Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:15 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:31 pm 
Harry Vallence

Very disappointing last quarter. We try hard but aren't good enough. Not down on the boys but just disappointed. It will sting for a couple of days but then we have to get up for another challenge next week against Melbourne. Go Blues!

Blue is the colour, Blue is our colourful conversation, football is the game, talking carlton is our aim, we're all together, we're all together, winning is our aim, arguing is a pain, let's debate for gain. .. .!

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:32 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

club29 wrote:
Heavs wrote:
I reached a point earlier in the year when I made a conscious decision to not them hurt me anymore. I can enjoy the good bits but I'm not going to let them wreck a weekend ever again.

Similar. I find it a progressive move for me to be a non result focused Carlton fanatic. 7 flags in my first 25 years and bottom team for the next 25. Rounds me out I feel. I am better for it. Now I enjoy the problem solving aspect of Carlton. Carlton a still so much fun win lose or draw.

Beautifully put and apt for me

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:38 pm 
Ken Hunter

That was highly disappointing albeit predictable.

JSOS going down seemed the real turning point.

Missing those easy goals in the third along with some cheap goals to them (Hunter you diving cauliflower) didn't help.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:39 pm 
Harry Vallence

79Vintage wrote:
Very disappointing last quarter. We try hard but aren't good enough. Not down on the boys but just disappointed. It will sting for a couple of days but then we have to get up for another challenge next week against Melbourne. Go Blues!

Love your enthusiasm and positivity, I wish I had that !!

In the famous word of Ned stark ,,,, winter is coming !!

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:55 pm 
Robert Walls

azzablue wrote:
dadadadada wrote:
They bat deeper with their midfield and football smartsd

Sorry don’t agree with that

The big difference , is mentality

We are weak and dogs have a strong mental attitude to win

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:02 pm 
Bruce Comben

lucablue wrote:
Cripps, Saad, Williams, McGovern & Martin.

When our 5 HIGHEST paid players contribute nothing today, it's actually very surprising we got so close.

You forgot Charlie Curnow :donk:

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:17 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Slyuss2 wrote:
lucablue wrote:
Cripps, Saad, Williams, McGovern & Martin.

When our 5 HIGHEST paid players contribute nothing today, it's actually very surprising we got so close.

You forgot Charlie Curnow :donk:

Jesus., but he didn't play today, otherwise we would've won.
He would've carried those 5 over the line with him

Someone tell Lloyd, Charlie is not Jesus, yeah he costs us too, and does nothing for the team

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:21 pm 
Wayne Johnston

GWS wrote:
azzablue wrote:
dadadadada wrote:

Last week the Dogs did exactly what we did today.

...and very similar last year against us!

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:22 pm 
Craig Bradley

club29 wrote:
GWS wrote:
azzablue wrote:
dadadadada wrote:

Last week the Dogs did exactly what we did today.

...and very similar last year against us!

The difference is we've done it 2/3 games while Teague's been in charge.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:26 pm 
Wayne Johnston

17th Premiership wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
bluedog wrote:
Does our ineptitude mean we forget about the first-quarter umpiring ineptitude which cost us three goals?

When we were running hot the umpires robbed us.

Cost us probably a 5 goal turnaround, but we also let them off when we were dominating with bad decisions and some bad turnovers by hand.

Agree with this.
Next week, amongst other changes, I’d flip Stocker (into the midfield) and Williams (to half back).
I think our best player until half way through the third was ‘Pressure’. When that dropped off a bit, the Bulldogs took advantage.
Need to maintain that high pressure for longer. We need to maintain it even when the opposition lift. And, yes, we need to nail those shots within 30m and 45 degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. How bad are the dogs against high pressure. Tigers showed the way last week and we followed on. Unfortunately we carried injured and underdone players like Williams,Caz, Cripps and jSos so couldn't apply pressure for long enough to get the job done.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:35 pm 
Harry Vallence

Heavs wrote:
I reached a point earlier in the year when I made a conscious decision to not them hurt me anymore. I can enjoy the good bits but I'm not going to let them wreck a weekend ever again.

I wish I could say I've got to that point! I still hurt.. a lot. I'm so damaged, so beaten down by the years of crap I just can't bear to watch them anymore. I love watching footy, as long as Carlton aren't playing. I scan the tv guide; "oh shit, the Carlton game will be on". I never watch anymore, I wait until the game is over then find out the score.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:48 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Libba 9 centre clearances. Cripps 2, Walsh 1.
23 centre clearances to 7. Who saw that coming? Everyone but our @#$%&! coaches.
Considering we were starting the game from the backline, the players did remarkably well.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:54 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Vain wrote:
23 centre clearances to 7. Who saw that coming? Everyone but our @#$%&! coaches.
Considering we were starting the game from the backline, the players did remarkably well.

We had a guy you last week had 4 clearances in 20 minutes before he went off

And this week , same guy , is fit but played In the reserves because he showed good form , and we to bring in a 900k unfit fatso into the team ... that makes sense , go blues !!

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:54 pm 
Robert Walls

Blue Vain wrote:

Can you remind me of how many centre clearances Dow had in 15 minutes last week??

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:55 pm 
Harry Vallence

missnaut wrote:
That was highly disappointing albeit predictable.

JSOS going down seemed the real turning point.

Missing those easy goals in the third along with some cheap goals to them (Hunter you diving cauliflower) didn't help.

Jsos going down had no impact on the result (8 touches to that point )

The easy goals he continually misses definitely a huge difference...

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 10:22 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Blue Vain wrote:

Having said that we looked more comfortable absorbing opposition inside 50s (for 3/4 ) than I have seen for a while. And all those rebound 50s by us (well up on the 1st month) resulted in us using all the space ahead of us to score more efficiently going into our F50 than we have this season. That ghastly over press where we bang our heads against a wall for no score didnt really happen today.
Unfortunately there was a 4th quarter where we just stopped.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 10:27 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Vain wrote:

Our biggest and most glaring issue for mine. Been happening most of the year. We are pretty much automatically under the pump, have to defend for our lives, continually give up territory and have to start our attack from D50.

No doubt because a myriad of factors. However when your key ruck can’t jump and is probably really just the back up and your supposed best clearance player and contested beast is a shadow of his former self certainly doesn’t help.

We simply have to change it up. TDK can’t come in fast enough and we must rest Crippa and bring in Dow or Settlefield as an example.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 10:30 pm 
Bob Chitty

Today really highlighted how average our midfield is
Walsh is a star
Ed cracks in all day but he’s close to the end and has never been good by foot
Cripps is a shell of his former self. He’s either injured or just completely lost what he had in 2019 and before
We’ve invested in high picks Dow, Setterfield, SPS, Stocker, LOB, Kennedy as midfielders and all are either in the 2s our not in the midfield in the 1s. These are the guys who were meant to make us into a quality midfield. None of them are contributing as midfielders in the seniors
Now we’ve gone and invested big $$ in Williams to play as a midfielder and it’s not working
This is our Achilles heal at the moment and I don’t see much scope for us to become any good unless we find a strong midfield group. We can’t just rely on Walsh

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 10:52 pm 
Geoff Southby

david31 wrote:
Today really highlighted how average our midfield is
Walsh is a star
Ed cracks in all day but he’s close to the end and has never been good by foot
Cripps is a shell of his former self. He’s either injured or just completely lost what he had in 2019 and before
We’ve invested in high picks Dow, Setterfield, SPS, Stocker, LOB, Kennedy as midfielders and all are either in the 2s our not in the midfield in the 1s. These are the guys who were meant to make us into a quality midfield. None of them are contributing as midfielders in the seniors
Now we’ve gone and invested big $$ in Williams to play as a midfielder and it’s not working
This is our Achilles heal at the moment and I don’t see much scope for us to become any good unless we find a strong midfield group. We can’t just rely on Walsh

Yep

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 11:43 pm 
Harry Vallence

99prelim wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

Can you remind me of how many centre clearances Dow had in 15 minutes last week??

4 ... not good enough to impress the match committee

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next