Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 6:08 pm 
Craig Bradley

Paddycripps wrote:
CK95 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
CK95 wrote:

And the Fogarty shot at goal, seriously what the hell?

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

Which one? What happened?

Was that the one that didn't make the distance from 30 out?

Yep. Possibly just a brain fade at the worst time.

Honestly I think Teague has failed to set the right standards and demand results from the players.
The players need to be held accountable.
Docherty simply cannot be allowed to get away with that gutless kick off the ground rubbish.
Fogarty should not be allowed to get away with a chip kick at goal on the run fro m 30m with a defender sitting in the goal square saying "thanks douchebag".
Saad should be hammered internally for letting his opponent run off him inside 20m of goal.
This team needs to harden up mentally and physically and Teague isn't making it happen.
The tail is wagging the dog because the dog hasn't got the stomach to set things straight.
Possibly just possibly the plays don't respect the coach.

Great post. I don't think it's that the players don't respect the coach though. I think they love him because he's easy on them. They don't hear the home truths from him

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 7:04 pm 
Harry Vallence

As I said in an earlier post ...... Nothing to see here

Incident assessed:
Contact between Sydney Swans’ Lance Franklin and Carlton’s Nic Newman from the second quarter of Sunday’s match, between the Sydney Swans and Carlton was assessed. The ball is kicked towards the Sydney forward line. Newman attempts to take possession of the ball at half forward. As Newman turns front on to gain possession of the loose ball, Franklin approaches and contact is made, including high contact. It was the view of the MRO that there was insufficient force to constitute a reportable offence. No further action was taken.

FMD

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 7:08 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

jake_h03 wrote:

Great post. I don't think it's that the players don't respect the coach though. I think they love him because he's easy on them. They don't hear the home truths from him

Lets hope they love him so much they all want to stay at Carlton.

I just got home from Swans Academy.
Too cold for me to watch the kids train.
I don't think I have the right to still call myself a Melbournian anymore. I've gone soft.

So I went and had a chat or two inside.

I'm not liking the whispers, only because where there's smoke ....
They, like other teams, have an eye for one of our BIG guns.

Effendruggies tried last Trade season. He declined and wanted to stay at Carlton.
Now these whispers from the scg, and an uncontracted player, well, it makes me nervous.

Quietly confident, if the players like it at Carlton, Teaguey, the assistants, the facilities, the fans, the players will continue to want to play for Teague.
Teague sticks up for players regardless of obvious faults or weaknesses we comment on.

Plus everyone looks good in Navy Blue.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 7:10 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Navy One wrote:

Incident assessed:
Contact between Sydney Swans’ Lance Franklin and Carlton’s Nic Newman from the second quarter of Sunday’s match, between the Sydney Swans and Carlton was assessed. The ball is kicked towards the Sydney forward line. Newman attempts to take possession of the ball at half forward. As Newman turns front on to gain possession of the loose ball, Franklin approaches and contact is made, including high contact. It was the view of the MRO that there was insufficient force to constitute a reportable offence. No further action was taken.

FMD

FMD

He went passed the ball and his elbow lifts and could have missed Newmans head, but he hit it square on.
He's been suspended for similar a few years back....when the AFL Commission didnt get their way with Buddy at GWS....its in the book.

This MRP is corrupt to the core.

Plowman should have gotten off easily based on this interpretation by Michael Corrupt Christian

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 7:12 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

sinbagger wrote:
Navy One wrote:
Nothing to see here .... We had 3 goes at trying to get Plowman off. Buddy should be fine :roll:

There'll be the old ..... "Newman wasn't concussed" ruling

https://twitter.com/i/status/1398893102559989766
Requote this for those who have not seen it.

I have not heard one thing in the media today about it

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 7:25 pm 
Ken Hunter

Navy One wrote:

Incident assessed:

FMD

I'm shocked.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 7:27 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
Navy One wrote:

Incident assessed:

FMD

FMD

He went passed the ball and his elbow lifts and could have missed Newmans head, but he hit it square on.
He's been suspended for similar a few years back....when the AFL Commission didnt get their way with Buddy at GWS....its in the book.

Plowman should have gotten off easily based on this interpretation by Michael Corrupt Christian

Robbo in his HearldSun "Duty of Care !!!" article basically laughed at Carlton for wanting clarity on the Plowman incident then wrote this in his column ....

"Carlton sought clarity at the AFL appeals tribunal on Thursday night.

Clarity for themselves, the Blues said, and clarity for the game.

The Blues misread the room. Plowman’s appeal was dismissed and the two-week ban stands.

So, why did Carlton need clarity — presumably on what constitutes duty of care between players — at a time when associated concussions are destroying lives?

It was an odd argument in a failed bid to cancel the two-week suspension for their player Lachie Plowman.

The jury members deliberated for more than an hour before chairman Murray Kellam announced they had upheld the AFL Tribunal’s guilty verdict.

What we need greater clarity on is the correlation between head hits and why two former footballers recently committed suicide and why many others have mental health problems.

.......... lots of blah blah blah .........

It’s why the Plowman action has to be universally accepted as being wrong.

Attempting to dismiss his two-match ban to seek “clarity for the game’’ was flimsy, if not naive to the greater good.

......... more blah blah blah ........ then finishes with .......

Why can’t the Blues — and those opposed to Plowman’s suspension — understand the rules of engagement have changed? For the better, and not before time."

Bet you he won't comment on the Buddy incident.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 7:28 pm 
Bruce Doull

I look forward to again being told that we're treated no differently than any other club....

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 7:32 pm 
Rod Ashman

the thing for me is that we are over the other side of optimism for the future.
Last year we were almost 'a destination club'. On the rise, youthful exuberance, lots of upside.
Now we aren't.
Having said that - I still dont think it would take much to turn it around. We have the talent. No point in waiting on who is coming back from injury, I think attitude effort and better coaching (or at least better drilled coaching)
What got me were the kick outs. We always seemed to kick it to places where there were more swans than blues - you could see the process unfolding thinking no - dont kick it that way....
As for the swans, even after a set shot when we had loads of time to set up, they easily picked a player alone near the 50 and away they went.
Similarly when we were bombarding the F50 and could easily set up behind the play they broke out and we were all scrabbling for position.
Basic stuff I would have thought...

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 7:52 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Navy One wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Navy One wrote:

Incident assessed:

FMD

FMD

Robbo in his HearldSun "Duty of Care !!!" article basically laughed at Carlton for wanting clarity on the Plowman incident then wrote this in his column ....

"Carlton sought clarity at the AFL appeals tribunal on Thursday night.

Clarity for themselves, the Blues said, and clarity for the game.

The Blues misread the room. Plowman’s appeal was dismissed and the two-week ban stands.

So, why did Carlton need clarity — presumably on what constitutes duty of care between players — at a time when associated concussions are destroying lives?

It was an odd argument in a failed bid to cancel the two-week suspension for their player Lachie Plowman.

The jury members deliberated for more than an hour before chairman Murray Kellam announced they had upheld the AFL Tribunal’s guilty verdict.

What we need greater clarity on is the correlation between head hits and why two former footballers recently committed suicide and why many others have mental health problems.

.......... lots of blah blah blah .........

It’s why the Plowman action has to be universally accepted as being wrong.

Attempting to dismiss his two-match ban to seek “clarity for the game’’ was flimsy, if not naive to the greater good.

......... more blah blah blah ........ then finishes with .......

Why can’t the Blues — and those opposed to Plowman’s suspension — understand the rules of engagement have changed? For the better, and not before time."

Bet you he won't comment on the Buddy incident.

Incidental contact in a marking contest “egregious & heinous”.

Straight shoulder charge to the head “nothing to see here - move on”

:roll:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 8:07 pm 
Serge Silvagni

The Buddy match review decision is farcical.

Just shows how insignificant we have become.

We are a weak club who is not strong in debate.

The clubs culture needs a complete reset.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 8:14 pm 
Ken Hunter

There is no Carlton bias....

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 9:04 pm 
Geoff Southby

Anyhow,far too many blokes not getting nearly enough of the pill.Many hands make light work.Unfortunately not enough are putting there hands up.Too much left to too few.......................PS we were in control in that first quarter playing good footy.Sure enough Swans kick four goals in the last five minutes and take the lead.Always happens so its not like its a surprise.How bout putting a couple of blokes behind the ball.You knew it was going to happen as always and they did faaark all.Too br forewarned is to be forearmed.Nah,not our dumb shits.It aint hard to figure out.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 9:28 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

SurreyBlue wrote:

You're not reading the room

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:11 am 
Wayne Johnston

One thing I really noticed was how the swans owned any space on the ground, at every stoppage they outnumbered us on the outside, they were always first and farthest into space all over the ground. Even if Cripps, Pittonet or Walsh won the inside they usually took it back on the outside. If they needed to move the ball from defence they always had players in space to kick to. Every time we kicked the ball it was to a contest.
I’d say that this is a combination of stoppage coaching, running patterns and just not running hard enough.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:07 am 
Ken Hunter

bondiblue wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

You're not reading the room

The room is a church, we are the unquestioning flock, Plowman is the calf sacrificed on the altar of sanctimony, and Buddy is a saint, do not besmirch him, heretic!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:44 am 
Bruce Doull

sinbagger wrote:
One thing I really noticed was how the swans owned any space on the ground, at every stoppage they outnumbered us on the outside, they were always first and farthest into space all over the ground. Even if Cripps, Pittonet or Walsh won the inside they usually took it back on the outside. If they needed to move the ball from defence they always had players in space to kick to. Every time we kicked the ball it was to a contest.
I’d say that this is a combination of stoppage coaching, running patterns and just not running hard enough.

I didn't think we adjusted well at all to the size of the ground

Hopefully better for the run this week.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:49 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

sinbagger wrote:

We have had this kick out problem for 2 decades now.

Its such a simple thing to get right.

The starting position is the same ever kick out, so that's a given.
The rest is just adhoc.

I remember a trend thaT cARLTON UNDER pARKIN STARTED and played to perfection, WAS THE KICK OUT TO A PLAYER IN THE BACK POCKET, AND THAT WAS THE 2ND BASE EVERY TIME. iF THERE WAS SPACE AHEAD, hOGGY WOULD RUN THE BALL OUT, TAKING A BOUNCE THEN TO THE NEXT player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:53 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

I didn't think we adjusted well at all to the size of the ground

Hopefully better for the run this week.

The ground isn't that strange CK.

There's plenty of space every where...its just the length of the ground is 6 metres shorter than the MCG. ie 3 metres longer in the forwardline ahead...not much at all. that shouldnt have any hinderance on our set ups around a stoppage. Nothing. Its all about the set up and tyhe personnel around them. Have someone like Walshy on the outside and he will be where needed and receive and away he goes....must be something to do with coaching and personnel.

Its a week in week out problem we have no matter which ground we play on...well Kardinia park is not a real footy ground, but we did well playing the corridor.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:57 am 
Bruce Doull

Fair enough bondi.

It appears flower tiny on TV

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next