick the ball just short so it lands about half a metre from the receiver and they've got an awkward half volley to deal with, rather than a simple mark?

Did anyone else get flashbacks to the Essendon* game which led to Bolton getting the sakc?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:48 am 
Wayne Johnston

The lack of hard running stood out like dogs balls to me when I attended my first live match in four years last week, and I saw it again this week when I went again.

It’s either lack of commitment, being told to run to the wrong places, or they’re just unfit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:19 am 
Wayne Johnston

Quote:
Ryan was held goalless and to three disposals against Carlton when the two teams met in 2020, with the matchup largely falling to veteran Kade Simpson.

The Blues made the call to delist Simpson at the end of the season, despite the club great wishing to play on.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/06/07/ ... david-king

Food for thought, Kade was one guy who wasn’t conditional, he did his job every week the the utmost of his ability, similar to Ed. Maybe it’s no coincidence that our defensive structure has been exposed since we sacked him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:06 pm 
Bruce Doull

missnaut wrote:
Did anyone else get flashbacks to the Essendon** game which led to Bolton getting the sakc?

I went back further, to the Ratts Gold Coast game

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:13 pm 
Ken Hunter

CK95 wrote:
missnaut wrote:
Did anyone else get flashbacks to the Essendon*** game which led to Bolton getting the sakc?

I went back further, to the Ratts Gold Coast game

Ooh yeah that was a bad one.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:53 am 
Stephen Kernahan

It wasn't Walls v Brisbane level but definitely Bolton v Essendon*. You just knew we were never ever in it

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:59 am 
Ken Hunter

sinbagger wrote:
Quote:
Ryan was held goalless and to three disposals against Carlton when the two teams met in 2020, with the matchup largely falling to veteran Kade Simpson.

The Blues made the call to delist Simpson at the end of the season, despite the club great wishing to play on.

Food for thought, Kade was one guy who wasn’t conditional, he did his job every week the the utmost of his ability, similar to Ed. Maybe it’s no coincidence that our defensive structure has been exposed since we sacked him.

Great points. Simmo received much unwarranted negativity.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:51 am 
Stephen Kernahan

From whom?

I would say most fans absolutely loved him.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:21 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

SurreyBlue wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Quote:

Great points. Simmo received much unwarranted negativity.

I think the negativity to continue came from List Management.

Fans were generally oif the belief that Simmo, Murphy, Betts are all at the end of their career and Simmo was the one who continued to perform better than the other 2 last year. BUT, we did see Simmo had lost a yard of pace too, and the real question was do we retire them, or do we still need them to fill gaps the kids couldn't.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:03 am 
Wayne Johnston

bluehammer wrote:
It wasn't Walls v Brisbane level but definitely Bolton v Essendon**. You just knew we were never ever in it

Johnston on Hardie, Stocker on Ryan….

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:11 pm 
Craig Bradley

West Coast are crap apart from Collingwood game this was one of the most disappointing efforts of the season and is the reason we are not really in finals contention
Just some effort against this mob would have resulted in a win damning for coaching staff and team
Imagine if like the swans we had an effective game plan that everyone adhered to and understood and we turned up every week to play
Don’t reckon swans have a much better list than us but certainly have better game plan coaching staff and will to win
Swans are smacking them

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8