Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:04 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 10:28 pm 
Geoff Southby

SurreyBlue wrote:
Juanita Jones wrote:
Effes wrote:
Carlton v Hawthorn

9 Samuel Walsh (CARL)
8 Sam Docherty (CARL)
4 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
3 Zac Williams (CARL)
3 Tom Mitchell (HAW)
2 Kyle Hartigan (HAW)
1 Blake Hardwick (HAW)

- Walsh has polled in all but two games this season.
- Docherty has polled in the last three games.
- First votes of the season for Williams.

So how did Curnow win the parko medal after the game? Is that based on parko selection?

Mind boggling.

For my quid, I thought it was a toss up between Walsh and Curnow.

Charlies brother always been underrated.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 8:26 pm 
John James

verbs wrote:
CK95 wrote:
So Plowman is meant to just hear footsteps & pull out I guess. Jesus Christ.

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

That would be what he does "every week" according to some. Apparently.

I saw Dochety turn sideways as he left the ground to mark and stick his arms out for a catch to avoid a collision in the same game and he’s no chicken and no sniper either.

Who can second guess a player going for a mark off the ground with eyes for the ball knowing a collision is coming his/her way. What a disgrace. sick of the arm chair tough guys dissing our players for not being tough. It’s a tough game, that’s why I played hockey :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:31 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

CBAs

Ed Curnow 22
Patrick Cripps 21
Sam Walsh 17
Marc Pittonet 16
Will Setterfield 12
Tom De Koning 8

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 11:20 pm 
Craig Bradley

Finally got around to watching the game and there weren’t too many positives other than the 4 points. We were still bang average and much like the Essendon* game, 12 other teams would have beaten us on the day. On that performance I can’t see us winning any of the next 3 games. We just have to use the ball better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 10:08 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

jake_h03 wrote:
Finally got around to watching the game and there weren’t too many positives other than the 4 points. We were still bang average and much like the Essendon** game, 12 other teams would have beaten us on the day. On that performance I can’t see us winning any of the next 3 games. We just have to use the ball better

I watched the game again too, and thought the same, but then I wondered if its a Teague ploy to bring all teams we play down to a street fight level, hence the average 'looking' game. Its happened against every team we've played, including Port.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 12:24 pm 
Ken Hunter

bondiblue wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Finally got around to watching the game and there weren’t too many positives other than the 4 points. We were still bang average and much like the Essendon*** game, 12 other teams would have beaten us on the day. On that performance I can’t see us winning any of the next 3 games. We just have to use the ball better

I watched the game again too, and thought the same, but then I wondered if its a Teague ploy to bring all teams we play down to a street fight level, hence the average 'looking' game. Its happened against every team we've played, including Port.

Nah. Just some dumb butchers in our team that should never be allowed free possession.
It's the same players every week, who incidentally are always more often then not allowed the space to receive by the opposition.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 6:16 pm 
Craig Bradley

SurreyBlue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Finally got around to watching the game and there weren’t too many positives other than the 4 points. We were still bang average and much like the Essendon**** game, 12 other teams would have beaten us on the day. On that performance I can’t see us winning any of the next 3 games. We just have to use the ball better

Nah. Just some dumb butchers in our team that should never be allowed free possession.
It's the same players every week, who incidentally are always more often then not allowed the space to receive by the opposition.

I think it's more than the individuals. Players make poor decisions and look worse than they are because we appear to be devoid of a system. Either that or the players just don't understand it. Either way, players rarely look like they know what they are supposed to be doing, where they are supposed to run, where they are supposed to kick the ball. It looks like u14s, or just a bunch of guys who have never played together before.

Hard to see how we have improved in any way over the past 18 months, save for individual brilliance of Walsh, Weiters, and Harry

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 7:33 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

If Cripps and Silvagni can't hit basic targets inside 50 under no pressure, that has nothing to do with system.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 7:44 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Hitting basic targets is one thing - but sometimes we can at least be intelligent enough to kick to space so our forwards can lead into it - or have a system that encourages that

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 9:01 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Possibly but on Saturday, Betts and Silvagni had plenty of space to lead into. Betts had 30 metres yet the JSOS couldn't hit the target from 20 metres away.
The best players know how to weight the ball when required. Too many of our blokes try to drill the pass which often leads to it dropping short. Is it poor instruction, coaching or just poor skill level? Possibly a combination of all. The frustration for me is players like Cripps too often put themselves in the role of running receiver which as a result, often leads to poor delivery and an increased chance of turnover

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 9:28 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Cripps has been trying to do way to much this year - not taking the first option, Betts has been guilty of trying to kick the miraculous goal too many times this year, as opposed to last year when he was more prone to give it off.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 10:30 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

This is where you need your Campo and Houlihan type players who can deliver by foot. It is what I assume they drafted OBrien and Dow for.
It is also why Murphy need to keep playing

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 12:27 am 
Geoff Southby

[quote="Sydney Blue"]This is where you need your Campo and Houlihan type players who can deliver by foot. It is what I assume they drafted OBrien and Dow for.
It is also why Murphy need to keep playing

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk[/quote
Houlihan could kick just ask Fev.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 11:21 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
Possibly but on Saturday, Betts and Silvagni had plenty of space to lead into. Betts had 30 metres yet the JSOS couldn't hit the target from 20 metres away.
The best players know how to weight the ball when required. Too many of our blokes try to drill the pass which often leads to it dropping short. Is it poor instruction, coaching or just poor skill level? Possibly a combination of all. The frustration for me is players like Cripps too often put themselves in the role of running receiver which as a result, often leads to poor delivery and an increased chance of turnover

I couldn't believe how many times our bullett passses fell well short of target. Poor skill level. Period.

Cripps can give it off to outside players with better foot skills but doesn't. Poor instruction and poor plan.

A bit of poor skill, poor coaching (development0 and poor instruction (plan).

All can be fixed.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 11:27 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sydney Blue wrote:
This is where you need your Campo and Houlihan type players who can deliver by foot.

Silky skills.

Where are those skills now?

Walsh, yeah.

Martin. Yeah.

SPS. Yeah.

Newman and docherty in the backline. yeah.

Stocker is suppose to be a good pass.

Murphy? he misses a lot and lobs the ball alot. He's not bad, but he's not the now or the future.

Who else?

Williamson? He can't hit up targets like some hope he does. He's hit and miss too.

Who else? Maybe Betts, but he;s not the fuiture.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 11:31 am 
Geoff Southby

Relieved to get the win.

Despite all the annoying things in this game, poor disposal, letting hawks kick goals late in second qtr etc. The thing i was most happy to see was the Hawks came out with huge intensity in the last qtr, expecting us to fold as we would have most times previously and we withstood it and scored enough to put it away.

Finally a small sign of a maturing side.

Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 12:06 pm 
Bruce Doull

killpies wrote:
Relieved to get the win.

Despite all the annoying things in this game, poor disposal, letting hawks kick goals late in second qtr etc. The thing i was most happy to see was the Hawks came out with huge intensity in the last qtr, expecting us to fold as we would have most times previously and we withstood it and scored enough to put it away.

I agree

Now that the dust has settled & I'm over the frustration I felt at the game, gotta say it's a pretty good thing that we kept a side to 15 points in a half of footy. Kind of thing that used to happen to us.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 2:23 pm 
Craig Bradley

CK95 wrote:
killpies wrote:
Relieved to get the win.

I agree

Now that the dust has settled & I'm over the frustration I felt at the game, gotta say it's a pretty good thing that we kept a side to 15 points in a half of footy. Kind of thing that used to happen to us.

A team that just lost to previously winless North and is well in the running for the wooden spoon. As I said previously, 12 other teams would have beaten us on the day. We need to improve quickly to have a chance in the next 3 games

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 3:27 pm 
Bruce Doull

Baby steps jake

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6