Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:40 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 6:46 pm 
Garry Crane

dannyboy wrote:
seriously you must have been watching a different game to me, thought he gave us very little

Agree

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 6:56 pm 
Ken Hunter

Yeah I didn't notice Gibbons at all today. Mind you, if you'd asked me to guess Zac's possession count I'd have gone around 5 or 6. Maybe my eye isn't so good.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 7:04 pm 
Bob Chitty

Same old
We missed our chance to knock off a contender last week and today was very predictable
Didn’t look like winning
H did well to battle on
A few more chipped in - Fog Walsh Doc Saad and a couple of others
Murphy and Gibbons nothing
D Day is coming for this club - next Saturday vs the Hawks

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 7:04 pm 
Bruce Doull

Walsh wrote:
I will be super disappointed if we dont win next three games even with the injuries we have.

We're going to beat the Swans in Sydney?

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 7:06 pm 
Banned

CK95 wrote:
Walsh wrote:
I will be super disappointed if we dont win next three games even with the injuries we have.

We're going to beat the Swans in Sydney?

Ken Oath

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 7:25 pm 
Ken Hunter

Swans aren't that good. Youngsters got the jump on the comp but have been reined in since then. I'll be disappointed when we lose to them.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 7:25 pm 
Harry Vallence

When is trade season ?? Can’t wait for that , that’s a exciting time of the year for us

Side note we are in the top 4 finally !!

Oops for longest drought in winning. A flag

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 7:28 pm 
Harry Vallence

Crippa ,,,, so many mistake today. So many.
Gibbo .... that's it mate. It was nice while it lasted.
Cunners .... How stiff are you? What was it .... 15 seconds?

Gee the Dees set up well in defence (and pretty well everywhere else). Kudos to Macca for gutsing it out. Hopefully he's OK. He needed some tall help there today but Silvagni, McGovern, Curnow and even McDonald are all injured. Maybe TDK?

At 3 and 6 it's time to try something new. At 3 and 6 this is the team that the coach will back against anyone (Well perhaps the best 22 but even then it's debatable).

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 7:42 pm 
Geoff Southby

Boys did there best for mine.Just outclassed after half time.............they never chucked in the towel and fought it out to the end.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 7:52 pm 
Bruce Doull

The sort of loss that will paper some more cracks, offer some ready-made excuses, and give our social media team an easy out when reporting.

Losing a player to injury early.
Harry struggling but still provided a target.
Betts with some highlights for the reel.
Red-time goals inflating their score (even though they were always in total control).
We won some stats.
Stocker's first goal.

Watch us now go into the Hawks match half-baked.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 7:53 pm 
Harry Vallence

Thought it might have been almost our best midfield performance of the year. Matched it and sometimes won the battle with a good Melbourne midfield. Never gave up.

Not enough weapons up forward to take advantage with Lever and May playing very well.

Also defence a bit too leaky with PLowman Jones and Parks having trouble handling the ball cleanly at any time. Plowman is miles off where he was the last two years.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 8:00 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I don't think anything happened that wasn't expected. We tried hard. [REDACTED] plenty of things up. Continued to show bugger all football acumen. Got exposed on transition. Got a long term injury.

Just another week in the life of a blues fan

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 8:11 pm 
Harry Vallence

Mickstar wrote:
Boys did there best for mine.Just outclassed after half time.............they never chucked in the towel and fought it out to the end.

Agree our team slogged it out , Demons are skilled & quick with the luxury of most quality personnel available, team is galvanizing with a solid game plan.
I don’t think anybody seriously thought we could knock them off their perch.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 8:19 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Cripps can't decide what to do with the ball when he gets it. What's his problem? That can't be down to a back injury. That's more a mental thing. He's become so indecisive he's actually hurting the team.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 8:26 pm 
Ken Hunter

Paddycripps wrote:
Cripps can't decide what to do with the ball when he gets it. What's his problem? That can't be down to a back injury. That's more a mental thing. He's become so indecisive he's actually hurting the team.
Yes he either turns it over completely or ends up putting a team mate under huge pressure.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 8:33 pm 
Garry Crane

Cripps has gone backwards big time weather it is injury or he has decided to go home time to try Kennedy give him a good run at it surely he couldn’t go any worse then Cripps at the moment anyway season done time to say bye to a few bring the next crop in

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 8:36 pm 
Rod Ashman

Never looked like we were a chance to win.
Given the way they’ve been (not) playing the kids ...
.... I was just glad to see Stocker on the ball.
More of this pls.
Give them a chance. We could be surprised.
We already know what the alternative is ...
No more of the same ...

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 8:44 pm 
Craig Bradley

Pros:

Saad, Docherty and Walsh.
Harry with one arm.
Owies could have been good, if he didn't keep fumbling when running into an open goal.
At least Cripps found some ball again, even if his decision making and distribution was beyond horrible.

Cons:

Injuries are absolutely killing us. :banghead:
Arguably the most disappointing effort of the year. Didn't think Melbourne were all that impressive. But we just looked tentative, lacklustre and confused. The coach has been losing the supporters for some time now. I wonder whether he's now losing the players. It looks like we've now evolved from slick forward movement and no defence to slow, uncertain forward movement and no defence. Every other club defends with players behind the ball, defending stoppages and hard defensive running. It looks like our great defensive solution is simply to slow our ball movement forward.
Having to listen to Taylor rabbiting on constantly about the quiet crowd. It may have more to do with Carlton supporters having lost all hope, than the Melbourne supporters.
Why is it that McDonald and Neal-Bullen have a field day against us every time, but trouble no other team. Who the heck was supposed to be on McDonald?
Not sure really what Newman adds with his glacial pace.
Parks has been disappointing the last 2 weeks.

Hard to see where our next win is going to come from, with mounting injuries, coaches out of their depth, and players steadily losing confidence. Hard not to see us getting outcoached again next week against Clarkson, and find a way to lose to a team that are pretty poor.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 9:02 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

We just can’t really pull off the 45 degree kick from HB into midfield to change our angles.

In our attempt to move the ball forward, we lack awareness of when is the right time to play on and when to hold and go back on the mark.

This is not a new problem so I do wonder what our defensive coach has been doing.

Then I wonder what the communication between the midfield and defensive coach is like.

Then I wonder what the midfield coach is communicating with the forwards coach.

Then I wonder how Teague is managing these coaches.

Then I get a bit worried.

We have some talent, there’s no question. Something isn’t right and I don’t normally like potting a coach but the common denominator in our problems appears to be structural and gameplan issues. That is unfortunately a coaching issue.

Yes we have injuries but that makes a good plan even more important as players can come in and know their role.

Typical Carlton messiah complex.

- Igor Stravinsky

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 9:05 pm 
Craig Bradley

CarltonClem wrote:
We just can’t really pull off the 45 degree kick from HB into midfield to change our angles.

We're not even trying it much anymore, because the coaching plan is to leave our defenders one-on-one in space. So when the inevitable turnover comes, we get killed on defensive transition.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next