Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:33 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 12:41 pm 
Bruce Doull

No Silvagni?

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 12:44 pm 
Banned

CK95 wrote:
No Silvagni?

Bit suspect on Jack at the moment he hasn't played a full game in few weeks. Bit 50/50 on Jack would like him to prove he can get through a game.

I think Honey should be a shoe in.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 12:51 pm 
Bruce Doull

Fair enough. Yep I would've like Honey in yesterday actually

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 3:05 pm 
Rod Ashman

I think we have been stronger for longer than I expected this year. We haven't thrown in the towel like we used to. Other teams have worked us over and worn us down but we haven't given up like in previous years.

The big question for me now is how we will respond, having tried hard but failed several times and now get to play a lower team - are we shot and lower our standards a bit because the team we are playing is not as good as most? Or do we redouble our efforts knowing that if we play well we should win?

I also disagree with those who contend that we have gone backwards. We are behind where we would have liked to be at this stage of the season but we have made clear progress in terms of effort and consistency of effort (which was always the biggest disappointment for me over many years), connection from back to forward, scoring. And Big Harry is having the break-out year we were hoping he would, Walsh and Weitering continue to get better. And Fogarty and Parks are doing well (if not every week). And we aren't getting blown away at all.

The next things we need to be working on are team defence incl tackling effectiveness (am hoping Worsfold could be helping with this), keeping our players on the park (Martin, Fisher, Charlie would be handy), individual improvement from Williams, Dow and SPS, and hopefully McGovern. Injection of new, young blood e.g Kemp, Carrol, TDK, Honey & Philp.

How many of you would have sacked Goodwin in 2019? or in 2020? They went from a Prelim to 17th!! And then 9th. With pretty much the same list they have now.
What about Beveridge? The Bulldogs went from a flag with a very young list to 10th and then 13th.

It's not great at the moment but it's not the end of the world.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 3:11 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

17th Premiership wrote:
I think we have been stronger for longer than I expected this year. We haven't thrown in the towel like we used to. Other teams have worked us over and worn us down but we haven't given up like in previous years.

The big question for me now is how we will respond, having tried hard but failed several times and now get to play a lower team - are we shot and lower our standards a bit because the team we are playing is not as good as most? Or do we redouble our efforts knowing that if we play well we should win?

I also disagree with those who contend that we have gone backwards. We are behind where we would have liked to be at this stage of the season but we have made clear progress in terms of effort and consistency of effort (which was always the biggest disappointment for me over many years), connection from back to forward, scoring. And Big Harry is having the break-out year we were hoping he would, Walsh and Weitering continue to get better. And Fogarty and Parks are doing well (if not every week). And we aren't getting blown away at all.

The next things we need to be working on are team defence incl tackling effectiveness (am hoping Worsfold could be helping with this), keeping our players on the park (Martin, Fisher, Charlie would be handy), individual improvement from Williams, Dow and SPS, and hopefully McGovern. Injection of new, young blood e.g Kemp, Carrol, TDK, Honey & Philp.

How many of you would have sacked Goodwin in 2019? or in 2020? They went from a Prelim to 17th!! And then 9th. With pretty much the same list they have now.
What about Beveridge? The Bulldogs went from a flag with a very young list to 10th and then 13th.

It's not great at the moment but it's not the end of the world.

See thats the thing both teams went from prelims and premierships and slid so of course their coaches should be backed in because they got them to those levels … cannot compare those situations to ours though …

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 4:54 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
No Silvagni?

Holy Jesus.

Jack was one of our best before concussion ruled him out last game, and he hadn't played for 3 weeks prior to that.

Heart and soul player, who WILL kick goals as well as do all the non negotiables in a contest.

He inspires his team mates and the fans.

He's fit and strong and NEVER gives up.

A MUST selection for starters

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 7:20 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

CK95 wrote:
No honey no money

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 8:20 pm 
John Nicholls

bluehammer wrote:
CK95 wrote:
No honey no money

Backwards. No money no honey.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 9:20 pm 
Serge Silvagni

My First post of 2021- You guys are still giving your heart out to this under-performing mob?

after 2020, we were ready to declare that Carlton will be challenging for the 8 and making it....

Nine rounds in, nothing has changed from last year and the last few years.... what went so Wrong again? can we use the excuse of Injuries?

Personally, I think Recruitment has been awful Yet again and again.....What the hell were they thinking investing all their money into Williams??? he has been the biggest hack so far.... an Average player with poor disposal....

Our Club is in love with recruiting Injury prone players who gives u 2-3 games a year, then go Down!!! Where do I start?

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 9:24 pm 
Serge Silvagni

And I don't think we can beat the Hawks if Mckay doesn't get up.... he looks like he is going to be out for 2-3 weeks or play with one shoulder.....

If any AFL team is down, they just need to play us and get into form. This week, I can just picture Mitchell, Worpel and Jaeger having a day out and smashing our midfield.....

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 9:28 pm 
Ken Hunter

Dodo27 wrote:
And I don't think we can beat the Hawks if Mckay doesn't get up.... he looks like he is going to be out for 2-3 weeks or play with one shoulder.....

If any AFL team is down, they just need to play us and get into form. This week, I can just picture Mitchell, Worpel and Jaeger having a day out and smashing our midfield.....

Nah - Ed will tag one and they won’t get near it. :razz:

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 7:17 am 
Stephen Kernahan

robertbb wrote:
bluehammer wrote:
CK95 wrote:
No honey no money

Hmmm. Perhaps it was deliberate?

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 8:35 am 
Bruce Doull

Deliberate was it perhaps? Hmmm.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 9:05 am 
John James

bondiblue wrote:
CK95 wrote:
No Silvagni?

Holy Jesus.

Jack was one of our best before concussion ruled him out last game, and he hadn't played for 3 weeks prior to that.

Heart and soul player, who WILL kick goals as well as do all the non negotiables in a contest.

Heart and soul for sure. However, he lacks poise and quality finishing. Misses too many goals.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 9:11 am 
Wayne Johnston

CK95 wrote:
Deliberate was it perhaps? Hmmm.

Why is a palindrome not a palindrome?

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 9:20 am 
Bruce Doull

Will anyone seriously be shocked if Harry misses this game, the one time we SHOULD finally belt Hawthorn? God forbid we actually have an advantage over anyone for once.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 9:41 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Beijing Blue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
CK95 wrote:
No Silvagni?

Holy Jesus.

Heart and soul for sure. However, he lacks poise and quality finishing. Misses too many goals.

Something to work on. He was a good kick when younger.
It should come back to him, like it did with eddie last 2 games.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 9:47 am 
John Nicholls

bluehammer wrote:
robertbb wrote:
bluehammer wrote:
CK95 wrote:
No honey no money

Hmmm. Perhaps it was deliberate?

I'd pay deliberate. Only against Carlton though.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 6:18 pm 
Harry Vallence

More proof how bad we have been , we had this team the last 2 years only for us to stuff it completely
We are 1 and 17 against this mob in recent years

And only beaten them 4 times this century...

Something to contemplate as to what does club stands for ??

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 6:27 pm 
formerly King Kenny

I’m expecting a 5-6 goal win.

This mob is useless, just turn up with the same intent we’ve had and we will be too strong for them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next