Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:02 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 10:00 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

dannyboy wrote:
yep for me again, like a repeat rinse cycle, too many players who do not get enough of the ball. Until we rectify we will lose a lot more than we win
+Casboult - really? Why?
+ Gibbons - really? Why?
8 players with 9 disposals or less
8 players with 1 tackle or less
12 players didn't win a clearance

To much left to to few

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 10:02 pm 
Bruce Doull

Wild Blue wrote:

Teague demoralises you on selection and then rubs your nose in it on game day.

:lol: :clap:

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 10:44 pm 
Craig Bradley

Blue4ever wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Navy One wrote:
Blue4ever wrote:
One thing on the coaching/game plan.

Just go and watch how they cleared from a point that we scored compared to the way we cleared it. Most times we kick to a contest or straight in the centre. They cleared the ball so easily.

Small ground yet we gave them so much room to move.

We played 3 @#$%&! ruckmen. No wonder they ran us off our feet

I agree we should not have played the 3 talls but it has nothing to do with how you clear the ball out from a behind. In fact if you kick the ball to the advantage of a tall this may have actually helped. Yes around the ground playing 3 talls was crazy especially when one was Casboult, he can't bend over and offers nothing if he cant mark the ball - lost his marking ability.

No, because you lack run and movement. Less movement, no one creating space, makes it harder to clear the ball. You don’t clear the ball by bombing it to a tall. That’s school boy stuff. Our smalls had to work harder because we were one short, then they tired and further reduced run and movement. Last quarter we looked like we were running in sand while Sydney zipped around. An extra runner would have made a huge difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 10:48 pm 
Harry Vallence

Nothing to see here .... We had 3 goes at trying to get Plowman off. Buddy should be fine :roll:

There'll be the old ..... "Newman wasn't concussed" ruling

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 10:48 pm 
Craig Bradley

99prelim wrote:
jim wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

In the end you can sack one coach and you can't sack 40 players

Teague has failed to get the most out of this list

There is ample talent. We need a better coach to get the most out of it

Martin, Saad, Williams, they're all underperforming.

The players need to be inspired

Everyone fails to get the most out of this list. Changing coaches will be like changing the deck chair on the Titanic. Time to start weeding those out who don't want it badly enough. Teague has by far the 2nd best record of any of our coaches this century, sad to say, including 2 high profile premiership coaches, both who created the rot.

Players have to inspire themselves, like in any sport. I can tell you that as a coach from a shit lot of experience, not to mention my qualifications in Psychology and Physiology. As Parko said not long ago, a coach can encourage but motivation has to come from within and if it is not there you it isn't happening. If players have to be inspired then we have no hope. This is a player and sports psychologist issue. Just change the coach and nothing will change on that count. Bad cultures kill coaches. Can only get the most out of talent if the players want to badly enough and that is up to them.

Agree about the intrinsic motivation Jim...but...what has Teague done to drive standards and build culture for those players who don't appear to be intrinsically motivated week after week???

Don’t worry, he’s waiting for the lightbulb moment! It’s coming! Any week now!!

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 10:50 pm 
Harry Vallence

jake_h03 wrote:
99prelim wrote:
jim wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

Everyone fails to get the most out of this list. Changing coaches will be like changing the deck chair on the Titanic. Time to start weeding those out who don't want it badly enough. Teague has by far the 2nd best record of any of our coaches this century, sad to say, including 2 high profile premiership coaches, both who created the rot.

Players have to inspire themselves, like in any sport. I can tell you that as a coach from a shit lot of experience, not to mention my qualifications in Psychology and Physiology. As Parko said not long ago, a coach can encourage but motivation has to come from within and if it is not there you it isn't happening. If players have to be inspired then we have no hope. This is a player and sports psychologist issue. Just change the coach and nothing will change on that count. Bad cultures kill coaches. Can only get the most out of talent if the players want to badly enough and that is up to them.

Agree about the intrinsic motivation Jim...but...what has Teague done to drive standards and build culture for those players who don't appear to be intrinsically motivated week after week???

Don’t worry, he’s waiting for the lightbulb moment! It’s coming! Any week now!!

Gotta find the light switch first

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 10:56 pm 
Ken Hunter

I’ve come to the conclusion, it’s not worth highlighting any thoughts any longer.
This club lost it’s sole /way years ago.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 11:05 pm 
Bruce Doull

Sometimes you need an outsider perspective to cut through the bullshit and see things for what they are...
Quote:
Carlton just don't know how to win. I watched the whole game today, you guys were the better team till 3/4 time but you never got the lead you deserved off general play. Not sure how Carlton fix this but just like the Dogs game which I also watched you were all over them but just couldn't capitalize, then the ball goes down the other end and the oppo undo all your hard work. You have some genuine elite players now but the development of the role players seems shithouse and the gameplan IMO sucks. I don't see a huge difference between Carltons list and the lists of the top 6 clubs, the problem you rely on individual brilliance each week to get you wins against anyone outside the bottom four and a list like this shouldn't need that.

You need to fu** off all the assistants that have been there longer than 1-2 year and get some fresh ideas in the box. Teams score way too easily against Carlton for a side that has a good back 6 and you still have to work so hard to score yourselves.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 11:05 pm 
Craig Bradley

Wild Blue wrote:
I'd be looking to get some hard arse old coach into the box to wake the catatonic bastards up - what's mark williams doing?

Choc is busy helping the Dees to 10-1 start to the season, but you're absolutely right, we need someone to put a @#$%&! rocket up the ass of our whole list.

IMO Teague is an enabler of our sub-par performances. He doesn't drop senior players when they deserve to be dropped. He doesn't call out efforts below the required standard. He doesn't give them a spray. He just sits there waiting for a lightbulb moment, giving us meaningless stats that we won. At some point you have to call the playing group out. Put them on notice publicly that these performances aren't acceptable. Stop excusing it to the media and making out like things are fine.

Have a read of what the Demons players have to say about Williams. Do you think any of our coaches are this demanding of our players?

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/03/23/ ... melbourne/
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/05/29/ ... et-weapon/

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 11:07 pm 
Robert Walls

I'm typically quite positive, but that was bitterly disappointing.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 11:07 pm 
Craig Bradley

SurreyBlue wrote:
I’ve come to the conclusion, it’s not worth highlighting any thoughts any longer.

Is that why our foot skills are so poor? Surely they can afford to buy a new one?

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 11:10 pm 
Bruce Doull

Navy One wrote:
Nothing to see here .... We had 3 goes at trying to get Plowman off. Buddy should be fine :roll:

There'll be the old ..... "Newman wasn't concussed" ruling

I'm sorry but I fail to see how this will help Buddy reach 1000 goals :screwy:

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 11:15 pm 
Harry Vallence

jim wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
jim wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

Bullshit. Teague is the only one who has had a chance with this list. We've had a rubbish list for most of the past 20 years but we don't now. We have plenty of talent in the right age bracket
Bullshit nothing. List drops alot after the top end of it.

Facts are the same. We lack drive, the will to win and real motivation. Change the coach and the issues are the same. It's not about talent. We actually play great footy for long periods against the very best too, then have those mighty lapses, plus we shit our pants against good sides, as we did later last year when finals beckoned. Issue is above the shoulders. Why do we blow 27pt leads against the top side in the last qtr. Brilliant then collapsed. Today, right in it and fell apart at the start of the last qtr. Happened a few times in the last couple of years. That's above the shoulders. We don't have a great list, good at the top, drops out at the bottom, we are very, very competitive but can't take that step to become winners. Bad lapses and shitting ourselves when it matters is the only reason we are not in the 8, and didn't make it last year. We need more to go further but that would be a start.

we need to find a coach who can get through their thick skulls nd change their mindsets

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 11:22 pm 
Harry Vallence

99prelim wrote:
jim wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

he is just waiting for their lightbulbs to come on

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 11:24 pm 
Harry Vallence

Wild Blue wrote:
it hurts to watch that sort of shit unfold - moreso because you sense/know it is going to happen.
it hurts more to watch Teague and the 'coaching' staff sitting mute in the box as it unfolds - like they're the only ones on the planet who would expect it to happen.

there's a lack of accountability - players just don't work hard enough without the ball - Setterfield and Gibbons are a fine example but there's plenty more and they get picked each week. So lack of work ethic has no consequences.

I'd be looking to get some hard arse old coach into the box to wake the catatonic bastards up - what's mark williams doing?

Season is shot so I'd throw Stocker and Dow into the centre and have Curnow as a run with/ shut down only. Get rid of Pittonet, Casboult, Cottrell and GIbbons etc and kick Setterfield's arse and get some opportunity into SPS (in the guts) Honey and Parks and @#$%&! it even O' Brien and @#$%&! it squared, even Durdin and McDonald. I'm past caring if they are "ready". Play TDK as a single ruck and wing it roving to their taps - which we should be doing at any rate.

Teague demoralises you on selection and then rubs your nose in it on game day.

mark williams is giving melbourne a shot at the flag

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 11:27 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sydney Blue wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
yep for me again, like a repeat rinse cycle, too many players who do not get enough of the ball. Until we rectify we will lose a lot more than we win
+Casboult - really? Why?
+ Gibbons - really? Why?
8 players with 9 disposals or less
8 players with 1 tackle or less
12 players didn't win a clearance

To much left to to few

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

that tackle stat is blood boiling. if we played like teague played, our tackle count would be through the roof. there is no drive from this team

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 12:18 am 
Ken Hunter

jake_h03 wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Is that why our foot skills are so poor? Surely they can afford to buy a new one?

Yep. We play butchers of the pill because they can so call defend and refuse to play good users because the don’t. Problem is for weeks now, they don’t earn enough ball and have been destroyed by their direct opponents on the rebound. Yet our coaches keep playing them. Anyway, what do I know, I’ll just keep watching Teague hang himself.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 1:02 am 
Bruce Doull

Woosh

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 6:54 am 
Laurie Kerr

Who is this goal kicker called Cripps - a very welcome addition to the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 8:09 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Name one good thing Teague has done. Something sustainable. And don't mention the development of the no.1 picks or the no.10 pick.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next