Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:34 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 11:02 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
So who is in and who goes out?
If JSOS, Williams, DeKoning, Newman, Murphy and Dow all pull up well, what changes do you make? Plus Kennedy was excellent in the VFL.

Personally I wouldn't leave Dow out. Some of his clearances last week were excellent. The one in the first quarter that resulted in Walsh' goal was outstanding. The goal got the glory but the clearance was great. Credit to Pittonet who served it on a platter. It appears that is a set play that was well executed.

For me, DeKoning should come in for Levi if his fitness is up to it. Otherwise give him another week in the VFL. Parks holds his spot so unless Stocker loses his spot or gets moved upfield, Newman can have another run in the VFL.
Williams for Cottrell and JSOS for McGovern. If Jack isn't quite ready, I'd bring in Kennedy as the 3rd tall. Owies keeps his spot.
Toss up between Gibbons, Murphy and SPS. One in the 22, one in the 2's and the other medical sub.

The penny may have finally dropped for Dow (and hopefully our coaches as well) keep him in the guts - the kids going to be OK.

:thumbsup:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 12:47 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:
So who is in and who goes out?
If JSOS, Williams, DeKoning, Newman, Murphy and Dow all pull up well, what changes do you make? Plus Kennedy was excellent in the VFL.

Personally I wouldn't leave Dow out. Some of his clearances last week were excellent. The one in the first quarter that resulted in Walsh' goal was outstanding. The goal got the glory but the clearance was great. Credit to Pittonet who served it on a platter. It appears that is a set play that was well executed.

For me, DeKoning should come in for Levi if his fitness is up to it. Otherwise give him another week in the VFL. Parks holds his spot so unless Stocker loses his spot or gets moved upfield, Newman can have another run in the VFL.
Williams for Cottrell and JSOS for McGovern. If Jack isn't quite ready, I'd bring in Kennedy as the 3rd tall. Owies keeps his spot.
Toss up between Gibbons, Murphy and SPS. One in the 22, one in the 2's and the other medical sub.

I’ll stick my neck out on the last point and nominate SPS for the 22, Murphy for sub and Gibbons for the VFL.

I doubt TDK & Newman play AFL this week. I reckon they play VFL and, as long as their form and TOG is reasonable, return to AFL the following week (vs Melbourne).

Either Cottrell or Stocker can make way for Williams. That one is an absolute toss up IMO.

I agree with everything else.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 12:56 pm 
Rod Ashman

JSOS for McGovern
Williams for Cottrell or Newnes.
Murph another week off or as the sub and SPS a run in the two's.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 1:03 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

SPS will be playing in the 1s and in the guts from what Teague was saying.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 1:19 pm 
Robert Walls

Lace Out wrote:
SPS will be playing in the 1s and in the guts from what Teague was saying.

:thumbsup: :clap:

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 1:24 pm 
Bruce Doull

Any wins we have at the ends of the ground (eg. Harry) will be overshadowed by their midfield superiority I reckon

I'm a bit glass half empty about the Essendon* game tbh

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 1:26 pm 
Ken Hunter

so lucky we're not playing Essendon* then....

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 1:34 pm 
Bruce Doull

I wish we were. Always a good place to buy drugs :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 2:17 pm 
Robert Walls

Parks - Jones - Stocker
Saad - Weitering - Docherty
Cunningham - Dow - SPS
Fogarty - McKay - Williams
Owies - Cripps - Betts
Pittonet - Walsh - E. Curnow

Cottrell - Newnes - Plowman - Casboult

SUB: Murphy

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 2:33 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

If Effendruggies* can select to play his first game...

202cm 19yo ruckman Nick Bryan after playing 3 games of VFL vs 24yo Pittonet and 31yo Casboult, then why not

203cm 21yo ruckman Tom DeKoning after playing 1 VFL game and 3 preseasons vs 23yo English (207cm), and 34yo Stefan Martin?

Levi is having fluid drained from his knee every day. He is lame. What's the point of him hobbling in the forwardline providing no pressure for 90% game time.

It's Time for The King

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 2:36 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
I'm looking forward to seeing JSOS out there again but he hasn't played for a month - reckon he could do with a game in the 2s.

Jack knows what to do.

He was in good form only 3 weeks ago.

Still has a good preseason under his belt.

If he's eager he's ready.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 5:22 pm 
Craig Bradley

As much as I want to see Jack come straight back in, there must be some trepidation. We’re committed to carrying Levi, so it’s pretty important that he compete overhead.

I suppose we could always go back to Eddie at CHF.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:34 pm 
Harry Vallence

carntheblues wrote:
JSOS for McGovern

SPS a run in the reserves ?? Did you see his field kicking forward of the centre ?? Last week ??

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:07 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
If Effendruggies* can select to play his first game...

202cm 19yo ruckman Nick Bryan after playing 3 games of VFL vs 24yo Pittonet and 31yo Casboult, then why not

203cm 21yo ruckman Tom DeKoning after playing 1 VFL game and 3 preseasons vs 23yo English (207cm), and 34yo Stefan Martin?

Levi is having fluid drained from his knee every day. He is lame. What's the point of him hobbling in the forwardline providing no pressure for 90% game time.

It's Time for The King

We need to be conservative with tdk , give him a another week or 2

If we play to our best , we can win this without tdk , pressure is the key

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:22 pm 
Banned

Murphy, JSOS and Williams to come straight back into the team hopefully. Need abit of polish and class around the contest to have a chance

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 12:08 am 
Geoff Southby

Has anyone given a thought of the doggies big bodied mids such as McRae and Bont. Setterfield may be a worthwhile inclusion if he is played in the guts.

Leaves Cripps resting as a marking forward.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 6:27 am 
Rod Ashman

Yes. I’d stick Curnow on McRae. Back Cripps and Walsh compete with Bont and Libba. Tell Cunningham to be accountable for Smith. Let Dow and SPS off the leash (but by god they had better not let anyone run off or get past them the other way).
Forwards must spread - I’d bring in JSOS and TdK for McG and Casboult. If they double team Harry, others must be free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 7:56 am 
Bob Chitty

17th Premiership wrote:
Yes. I’d stick Curnow on McRae. Back Cripps and Walsh compete with Bont and Libba. Tell Cunningham to be accountable for Smith. Let Dow and SPS off the leash (but by god they had better not let anyone run off or get past them the other way).
Forwards must spread - I’d bring in JSOS and TdK for McG and Casboult. If they double team Harry, others must be free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much agree, but think Ed to Libba, he is the starting point to most of their drive. Bigger body on to McRae - who that is depends on selection. Normally I would say give TDK another week in the 2s but with Cas so constrained physically I think even an underdone TDK can match his output and be less of a liability going the other way.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:03 am 
Bob Chitty

Mickstar wrote:
chubbyruss wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Lace Out wrote:
Pretty sure they'll be back soon, overwhelming response to AFL poll, something like 95% want it back.

Hope you are right Laces.....................we could go on about rule changes,umpires,cost of footy,seating, etc,etc.............but of all the things that shit me the most is not having the teams thursday night 630pm...............its friggin' painful,excruciatingly painful...........shit,i go back prior to television when you used to listen to the teams being read out on the radio.........3DB 930 at night.Mate,i used to tingle with excitement................Chick,Kerr,Gilchrist,what a centreline.Donaldson in the ruck.................anyhow,get 'em back to thursday night where it belongs.

Ron Casey -"Backs Comben , Ferry, J. Nicholls
Half-Backs James, Varlamos, Crowe" etc

Yeah Russ.............Ron Casey calling the fights on Friday night.Ron was so good you thought you were there.3DB............Russ,has there been a better than Ron Casey ? and when it comes to that,how about Bert Bryant with the gallopers.Was there anything more comical than listening to Bert call a race when he obviously had a wager on.Talk about bias.Hilarious.

A generation younger than you guys, but remember well listening to the teams on the radio. As an added bonus they would cross to the dishlickers and very quickly I figured out it wasn't too hard to pick a winner there. That proved useful for some pocket money during Uni days. See ther's plenty of ways you can make a dog run poorly (just need to feed he wrong for example) and a few to make them fire up (eg a jaded old dog smear a rabbit pelt on the inside of his muzzle and put it on just before race time he'll think there are rabbits everywhere and watch him fore up) but at least there's no "Handbrake Harrys" on their backs to decide whether to try or not.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:55 am 
Robert Walls

azzablue wrote:
carntheblues wrote:
JSOS for McGovern

SPS a run in the reserves ?? Did you see his field kicking forward of the centre ?? Last week ??

have said this for a year or so...SPS is your classic old style 'centreman' or in soccer terms, "central midfield architect"

Receives the ball from the defenders/mids and then delivers to the forwards with pin point accuracy

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next