Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:55 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 10:40 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

bender wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
yep for me again, like a repeat rinse cycle, too many players who do not get enough of the ball. Until we rectify we will lose a lot more than we win
+Casboult - really? Why?
+ Gibbons - really? Why?
8 players with 9 disposals or less
8 players with 1 tackle or less
12 players didn't win a clearance

To much left to to few

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

that tackle stat is blood boiling. if we played like teague played, our tackle count would be through the roof. there is no drive from this team

What do you expect when you have too many talls who are not nimble enough to catch anyone, andtoo many midgets fighting in the wrong weight division?

There's not enough medium sized strong and tough players in our team.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 10:42 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Navy One wrote:
Nothing to see here .... We had 3 goes at trying to get Plowman off. Buddy should be fine :roll:

There'll be the old ..... "Newman wasn't concussed" ruling

He's been suspended for the same in the past.

Buddy went past the ball to lay a hit the player....smack bang in the head....with the elbow lifting.

I want to see Robbo spray and froth over this one tonight.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 10:44 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:
Name one good thing Teague has done. Something sustainable. And don't mention the development of the no.1 picks or the no.10 pick.

Good question.

Other than the games in 2019 where he let the players off the leash to do what they want and enjoy their footy, prozac style...I can't find a thing.

We are waiting for SOS list to do something. After all he recruited 20 first rounders...surely....

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 10:47 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Heavs wrote:
windy wrote:
"Sydney kicked an accumulative total of 8.4 to 0.3 during red-time"

Combination physiological & psychological issue?

"best fitness bloke in the game"
"recruit of the year"

Yep.

The facts don't lie.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 10:51 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

17th Premiership wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
Name one good thing Teague has done. Something sustainable. And don't mention the development of the no.1 picks or the no.10 pick.

When Teague took over, we could barely kick a score over 70pts.
Now we score quite well.
When Teague took over, we'd fairly regularly get smashed.
Now we don't.
When Teague took over, our effort and intensity was variable week to week.
That is much better now - we don't give up but we do lapse regularly within games.
Our best now is very competitive; it wasn't when Teague took over.

We have an ongoing fierce debate on TC about whether to play the kids or whether to make them earn it.
I suspect there is a similar debate going on within the MC, although they appear to be prioritising effort and aggression over skill or draft pick number.
At the moment, I believe the difference b/w winning and losing sits more with the players than the coach.

For mine, I think we should be playing Dow, SPS and Parks as well as introducing a few others such as Honey, and Kemp/Carroll/Ramsay when form and fitness warrant.
And by the end of the year, we need to have made definitive calls on O'Brien, Setterfield, Kennedy, and Williamson - do they have a future as senior players or will they only ever be back-up, depth players if the need arises.

So who should make way? I think the most vulnerable from Sunday are: Casboult, Gibbons, Owies, Murphy, Betts, and Setterfield.

I think Owies is doing well and he is learning every game he plays, so he should stay in for them moment. Gibbons has probably reached his ceiling. But, if we are going to play him, I wouldn't be averse to giving him more of a crack in the midfield before we finalise our view of him. Murphy has two sides - good vision and skills in a team lacking both but not accountable/tough enough defensively in a team that can't afford defensive holes. Betts is in good form at the moment so I'd stick with that but by the end of the year, I'd expect others to be taking his spot - either due to form or to give opportunity.

Thanks for this post 17th.

I needed it....can do without Gibbons and murphy TBA. They lack the physicality required. Gibbons has played in the middle. Too small. Gets tossed or bumped out of the way against the big boys. The one to survive from that vulnerable list beyond 2021 is Owies imo.

Setterfield jogs around a lot but doesn't put his head over the ball first, and more inclined to wait for his opponent to get in first then apply a tackle.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 11:12 am 
Bruce Doull

bondiblue wrote:
CK95 wrote:

And the Fogarty shot at goal, seriously what the hell?

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

Which one? What happened?

Was that the one that didn't make the distance from 30 out?

Yep. Possibly just a brain fade at the worst time.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 11:42 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

Now we score quite well.
Now we don't.
That is much better now - we don't give up but we do lapse regularly within games.

We have an ongoing fierce debate on TC about whether to play the kids or whether to make them earn it.
I suspect there is a similar debate going on within the MC, although they appear to be prioritising effort and aggression over skill or draft pick number.
At the moment, I believe the difference b/w winning and losing sits more with the players than the coach.

For mine, I think we should be playing Dow, SPS and Parks as well as introducing a few others such as Honey, and Kemp/Carroll/Ramsay when form and fitness warrant.
And by the end of the year, we need to have made definitive calls on O'Brien, Setterfield, Kennedy, and Williamson - do they have a future as senior players or will they only ever be back-up, depth players if the need arises.

So who should make way? I think the most vulnerable from Sunday are: Casboult, Gibbons, Owies, Murphy, Betts, and Setterfield.

I think Owies is doing well and he is learning every game he plays, so he should stay in for them moment. Gibbons has probably reached his ceiling. But, if we are going to play him, I wouldn't be averse to giving him more of a crack in the midfield before we finalise our view of him. Murphy has two sides - good vision and skills in a team lacking both but not accountable/tough enough defensively in a team that can't afford defensive holes. Betts is in good form at the moment so I'd stick with that but by the end of the year, I'd expect others to be taking his spot - either due to form or to give opportunity.

I needed it....can do without Gibbons and murphy TBA. They lack the physicality required. Gibbons has played in the middle. Too small. Gets tossed or bumped out of the way against the big boys. The one to survive from that vulnerable list beyond 2021 is Owies imo.

Setterfield jogs around a lot but doesn't put his head over the ball first, and more inclined to wait for his opponent to get in first then apply a tackle.

Yep it has been hid biggest failing for some time, just doesn't like the tough stuff.
Docherty also. Warning signs were blaring loud and clear early in the game. Half hearted efforts. Soccer kicks. Kick across the ground that was almost cut off.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 11:47 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

CK95 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
CK95 wrote:

And the Fogarty shot at goal, seriously what the hell?

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

Which one? What happened?

Was that the one that didn't make the distance from 30 out?

Yep. Possibly just a brain fade at the worst time.

Honestly I think Teague has failed to set the right standards and demand results from the players.
The players need to be held accountable.
Docherty simply cannot be allowed to get away with that gutless kick off the ground rubbish.
Fogarty should not be allowed to get away with a chip kick at goal on the run fro m 30m with a defender sitting in the goal square saying "thanks douchebag".
Saad should be hammered internally for letting his opponent run off him inside 20m of goal.
This team needs to harden up mentally and physically and Teague isn't making it happen.
The tail is wagging the dog because the dog hasn't got the stomach to set things straight.
Possibly just possibly the plays don't respect the coach.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 11:50 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Teague needs to say to the players "the season is just about shot, every week I see the same shit, the same mistakes, the same brain fades, the same pathetic efforts, the same lapses, enough is enough, you all need to @#$%&! off and have a good hard look ion the mirror, come back, and if you don't perform and adhere to the highest standards then you are in tighter VFL side, and I don't give a rats arse whether you were pick 45 or a captain, members and sponsors pay big money to this club, and the shit you are dishing up is completely inexcusable, so there's no more chances, shape up or @#$%&! off"

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 11:52 am 
Bruce Doull

& for the last 20 years whenever they've not liked the coach they've dropped their bundle & got what they've wanted.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 12:01 pm 
Geoff Southby

It is all very simple.

Weed those who do not have the go or not in form - Gibbons, Setterfield, Cotterel. Maybe they will come good later.

Weed those who are past it - Murphy, Casbault.

Play the ones who want to play AFL and give them a run of games.

Willing to have a go - for the MC to decide but at least Dow, Honey.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 12:19 pm 
Geoff Southby

Paddycripps wrote:
Teague needs to say to the players "the season is just about shot, every week I see the same shit, the same mistakes, the same brain fades, the same pathetic efforts, the same lapses, enough is enough, you all need to @#$%&! off and have a good hard look ion the mirror, come back, and if you don't perform and adhere to the highest standards then you are in tighter VFL side, and I don't give a rats arse whether you were pick 45 or a captain, members and sponsors pay big money to this club, and the shit you are dishing up is completely inexcusable, so there's no more chances, shape up or @#$%&! off"

Problem is we'd only play 6-10 players by that criteria.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 12:46 pm 
Craig Bradley

Donstuie wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
windy wrote:
"Sydney kicked an accumulative total of 8.4 to 0.3 during red-time"

Combination physiological & psychological issue?

Neither...........i reckon its tactics myself.Pretty simple to put a couple of blokes behind the ball.Sorta like you know whats coming so be prepared.............it continually happens so its not like its a surprise.

I actually now think it's a deliberate ploy by opposition coaches.

They all know they just need to hold on while we wastefully use up our tickets, and that when that red-time clock starts ticking they can just hit the accelerator.

Blame Russell all you want, but I still find it telling that only Carlton players he's worked with seem unfit, and it was never an issue at his previous clubs.

Our players are treating quarters like a sprint rather than a marathon, and our strategies force them to bash their heads against brick walls for 20+ minutes every quarter.

Bang on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 1:59 pm 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

Now we score quite well.
Now we don't.

Yeah, I tend to agree. I've been a big defender of Murphy but its now getting to the point that I don't really see the point of playing him.
And I think Gibbons could be kept on the list as a back up player but barely AFL standard for mine. I am also disappointed in Setterfield - I thought he would make it. Again, keep as back up and hope he improves - he is the one who has the potential to lift but something massive would need to change in his approach (perhaps a summer like Jobe did before he got better, drugs notwithstanding). And I think Casboult has been passed by TDK who offers more in the ruck, around the ground, and in front of goal.

And re PaddyCripps response earlier which I broadly agree with, I particularly liked this:
Quote:
The season is done. Time to play the talented kids.
: It would not surprise me to find this is not a fallback position and we actually might start playing BETTER! Put a little faith in the kids. Give them the freedom he gave the team in 2019. Put more heat on our leaders.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 2:08 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I said earlier that I couldn’t see us beating Sydney as they are to skilled and disciplined and when the game gets tight they would prevail.

You only had to see how relaxed John Longmire was sitting on the bench early in the last quarter to know that not even Sydney were worried they were going to lose, the only thing he wasn’t doing was smoking a cigar - never seen a coach look more relaxed when the “game was on the line”.

We can blame a lot of people - the match committee (seriously Pittonet, De Koning and Casboult), the coach (where do I start), senior players (Cripps and Docherty made howlers at crucial times).

No one fears us and we can’t bring pressure to bear when it counts.

If John Longmire was up

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 3:33 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

AFLCA Votes

10 Isaac Heeney (SYD)
6 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
4 Jake Lloyd (SYD)
4 Harrison McKay (CARL)
3 Harry Cunningham (SYD)
2 Josh Kennedy (SYD)
1 Tom Papley (SYD)

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 3:36 pm 
Bert Deacon

year after year week after week i would like to know how the opposition manage to have an open forward line or get heeney and buddy on 1 v1 and ours is the total opposite. Our game plan is so PREDICTABLE it is a joke. kick it to sticks ,kick it fevola,now kick it Mackay \.Like i said after the practice match v saints nothing changed.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 4:21 pm 
Bruce Doull

Effes wrote:
AFLCA Votes

10 Isaac Heeney (SYD)
6 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
4 Jake Lloyd (SYD)
4 Harrison McKay (CARL)
3 Harry Cunningham (SYD)
2 Josh Kennedy (SYD)
1 Tom Papley (SYD)

hang on, I thought his name was Moran?

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 5:18 pm 
Harry Vallence

All very quiet from the Match Review Officer viewpoint

The AFL Website running with the headline "Buddy looking good for Saints clash"

Gee Plow .... they had you hung the second it happened

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 5:52 pm 
Ken Hands

I have no doubt that even Nth. Melbourne are looking forward to playing us . How the hell we have won the games we have this year is beyond me. We are so mentally soft it is just a joke . Do these players have any understanding or even care about the history of this club? When are these players going to confront each other and tell some home truths to each other , or is that just not socially acceptable anymore? We let kids from other teams push us around and we do nothing. :banghead:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next