Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:30 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 7:05 pm 
Geoff Southby

Martin & Fisher would have to come back via the VFL wouldn’t they? They have missed a lot of footy.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 7:10 pm 
Ken Hunter

Plowman appeal unsuccessful.
Did we expect anything else?

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 7:13 pm 
Banned

In Willo
Out Plow

Only change for me.

Prefer if Martin comes in for Gibbons tbh

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 7:27 pm 
Geoff Southby

I say Parks for Plowman. I have lost confidence in Williamson as a defender.

Cottrell, Gibbons & Setterfield survive only because I think Dow, Fisher & Martin need a VFL game, and because of a lack of pressure coming from underneath (Newnes, Kennedy, LOB & SPS not forcing the selectors’ hands). Honey might be a chance to take Gibbons’ spot, but I have a feeling it won’t be this week.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 8:04 pm 
Craig Bradley

jamespul65 wrote:
i watched ressies only 3 players for me showed something,parks ,willow,honey and kennedy . Against swans we need to keep that forward line pressure lock it in because if we dont they will just run it out with precise foot skills into there OPEN forward line. Watch the last 40 secs against freo they had two players running into forward 50 all the space to take a easy mark. Freo were lucky the ball carrier went the long bomb.(for example)

That's 4

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 8:09 pm 
Craig Bradley

17th Premiership wrote:
keogh wrote:
The next 3 games wii determine if we are a middle of the road team or below a middle of the road team

Against 3 teams in the 8.... ?
If we win all three, I think it will demonstrate that we have improved beyond a middle of the road team.
I’d suggest similar if we win two. Depending on how we lose and by how much and how we win and by how much.
If we win just one, then I agree - middle of the road team who can beat teams below it but not those above.
If we lose all three, then we are below a middle of the road team.

If we win one we'll be 5-8. That's well below a middle of the road team.
If we win two, 6-7, middle of the road, but with form on the improve.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 8:13 pm 
John James

Blue Vain wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Plowman might be in trouble with the MRO for the hit on O’Meara.

Parks seems like the logical replacement if that happens.

That would be a disgrace if he is suspended. 2 players were both going for the ball. Nothing more in it.
I thought it was a good example of 2 players courageously playing the footy.

Agree. MRC saw it differently. Did anybody see the hit on Sam Walsh that wasn’t caught on camera by AFL broadcasters?

Is that why his stats dropped in second half?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 8:17 pm 
Craig Bradley

Parks for Plowman is the obvious change. We need a third tall to replace and Willo doesn't fit the bill. We already have Newman, Saad, Doc/Williams in the small-medium defender role

For me Martin comes straight back in. He's all class and if anyone can come back in without a game in the 2s and still find their touch it's him. Russell seems to like to hold them back and give them some extra conditioning before playing them so I have no concerns about his fitness. Toss of the coin whether it's for Cottrell or Gibbons. I'm not a fan of Cottrell as he has no composure with ball in hand but perhaps his hard running helps prevent coast to coast goals over the back which is our single biggest issue.

Wouldn't mind seeing Dow come back in. He looked good in his last game against the scum

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 8:20 pm 
Bruce Doull

Parks for Plowman

Maybe Honey for Gibbons

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 8:20 pm 
John James

aboynamedsue wrote:
Martin & Fisher would have to come back via the VFL wouldn’t they? They have missed a lot of footy.

Martin is coming straight into the seniors against Swans according to carlton website update tonight.

Sounds a bit impulsive to me but he’s obviously considered at the Judd/Dieslel/Kouta level of auto-pick if available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:18 pm 
Rod Ashman

Martin for Gibbons
Parks for Plowman

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:21 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

jake_h03 wrote:
jamespul65 wrote:
i watched ressies only 3 players for me showed something,parks ,willow,honey and kennedy . Against swans we need to keep that forward line pressure lock it in because if we dont they will just run it out with precise foot skills into there OPEN forward line. Watch the last 40 secs against freo they had two players running into forward 50 all the space to take a easy mark. Freo were lucky the ball carrier went the long bomb.(for example)

That's 4

Least I know who this bloke is on BF now.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 10:12 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
bluehammer wrote:
So basically we don't know and we're only as good as our results.

No. If we lose them all, we're shit and the recruiting is a disgrace.
If we win one, we're a bottom 4 side, we're shit and the recruiting is a disgrace
If we win 2, we're a middle of the road side because the recruiting is a disgrace
If we win them all, we've been underperforming AND our players are mentally soft due to disgraceful recruiting.

Make sense now?

Its a bit like that.

keogh makes some valid points and brings the heat for the Board and Off field 'Intellectuals', but he has an agenda to be proven right, which manipulates his 'evidence' to support his argument.

When you think everything is wrong about the club, you're going to find you are wrong on most fronts. Glass half full.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 10:24 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Both AFL and VFL teams flew to Sydney yesterday.

First time for a long long time I'm going to enjoy a Carlton Double Header with the reserves playing the curtain raiser at 11.30am.

That means the 23rd and maybe a 24th player will be held back for the seniors which starts at 3.30pm.

I'm not sitting in the Members. Can only cause a problematic afternoon with rival supporters.
I have a few mates in Members who love baiting them.
They don't have the class of carlton supporters :wink:

If anyone hears where they are training over the next few days, please post or pm details.
SCG is a 8 minute drive from home. I will not be driving on such a BIG footy day.

Martin for Gibbons
Parks for Plowman
Honey for Cottrell

Williamson still makes those spontaneous runs from defence which go nowhere, and still gets caught in the VFL trying to do too much; Bower style.
And this super boot some keep referring to doesn't feature in the VFL. From the games I've seen or any highlights you will see, his kicks are dinky short passes.
He's either a wingman, or a VFL player in 2021. Not enough time imo to iron out bad habits, and no right side by hand or foot.

Have a good feeling about this game. Blues to win.
The sunshine will give the boys a boost of Vitamin D...and the smell of surf...I hope they don't think they're on holidays.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 10:31 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

If Casboult's knee is rested and feeling good as Russell suggests, I'd love to see a fit Levi with Harry mix it up on the Full Forward line, whilst Jack Silvagni marshalls the high forward half as the marking linkman.

Casboult to give Pitto a rest in the VFL.
DeKoning No 1 ruck with chop out half way through each quarter from Levi.

I don't think Reid will be selected, and if he is, then bring in Levi because Reid has been playing back half on big forwards whilst Buddy is playing.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 10:32 am 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
Walsh wrote:
H should have a field day if its not wet.

Martin coming in to the team adds some class around half forward.

Our half back line is dynamite at the minute

Will be very disappointed if we dont get the win.

You've convinced me.

It all comes down to Jones on Buddy.
Just had a pleasant memory of A Silvagni shutting buddy down.

Maybe Weiters gets the job on Buddy on the weekend?

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 11:09 am 
Wayne Johnston

bondiblue wrote:
Both AFL and VFL teams flew to Sydney yesterday.

First time for a long long time I'm going to enjoy a Carlton Double Header with the reserves playing the curtain raiser at 11.30am.

That means the 23rd and maybe a 24th player will be held back for the seniors which starts at 3.30pm.

I'm not sitting in the Members. Can only cause a problematic afternoon with rival supporters.
I have a few mates in Members who love baiting them.
They don't have the class of carlton supporters :wink:

If anyone hears where they are training over the next few days, please post or pm details.
SCG is a 8 minute drive from home. I will not be driving on such a BIG footy day.

Martin for Gibbons
Parks for Plowman
Honey for Cottrell

Williamson still makes those spontaneous runs from defence which go nowhere, and still gets caught in the VFL trying to do too much; Bower style.
And this super boot some keep referring to doesn't feature in the VFL. From the games I've seen or any highlights you will see, his kicks are dinky short passes.
He's either a wingman, or a VFL player in 2021. Not enough time imo to iron out bad habits, and no right side by hand or foot.

Have a good feeling about this game. Blues to win.
The sunshine will give the boys a boost of Vitamin D...and the smell of surf...I hope they don't think they're on holidays.

Hey Bondi, can we use our SCG AFL match tickets to get early entry to see the reserves?

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 1:55 pm 
Bert Deacon

need to stop Sydney from quick ball movement out of our forward line to there open /full of space forward line ,just hope our forwards bring the pressure

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 3:21 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Our set up will be interesting.
I couldn't get to the game last week but it looked to me that we played a spare defender (wingman pushed back) and Docherty pushed up to the stoppages from half forward to play the wingman/sweeper role. Playing with 5 forwards limited our scoring potential but it kept Hawthorn to 63 points.

As the poster mentioned above, Sydney will carve us up if we allow them a spare defender.
Interestingly their first 3 games of the season they were on a scoring spree (3 games, all scoring 117 points or more). Their past 6 games they're 2-4 with a highest score of 90 points. So they're gettable.
If we're up to the task.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 4:31 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Plowman appealing but will miss this week anyway with knock to knee

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next