Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:11 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 11:03 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Ugly-Hagen to debut and kick 13.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 11:19 pm 
Geoff Southby

Pleasing returns from TDK & Newman in the reserves from long term injuries today, but they need at least a couple of more reserves games IMO. I wouldn’t be considering them this week.

Disappointing about McGovern (hamstring) - I thought he played pretty well. Let’s hope he doesn’t miss more than 2-3 weeks. SOJ seems like his obvious replacement. If SOJ is unavailable too, it probably becomes a choice between Kennedy, Setterfield or Honey.

If Dow is OK, do both he & SPS hold their places? If so, I guess Gibbons becomes the medical sub.

And if both Dow & Williams are fit, it will be interesting... I’m sure I’ll get shouted down for suggesting it, but in that event I would put SPS in the starting 22, Gibbons as medical sub, drop Stocker and play Williams as a defender/midfielder.

In - SOJ, SPS, Williams
Out - McGovern (inj), Gibbons (sub), Stocker.

If Dow isn’t right, then Stocker holds his place and Williams plays as a midfielder.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 11:37 pm 
Harry Vallence

Hopefully we give Murph all the time he needs to get right. Don't rush him in, just make sure he is 100% please :wink:

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 6:12 am 
Harry Vallence

aboynamedsue wrote:
Pleasing returns from TDK & Newman in the reserves from long term injuries today, but they need at least a couple of more reserves games IMO. I wouldn’t be considering them this week.

Disappointing about McGovern (hamstring) - I thought he played pretty well. Let’s hope he doesn’t miss more than 2-3 weeks. SOJ seems like his obvious replacement. If SOJ is unavailable too, it probably becomes a choice between Kennedy, Setterfield or Honey.

If Dow is OK, do both he & SPS hold their places? If so, I guess Gibbons becomes the medical sub.

And if both Dow & Williams are fit, it will be interesting... I’m sure I’ll get shouted down for suggesting it, but in that event I would put SPS in the starting 22, Gibbons as medical sub, drop Stocker and play Williams as a defender/midfielder.

In - SOJ, SPS, Williams

If Dow isn’t right, then Stocker holds his place and Williams plays as a midfielder.

Great idea , stocker starting to find his feet , his handballs , tackling and toughness was excellent and now you want to drop him !!

Casboult , pittonent and gibbons were the liabilities yesterday

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 6:14 am 
Harry Vallence

AGRO wrote:
Ugly-Hagen to debut and kick 13.

If that’s the case , get ready for McKay to break the record and kick 19

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 6:53 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

aboynamedsue wrote:

In - SOJ, SPS, Williams

Stocker run over your cat? You've done nothing but take ridiculous pot shots at him all season. He has more afl qualities than most of the players you have chosen ahead of him.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 7:31 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Perfect opportunity to make Murphy the sub

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 7:57 am 
Banned

Its not going to be easy we are going to get mauled in the ruck and Dogs midfield will have first use for most of the game.

Their backline is highly suspect and should feast on them.

They dont turn the ball over like Essendon* though and need to try minimise Bonts and Macraes influence easier said than done. Not without a chance if we play to our best and get some players back but the lads sure need to train the house down this week.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:00 am 
Geoff Southby

rhino27 wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

In - SOJ, SPS, Williams

Stocker run over your cat? You've done nothing but take ridiculous pot shots at him all season. He has more afl qualities than most of the players you have chosen ahead of him.

“Ridiculous pot shots”? I have no idea what you’re talking about. I’ve said that he might come good but I am not sold on him yet. He might hold his place next week, but if Dow, SPS, SOJ, Williams are all going to play someone has to come out.

We’re going places when guys like Stocker have to fight and scrap to keep their spot in the team.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:10 am 
Geoff Southby

azzablue wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

In - SOJ, SPS, Williams

Great idea , stocker starting to find his feet , his handballs , tackling and toughness was excellent and now you want to drop him !!

We literally have nobody who can replace Casboult & Pittonet until TDK is match fit and I have said we ought to demote Gibbons to medical sub. I’m in no hurry to drop Stocker but someone will need to come out if Dow, SPS, SOJ & Williams are all to play. Driving high standards with our young guys is not a bad thing.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:16 am 
Harry Vallence

aboynamedsue wrote:
azzablue wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

In - SOJ, SPS, Williams

We literally have nobody who can replace Casboult & Pittonet until TDK is match fit and I have said we ought to demote Gibbons to medical sub. I’m in no hurry to drop Stocker but someone will need to come out if Dow, SPS, SOJ & Williams are all to play. Driving high standards with our young guys is not a bad thing.

If we are talking about high standards then plowman and Docherty need to be dropped !!

And Murphy not to return ...

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:48 am 
Bruce Doull

Confident Jones or Weiters will have an absolute picnic on Bruce.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:07 am 
Geoff Southby

azzablue wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
azzablue wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

In - SOJ, SPS, Williams

If we are talking about high standards then plowman and Docherty need to be dropped !!

And Murphy not to return ...

If you think Stocker offers more (at this point of his career) than Doc & Plowman.....well, I give up.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:55 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Libba is the big challenge for us.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:45 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Vain wrote:

Yep. Hate the prick but his inside work and hands are elite. Often wins the hardball in tight and dishes to their plethora of mids.

Huge challenge for our mids. Especially if Pitt continues to struggle.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:06 am 
Bruce Doull

They have a massive advantage in the midfield on us, but their backline is their weakness.

First use of the ball is absolutely crucial.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:33 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue Vain wrote:

That’s the vibe.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:40 am 
Bert Deacon

Blue Vain wrote:

And Ed Curnow is licking his lips...

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:31 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

His own or Libbas?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:29 pm 
Serge Silvagni

GWS wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

That’s the vibe.

:lol:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next