Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 6:08 pm 
Rod Ashman

jezzarules wrote:
Need to implement some basic team rules.
Like nominate an opposition defender each week no one is allowed to kick it to.

How about nominating all opposition defenders. :banghead:

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 6:13 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

They announced this rebuild when Malthouse was in charge.

I said it wouldn't work andvit wasn't needed .

Now 6 years plus on we are a bigger basket case.

We have a list full of dumb footballers that are clueless.
No one can coach them.

We are hopeless and have many years of pain ahead of us

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 6:37 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Sydney Blue wrote:

No one can coach them.

Yeah, the list six years ago was so much better….

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 6:39 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

sinbagger wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

No one can coach them.

You are probably right .
But the last 6 years could have been so much better.
We had been sold a dud.
This rebuild was the only way forward that would lead to flags.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 6:55 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

CFC8795 wrote:
jezzarules wrote:

Too complicated

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 7:08 pm 
Bert Deacon

YES, we are really bad our players are to slow and our game plan is so predictable that we would be easy to coach against .our first rnd picks are struggling we might have to go the tigers / syd way find the gems in rookies selection.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 7:19 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sydney Blue wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

No one can coach them.

You are probably right .
But the last 6 years could have been so much better.
We had been sold a dud.
This rebuild was the only way forward that would lead to flags.

The messaging from the club has been awful over the last 6 years

From the beginning it was a “66 game rebuild”. Why would you announce something like that. Eggs on our faces now.

The acceptance of losses (green shoots etc)during the Bolton just compounded our loser mentality from the previous decade.

Even just recently weren’t we predicting sustained success by 2021.

Losing culture and player development are our most significant issues. Our players should be drilled and playing within a cohesive system. Instead we still rely on individual brilliance to remain competitive in games.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 7:24 pm 
Laurie Kerr

The likelihood of us making finals are incredibly slim, I think missing finals will be the last nail in Teagues coaching career.
The club haven't been renowned for their patience when it comes to coaches. A new coach means new assistants, which also means a different perspective on our personnel. The entire process starts all over again.

I'm not sure how many of these restarts I have left in me

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 7:35 pm 
Horrie Clover

We have some great building blocks to work with, but the reality is we are going nowhere.
Need to look at needs and start addressing them.
Malthouse caused immense damage and we've had some terrible drafts.
The Dow draft was an absolute turd draft. No players in the top 10 of that draft will really gone any where.
Reality is we have to rebuild, poor recruitment has killed us.

I'm not going to get excited about our current list which we will only stagnate around 9th with.

I'm gonna be realist and admit we are done, call me what you will I dont care.

we got wrong time to move on and start working for next success

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 7:55 pm 
Rod Ashman

jezzarules wrote:
CFC8795 wrote:
jezzarules wrote:

Too complicated

How about kicking to our forwards?

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 8:47 pm 
Wayne Johnston

CFC8795 wrote:
jezzarules wrote:
CFC8795 wrote:
jezzarules wrote:

Too complicated

How about kicking to our forwards?

Also too complicated…

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 9:03 pm 
Craig Bradley

SackedByMack wrote:
The likelihood of us making finals are incredibly slim, I think missing finals will be the last nail in Teagues coaching career.

The likelihood of us only winning a third of our games will be the final nail in his coffin. Injuries have been killers. But also a coaching philosophy at complete odds with the rest of the competition.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 9:07 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Rocky Henderson wrote:

In what way? Don’t make a statement without backing it up with an explanation. Don’t assume we all know because we don’t.

The bloke at least knows how to coach. He did it for more than 30 odd years.

Some coaches may not win the popular vote contest but when it comes to doing a job well they get results, irrespective of how “unfashionable” they are. You know what great leaders do...it’s selecting the right person for the job regardless of what others in the room might think, because at the end of the day, that leader got into a position of power because they have a history of making the right decision and seeing the forest for the trees. I think that this club has lost that ability. The ability to know what will lead to success. While this club continues on its losing way and not having the right person in place to call the right shots, we are going nowhere. We are in sinking in quicksand right now. This club has lacked solid leadership for 20 years. I know some people are going to disagree with me on my comments and that’s fine, I get that. Like we all have asses, we all have opinions, except some people actually know a thing or two about what they are talking about, while the rest don’t. That’s not a statement where one should feel better then another, it’s just about acknowledging that fact and having the understanding that that is the way society works and that certain people are respected and placed in roles to make important decisions that will impact greatly and positively on others. Some may call this good governance, some may say that this is a good example of Democracy working.

Now I may have a low profile on this board and that’s ok, however each of us posters come from different walks of life with different experiences.

Some of us also want to try and make our point loud and clear. Most of us here also love our club and are loyal and passionate.

I fear that this club could do with some better decision makers right now and some better direction in order to save it from another 20 years of complete mediocrity.

Rant over.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 4:53 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

BlueJean wrote:
Rocky Henderson wrote:

In what way? Don’t make a statement without backing it up with an explanation. Don’t assume we all know because we don’t.

Some coaches may not win the popular vote contest but when it comes to doing a job well they get results, irrespective of how “unfashionable” they are. You know what great leaders do...it’s selecting the right person for the job regardless of what others in the room might think, because at the end of the day, that leader got into a position of power because they have a history of making the right decision and seeing the forest for the trees.

That would be great if the leaders were chosen for the right reason.
When Malthouse went to Collingwood, he wanted Buckley replaced as the leader. Not because Buckley wasn't a good leader but because Buckley had loyalty from the playing group and Malthouse wanted to remove any power Buckley possessed.
If was for no reason other than ego. The board refused to replace him so Malthouse actively undermined Buckley until he had his way.
Buckley and others openly tell the stories of how Malthouse would get Buckley up in front of the players and put a black mark on the whiteboard. He would ask Buckley what colour the mark was. Buckley said black. Malthouse said it was white.
Malthouse said the colour was whatever he said it was and Buckley wasn't to think otherwise. That was his approach. He wanted total power and he would walk over anyone to get it. He was a shit bloke with a shit approach.

It's the same reason he wanted to remove Judd and replaced him with Murphy. Pick a young, impressionable person who will be influenced by the coach and wont have his own opinion. It's exactly why he told Mark Neeld to dump the leaders at Melbourne and replace them with Grimes and Trengove. Not only did it cause a wedge with the players but it placed enormous pressure on 2 young players who didn't get over it.
Malthouse was a selfish, egotistical narcissist IMO so please don't talk up his virtues without talking to the coaches and players he [REDACTED] over first.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 5:13 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Actually, I think it was more of a disguised 'bring back Jack' type post.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 8:55 pm 
Geoff Southby

Rocky Henderson wrote:
We have some great building blocks to work with, but the reality is we are going nowhere.
Need to look at needs and start addressing them.
The Dow draft was an absolute turd draft. No players in the top 10 of that draft will really gone any where.
Reality is we have to rebuild, poor recruitment has killed us.

I'm not going to get excited about our current list which we will only stagnate around 9th with.

I'm gonna be realist and admit we are done, call me what you will I dont care.

we got wrong time to move on and start working for next success

Top 10 of 2017 draft
Raynor
Brayshaw
Dow
LDU
Cerra
Stephenson
Hunter Clark
Coffield
Naughton
LOB

I think Naughton is a star, Stephenson very good too, others have at least done something (LDU probably next worst to our 2).

The fact our 2 top 10 picks in that draft are comfortably the worst speaks volumes. Dow was a consensus pick to go high, LOB was a reach at the time and so it’s proven.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 8:57 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:
BlueJean wrote:
Rocky Henderson wrote:

Some coaches may not win the popular vote contest but when it comes to doing a job well they get results, irrespective of how “unfashionable” they are. You know what great leaders do...it’s selecting the right person for the job regardless of what others in the room might think, because at the end of the day, that leader got into a position of power because they have a history of making the right decision and seeing the forest for the trees.

When Malthouse went to Collingwood, he wanted Buckley replaced as the leader. Not because Buckley wasn't a good leader but because Buckley had loyalty from the playing group and Malthouse wanted to remove any power Buckley possessed.
If was for no reason other than ego. The board refused to replace him so Malthouse actively undermined Buckley until he had his way.
Buckley and others openly tell the stories of how Malthouse would get Buckley up in front of the players and put a black mark on the whiteboard. He would ask Buckley what colour the mark was. Buckley said black. Malthouse said it was white.
Malthouse said the colour was whatever he said it was and Buckley wasn't to think otherwise. That was his approach. He wanted total power and he would walk over anyone to get it. He was a shit bloke with a shit approach.

It's the same reason he wanted to remove Judd and replaced him with Murphy. Pick a young, impressionable person who will be influenced by the coach and wont have his own opinion. It's exactly why he told Mark Neeld to dump the leaders at Melbourne and replace them with Grimes and Trengove. Not only did it cause a wedge with the players but it placed enormous pressure on 2 young players who didn't get over it.
Malthouse was a selfish, egotistical narcissist IMO so please don't talk up his virtues without talking to the coaches and players he [REDACTED] over first.

Adding to that he didn’t get results with us either.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 9:59 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
BlueJean wrote:
Rocky Henderson wrote:

That sounds more like the Malthouse I know.

I love the way BigBlueWave called Madhouse out very early into his coaching stint at Carlton

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 9:26 am 
Bruce Doull

We're not so bad if you didn't watch Sunday's game and have avoided all talk of Carlton in the media as well as the player and match threads on TC :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 9:20 pm 
Geoff Southby

Wojee wrote:
We're not so bad if you didn't watch Sunday's game and have avoided all talk of Carlton in the media as well as the player and match threads on TC :thumbsup:

I was at Sunday’s game but have largely avoided media since, just stuff on here.

Things aren’t great, but their not diabolical, I’d say their below average. Lose to Hawthorn though….

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next