Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 8:19 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Good INs

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 8:23 pm 
Rod Ashman

Heavs wrote:
I mean, I really just don't get what they see if they play setterfield on the wing. Feel bad for him.

Dogs don't play Caleb Daniel in the ruck.

Actually, didnt Caleb play for a fair bit forward last week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 8:23 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Good to see Newman back...
Good luck to Cazz on 150... Has made the most of his talent.. Hopefully he pulls a blinder..
I would have thought Kennedy was a chance.. played well, can go through the middle and good on a wet deck...
I hope we have a plan for the ruck, as I can see clearance figures like last week coming up...

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 8:47 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Let’s hope Casboult and Cripps are late outs for TDK and Honey.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 9:15 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Casboult 150th he was never getting dropped.

Like the changes

I think Setterfield will go to the middle and Cripps will go forward.

Lever and May will double team Harry so in theory you would think Levi would have a day out

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 9:20 pm 
Harry Vallence

grrofunger wrote:
Wtf are those selections

I can understand the tdk thought and they are taking king term with him

So Murphy straight in haha now that’s funniest selection of the year !!

So let me understand this , dow gets 4 clearances in 15 minutes against the drug cheats and is dropped the following week and not to be seen again ...

They pick setters tommorrow and I bet he plays on a wing and Murphy has done nothing all year and he is back

Williams survives after his poor lazy performance and Cripps keeps playing when he clearly he can’t run

Oliver and Petracca to have field day against tomorrow ...

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 9:23 pm 
Geoff Southby

17th Premiership wrote:
So, our medical sub comes from one of the emergencies? I.e. Newnes, TDK, Gibbons or Honey?

Newnes odds on to be sub

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 12:35 am 
Craig Bradley

Truly staggering how close minded you lot are when it comes to Pittonet.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 12:51 am 
Geoff Southby

Crusader wrote:

We only have 2 rucks at the club. Pittonet and TDK. They should both be in. TDK if only to continue to build his fitness.

I would love to be able to ask the MC why Murphy can be selected over Dow when Dow is clearly the superior player at this stage of their careers. The only reason can be the 300 game mark which is another way of saying Murphy is bigger than the club.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 2:27 am 
Harry Vallence

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
Crusader wrote:

We only have 2 rucks at the club. Pittonet and TDK. They should both be in. TDK if only to continue to build his fitness.

I would love to be able to ask the MC why Murphy can be selected over Dow when Dow is clearly the superior player at this stage of their careers. The only reason can be the 300 game mark which is another way of saying Murphy is bigger than the club.

Don’t say that aloud mate , you will get shot down for speak with such conviction!!

Apparently Murphy doesn’t have to earn games anymore and apparently deserves to get to 300 games for everything he has done for the club , apparently he played for free and just stayed at the club because he loved the club !!!!

How lucky were we , with the great success he had at our once great club

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 9:16 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I must admit, I'm bemused by the selections.
We were flogged in the centre square last week and so we've dropped outside players. :?
It's like having an infected hand and treating your foot to stop the pain.

Unfortunately Liberatore took the game away from us but the frustration is, we knew before hand he was the issue but we did little to address it. He "Crippered" us. Now we know how other teams feel when Cripps dominates the inside ball and they're powerless to stop him. Bont got the credit but look at how they got the ball. In the third quarter alone, Libba attended 6 centre bounces from memory and he won the inside ball and gave it to runners on the outside 5 times. It was like watching a car crash and we didn't seem to have any idea of how to stop him.

So our response is to drop a wingman, a half forward and SPS.

Hopefully there's method to their madness. I wanted to see Newman come in to release Stocker from the defensive 7 but will he be the one? Or could it be Docherty?
As I said earlier in the week, the attacking wing role should probably go to Cuningham (he lacks centre square smarts) as I don't see Setterfield suiting the role. Besides, Setters has been playing predominantly midfield in the 2's. How stupid is it to them bring him in and say "play wing" after he's already struggled there this year.
Murphy to half forward, Stocker and Setterfield into the mid rotation.

JSOS's role will be the interesting one. Does Cripps play as the 3rd tall or do we focus on scoring goals with ground balls and hit up entries. With Lever and May dominating the air, that could be our option.

Let's hope the match committee have a plan. And if the opposition get momentum, let's hope our midfield have some options other than ball watching and hoping for the best.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 9:19 am 
Rod Ashman

I am surprised Dow and TDK not included. And SPS dropped. ESP surprised that Dow not included after he was returned following one week in the VFL - frankly, I was even more surprised he was elevated after just one week in the reserves. But, haven’t been elevated and done well for a short period before getting injured, I am surprised he was dropped and hasn’t made his way back.
TDK would have been good and he may still be the sub but maybe they are taking a conservative approach to make sure he is right to go before elevating him - esp considering the high expectations we will all place upon him as soon as he comes in to the team.

Having said that, I still think Murphy is an upgrade on Gibbons. And Newman is an upgrade on Newman. They’ve obviously had a look at a bunch of potential ‘mids’ (SPS, Dow, Setterfield, Kennedy) and decided Setterfield is the best option against the Dees. That may prove correct, esp since their mids are not the quickest bunch but they are strong. We’ll see.
I do hope that we have been practising roving to Gawn...

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 9:43 am 
Bruce Doull

17th Premiership wrote:
And Newman is an upgrade on Newman.

It's like he's a new man.

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 9:58 am 
Bruce Doull

Effes wrote:
OUT: Melksham, Jackson
IN: Weideman

OUT: Newnes, Silvagni, Gibbons, Petrevski-Seton
IN: M Murphy, Newman, Setterfield

Are we tanking?

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 10:13 am 
Craig Bradley

Are we trying to ruin Dow and SPS? How are we giving them any chance to develop. Flip flopping between the stupid sub role, dropping them when there’s no VFL game on. They both showed a bit in their last meaningful time on ground (Essendon* game) and haven’t been given a chance since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 11:01 am 
Harry Vallence

jake_h03 wrote:
Are we trying to ruin Dow and SPS? How are we giving them any chance to develop. Flip flopping between the stupid sub role, dropping them when there’s no VFL game on. They both showed a bit in their last meaningful time on ground (Essendon** game) and haven’t been given a chance since

Exactly

They finally show something and they get dropped ... that’s called coaching with finger on the pulse

Can’t wait for the bed of year and the clean out of coaches that will happen

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 12:14 pm 
Geoff Southby

Reckon Setterfield and Stocker will go into the guts where they belong.Lets see what they have got.Reckon they will have impact myself and do well against there more fancied Dee's rivals.Got a feeling Setter's and Stock's are gonna have day's out to provide impetus for an upset win..............Go Blues,you can do it.

PS............dont get the angst about the three blokes dropped.Been coming for a while.Selectors finally make a call and get blasted.Strange that.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 12:19 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

jake_h03 wrote:
Are we trying to ruin Dow and SPS? How are we giving them any chance to develop. Flip flopping between the stupid sub role, dropping them when there’s no VFL game on. They both showed a bit in their last meaningful time on ground (Essendon** game) and haven’t been given a chance since

What on earth are the selectors thinking.
Season on the line and they do this.
How are we expected to win without Dow in the midfield racking up 15 disposals and SPS line breaking penetrating kicks

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 12:28 pm 
Geoff Southby

And another thing,nice to see Cottrell,Owies,and Parkes retain there spots.Normally these would be first to go.Selectors shakin' things up.Good to see 'em take a stand.I like it.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 12:29 pm 
Bruce Doull

Sydney Blue wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Are we trying to ruin Dow and SPS? How are we giving them any chance to develop. Flip flopping between the stupid sub role, dropping them when there’s no VFL game on. They both showed a bit in their last meaningful time on ground (Essendon*** game) and haven’t been given a chance since

What on earth are the selectors thinking.
Season on the line and they do this.
How are we expected to win without Dow in the midfield racking up 15 disposals and SPS line breaking penetrating kicks

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next